Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

So how long until it's revealed Trump paid a million to strangle a hobo with his bare hands.

More like Giuliani paid Trump a million dollars per hobo strangled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

bunnyofdoom posted:

When Trump said "Someone's doing the raping" turns out, he was talking about himself

Choice quote

Yup....that's his defense. That you cannot rape your spouse. Holy gently caress.

EDIT: And when proven wrong on that law (NY repealed in 84)

So just a complete unforced error by a Trump lawyer? You gotta be kidding me.

Kor
Feb 15, 2012

So, given the Trump Law when it comes to gaffes, scandals, and uncloseted skeletons, how much of a bump can we expect the Donald to get from this? 2%? 4%?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

That's actually the name of his PTSD-addled dog

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

"Hello we would like a comment about Mr Trumps controversial statement"

"Uh no comment but he is definitely not a rapist! Laters!!"

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

spacemang_spliff posted:

wait did that dude just say Trump is a rapist?

The book they're citing seems like a gossip fest, so I'd be skeptical, EXCEPT: there's an actual legal deposition from Ivana Trump using the word "rape" about a violent sexual encounter they had.

She walked it back later to say she didn't mean it in a legal or criminal sense, which is not the same as "it didn't happen." She can't comment further, because the divorce proceedings included a gag order.

The lawyer is trying to paint it as "she wasn't satisfied emotionally" which is hugely gross. I guess that's why he's Trump's lawyer.

So ... Not even the lawyer is denying that something violent and sexual occurred. He's just doing the "it's not RAPE-rape" rationalization.

Tl;dr Trump totally raped his then-wife, yes.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

So just a complete unforced error by a Trump lawyer? You gotta be kidding me.

By a Trump lawyer and Hannity guest.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/07/23/donald-trumps-going-be-republican-candidate-trumps-special-counsel-michael-cohen-talks

bunnyofdoom posted:

So how long until it's revealed Trump paid a million to strangle a hobo with his bare hands.

Probably next Thursday at the latest.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Am I being cynical in thinking this won't really get legs until maybe after the primaries are done if trump wins ans never if he doesn't?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The same Trump lawyer defended Huckabee's statement today.

quote:

Cohen said that Trump is not offended by Huckabee's remarks because Secretary of State John Kerry is pushing an "agenda" on Iran that is a complete "disaster."

"I'm not offended by the words," Cohen said. "What I am is I'm concerned. I'm truly concerned for the safety of not just this country but the countries all around the world."

The only question is: how will this affect Donald's polling? I'm guessing a 5% gain.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

True story - post-Crisis on Infinite Earths, John Byrne established that Kal-El's spaceship did not in fact contain a baby; it contained a 'birthing matrix,' a kind of artificial womb that held the last surviving Kryptonian in a sort of suspended animation. He was not 'born' until Ma and Pa Kent found and opened his spaceship.

General Zod is now revealed as a liberal hero, trying to make some extra dosh selling harvested organs.

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!

Nessus posted:

This is a lot about what worries me about Bernie, since it sounds like he would do the exact same things, and after Carter we got Reagan.

I think that is a worthwhile worry, but Bernie has been in Congress since 1991 and has served in both houses. While he is running as an outsider ideologically, he almost certainly knows that you can't gently caress with Congress in the way Carter did and succeed. I think this works to his benefit. He won't be ignorant to the ins and outs of Congress like Carter was and he won't naively trust Republicans to work with him during the crucial first part of his first term like Obama did. This is all speculation though, ofc.

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
LOL. I believe Donald Trump is an egomaniac and an rear end-hole but this is just a transparent media hit-job using decades old divorce b.s.

Every single divorced man in America has had the pleasure of having absurd lies thrown at them, lies that are mysteriously retracted once the angry divorcee gets a huge chunk their ex's assets and future earnings.

I can easily see a good bump from this. Lends 100% credibility to all his bemoaning of the media being liars and frauds.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Chris Christie posted:

LOL. I believe Donald Trump is an egomaniac and an rear end-hole but this is just a transparent media hit-job using decades old divorce b.s.

Every single divorced man in America has had the pleasure of having absurd lies thrown at them, lies that are mysteriously retracted once the angry divorcee gets a huge chunk their ex's assets and future earnings.

I can easily see a good bump from this. Lends 100% credibility to all his bemoaning of the media being liars and frauds.

Source your reddit quotes, please and thank you.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

AsInHowe posted:

Source your reddit quotes, please and thank you.

Look at his user name

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Chris Christie posted:

lol

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Chris Christie posted:

Dick Morris, don't you have better things to do than post on an Internet forum?

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Joementum posted:

The only question is: how will this affect Donald's polling? I'm guessing a 5% gain.

