Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Die Laughing posted:

Posting on a comedy forum does not make you a comedian.

Fallout 4 is going to rule. Haters gonna drool. Because you're mental deficient, get it? Hurr hurr.

We get it, you're not a comedian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

2house2fly posted:

Can't wait to play the role playing game about a specific person with much less leeway.

If you haven't played any of the Witcher games I feel sad for you. Or the first two Mass Effects at least, before they totally disappeared up their own rear end in a top hat. Or really a bunch of games.

NotALizardman posted:

The difference being that the witcher games are written well compared to:

also it makes any mods that add dialogue a millions times more jarring and lovely

Sure, but that doesn't make it a bad thing. It *might* make it a bad thing for that game, but it might not. It certainly makes modding a bit harder, but if they say enough crap you can always edit it to vaguely work. Innately there's nothing wrong with a voiced protagonist. It's just one more tool for storytelling. If you think people are poo poo storytellers, it really doesn't matter *what* they do. They'll still be poo poo at the end of the day.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Father Wendigo posted:

Of course, if you choose to side with the bold future visions of The Institute, you'll come to know them as New Institute Genetically Generated Elementary Replicant Synthetic, otherwise known afffffff:suicide:

It spells NIGGERS, op - kind of unfortunate acronym, really.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Hulk Hogan cameo confirmed

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Magmarashi posted:

Fallout 4 should really be more like a Kurosawa film

Fallout 4 should be more like Van Buren. Canceled.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
Is anyone else really excited to play this game for days and days

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

AEMINAL posted:

I cannot wait to put in multiple hundred hours into this game.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

AEMINAL posted:

Yeah im gonna make my laser musket like a high powered battle rifle and pick off tribals with my dog. its gonna be sweet.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Szurumbur posted:

It spells NIGGERS, op - kind of unfortunate acronym, really.

Have to think this will be changed before the game is released.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

I'm going to build a house and explore a well detailed Bethesda world and put in hundreds of hours.

Still, it's fun to poo poo on things, so until the game comes out, that's what I'll be doing.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I, for one, am wondering if we'll finally be able to have mole rat tit mods with jiggle physics.

God dammit, Todd! You hear me?! We want our mole rat tits to jiggle like Jell-O, you shitlord! Do not deny us! We are loverslab!

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

AEMINAL posted:

Nope, after seeing the awesome footage and cool new features all my jaded heart said was "Bethesda is going to ruin my precious RPG experience and beloved Fallout series forever"

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Boogaleeboo posted:

If you haven't played any of the Witcher games I feel sad for you. Or the first two Mass Effects at least, before they totally disappeared up their own rear end in a top hat. Or really a bunch of games.

That's because the first two Witcher games are unbelievably poo poo

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
1 is the weakest, especially if you played before they patched the poo poo out of it, but it's still fun. 2 is a much better game, and 3 is pretty neat. Overall worth playing, although I'd say 1 is skippable at this point.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

Hulk Hogan cameo confirmed

According to a leaked copy of the Fallout 4 Official Guide (which is over 400 pages long) Kid Rock cameo confirmed:

The Dirt Rap superstar will be an exaggerated version of himself under the moniker "Bungstud", a hyperactive Ghoul wearing a pair of black leather pants, a bedazzled cowboy hat...and little else.

For the last three hundred years, Bungstud has dreamed of playing a show at Fenway Park. With the help of the player, he hopes to make that dream a reality--even if post-apocalyptic Fenway Park is currently occupied by "unsavory elements".

Will imbue the player with a perk simply called "Creed" which will reduce the intelligence of all nearby NPCs to 1 but will max out their aggression towards all other NPCs.

"Notable Quotes":
"You gotta be KIDDIN' me! That ROCKED!"
"I don't steal things--I'm rich."
"They call me 'Bungstud' cause I'm a stud..."
"I'll give you a hundred caps for every single Med-X you've got on you right now."
(An extended 4-minute version of Elvis Presley's Hard Headed Woman wherein the player will be unable to end the "conversation" until Bungstud is finished)

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Nevermind, I'm dumb.

