Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

:911: :911: :911: :911: :911: :911: :911: :911: :911: :911: :911: :911: :911: :911: :911: :911: :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
Anything less than a standing ovation would be disappointing.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Manslaughter posted:

I made this

Please give your :10bux: to the stream instead of buying a stupid smiley

That's really cool, but wouldn't it work better with the face being behind the blocks rather than made of blocks?

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Sweaty Tetris

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Crotch Bat posted:

lol why cut out the huge standing ovation. what the gently caress.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Oh it must be lovely Games Done Quick time, twilight princess bioshock infinite and borderlands pre-sequel are next

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Laughing at the shot of the whole room clearing out.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

btw you now have the power in your body to do whatever you want after watching this block

I'm going to go rescue people from burning buildings and lift cars off of trapped children bbl

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Ahh, Twilight Princess. Get your ResidentSleepers ready.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

GNU Order posted:

btw you now have the power in your body to do whatever you want after watching this block

I'm going to go rescue people from burning buildings and lift cars off of trapped children bbl

I'm gonna play video games

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

GNU Order posted:

good point, time to head home and finish a dissertation chapter

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Twilight Princess. I guess we can't have too much excitement.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer

GNU Order posted:

i'm going to sleep

goodnight everyone!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

Sweaty Tetris

sweatris

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

John Quixote posted:

I'm gonna play video games

im gonna catch up on day 1

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

SatansBestBuddy posted:

That's really cool, but wouldn't it work better with the face being behind the blocks rather than made of blocks?

lol gently caress that too lazy

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Quest For Glory II posted:

Oh it must be lovely Games Done Quick time, twilight princess bioshock infinite and borderlands pre-sequel are next

and lovely planet is buried under those, shame

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Kevin and Kan shout "ZA WARUDO" and within 14 seconds only one person in the world remains alive.

ORA ORA ORA ORA

MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

homphgomph posted:

Too loving good. They need to be a mainstay of every GDQ

I would actually be pretty into more stuff in GDQs that are less focused on speed but rather they're cool skill showcases. I can't think of anything else you could do that would be entertaining (maybe you could get Daigo in and have him play Dong Dong Never Die or Kart Fighter) but Tetris is a really cool way to fudge the rules.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
haha the entire room is empty now

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
My cuite mark is a t shaped block.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Obligatory GUILE THEME :911: post.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

hey

twilight princess is an okay game

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

legoman727 posted:

I feel so sorry for the guy running Twilight Princess next.

I don't because he's running Twilight Princess.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
Guile's theme is so appropriate right now

Godspeed Kevin :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Blockhouse posted:

hey

twilight princess is an okay game

Maxwell Adams lp was the best TP speedryn.

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
Tetris easily claiming top viewers first two days

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Guile's theme: the song to my 4th grade life

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

nerdbot posted:

I would actually be pretty into more stuff in GDQs that are less focused on speed but rather they're cool skill showcases. I can't think of anything else you could do that would be entertaining (maybe you could get Daigo in and have him play Dong Dong Never Die or Kart Fighter) but Tetris is a really cool way to fudge the rules.

If we can have a Fighting Masters tournament on bonus stream we can sure as hell have a Dong Dong Never Die tourney on bonus stream.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I was part of the TGM4 loc test. Some details:

Main mode:
- At some point, mist covers up about 3/5ths of the screen, and nothing below the mist line can be cleared even if full lines are formed. It will clear automatically whenever the mist dissipates. As you get higher up, the mist basically vanishes for a brief period of time, then reforms.
- The series creator tweeted a goal of about 2700 or 2800 lines to reach for a new gimmick to start, which means the goal for this mode is potentially at least 3000. The highest reached at the test was over the 1500 mark.

Other mode:
- Giant sized pieces, timer counts down to 0 and you game over.
- Clear the entire board to earn 1 point and earn a chunk of time.

It'll be crazy to see what sort of end game this version has.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Gamma Nerd posted:

God-speed Kevin

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
When Kevin said how much better the Japanese players were at AGDQ I thought he was just being modest but holy gently caress Ken is inhuman.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Well look at that time to hit the hay

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Bloody Tears :siren:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Super Jay Mann posted:

We know TGM4 exists (and may get released soon?), we know it's existed for a while.

What the hell did they have in mind to top all of this?! :stonk:

Rounds mode, where ice covers the field and freezes blocks in place so they don't clear until you pass the level threshold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZpeNQVKXao

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Super Jay Mann posted:

We know TGM4 exists (and may get released soon?), we know it's existed for a while.

What the hell did they have in mind to top all of this?! :stonk:

The old TGM4 preview's shirase equivalent is even longer and blocks you from making clears at the bottom of your stack til you do certain things.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
More like a Bloody STORM

Someone SERIOUSLY needs to do some JoJotastic GIF mashups of those last few Kan v Kevin matchups.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
It's too bad that TGM4 is called Masters of Round. Like, c'mon, you can't follow up TERROR INSTINCT with something weak like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.
Hey now I actually liked Twilight Princess.

Granted I haven't played it in years so that may be biasing my opinion. :shobon:

• Locked thread