It should endear the religious right to Trump, since it basically falls right in like with "A wife should cleve to her husband" interpretation. I'd say 5% gain in the polls is about right.

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
"[O]n one occasion during 1989, Mr. Trump and I had marital relations . . . . [T]he love and tenderness, which he normally exhibited towards me, was absent. I referred to this as a ‘rape,’ but I do not want my words to be interpreted in a literal or criminal sense."

LOL

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Weltlich posted:

It should endear the religious right to Trump, since it basically falls right in like with "A wife should cleve to her husband" interpretation. I'd say 5% gain in the polls is about right.

do you actually go around in the world thinking your ideological opponents are literal supporters of rape

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Pinterest Mom posted:

do you actually go around in the world thinking your ideological opponents are literal supporters of rape

Actually, the percentage of the base that would vote for Trump ARE literal supporters of rape.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ivana Trump vs. Imelda Marcos re: shoe collections

This was a thing once upon a time

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Has there ever been a time a republican has won a majority of the black vote?

I was looking online and found Gallup polls and the closest to majority from a republican president was Reagan at 35%

I don't have numbers in front of me, but I'm willing to bet Ulysses S Grant won a majority of the Black vote, in the limited areas where Blacks could vote without being murdered.

potato of destiny
Aug 21, 2005

Yeah, welcome to the club, pal.

Joementum posted:

That guy talks exactly like I would expect Trump's lawyer to talk, and acts exactly like I would expect Trump's lawyer to act, and looks like a middle school science teacher. :psyduck:

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Say hello to the hot new word that's sweeping the right-wing twitterverse:

quote:

Over the past week, a coalition of social media–savvy white supremacists and hardcore trolls have lifted the derogatory term “cuckservative” from the fringes of the “alt-right” internet to the cusp of the mainstream political conversation. A portmanteau of “cuckold” and “conservative,” the word refers broadly to mainstream Republicans who hold insufficiently conservative or even progressive positions on hot-button social issues like transgender rights, state use of the Confederate flag, and, especially, immigration.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

DaveWoo posted:

My Cuckabee

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

DaveWoo posted:

This can't be real.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also My Posting Career sounds like a cool place to hang out and talk about whatever

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom posted:

do you actually go around in the world thinking that everything anyone says on the internet is literally what they mean?

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

spacemang_spliff posted:

This can't be real.

Rich person has conservative monetary opinions, I'm positively shocked.

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
god damnit, Trump's lawyer sounds like a movie character.

That said, wouldn't it be amazing to be him? You can do whatever you want and have the financial backing to do it. Assuming you don't get fired, of course.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Chris Christie posted:

"[O]n one occasion during 1989, Mr. Trump and I had marital relations . . . . [T]he love and tenderness, which he normally exhibited towards me, was absent. I referred to this as a ‘rape,’ but I do not want my words to be interpreted in a literal or criminal sense."

LOL

Why are you defending the man destroying your beloved party?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

bunnyofdoom posted:

When Trump said "Someone's doing the raping" turns out, he was talking about himself

Choice quote

Yup....that's his defense. That you cannot rape your spouse. Holy gently caress.

EDIT: And when proven wrong on that law (NY repealed in 84)
Something loving disgusting... like rape?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Sean Hannity introduces Trump as "GOP frontrunner Donald Trump" :kheldragar:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Lol at people on my Facebook still not taking Trump as a serious candidate. Admittedly, I started out he same way, but even before his financial disclosure, I was leaning that way, and after the McCain bump, well, reality is a helluva drug.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Equine Don posted:

Rich person has conservative monetary opinions, I'm positively shocked.

Nah I don't mean the tweet.

I mean "Have you experienced sex? Yes in an anime relationship (2-D)"

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Chris Christie posted:

Pretty clearly a hit piece. I wonder which campaign did it and when it comes out that it was Jeb I wonder how long before they get both barrels of Trump.

I don't think it will matter much in the GOP primary. The GOP still has the likes of Phyllis Schlafly running around claiming that rape cannot happen in marriages because consent was given when they got married in the first place.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

spacemang_spliff posted:

Nah I don't mean the tweet.

I mean "Have you experienced sex? Yes in an anime relationship (2-D)"

Well

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
berine sanders will pass legistation to recognize our anime marriage

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

stoutfish posted:

berine sanders will pass legistation to recognize our anime marriage

"Envirodude is real, and strong, and is my friend."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Chris Christie posted:

Aside from the "all my ex-wives are just lying thieving broads" bullshit you're pushing, the fact that it's clearly a hit piece is what makes it insanely funny, no matter who slipped it to the news.

Imagine if Hillz or some DNC operative pushed it anonymously in order to make Trump start throwing haymakers at everyone in the GOP primary.

• Locked thread