Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Have the other candidates poo poo themselves that he is paying for all this himself and none of them can yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Obviously it's just the lamestream media trying to tell us what to think. Stay firm trump believers!!!!

Vitruvio
Jan 28, 2015

Which one of those is the rapist?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Vitruvio posted:

Which one of those is the rapist?

The baby.

lookoutbelow
Mar 3, 2004

Rocks posted:

Obviously it's just the lamestream media trying to tell us what to think. Stay firm trump believers!!!!

"Firm."

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

So is the Republican Establishment still convinced that reality polls are biased?

'Cause we know how well that panned out 3 years ago :haw:

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

homeless poster posted:

who the hell is so excited about the koch brothers buying the potus that scott walker has jumped into second place? other than being default white man, where the hell is his popularity coming from?

Conservatives love him because liberals hate him.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

homeless poster posted:

who the hell is so excited about the koch brothers buying the potus that scott walker has jumped into second place? other than being default white man, where the hell is his popularity coming from?

In many ways Walker's appeal is just a more publicly acceptable version of Trump's - the same sort of people who think that money, business and unrestricted capitalism are great and signs of personal worth but who haven't embraced it enough to mock POWs.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Dolash posted:

In many ways Walker's appeal is just a more publicly acceptable version of Trump's - the same sort of people who think that money, business and unrestricted capitalism are great and signs of personal worth but who haven't embraced it enough to mock POWs.

i guess i can see that but you can't do "Trump only edited for TV audiences" because Trump's whole schtick is that he is the modern caligula/king henry VIII and without the insane intensity, you're just a boring white (wealthy) businessman. it's the same reason Trump can't ever turn the insanity down from 11 because the instant he does that he stops being larger than life and becomes a mortal and everyone can dog pile him like they only wish they could right now

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

SirPhoebos posted:

So is the Republican Establishment still convinced that reality polls are biased?

'Cause we know how well that panned out 3 years ago :haw:

Nah, it's just math you do as a Republican to make yourself feel good.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1lJ3tfQFpc

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

Dahn posted:

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/donald-trump-2016-campaign-caucus-120562.html

Clearly Trump has peaked, well it was a fun ride. Last guy out catch the lights please. Washington insiders know all.

That's the third dumb as gently caress politico story I've read this week, also the third politico link I've clicked this week. Hmm.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Isn't Politico mostly a GOP mouthpiece?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

its a mouthpiece for washington insiders and retarded but i dont think its particularly biased towards the gop other than it takes them seriously, which is not objective reporting imo

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

They're one very small step to the right of the American center. Generally not too bad, as long as you keep that in mind.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I am going to unironically vote for trump

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004
Allen West as VP for Trump?

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Dahn posted:

Allen West as VP for Trump?

My first thought was "the guy who played batman?"

And I think adam west would be a great combo with trump

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

donkey salami posted:

Batman is a good VP option.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaHe9PBnFdA

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

donkey salami posted:

well, last election did prove that somedays you just can't get rid of obama

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

trumpailures

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Trump 2016: Master of Mayhem

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

homeless poster posted:

i guess i can see that but you can't do "Trump only edited for TV audiences" because Trump's whole schtick is that he is the modern caligula/king henry VIII and without the insane intensity, you're just a boring white (wealthy) businessman. it's the same reason Trump can't ever turn the insanity down from 11 because the instant he does that he stops being larger than life and becomes a mortal and everyone can dog pile him like they only wish they could right now

Caligula had a medical condition and plenty of legitimate causes for paranoia. If you're going for a Julio-Claudian analog to trump, it really must be Nero.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

zeal posted:

Caligula had a medical condition and plenty of legitimate causes for paranoia. If you're going for a Julio-Claudian analog to trump, it really must be Nero.

I was thinking more Crassus

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

etalian posted:

Donald is definitely Crassus.

So when is he gonna get gold poured down his mouth by Parthia satraps?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

etalian posted:

Lastgirl posted:

Donald is definitely Crassus.

So when is he gonna get gold poured down his mouth by Parthia satraps?

That comparison is really disparaging to Crassus imo

Crassus was a successful businessman. Though I do look forward to Trump's disastrous personal invasion of Iran.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Practicing his force choke ability I see. There's a joke in there about "apprentice" Sith somewhere I'm just not good at this posting thing.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

zeal posted:

i just meant more in terms of insane excess than some kind of specific historical link. to me, Trump's proclivity to plaster his name in golden, 400 point font across everything, including potentially some kind of government building, is similar to caligula promising to make his horse a senator

Indubitable Leg
Aug 9, 2013

SumYungGui posted:

Practicing his force choke ability I see. There's a joke in there about "apprentice" Sith somewhere I'm just not good at this posting thing.

I thought he was referencing what he was gonna give Walker later if you catch my drift. :pervert:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

cufflinks/no tie

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

zeal posted:

That comparison is really disparaging to Crassus imo

Crassus was a successful businessman. Though I do look forward to Trump's disastrous personal invasion of Iran.

Crassus made his millions through buying buildings which were burning down and also went on a failed military adventure because he wanted respect.

ATribeCalledKvetch
Nov 5, 2010

I do hate myself, but it has nothing to do with being Jewish.

The Donald needs some classy broads before continuing the campaign.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I think he heard there was an opening for a new Lord Coke

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Chris Christie posted:

I'm savoring every minute of naive liberals savoring every minute of Donald Trump pimp-slapping the GOP and the establishment candidates in the primary race.

You fools actually want him to win because of your adorable little belief that things will be different in the general election, and that your precious little party and precious little candidates like Shillery or crazed hippie grandpa won't suffer the same fate.

Imagine Donald Trump's gold-plated soles stomping on your eventual candidate's face, forever.

"Rick Perry is an idiot" and "Who the hell can vote for Jeb Bush" will be replaced with "Hillary Clinton is the worst secretary of state ever and also for sale, I would know, I've bought and paid for her in the past" and the vast majority of voters that don't watch Fox News OR MSNBC, don't read Drudge OR Huffpo, and don't vote exclusively for either party's POTUS candidates every 4 years will eschew voting for the lying, pantsuit-wearing, shrill old granny in favor of the brash star of one of their favorite reality TV shows they watch instead of the news, who gets their juices flowing by crapping all over his politician opponent and saying exactly what is on his mind, especially when its something controversial.

They'll come for the spectacle, and they'll pay with their votes on election day.

lol

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I wish I could cast an ironic vote and a serious vote, I'm really looking forward to voting for Bernie but god drat do I want to vote for Donald Trump

We live in a country where I can vote for Donald Trump as president, I feel like I don't want to waste that, you know

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gregoriev posted:

The Donald needs some classy broads before continuing the campaign.

hes absolutely correct on all accounts tho

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Code Jockey posted:

I wish I could cast an ironic vote and a serious vote, I'm really looking forward to voting for Bernie but god drat do I want to vote for Donald Trump

We live in a country where I can vote for Donald Trump as president, I feel like I don't want to waste that, you know

Bernie is never going to make it to the main race because every house wife is voting for Hillary in the primaries to show their husbands how important women are.

Your only choice is going to be Trump.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
My whole family is Trump supporters except for one Carson fan. gently caress my life. Please box me up and ship me to Europe or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

The Human Crouton posted:

Bernie is never going to make it to the main race because every house wife is voting for Hillary in the primaries to show their husbands how important women are.

Your only choice is going to be Trump.

gently caress you and :bernget:

• Locked thread