Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
Or you can just unlock all amulet slots? I'm surprised you haven't done this already at 10k+ prestige.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
I registered #godawful on synirc and I hate all of you.

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

Ok so not looting that crap is good if you are hitting the credit cap. Thanks. Probably won't have to worry about that.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
So... how do you turn on guild chat?

When I logged on today, it shows I'm in the guild by pressing O, but guild chat's not coming up under guild options, and how do you vote?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Only commanders can vote, and any chat form that has aelinet (browser) integration has been having issues since launch. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. They said it will be fixed in the patch announced today.

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

This was just answered. Us plebes don't vote. Clan leaders do. You can press enter and the. The up key to pick guild chat. It's broken like half the time though.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Do get to the do the region quest once a week for color sparks or are those quest a one time deal?

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Liberatore posted:

Or you can just unlock all amulet slots? I'm surprised you haven't done this already at 10k+ prestige.

Oh god drat it I misunderstood you. Ok, so if I have 4 amulets the Sparks of Transformation will start dropping instead. I literally JUST unlocked my 4th amulet so I guess I'll see them dropping soon. :)

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

BadLlama posted:

Do get to the do the region quest once a week for color sparks or are those quest a one time deal?

One time deal. Afterwards you can get replicators from some of the quests but it's not really worth shuffling through the other rewards.

Also, if you haven't done a region but are capped on sparks of insight, all the quests that would give you sparks (i.e. all of them) give you an equal amount of replicators instead. I'm at 3.5k replicators atm, all from quickly running through regions of lower prestige than I am.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

BadLlama posted:

I'm not sure what the time limit is but you can still get sparks from regions after the first time through but only if you complete the entire chain. It might be per day but I haven't really tested.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

Liberatore posted:

One time deal. Afterwards you can get replicators from some of the quests but it's not really worth shuffling through the other rewards.

Also, if you haven't done a region but are capped on sparks of insight, all the quests that would give you sparks (i.e. all of them) give you an equal amount of replicators instead. I'm at 3.5k replicators atm, all from quickly running through regions of lower prestige than I am.

Woo, I abandoned the mine world when I capped but this will be something to do till wednesday. Loving the PSO feel this has.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Obscurity posted:

Oh god drat it I misunderstood you. Ok, so if I have 4 amulets the Sparks of Transformation will start dropping instead. I literally JUST unlocked my 4th amulet so I guess I'll see them dropping soon. :)

Plus you don't have to stick at dankit island, try going to one of the open world explore zones that are higher level - once you 100% one of those zones, a good 1/3rd of the tasks there give the respec sparks, and completing the quest categories will give you several hundred of them, even on a low level area like lanbar forest.

LunaDeus
Jul 5, 2014
Can someone explain how the Ether core slots work?

From what the UI tells me it costs argents to slot a core in and all that happens is my Might goes from 0/350 to 0/350(+3)? What does this even mean.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Maximum of 350 Might from that ether core slot. Slotting that particular might ether core will put you at 3/350, giving you a bonus of 3 Might.

An upcoming patch is revamping the system and significantly reducing the costs, as well as allowing you to use credits directly. If you spent any argents on ether cores, they will be refunded.

LunaDeus
Jul 5, 2014

Liberatore posted:

Maximum of 350 Might from that ether core slot. Slotting that particular might ether core will put you at 3/350, giving you a bonus of 3 Might.

An upcoming patch is revamping the system and significantly reducing the costs, as well as allowing you to use credits directly. If you spent any argents on ether cores, they will be refunded.

Ah that makes sense, thanks.

Don't know why they don't just make it 3/350 instead of 0/350(+3), confusing as gently caress.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

It's because using that particular ether core will increase your might by 3, but the UI also wants to show your current might gain from that node.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Used the ascension atlas calculator to do this:

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Has anyone else had problems finishing the Necro simulation? Every time I get to the corpse drop, it just fails to move on to the next bit.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

HyC and I just translated a damage calculating spreadsheet:

Pictured: my stats under Build 1 and HyC's stats under Build 2 (current build). The calculations are accurate.

