Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Still curious about whether they'll actually try to find someone with some name recognition who won't embarrass him (I have no idea who this could be) or whether he'll just fight some guy no one's heard of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

colonel_korn posted:

Still curious about whether they'll actually try to find someone with some name recognition who won't embarrass him (I have no idea who this could be) or whether he'll just fight some guy no one's heard of.

He'll fight the one guy that fits both categories at the same time, playa: Dan Quinn

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

colonel_korn posted:

This almost seems like an insurmountable problem to me. Theres no one at his level. There's no old, injured person with no experience.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

RZApublican posted:

He'll fight the one guy that fits both categories at the same time, playa: Dan Quinn

Diet Pepsi vs Coke Life

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
"If Dana white had any business sense" - goon

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Fushin posted:

He is training at a top level camp with top level athletes. What makes you think he will be below average when it's all said and done? And do you really think Dana won't give him a title shot one day regardless of how he does? Money talks.

most ufc guys have trained fighting for most of their lives. like a guy who's done muay thai and jiu jutsu for ten years will go 1-2 and get cut. forget the animals who become top level guys, cm punk wouldn't beat a single guy fighting in the ufc right now. they will specifically get an ultra lovely 0-0 45 year old dad who boxed for two weeks when he was 12 for him to fight.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Bundt Cake posted:

This almost seems like an insurmountable problem to me. Theres no one at his level. There's no old, injured person with no experience.

UFC Gym is a thing and I'm sure they can dig up some middle manager who trains once a week to take the fight.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.
Whoever said he gets a championship match because of money is insane.

That said, if he does well (which is a HUGE if), I can absolutely see him getting a crack at someone in the top 10 on a Fox card or as a bonus draw on a stacked show.

And he'll get murdered and become a commentator/analyst if he doesn't have permanent brain damage from it.

I'm actually really interested in that 30 for 30 they are putting together for his debut. That could potentially turn out to be really good.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

1st AD posted:

UFC Gym is a thing and I'm sure they can dig up some middle manager who trains once a week to take the fight.

Art Jimmerson makes his triumphant return to the octagon. Disturbingly plausible.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
They should make him fight that cop who beat up Kimbo

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Street Horrrsing posted:

Art Jimmerson makes his triumphant return to the octagon. Disturbingly plausible.

Can Joe Son take fights in prison?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I'm sorry about your brother Tom Hardy

Yeah, you said that last time. And my hot wife

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Street Horrrsing posted:

Scott Voss steps back into competition, having saved the Wilkinson High School music program he searches for his next completely fictional challenge!

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Luigi Thirty posted:

Can Joe Son take fights in prison?

He tried. His cell mate didn't fight back hard enough :twisted:

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Eat This Glob posted:

As everyone has mentioned, CM Punk is not fighting anyone who has a bunch of pro wins because no proper commission in the world (:laffo:) would sanction the fight, but for the sake of the pro wrestling posters, the people talking about him getting a title shot "because of the money" or whatever (joking or not), this is the current champion on the left:

This is his opponent after Lawler finished him

That's him spraying blood at the end of the round and stalking down an equally unemotional serial killer looking motherfucker. He's probably the last person in the UFC I'd want to be locked in a cage with (although they'd all kick my rear end, he's just a dude who is violence personified). I sure as poo poo don't want to see him fight Phil Brooks. Punk will fight a guy who's also making his UFC debut, or maybe has a fight in the promotion under his belt, imo.

Their faces are flat. :stonk:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Can CM Punk fight Herschel Walker?

Please?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Captain Log posted:

Can CM Punk fight Herschel Walker?

Please?

Bring back Greg "The Nudge" Nagy, Walker's first victim

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

LobsterMobster posted:

Bring back Greg "The Nudge" Nagy, Walker's first victim

I still think Herschel yelling, "C'mon! C'mon!" at ole' nudge was one of the more bad rear end things I've seen. Everything else about that fight was awful.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Seth Rollins KO (Muay Thai Knee, :35 Round 1) C.M. Punk.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

honestly I'm surprised they couldn't get another ancient WWE guy to join CM Punk, that way whoever wins we...the fans win.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

1st AD posted:

honestly I'm surprised they couldn't get another ancient WWE guy to join CM Punk, that way whoever wins we...the fans win.

