Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Neo Rasa posted:

When it comes out on the 3DS she'll be in two games so she'll be just as qualified as Kid Icarus and Little Mac. :haw:

There was a Kid Icarus Game Boy game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Supercar Gautier posted:

Sakurai has a pretty solid methodology for picking characters. There's maybe a couple odd picks per game, but the roster is generally pretty well-prioritized.

Meanwhile, internet users get really hung up on randos from the 90s or who give them a boner, and then kind of collectively psyche each other up for those specific characters. That's how you end up with a wall of people demanding the fat lizard and the bikini fox.

I don't particularly want Krystal but in terms of "I want another Star Fox character" she's basically the one who would be the most distinctive since she actually had her own gimmicks (and almost her own game) whereas the rest of the Star Fox guys are pretty drat similar.

Of course people are voting for her because of bikini fox, yes.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The Taint Reaper posted:

But Zero Suit Samus is there and is from other M....

This comparison doesn't make any sense. ZSS has been showing up in Metroid games since Zero Mission. There also aren't really any viable Metroid characters who would take priority over her, whereas there are many Zelda characters who would be better choices than Cia.

Neo Rasa posted:

When it comes out on the 3DS she'll be in two games so she'll be just as qualified as Kid Icarus and Little Mac. :haw:

Within each series, characters tend to be added in order of significance (ie, Luigi before Wario, Fox before Falco), and as mentioned above, lots of Zelda characters are way ahead of Cia in line.

It's like you people don't even pay attention to Sakurai's decision-making process.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I don't speak for everyone but I'm not trying to predict who will be added to the game. I think most people are just shooting the poo poo about who would be cool to have in? Is this not an allowed subject?

elf help book posted:

There was a Kid Icarus Game Boy game!

I actually acknowledge Of Myths and Monsters more than I do the NES game. :)

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jul 27, 2015

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the new Impa from Hyrule Warriors was an excellent design and would be a great pick

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Skyward Sword Impa is much better but HW Impa can be an alt I guess.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
I do not like sexualized anthropomorphic animals and think Krystal is weird, but I liked Starfox Adventures, and I think I'm the only one who did.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I also enjoyed Star Fox Adventures, though I can't remember any other game I've ever played where I needed to dive for the remote to hit the mute button out of sheer embarrassment. But it was a solid Zelda clone and there simply aren't that many out there so I liked it quite a bit.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Why can't I play as Cia in Bayonetta 2

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
If you want a more diverse star doc character vote for Tricky the Dinosaur, ROB 64, or the new chicken walking arwing

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

noirstronaut posted:

Why can't I play as Cia in Bayonetta 2

Excels said no.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

elf help book posted:

Excels said no.

"Putting Cia in Bayonetta 3 would clearly remove everything that makes Cia Cia."

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

This discussion is pointless because the new character will be Mallo, from Pushmo.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

codenameFANGIO posted:

This discussion is pointless because the new character will be Mallo, from Pushmo.

I don't want Mallo as a character.

Pushmo not being a stage though is a goddamn crime.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Supercar Gautier posted:

Skyward Sword Impa is much better but HW Impa can be an alt I guess.

HW Impa has either a gigantic fuckoff sword or a naginata that spits fire, and Skyward Sword is a poo poo game for fuckers.

The reality is that if any character from HW made it in, it would be Lana, and that would not be okay.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

On the other hand, Lana would probably fit into SMTxFE pretty well. She just wants to dance.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

RyokoTK posted:

The reality is that if any character from HW made it in, it would be Lana

No, it definitely wouldn't be Lana, since there are other characters in HW who have appeared several times in the mainline Zelda series, and would be closer to the front of the line.

It would be like if Sakurai had put Waluigi in Melee and left out Peach.

Supercar Gautier fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jul 27, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

RyokoTK posted:

The reality is that if any character from HW made it in, it would be Lana, and that would not be okay.

Why? She's no worse than any of the people from Fire Emblem.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

The Taint Reaper posted:

Why? She's no worse than any of the people from Fire Emblem.

This is correct, since both the Fire Emblem characters are Lana are cool and good.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

elf help book posted:

Excels said no.

i have no stake in this argument.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Miku should be in Smash Brothers.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Taint Reaper posted:

Miku should be in Smash Brothers.

She's in everything else so why not

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
Obvs the next character for Smash should be Sami from Advance Wars, who has Snake's moveset from Brawl.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Sakurazuka posted:

She's in everything else so why not

I just want them to release a Miku amiibo to see the prices soar to a few thousand bucks just like the other extremely rare miku items.

I mean lets face it at this point Nintendo isn't really appealing to children, They're appealing to people who have had their products for decades. Amiibos are dman near impossible to get and you need to be a grown rear end man in order to get most of them, smash brothers is populated entirely by adults, and pokemon leagues are all adults.

And anyone who gives a big poo poo about Zelda is in their 20's, 30's or 40's.

So it's like you know what? Bring the titties into the games, all of the motherfucking videogame titties. I want titties pouring out of my eyes like it's Dead or Alive. We can take it.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Chaltab posted:

Obvs the next character for Smash should be Sami from Advance Wars, who has Snake's moveset from Brawl.

This is a great idea. Alternately, I would accept pretty much any character with Brawl Snake's moveset.

Edit: How about one of the lovable soldiers from the Galactic Federation, as popularized in the hotly anticipated Metroid Prime: Federation Force?

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I actually liked Cia in Hyrule Warriors because her motivation for being evil was literally that she is really horny. Like, same

I don't think that's enough to be in Super Smash Brothers though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

nerdbot posted:

I actually liked Cia in Hyrule Warriors because her motivation for being evil was literally that she is really horny. Like, same

I don't think that's enough to be in Super Smash Brothers though.

That's Bowser's motivation too though.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ImpAtom posted:

Also Mario's, Luigi's, Link's, and Zelda's.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, but Bowser's got actual horns to back that up.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Bowser is just a well meaning single dad trying to find a mother for his son

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Spiritually pure, plucky job creator Bowser.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

greatn posted:

Like am i a crazy person for caring about Castlevania?

yes

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it's lit

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

wreck it ralph should be in the game

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Help Im Alive posted:

Bowser is just a well meaning single dad trying to find a mother for his son

I was trying to find the picture where he's wearing these while holding his children, but can't find it. If someone has it, post it, ta.

edit: found it.

Dad Bowser's the best :swoon:

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jul 28, 2015

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Paul Bearer should not be in the game.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
hatsune miku amiibo available exclusively through domino's pizza

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

I was trying to find the picture where he's wearing these while holding his children, but can't find it. If someone has it, post it, ta.

edit: found it.

Dad Bowser's the best :swoon:

He's hipster bowser and I'll thank you to never forget it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

What is that from, anyway.

• Locked thread