Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

SectumSempra posted:

Now I'm curious as to what the longest game to speedrun is

I think the longest they've done is ff IX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
YouTube archiving fell off a cliff today. So many runs I missed at work that I wanted to see. :(

EDIT: Well, maybe I could just watch the Twitch archi-...

:negative:

Rocketlex fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jul 28, 2015

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

What did I miss? Didn't he do a run yesterday?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

SectumSempra posted:

Baten Kaitos 100%

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

SectumSempra posted:

I believe Baten Kaitos has a 400 hour requirement for one of its secret items so going for 100% takes at least that long.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Darkoni posted:

https://youtu.be/Sj1wPaMCDjA

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Is there a VOD of the Tetris stuff yet or has Twitch not automated that one yet?

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

goddamn, from bio of dude's other account:

NewRightEcon posted:

I use Evo Game Theory to model sexual, racial, & nationalist truth.

:psyduck:

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Random Stranger posted:

I believe Baten Kaitos has a 400 hour requirement for one of its secret items so going for 100% takes at least that long.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Baten Kaitos 100%

Now gently caress that noise entirely.

theultimo posted:

I think the longest they've done is ff IX

Don't tell anyone but thats my least favorite of the ps1 rpgs.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
You know how some people play Skyrim with the goal of killing every NPC in the game? That'd make a good premise for a speedrun.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Darkoni posted:

He got really nervous and socially awkward and didn't realize that maybe a charity stream with 100k viewers wasn't the best place to talk about how much he loved assisted suicide (context: death abuse in game), likened the game to domestic abuse (THERE IS NO ESCAPE), and capstoned the run by saying one day he was probably going to become a psychopath and murder everyone.

It's hard to see him as totally serious about any of those things, but they're tasteless jokes that you definitely probably should not make in such a public event and he at least should not be allowed back on camera for the event. He was kicked out of SGDQ and his twitch channel is banned (likely an auto-response from the ton of reports he surely got either from trolls or people blowing his comments way out of proportion).

so now people are parading about how he did nothing wrong and literally saying things like "jokes about beating your spouse is A-OK" because this is the internet and you can only be extremely on one side or the other with no in-between :downs:

Kaubocks fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jul 28, 2015

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

elentar posted:

goddamn, from bio of dude's other account:

:psyduck:

Give him a couple more years and he'll come up with the Timecube....

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

WELP. He's uh... He's a special kinda guy that for sure.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Well, at least there isn't too long left in TP run. Mind you, next run is also a long one with Bioshock Infinite... I don't know anything about that game - is it worth watching?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
The dude on the left of the couch is literally melting from boredom.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

PotatoManJack posted:

Well, at least there isn't too long left in TP run. Mind you, next run is also a long one with Bioshock Infinite... I don't know anything about that game - is it worth watching?

I don't know anything about the speed run but the plot is hilariously terrible and I don't think you can skip parts of the plot since all the cutscenes are ingame.

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Think that just might be his natural state.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Internet Kraken posted:

I don't know anything about the speed run but the plot is hilariously terrible and I don't think you can skip parts of the plot since all the cutscenes are ingame.

If that run is just bunny-hopping between cutscenes with no skips it's going to be interminable.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

I think he's fusing to the couch.

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
I'm actually looking forward to this guy's Wind Waker run because he's probably prepared for that one as opposed to being subbed in for this one. Then again, I do have a soft spot for Zelda speedruns so I'm sure I'd watch it anyway. v:shobon:v

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

quote:

I was gonna donate, but after this idiotic overly harsh punishment I'm not giving them poo poo. i bet they are funneling money to the Clintons anyway.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Put it this way, if those are the people you're pissing off, you're doing it right.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
Going up to the City in the Sky (City in the Skyyyy)
That's where I'm gonna go when I die
When I die and they lay me to rest
I'm gonna go to the place that's the best

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

LightningSquid posted:

I'm actually looking forward to this guy's Wind Waker run because he's probably prepared for that one as opposed to being subbed in for this one. Then again, I do have a soft spot for Zelda speedruns so I'm sure I'd watch it anyway. v:shobon:v

I would only be interested if someone tells this man that periods should not make a noise.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Bernie 2016

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

SOMEONE ON THE COUCH TALKED

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

SectumSempra posted:

Baten kaitos: eternal wings and the lost ocean 100%

360 hours, most of it spent waiting for an item to age to become another item

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

SeXReX posted:

At that point you'd think people would just dismiss the game as unfit for speed running.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

SeXReX posted:

Does this item even do anything?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Kaubocks posted:

He got really nervous and socially awkward and didn't realize that maybe a charity stream with 100k viewers wasn't the best place to talk about how much he loved assisted suicide (context: death abuse in game), likened the game to domestic abuse (THERE IS NO ESCAPE), and capstoned the run by saying one day he was probably going to become a psychopath and murder everyone.

It's hard to see him as totally serious about any of those things, but they're tasteless jokes that you definitely probably should not make in such a public event and he at least should not be allowed back on camera for the event. He was kicked out of SGDQ and his twitch channel is banned (likely an auto-response from the ton of reports he surely got either from trolls or people blowing his comments way out of proportion).

so now people are parading about how he did nothing wrong and literally saying things like "jokes about beating your spouse is A-OK" because this is the internet and you can only be extremely on one side or the other with no in-between :downs:

I feel like the things he joked about have been joked about on stream before without much reaction, it's just that he comes across as a mentally unstable person rather than someone trying to make a joke. I really hope people just let this one go, he doesn't need to be banned from anything but he shouldn't be on stream.

Ocatamai
Jun 18, 2004

Perfect and Elegant Maid
Intentionally softlocking your game at the end of your run after 45 minutes of people's time is kind of a dick thing to do though.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Kaubocks posted:

He totally hosed up.

It's entirely internet culture and social awkwardness tuned to 100000/100.

Like we all know he wasn't serious about any of it, but its very internet bro culture to say that poo poo.
banning? on the fence about.

Not able to participate in the next one or not have a mic even if he runs?
definitely.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Well, this boss fight is interesting at least

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

LightningSquid posted:

I wish Cosmo were here.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

argondamn posted:

I feel like the things he joked about have been joked about on stream before without much reaction, it's just that he comes across as a mentally unstable person rather than someone trying to make a joke. I really hope people just let this one go, he doesn't need to be banned from anything but he shouldn't be on stream.

Even if he didnt mean it, yeah, some things you just dont say and once you say them you're gonna have to face at least some reprisal.

I'd probably just bar him from appearing as a runner/on the couch in future but I could understand if they wanted to not take any risks after the psychopath thing.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:stare:

:stare: :stare:

I was going to give him poo poo, but goddamn that's a lost cause right there.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
I wonder how many people would donate if a two-week Baten Kaitos speedrun was streamed for charity.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

There were a couple of times where people said inappropriate things but those moments were immediately called out or stepped back

Sir Tonk posted:

:stare:

:stare: :stare:

I was going to give him poo poo, but goddamn that's a lost cause right there.
these people haven't donated a cent to this or any GDQ

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
It was less what gamepro11 said and more that he was being tasteless while representing a charity for one of the most good organizations on the planet.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Might want to have a nice person visit that dude, there's a fine line between being edgy for a crowd and having suicidal tendencies. We don't need some pissed of nerd coming in and lighting up the place with his massive gun collection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.
In non-Asperger's related discussion, does anyone have any recommendations from today other than the TGM block? I was at work all day and didn't get to watch anything.

• Locked thread