If anybody wants to use it:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wK1KzzNsn4SKbArD_nA8hoPfZHuZuNaeYfqaTZdgZ3s/edit?usp=sharing

It's really simple. You input your stats under build 1, 2 or 3, choose which build you want to use, and input the stats you want to compare under set 1, 2, or 3. Summary shows the value of each set, such as the DPS increase or the maximum additional damage.

Remember that ultimately your damage is calculated based on the individual coefficients of each skill. You can see some of these in the builder, and the rest you can calculate in-game by dividing your minimum base damage by the skill's displayed minimum damage (this is before talent bonuses, usually).

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jul 28, 2015

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.
Everything I know about Orders:

Unlocked at power level 2050, although you have to go through a series of tutorial quests including discarding one of your brand new adepts to actually get to the point where you can develop your order.

You have 'followers' which is your Order EXP and 'adepts' which actually do stuff.

Under the summary page it will say 'Another Follower is looking to become your adept' but what it should really say is 'these assholes are looking to become your adept'. If you have any it will look like this:

If there's nobody there, then you don't really have anyone. It's lying to you.

Your followers will give you daily offerings of Supplies, Gifts, or Ammo (it's random) which you pick up from a chest by your statue. It can be hard to target it since you want so badly to CARVE THE STATUE but if you point your camera at the ground it should work. Your statue seems to teleport around randomly when you're not there so look for the one that's lit up in a different colour from the others.

Liberatore posted:

[Offerings] are every 24 hours, not based on the daily reset. New adepts show up at midnight EDT (06:00 CEST), which is when the next day starts for any applicable rewards/caps.

Temples and Chapels are the things that actually give you stats - everything else in this subsystem is merely a complicated machine to produce the Gifts, Order Ranks, and Patrons you need to run your temples and chapels.

Temples have two metrics: Rank, and Quality. As far as I can tell, these two stats are not dependent on each other in any way.
Increasing the temple's Rank costs Holy Texts and Gifts, is limited by your Greatness and Order Rank, and increases the might/stamina/%HP bonus granted by the temple.
  • Holy Texts come from your own missions and count 500 credits towards your Credits cap, but sell for over 1000, so people like to farm these for money.
  • Gifts come from Red (combat) missions and occasionally from your daily offerings and are not capped.
  • Greatness comes from blue nodes on the main ascension atlas with the octocube symbol and are thus subject to your weekly sparks of insight cap. All these nodes give 200 greatness, but some of them only cost 150 sparks whereas others cost 325 or more - the 150-spark ones are extremely efficient, so pick any up if they're nearby.
  • Order Rank increases based on your Follower count, which you get from Blue (Order Development) missions and is not capped but it will go pretty slowly unless you spend credits on it which are capped.

Increasing the temple's Quality doesn't do anything on its own, but you have to increase a Temple's Quality before you can increase the Chapel's quality. Both improvements cost Relics (Okki tablets, Ring of the Founder, Silver Pommel, ???). So really you just want relics in pairs so you can upgrade the temple and then the corresponding chapel.
Each province will have 6 secondary stats to choose from, and you can build and upgrade a chapel to that particular stat. You can eventually build a chapel for each, but you only benefit from one chapel per province at a time (though you can switch between them at any time at no cost). In addition, you have to assign an Adept as that province's patron (they can still do missions and everything, it's just an allocation), and the Talent (quality) of that adept should match or exceed the chapel's quality. NOTE! Your chapels are saved on a per-class basis, so when you unlock/switch to a new class, make sure to assign your chapels for that class!

Relics are a pain in the rear end because they appear on random missions every 2 days and sometimes the mission is 10vs10 pvp which nobody does. You don't have to win but you do have to actually get into a match and finish it. Once you have a high enough prestige to start getting Rings of the Founder etc, every type of relic you have access to will appear on a different mission every 2 days. If you fail to complete the mission in those 2 days, the opportunity is lost as it will go on another mission.

Missions are things you send your Adepts on. They refresh every 8 hours and you can spend 7500 credits to refresh them instantly - either way it erases any missions you haven't started and gives you 14 new ones, ignoring any missions that have already started. When you refresh them with credits, the 8-hour counter is not reset and you don't get extra guild building missions. Other than that, refreshing is the same either way.

