Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Pyrolocutus posted:

Anyone know what you do to bust the padlock in the barn?

I've been searching around trying to figure out what item to use. I thought maybe attaching it to the tractor and busting out of the barn. Doesn't look like it. Nor getting the hook on the generator and pushing it off the ledge. Any help?

I'm stuck at the same place to, I don't see anything to interact with

figured it out. Attach the rope to something that fell

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jul 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

I'm only about half way in? But it's obvious this timeline isn't exactly the same as the original.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
Code to the bunker?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I'm stuck at the same place to, I don't see anything to interact with

figured it out. Attach the rope to something that fell

Still at a loss here. The only thing in here I've seen that's fallen is the old motor that I dragged, but there's no option I can see.

Georgia Peach posted:

I'm only about half way in? But it's obvious this timeline isn't exactly the same as the original.

I get the feeling it's because of young Max assuring young Chloe she'll always be there for her

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Pyrolocutus posted:

Still at a loss here. The only thing in here I've seen that's fallen is the old motor that I dragged, but there's no option I can see.

I get the feeling it's because of young Max assuring young Chloe she'll always be there for her

Use your superpower while on the top.

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

What's the phone pin number? I have been stuck on this for 20 mins trying them all.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:stare:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Well uh :stare: Nathan's room is a hell of a thing.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I beat the episode already. :stare:

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Still haven't finished but I'm currently convinced the fact Nathan was born in Florida and there was a Welcome to Florida sign in David's garage isn't a coincidence. Or maybe it is.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Welp, Im not going to get to play this until Friday or so.

By until then, thread.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Use your superpower while on the top.

Ahhh. I blame the fact that it was cut off for part of the episode :v:

im gay posted:

Code to the bunker?

My new nemesis. I tried a few options but I think it's one of the three-number combos from the sheets Nathan scrawled on. Having a devil of a time finding the paper in the scrapbook/diary, though.

EDIT: and got it.

Pyrolocutus fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jul 28, 2015

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

im gay posted:

Code to the bunker?

Did you try looking at the buttons

damnfan
Jun 1, 2012
God drat I hate Brooke's voice

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I KNEW IT

Also that cliffhanger, gently caress

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
Wow that ending. gently caress

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Long episode, and unlike the last episode, satisfying all the way through. Let's be honest, the last episode only got good with the alternate timeline ending twist. The rest of the ep. was bland.

THIS episode, however...

Soooo.....uhhhh...:siren:HUGE END SPOILER:siren:Mr.Jefferson is Nathan's Mr.Batemen snuff-photo mentor? I'm really really curious how that's going to play out. Oh...and Chole being dead....and how you escape from the snuff dungeon.

God. drat this episode was worth the wait.

Now the agonizing wait to the finale.

Also, 0% of people helped stop the fat girl from falling into the pool?. I did. :colbert: Max is her avenging angel!

EDIT: Also so much for the Max is Rachel theorists. Kind shocked just how...expected that story played out. I wonder how much Dotnod is changing writing wise between episodes. Maybe that was the original twist and they wrote it out?

Snuffman fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jul 28, 2015

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
Is the rewinding power not working properly for anyone else? before I could press the one button and rewind till the last event, now if i press it it'll rewind 100% back and can't break out of it

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Snuffman posted:

Kind shocked just how...expected that story played out. I wonder how much Dotnod is changing writing wise between episodes. Maybe that was the original twist and they wrote it out?

Nothing major.

The choices for every episode leaked five months ago: they've been 100% accurate so far.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Genetic Toaster posted:

Nothing major.

The choices for every episode leaked five months ago: they've been 100% accurate so far.

Oh. Well. Glad I haven't been spoiled yet.

I must say, the more I think about it, how wonderfully reactive this episode was in relation to all the choices made in prior episodes. Lots of vocal callbacks to a LOT of choices, the visit with Kate in the hospital (How does that play out otherwise?), and scenarios genuinely playing out differently based off of decisions from way prior episodes it didn't happen in my game, but Frank can be KILLED? :stare: Jesus, I had him reconcile and he seems like an alright dude in the end..

Really putting Telltale's GoT to shame at the moment.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Just finished. If I don't get to bring Chloe back, I am done with DONTNOD :colbert:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can we get the best of both worlds and have cool Chloe with the regular red hair. I need this for reasons.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

HOLY gently caress THAT ENDING.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
So someone pointed this out, was that always there? ending spoilers http://i.imgur.com/EE5fi5u.jpg

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ekusukariba posted:

So someone pointed this out, was that always there? ending spoilers http://i.imgur.com/EE5fi5u.jpg

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

there's also this, again ending spoilers http://i.imgur.com/2p9XGtz.png

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Welp. Time to be completely irritated until the last episode. Jesus, that ending.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
M'lady.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ekusukariba posted:

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Ekusukariba posted:

I'm blind. What am I looking at here?

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Snuffman posted:

The meme face. Honestly though, I'm surprised nobody's posted this:

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Snuffman posted:

Graffiti between Max and Chloe

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Ekusukariba posted:

Graffiti between Max and Chloe

Well poo poo. I missed that too. Aaaaaah

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Holy poo poo that ending. :stare:

I have a feeling that selfie Warren took of him and Max will become important next episode.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
WHAT THE EVERLIVING gently caress

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Ending chatter:

Right now I'm leaning towards sort of a mentor / mentoree relationship between Mr. Jefferson and Nathan as far as the kidnapping and assault go. It's possible, however, that Nathan doesn't know about the murder, and Mr. Jefferson is setting up Nathan as a fall guy for that, if he believed Rachel was just unconscious when posing at the junkyard. The text from Nathan at the EotW party might have been sent by Mr. Jefferson using Nathan's phone. We might see Nathan in the same dire straits as Max when Episode 5 resumes, as Mr. Jefferson moves to tie up loose ends. Or maybe Nathan is a full participant and Mr. Jefferson is still eliminating him for the same reasons.

E:

Wiseblood posted:

I have a feeling that selfie Warren took of him and Max will become important next episode.

Probably, I didn't even remember that but it would work well as a timehop point.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Once again we serve only as witnesses to the Gods' seemingly infinite hatred of Chloe.

Couple thoughts:

- Really weird for Max to just go along Chloe's "Imma hunt Nathan's punkass down" plan. Had to happen for the rest of the episode to unfold the way it did, but I'd rather have a choice or at least a chance to voice my disapproval (that Chloe could then simply ignore) for it to feel a little less contrived.
- Ghost Doe showed up but went unnoticed; it just popped in and out. This seems important but I'm not sure what to make of it yet.

Ekusukariba posted:

Is the rewinding power not working properly for anyone else? before I could press the one button and rewind till the last event, now if i press it it'll rewind 100% back and can't break out of it

Yeah, I had this happen too.

Ekusukariba posted:

Yikes, but... who did this? Jefferson or Nathan ? The latter doesn't seem to have been there, but that does not look like the sort of thing the former would write. Then again, he isn't exactly who we thought he was.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
Ending: The letter with the cuttoff bottom in the bunker seems to indincate that it was a mentor/mentoree type situation

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Wiseblood posted:

i can really see it being a jumping point to save chloe and set up for the final battle.

seravid posted:

- Ghost Doe showed up but went unnoticed; it just popped in and out. This seems important but I'm not sure what to make of it yet.

i interpreted it as rachel being the ghost doe all along and she was guiding max and chloe just like chloe always said

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Really end the end of the day I can't wait to see Ep 5 and how this all turns out. What a wild ride. I guess in hindsight the plot is slightly predictable but I'm a loving sucker for detective stories.

• Locked thread