Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Here's some videos from MKBHD and Droid Life about the OnePlus 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91av8wCH7CI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy6FO7L3n30

The $389 64GB one is tempting tbh. Hoping for some cool stuff from Moto tomorrow as well.

Edit: Here's an Android Authority comparison between the OnePlus 1 and 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkPlrBxzPaM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew
Any chance of the 1+2 working on Verizon?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Super Dude posted:

Did the 1 ever work on Verizon?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Why would you buy anything but a Nexus?

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Super Dude posted:

No

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

CLAM DOWN posted:

Why would you buy anything but a Nexus?
Because it's loving ridiculously huge and still way overpriced at $549?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Syrinxx posted:

Because it's loving ridiculously huge and still way overpriced at $549?

I meant more instead of getting the loving one plus two you should wait for whatever the Nexus announcements are this fall.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

I meant more instead of getting the loving one plus two you should wait for whatever the Nexus announcements are this fall.

I know a couple people with the OP 1 who enjoy it so I feel like it's a nice option. Options can be nice.

SB35
Jul 6, 2007
Move along folks, nothing to see here.
No wireless charging OR QuickCharging on the 1+2? No NFC?

But for some reason it has a fingerprint sensor and laser cameras and USB-C. Interesting priorities there guys.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Isn't Quick Charging part of the Snapdragon 810? Can't they just add that in?

I don't know how that works.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Edit- double post

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jul 28, 2015

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

SB35 posted:

No wireless charging OR QuickCharging on the 1+2? No NFC?

But for some reason it has a fingerprint sensor and laser cameras and USB-C. Interesting priorities there guys.

Never settle

I'd actually consider a 1+2 this time around if I could be sure the build quality didn't wildly vary and that it would be handled in a professional manner

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

WhyteRyce posted:

Never settle

I'd actually consider a 1+2 this time around if I could be sure the build quality didn't wildly vary and that it would be handled in a professional manner

1+2 is the amount of phones you have to buy from them before you get a working device.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

On good they still are using the invite system. For a second I thought they learned their lesson and were trying to improve things

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

This isn't really a valid defense. They're both embarrassing software engineering oversights, but it sure looks like one's in a different league than the other — both from severity and patching standpoints. Go ahead and keep white knighting an operating system whenever cremnob baits you though. That's productive.

One was patched by Google in April (meaning fuckall for people getting samsung'd or huawei'd) and the other doesn't seem to have stopped sending iPhones into bootloops since late May. It's more of an illustration of the difficulties an issue can cause with both the walled garden of iOS and the autistic playground of Android when presented similarly to both (malicious message content being parsed by the system) but I'd hesitate to say anyone's whiteknighting Android given a quick skim of the thread. Pretty much everyone's frustrated with their turbo-tastic Lollipop experience on the Droid Turbo or falling-apart N4s/N5s, etc unless the term has become such a throwaway that pointing out "lol you mean a vulnerability like this" to a low-watt troll attempt qualifies as reason to drag it kicking and screaming out of its last known whereabouts circa 2008.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?
You folks seen this Moto X^3 leak:

https://plus.google.com/+hellomotoHK/posts/PQfYPxLm3Br?utm_source=chrome_ntp_icon&utm_medium=chrome_app&utm_campaign=chrome

code:
- 3600+mAh battery
- 5.5" FHD display
- 21MP Main Camera, 5MP front Camera
- Dual SIM version available
- SIM + MicroSD Integration Card Slot
- Android 5.1.1
Battery alone makes me consider it, though he screen is larger than I'd like.

For me the things preventing me buying Motos previously have been:
Launching 6+ months later (in the UK) than the comparable Nexus (which I'd already bought).
Locked bootloader.
No wireless charging.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

wooger posted:

No wireless charging.

well gently caress that then

e: oh wait, misread that. Does it or not?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I was curious about the 1+2 but yeah that's a pretty disappointing incremental (decremental?) upgrade.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Skarsnik posted:

well gently caress that then

e: oh wait, misread that. Does it or not?

We'll find out for sure in a few hours. I'd never consider a phone without it.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I seriously want a 1+2 just for the dual SIM capability. Any other unlocked Android phones with similar capabilities and that feature? I know one of the Galaxies had it, but I can't think of anything else offhand.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

Sounds like you'd better ditch Android altogether, then!