Missions always have an execution time of either 15 minutes, 1 and a half hours, or 8 hours, although Agility can make that shorter. Every mission has slots for 1, 2, or 4 adepts, and a commensurate amount of difficulty (and exp reward). You can send fewer adepts than necessary, but the chance of success will be lower; failing a mission still grants you half the reward.

There are basically 4 types:
Gathering Resources missions don't cost anything but time and grant either supplies or ammo as a reward. The class bonuses for these are usually Templar or Agent, but sometimes Sorceror, Engineer, or Healer.
Combat missions usually cost Ammo (but occasionally Supplies) and grant Gifts (for temple rank ups) as a reward. The class bonuses for these are usually Templar or Agent, but sometimes Engineer or Healer.
Order Development missions usually cost Supplies (but occasionally Ammo) and grant Followers and Charms (enlightenment materials) as a reward. The class bonuses are usually Envoy, Healer, Preacher, and Mystic, sometimes Engineer or Templar.
Pantheon missions are the thing you do to actually contribute to the guild. So far they seem to cost Supplies and grant Gifts and Construction resources as a reward. The class bonuses have been Engineer and Templar but others may be required later on. You get only one every 'natural' reset (8 hours).

There are also Story missions which have their own icon, but they are pretty self-explanatory and usually fall into one of the above categories anyway.

Adepts are your minions that actually do stuff for you.
Adept classes grant them a bonus to efficiency on certain types of missions. Templars and Engineers seem to be the most versatile, but Healers have the best hats; since Templars' Constitution reduces mission difficulty, it can compensate for mismatching classes, and you may find it's better to just keep a bunch of Templars in your retinue to the exclusion of all else.
Some Order Ranks will increase your adepts' maximum levels by 5 (mine is currently order rank 7 and maximum adept level 25).
Their quality increases through Enlightenment, which costs Charms and Tokens (Adept's Emblem, Symbol of Immortality, Champion's Seal, etc), neither of which are capped.
Charms (Fighter's Amulet, Messenger Necklace, Acolyte Medallion) are mainly obtained from Order Development missions, but you also get them as drops when you're capped on Class Sparks.
Tokens are only obtained from your own missions, so they can be a pain to acquire, but the amount of these that you can get in one go increases as your prestige does, so just grab them when you need them or when they fall on a 2x or 3x mission, don't overdo it ahead of time.
Enlightenment costs:
  • Gray->Green: 50 Adept's Emblems + 60 of two types of charms corresponding to their attributes (or 120 of the same)
  • Green->Blue: 100 Adept's Emblems + 100 Symbols of immortality + 600 of two types of charms
  • Blue->Purple: 150 Adept's Emblems + 150 Symbols of immortality + 150 Champion's Seals + 2500 of two types of charms
  • Purple->Orange: ???
Enlightenment adds about 2-4 levels' worth of efficiency to the adept and increases their attributes randomly, in addition to increasing the quality of chapel they can patronize.

Every adept has two of 6 attributes, which apply cumulatively to a mission with multiple adepts on it:
  • Perception increases Gifts rewards from combat missions - not great since you will have more Gifts than you can spend unless you are buying/farming a lot of Holy Texts
  • Intelligence increases Charms rewards from order development missions - kind of insignificant since you will get a lot of charms anyway, but nice when combined with Charisma (ie. Envoys)
  • Charisma increases Followers rewards from order development missions - nice for leveling up your order quick
  • Wisdom increases exp gains for the whole group - but your followers should be leveling up pretty quick anyway, so it's not that significant.
  • Constitution reduces the mission's difficulty, indirectly increasing the odds of success - pretty nice since it can compensate for sending the wrong type of unit
  • Agility reduces the mission's time to completion - makes your missions cheaper to accelerate, but not especially significant since you're still limited by what missions you get every refresh.