THAT'S KANE'S MUSIC

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

looks like they're just working stiff and not actually shooting

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

omg chael crash posted:

Yeah, you said that last time. And my hot wife

Sounds likely as I am a big fan of the movie Warrior starring Tom Hardy, another man who could beat up CM Punk.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Diet Pepsi vs Coke Life

Phil Brooks, do you cotton to the Aspartame in Diet Pepsi, uh, that the evil rich don't want you to know about? Fact not fiction, if you don't want to go gay like lab mice then you better get on the JAJA Stevioside and validate the pure cure before I have to legally end your life in a cage and retire your family in style. What's it gonna be, homeboy?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Viper_3000 posted:

And he'll get murdered and become a commentator/analyst if he doesn't have permanent brain damage from it.

CM Punk could be a really good commentator, I like this potential outcome a lot

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Or he could be really bad, because he has 0 experience with commentating MMA, or performing MMA, or organized sports.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Or he could be really bad, because he has 0 experience with commentating MMA, or performing MMA, or organized sports.

Rogan had dick for experience and from what I can tell Punk is as much of a superfan as he was back in the day. Plus he did a decent run as a commentator in WWE when he had hip problems, so he already knows the ins and outs of how a broadcast is run. I'd put way more money on him making it as a commentator or broadcaster than as a fighter.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Viper_3000 posted:

Rogan had dick for experience and from what I can tell Punk is as much of a superfan as he was back in the day. Plus he did a decent run as a commentator in WWE when he had hip problems, so he already knows the ins and outs of how a broadcast is run. I'd put way more money on him making it as a commentator or broadcaster than as a fighter.

Joe Rogan is a BJJ black belt and won a TKD national championship do when he was young.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_nyuuuJjh0

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Viper_3000 posted:

Pretty much, although I'd put 0 money on him making it as a fighter even though I'm optimistic he could beat an actual bum.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

Viper_3000 posted:

Rogan had dick for experience

I mean, except for the years of taekwondo, judo, and jiu-jitsu yeah.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

1st AD posted:

Joe Rogan is a BJJ black belt and won a TKD national championship do when he was young.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_nyuuuJjh0

Rogan didn't even start training BJJ until 96 and took over color commentary in 2002. So roughly 6 years? Punk will have about half that by the time they tap him for commentary, and he's already well versed as a broadcaster, which Rogan wasn't.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Rogan was the host of Fear Factor, done a 5 year run on News Radio, and was an active standup comedian for quite a while.

And, you know, he actually did things in a sport unlike Punk.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
He was competing in taekwondo since he was in like high school, his credentials are so hilariously stacked compared to CM Punk's that this is laughable.

On one hand: Years of taekwondo, serious jiu-jitsu training, and some judo

On the other: Hangs out with a gracie, commentated fake wrestling

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Things that won't happen:

CM Punk becoming a UFC broadcaster

Things that will happen:

CM Punk becoming UFC president

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Bubba Smith posted:

Things that won't happen:

CM Punk becoming a UFC broadcaster

Things that will happen:

CM Punk becoming UFC president Raw General Manager

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Frank Mir vs CM Punk for the non-existent UFC commentator spot

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I guess I'm just stretching it too far thinking that a guy who went out and did live tv for years might succeed doing a different version of live tv. I'd certainly rather see him host the post fight shows than loving Jay Glazer.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Viper_3000 posted:

I guess I'm just stretching it too far thinking that a guy who went out and did live tv for years might succeed doing a different version of live tv. I'd certainly rather see him host the post fight shows than loving Jay Glazer.

Jay Glazer was a football commentator for years and also runs an MMA gym

Still more qualified than Punk

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Viper_3000 posted:

Rogan didn't even start training BJJ until 96 and took over color commentary in 2002. So roughly 6 years? Punk will have about half that by the time they tap him for commentary, and he's already well versed as a broadcaster, which Rogan wasn't.

Just because BJJ is the only thing Punk knows doesn't mean it's the only thing that exists

He's been doing taekwondo at a high level since he was a child and made the switch from doing that professionally to comedy because there wasn't a lot of money in it, not due to a lack of skill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Is CM Punk corn to the core? We need Goldie to tell us and if he is, he might be good enough to be a commentator.

• Locked thread