Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
honda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

I agree. I had a Honda before, great cars.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Magnus Gallant posted:

8000 Honda matchbox cars?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I like Nissans but Hondas and Toyotas are solid too

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Magnus Gallant posted:

What's a good car to buy? My insurance settlement came to 8k

I'm thinking about buying 8,000 matchbox cars.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Yes! I will buy one of these

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I just got a Subaru Forester and I love it. Lets me haul things a little, super safe, super reliable, and more affordable than luxury cars or whatever.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Quidnose posted:

I just got a Subaru Forester and I love it. Lets me haul things a little, super safe, super reliable, and more affordable than luxury cars or whatever.

Subarus are great; they're the State Car up here.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I would suggest a used dodge. Good all around. Reliable, good looking, often powerful under the hood. Plenty of space in something like a Stratus or Avenger.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
dodge neon worst car ive ever owned. like somethign out of a movie. feel incredibly lucky i was able to sell it for little over half what i paid, six months later

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Everyone come join Asiina's CYOR (no link because phone posting). You know it's a good game when we're halfway to a d1 turbo before the game has even started!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Mar 27, 2020

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

my dad met honda once

Really? From the Honda famil?

Did he meet Honda shibiku or Honda akkodo?

Magnus Gallant fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jul 28, 2015

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I have no idea also I think those are actual cars.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

EccoRaven posted:

I have no idea also I think those are actual cars.

ecco i didn't know you spoke japanese

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

xD

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The 16th Ecco incarnation was Japanese

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I know a few people that are big in reincarnation and all that and they were always Egyptian Pharoahs or queens and stuff. There are only soany, guys! Somebody is lying.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

that's actually a pretty cool narrative for an entirely hogwash psychic

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I meant so many.

I find the idea of ghosts very silly because if I were a ghost I would troll the living constantly.

I mean like CONSTANTLY

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm going to be announcing a roller derby game next month and I want to inject some "little known historical facts" and could use some help as its a double header and will run pretty long.
I'm looking for onion type stuff where it's obviously ridiculous but you still believe it for a few seconds.
Keane, I'm looking at you here.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

If I ever became a ghost I'd haunt cckeane and backspace every time he spelt his name. Everyone would be all like "what's a cckean" and I'd just laugh and laugh.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Opopanax posted:

obviously ridiculous but you still believe it for a few seconds.
ecco dot text.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

Magnus Gallant posted:

What's a good car to buy? My insurance settlement came to 8k

I'm thinking about buying 8,000 matchbox cars.

If Storage Wars has taught me anything, Matchbox/Hot Wheels cars are stupid expensive, they always bid on lockers with toy car collections.

Netflix chat: me and the wife just binge watched Longmire (really good, but a bullshit cliffhanger), and now we are watching Farscape, which is just a treat. What have you all been watching, mafia thread?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

If Storage Wars has taught me anything, Matchbox/Hot Wheels cars are stupid expensive, they always bid on lockers with toy car collections.

Netflix chat: me and the wife just binge watched Longmire (really good, but a bullshit cliffhanger), and now we are watching Farscape, which is just a treat. What have you all been watching, mafia thread?

My weight!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Opopanax posted:

I'm going to be announcing a roller derby game next month and I want to inject some "little known historical facts" and could use some help as its a double header and will run pretty long.
I'm looking for onion type stuff where it's obviously ridiculous but you still believe it for a few seconds.

Benjamin Franklin discovered electricity when he was just trying to get a kite to pull him on his roller blades.

Before the industrial revolution, Since biker ganhs didn't exist, roller blades gangs were the leather wearing punks.

Ayn rand once called roller blading the john galt of footwear based sports.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.

Magnus Gallant posted:

Actually, this. My wife was driving a '99 Civic, and it was incredibly reliable. Did not fare well against a pine, however.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

is Canada just the US but with more maple syrup?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

The face looks aftermarket, I've got a stock '89 I need to fix up.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Opopanax posted:

I have so much fun writing stuff like that. A personal favorite (not mine, I saw it in a movie) : Jack the Ripper was actually... the Loch Ness Monster.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Opopanax posted:

Fact: The reason FDR wore that blanket was to hide his roller skates.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Bigfoot is actually CCKeane with his shirt off.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

BottleKnight posted:

is Canada just the US but with more maple syrup?

The US, but with less guns, religion, and incest. Also, healthcare.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm related to a ghost.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Asiina posted:

I'm related to a ghost.

You should go to your family reunions. I bet they have good Boos there.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CCKeane posted:

You should go to your family reunions. I bet they have good Boos there.

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

I'm related to a ghost.

This post killed me for some reason. Guess im a ghost now