I did this after using several Nexus phones and im very happy with muy Space Grey iPhone 5s 32gb

I did get one hundred and thirty British pounds for my Black LG Nexus 5 16gb on ebay though. 😅😅

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I did a factory reset of my Moto G and I was pleasantly surprised how smooth everything went. It auto-downloaded like all of my stuff and I only had to re-organise my apps etc. Didn't really expect that.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

beedeebee posted:

I did a factory reset of my Moto G and I was pleasantly surprised how smooth everything went. It auto-downloaded like all of my stuff and I only had to re-organise my apps etc. Didn't really expect that.

Is there any word on 5.1.1 for the first gen Moto G? The memory issues are really apparent on it, even after a factory restore.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

These are the newest Android phones in Korea, the LG Gentle and the Samsung Galaxy Folder:

Why are these a thing and hardware keyboards are not. :suicide:

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Thermopyle posted:

Prepare to be constantly frustrated that the app you want isn't available on Windows Phone.

Been tempted to pull my 1020 out of the box again just to try Win10 but yes, I know I wont be able to have apps I need. I loving hate cell phones. Have iOS: cant do poo poo, have android: buggy unsecure garbage, or go Windows, no apps!

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

codo27 posted:

Been tempted to pull my 1020 out of the box again just to try Win10 but yes, I know I wont be able to have apps I need. I loving hate cell phones. Have iOS: cant do poo poo, have android: buggy unsecure garbage, or go Windows, no apps!

What can't iOS do?

Vagrancy
Oct 15, 2005
Master of procrastination
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0N6cHJ-o4w

Moto event starts in ~8 minutes.

LastInLine posted:

Really only care about the possibility for the next-gen 360.

I think there's a good chance the 360 will skip the Motorola event completely and instead launch as the reference hardware alongside whatever major AW update is left for the year. The 1st gen being Google's initial reference hardware for the round watches + being the AW watch with the largest market share pretty much guarantees increased collaboration for the follow up, so it makes sense it would follow Google's schedule instead.

Cable
Dec 20, 2005

it'll come like a wind.
Is anyone else getting an error message in that Youtube stream saying that it's not available in your country? I'm in Germany and it'd be so dumb that it can't be seen here.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Is there any word on 5.1.1 for the first gen Moto G? The memory issues are really apparent on it, even after a factory restore.

Nope, those memory issues were the reason I did a factory reset. Hoped they would be fixed :negative:

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Nomophobia. No-mo? Get it?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

LastInLine posted:

What can't iOS do?
Can't make it look like Windows 95. Garbage for idiots, obvs.

Vagrancy
Oct 15, 2005
Master of procrastination

Cable posted:

Is anyone else getting an error message in that Youtube stream saying that it's not available in your country? I'm in Germany and it'd be so dumb that it can't be seen here.

Seems par on course for Germany/GEMA.

Try a liveblog: http://live.theverge.com/moto-x-liveblog-moto-g-xgx/

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Vagrancy posted:

Seems par on course for Germany/GEMA.

Try a liveblog: http://live.theverge.com/moto-x-liveblog-moto-g-xgx/

It's a cringe-fest, wow, it's awkward. Also a lot of S6 comparisons. I think Moto sees blood in the water for Samsung and really wants to snatch that market share.

Super-NintendoUser fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jul 28, 2015

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
They did announce a 5.5" 1080p phone with a 3630 mAH battery. So that's nice. Moto X Play is a snapdragon 615.

The Moto X is 5.7" qhd phone with a 3000 mah battery with the snapdragon 808

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

havenwaters posted:

They did announce a 5.5" 1080p phone with a 3630 mAH battery. So that's nice. Moto X Play is a snapdragon 615.

The Moto X is 5.7" qhd phone with a 3000 mah battery with the snapdragon 808

No wireless charging...ugh.

I'll probably wait until the Nexus is announced in the fall and then decide.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Interesting, the MotoG has the Nexus6 camera in it.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
No wireless charging, no USB-C. Boo.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Require More Fire posted:

No wireless charging, no USB-C. Boo.

Seriously. I've already invested heavily in wireless chargers, I'm not going to get rid of them all.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
All 3 of these phones look very interesting and potentially great. Can't wait for pricing and reviews. Bold camera statement: DXO Mark rates the new camera as better than the iPhone 6. We'll see!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

No wireless charging...ugh.

I'll probably wait until the Nexus is announced in the fall and then decide.

For sure no wireless charging on the new Moto X?