Adept attributes seem to be determined by their class:
  • Templars have Constitution and Agility - probably the best combination especially given that Templars are the second most frequently requested class
  • Agents have Agility and Perception - okay-ish, and agents are the most often requested
  • Engineers have Intelligence and Perception - double meh, but they are also often requested for Pantheon Development missions - if you're not in the guild yet or for some completely unfathomable reason do not want to play with awful goons, they are much less valuable.
  • Preachers have Wisdom and Charisma - nice for leveling everything up quickly, but only requested for order development
  • Mystics have Perception and Constitution - not as good as Templars but Constitution is nice
  • Envoys have Charisma and Intelligence - get the most out of your order development missions, which is the only thing they are ever sent on anyway.
  • Healers have Wisdom and Intelligence - not amazing and although they are often requested, only one of those missions is for Healers only.
  • Sorcerers have Wisdom and Agility - not as good as Templars and not as frequently requested (a couple missions are Templar/Sorceror as well, further reducing their relative value)

A Russian player did a bunch of math to calculate the optimal ratio of classes:

quote:

3 Templar
2 Agent
2 Engineer (if in a pantheon, one or zero otherwise)
1 Preacher
1 Sorceror
1 Mystic
1 Envoy
1 Healer

Templars are the most useful early on and, as mentioned, can compensate for lacking the proper class, so it's probably best to start with those and you can just keep recruiting more and more Templars if you prefer.

Equipment is obtained by first having the correct building in the pantheon (we have it in God Awful NA but if you're on EU or something make sure your pantheon has it), then donating credits in increments of 7500 for Myrrh drops. It should look like this:

Alternatively, you can get a handful of them once a day from running a group instance in a guild group.

Spend Myrrh Drops in the Market under Pantheon for Elite Equipment at a 1:1 ratio. The equipment is consumed on use.

Hope this helps or something

Clairetic fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jul 29, 2015

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Temple upgrades aren't an even/odd combination, but I haven't been tracking it to give the exact bit. For example, for the upgrade to level 12 you get might, stam, and hp bonus.

The color missions aren't always one type, but mostly. There are 1 or 2 for each that take the other type of supply (ammo/supply).

Other than that looks about right, and those points aren't vital to working any of it. Nice work.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

You actually don't need a variety of followers. The Templars' Constitution is usually enough to compensate for the bonus to using that mission's wanted follower. For instance, with the guild missions, I just use two templars and elite quipment and end up with 100% success chance. Like 90%+ without the equipment.

Templars and Agents are wanted more prominently than other classes (Engineers too if you include the guild mission), so if you like their skills, it's not a bad idea to stack up on them. Agility, which both Templars and Agents have, is my preferred skill anyway, so this works out for me.

Envoys and Preachers are great for leveling your order though, as both have Charisma.

Ideally my order would be entirely composed of 5/5 Templars, but it's going to take months or lottery-winning luck before that comes to fruition.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

If you don't mind the Russian, this guide is pretty useful: https://portal.sf.mail.ru/comments/5531839c11d278424495157f

The guy basically crunched the numbers based on numerous factors such as duration of each mission, prominence of each mission type (and which followers are wanted) and so on, and ranked each follower type accordingly. He ranks Agent first, Templar second and Engineer third, but mentions that if it weren't for guild missions, Engineers would be at the bottom.

He sees Perception and Wisdom as unimportant, and values Agility (Templar, Agent) and Constitution (Templar, Mystic), while mentioning that Intelligence and Charisma (Envoys have both) are nice when combined together, as missions that reward followers also reward enlightenment resources. He ignores his opinion on adept skills when rating adept types.

Keep in mind that this guy's guide is written from the perspective of someone who doesn't spend any significant amount of argents/credits on holy texts or accelerating missions.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Jul 28, 2015

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

okay, fixed the parts that I misunderstood and edited in some points about all of those things! Thanks for the feedback!

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Another thing, and this is something I've seen recommended by several Russians:

If you can take a small detour for a greatness node that costs 150 sparks, do it. If you haven't noticed, all the greatness nodes give 200 greatness. But some cost 150 sparks, some cost 325, and some cost 575. The 150 ones are extremely efficient in terms of prestige and stat gains per spark spent. This is truly how you get ahead by using the order system.

This poo poo is why Perception isn't so hot:

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jul 28, 2015

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

Liberatore posted:

two templars and elite equipment
By 'elite equipment', do you mean their Talent level or did you get Modifier stuff already somehow?

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Clairetic posted:

By 'elite equipment', do you mean their Talent level or did you get Modifier stuff already somehow?

