Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
He got an iPhone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Our long national nightmare is over.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Joementum posted:

He got an iPhone.

What is going on with that window?

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Raskolnikov38 posted:

He's on a plane. :ssh:

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

There's a gremlin on the wing.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jan 22, 2016

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Zoran posted:

It's John McCain :captainpop:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

I dunno. My guess is that it's night and we're seeing the edge of the wing lit up on the right side?

I don't think it's the wing, it seems to be arcing the wrong way and it seems too bright for night.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Paper With Lines posted:

He also vetoed the Democratic waters project bill as one of his first acts of President. He had a filibuster proof majority in the Senate and a Speaker who wanted nothing more than to shepherd a Democratic president's legislative agenda through Congress. Instead, Carter vetoed their pork bill. He also appointed a bunch of people that key Senators didn't like and rubbed their faces in it. So I agree with Pups of War but he was lacking self awareness. Carter could have accomplished so much and he chose to antagonize his own party for no good reason other than he wanted to "change the culture" or some stupid bullshit. He might be a good dude and I probably would have voted for him, but the level of failure surrounding him is largely his fault. Everything was in place for him to own, yet he didn't.
This is a lot about what worries me about Bernie, since it sounds like he would do the exact same things, and after Carter we got Reagan.

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

Nessus posted:

This is a lot about what worries me about Bernie, since it sounds like he would do the exact same things, and after Carter we got Reagan.

What's wrong with America's greatest living president?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Buffer posted:

What's wrong with America's greatest living president?

You're obviously referring to Ronald Reagan.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

What is dead can never die.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Zoran posted:

(idea blatantly stolen from a PSP thread)

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Did somebody say, "Ronald Reagan"?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
This is also a pro-tier Vine.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Joementum posted:

It's actually impressive how boring he is.

Plain vanilla with nothing on it

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Nenonen posted:

Kal-El is an anchor baby! :freep:

Mister Macys posted:

He was snuck across the border and illegally registered as a natural born citizen.

True story - post-Crisis on Infinite Earths, John Byrne established that Kal-El's spaceship did not in fact contain a baby; it contained a 'birthing matrix,' a kind of artificial womb that held the last surviving Kryptonian in a sort of suspended animation. He was not 'born' until Ma and Pa Kent found and opened his spaceship.

Thus he was born on American soil (i.e. Smallville, Kansas) and was legally and officially an American citizen.

...because somehow this was judged to be important. Somehow. It was the Reagan years, this sort of thing mattered, I guess.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

True story - post-Crisis on Infinite Earths, John Byrne established that Kal-El's spaceship did not in fact contain a baby; it contained a 'birthing matrix,' a kind of artificial womb that held the last surviving Kryptonian in a sort of suspended animation. He was not 'born' until Ma and Pa Kent found and opened his spaceship.

Thus he was born on American soil (i.e. Smallville, Kansas) and was legally and officially an American citizen.

...because somehow this was judged to be important. Somehow. It was the Reagan years, this sort of thing mattered, I guess.

Kind of dumb to do it in the Reagan years. The God Emperor went and gave all them foreigners amnesty anyway.

Personally I like to think he did it so Superman could finally be legal.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Lord of Pie posted:

Plain vanilla with nothing on it

Vanilla's too racy. He just asks for completely unflavored ice cream.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Under the foundling law, as long as they didn't have conclusive legal proof of Supes being born elsewhere, his status as being adopted as a tiny child found on the roadside would have made him legally eligible to be President. (I suppose they figured it out considering he often did things like study Kryptonese and hang out with his holographic father, but.)

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Remember when people got mad about a photo of Hillary drinking a beer?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

bud light and a plain burg

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

Quantum Finger posted:

Or smart. If your draft number was low, volunteering let you choose which branch you went into. My dad volunteered so he could pick the navy since you at least get three hots and a cot on a boat.

He came back with PTSD and shot himself in the brain in front of my mom and me, but I guess he got what was coming to him and so did I.

Um.

gently caress.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Which nominee will visit Doobie for a slaw dog first?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Joementum posted:

Bro, do you even know Martin O'Malley?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZsASfgwTVw

Thank you, person I don't know, for endorsing that candidate I keep hoping would be replaced by Aidan Gillen

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
When Trump said "Someone's doing the raping" turns out, he was talking about himself

Choice quote

quote:

Michael Cohen, special counsel at The Trump Organization, defended his boss, saying, “You’re talking about the front-runner for the GOP, presidential candidate, as well as private individual who never raped anybody. And, of course, understand that by the very definition, you can’t rape your spouse.”

“It is true,” Cohen added. “You cannot rape your spouse. And there’s very clear case law.”

Yup....that's his defense. That you cannot rape your spouse. Holy gently caress.

EDIT: And when proven wrong on that law (NY repealed in 84)

quote:

That is not true. In New York, there used to be a so-called “marital rape exemption” to the law. It was struck down in 1984.

Trump’s lawyer then changed tactics, lobbing insults and threatening a lawsuit if a story was published.
“I will make sure that you and I meet one day while we’re in the courthouse. And I will take you for every penny you still don’t have. And I will come after your Daily Beast and everybody else that you possibly know,” Cohen said. “So I’m warning you, tread very loving lightly, because what I’m going to do to you is going to be loving disgusting. You understand me?”

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

bunnyofdoom posted:

When Trump said "Someone's doing the raping" turns out, he was talking about himself

Choice quote

Yup....that's his defense. That you cannot rape your spouse. Holy gently caress.

wait did that dude just say Trump is a rapist?

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
I love it when a new A Thing emerges. This will be fun.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Nintendo Kid posted:

Vanilla's too racy. He just asks for completely unflavored ice cream.

What would his favorite superhero be? Cyclops? Jimmy Olsen?

The Koch brothers probably told him Lex Luthor is the best.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

The X-man cometh posted:

His favorite superhero is whatever's on the radio, played at a moderate volume.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
what if every candidate was a rapist? what then?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

The X-man cometh posted:

Ronald Reagan after he was bitten by a radioactive jellybean

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Trump is stuck in the early 80s. No surprise his lawyer is too.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Mike Huckabee?

More like Mike Huckabeen :laffo:

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Lastgirl posted:

Mike Huckabee?

More like Mike Huckabeen :laffo:

My Cuckabee

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Donald Trump is going to burn the Republican Party to the ground with his spiteful actions. Looks like we just got to the rape part of the election cycle.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
So how long until it's revealed Trump paid a million to strangle a hobo with his bare hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spooky Forum Ghost
Mar 9, 2015

I've gotten hammered at that bar more times than I care to remember. So strange to see him there.

Also:

quote:

“I will make sure that you and I meet one day while we’re in the courthouse. And I will take you for every penny you still don’t have. And I will come after your Daily Beast and everybody else that you possibly know,” Cohen said. “So I’m warning you, tread very loving lightly, because what I’m going to do to you is going to be loving disgusting. You understand me?”

“You write a story that has Mr. Trump’s name in it, with the word ‘rape,’ and I’m going to mess your life up…for as long as you’re on this frickin’ planet…you’re going to have judgments against you, so much money, you’ll never know how to get out from underneath it,” he added.

:catstare:

• Locked thread