Once your pantheon has the right building you can start getting myrrh drops at a rate of 1 per 7500 credits you donate to the guild. At the same time you'll find there is now an item under the 'pantheon' tab of the market that sells elite equipment for 1 myrrh drop each. Elite equipment lowers the difficulty of an adept mission by 15%.

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

Oh, okay, and it seems the equipments are consumed each time? At 7500 credits / 47 argents / 5 cents apiece you probably don't want to use them for every single mission unless you're literally Bill Gates, but using them for Guild Missions seems like a good investment.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

You can also get some by doing a group mission in a guild group once/day, gives 7 or so? Not sure if there is a prestige requirement before they show up.

Edit: maybe they're scaled to prestige. My current one is offering 28 for completion. So not too crazy to use a decent number, though once we get this next building done I'm guessing that will be a better spend spot.

ZypherIM fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Jul 28, 2015

Seanightjar
Apr 1, 2011

SFDEJ188KHBPZ9Z2

Code for premium and such.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Liberatore posted:

Used the ascension atlas calculator to do this:

This is so disheartening it hurts. I really like the gunner class but gently caress spending a month or more grinding to get there just to be able to play it.

In the mean time what intermediate class (Slayer/Archer/Kinetic/Nerco) is the best for solo play? Should I focus on getting to one of those class on the Atlas or max out paladin first and then move to working on a extra class.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Maxing your Paladin and unlocking stuff uses different currencies, you don't have to focus on one or the other.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

If you're liking paladin, I'd suggest keeping playing it while unlocking one of those first 4 you like best, then start working towards gunner. Once you get your pally symbol, switch over to your new class.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

God I wish this game had an external Atlas/Skill/Talent calculator so I could have more poo poo to do instead of working

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Slayer is very good for single target such as bosses but is getting nerfed soon so you might want to wait for that.

Archer is great at crowd control and AoE damage and my favorite out of the bunch also the class symbol you get for maxing it is really good.

Kinetic has incredible burst damage and some fairly flashy moves; a solid choice.

Necromancer is an odd one. You will not do a ton of damage but played right you will never die. The class is however very skill heavy and you may not like getting into it at all unless you have more class skills unlocked.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Morglon posted:

Necromancer is an odd one. You will not do a ton of damage but played right you will never die. The class is however very skill heavy and you may not like getting into it at all unless you have more class skills unlocked.

It is worth noting that you don't come online as solid dps until around 10k or so prestige. At least that's in my personal experience. I am 10600 and just unlocked the two high dps talents that Necro gets.

With that said you can solo pretty well considering you can't die.

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

Another code: SFFRJ188NSA5NFAN

Morglon posted:

Archer is great at crowd control and AoE damage and my favorite out of the bunch also the class symbol you get for maxing it is really good.

They seem good at PVP too. Just plunking away at you with no chance to dodge. Or it may have just felt like it. I've only done a couple of FFA games.

walruscat fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jul 28, 2015

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013

rantmo posted:

Has anyone else had problems finishing the Necro simulation? Every time I get to the corpse drop, it just fails to move on to the next bit.

This happened to me too, probably because I was bored and spamming hellfire at it. On my second try, I made absolutely sure the first golem died to plague, and it worked fine.

e: Now that I think about it, maybe the pet scored the kill instead and hosed up the scripting.

sandorius fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jul 28, 2015

LLeGGo
Nov 6, 2005

No relation. Your mouth foams. We dance.
http://skyforge.browsergames.de/giveaway/12481/1/skyforge-premium-zeit-und-mehr-kostenlos-einsacken.html

Codes still flowing from here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

sandorius posted:

e: Now that I think about it, maybe the pet scored the kill instead and hosed up the scripting.
I have had this experience, not in necro training, but for optional objectives in dungeons (pet getting the last hit on an oculat spy drone or a lurking death for example).

Only semi-related, but enemies with suicide bomb death moves, like Oculat Bombers and Lurking Deaths, don't seem to count as kills for optional objectives such as killing spree or study your opponent, no matter how quickly you kill them or how well you position them, although they can still drop stuff like loot and Unstable Emanations.

• Locked thread