LastGoodBoy fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jul 28, 2015

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

JackBadass posted:

When Todd Howard sleeps at night, spiders don't crawl into his mouth, they crawl out of it.

And the spiders know hundreds of the most common names and will address you by your name.

I will murder Todd Howard with a chainsaw, and I will not clip through him, as real life isn't programmed as poorly as his games.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

JackBadass posted:

What, Mass Effect? 1 is the best story wise, 2 is the best game play wise, and 3 is garbage.

The Witcher. Mass Effect is the opposite. 1 is the best, 2 improves on the action but shits on the story, and 3 is a hot mess.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Boogaleeboo posted:

The Witcher. Mass Effect is the opposite. 1 is the best, 2 improves on the action but shits on the story, and 3 is a hot mess.

Yeah, I noticed what you were talking about a couple seconds ago. I'm really not on my game tonight.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

ME 3 had the coolest guns and that's what really matters

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

frajaq posted:

3's multiplayer was downright amazing.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

frajaq posted:

TontoCorazon posted:

I wouldn't know because I couldn't get over the terrible everything else.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

JackBadass posted:

I wouldn't know because I couldn't get over the terrible everything else.

It was incredibly well made and very fun. It was magnitudes better than the single player. I hope they don't gently caress it up for the next mass effect.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006
you feed the girls to other girls

:stare:
What's the timeline look like on mirelurk tits and high res dongs with physics?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
January.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
So what's all this about the building crafting system that's supposed to be like minecraft?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Witcher 3's guide was 528 pages, I hope this means they are on the same level in amount of content.

edit: Then again, these are the page numbers of other Bethesda games (Original, non-GOTY versions):

Oblivion - 368 pages
Fallout 3 - 464 pages
Skyrim - 656 pages

And just for comparison, New Vegas - 448 pages

ymgve fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Jul 28, 2015

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Psychotic Weasel posted:

How about we distract ourselves with the fact that autistic gamers the world over have somehow managed to outstrip some Chinese factory's ability to mass produce cheap plastic crap for impulsive man-children.

What... but that... how is that possible?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The Lone Badger posted:

:ssh: It's not they are deliberately creating artificial scarcity to hype the game. You really think a Chinese factory would turn down an order? It's the loving land of sub-contractors.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

What was the "Good Fight" actually about? Three Dog occasionally gives survival tips like don't surrender to Raiders and be nice to ghouls but up until halfway through the story most people thought the Enclave Radio was some old looping broadcast so its not like it was an ideological thing to counter state propaganda.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

TontoCorazon posted:

This is an interesting parallel to Fallout 4 in a way; Mass Effect 3 had a great multiplayer mode but the single player story was bad. As the thing I enjoyed about the Mass Effect series was a solid story and fun space opera lore and all that, and I wasn't really looking to the series for a great co-op multiplayer experience, I was disappointed in the game.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

Because the factory that produces these things probably has other stuff to do.
Basically how stuff like this works is that Bethesda ordered X amount of Pip-Boys. The factory made an assembly line to produce them and figures it can produce the desired number in Y amount of time. So they're going to run the assembly line over that period of time. After which that assembly line is dumped and the people, space & other resources will be used for another assembly line, to produce another lovely product for another customer. And there's no way Bethesda could convince the factory move from its schedule.

Bethesda can always order more of the things, but why would they? It would cost them more money and this creates more hype for the game.

Edit:

Pwnstar posted:

What was the "Good Fight" actually about? Three Dog occasionally gives survival tips like don't surrender to Raiders and be nice to ghouls but up until halfway through the story most people thought the Enclave Radio was some old looping broadcast so its not like it was an ideological thing to counter state propaganda.
Three Dog thinks he's helping people fight back against Raiders, Super-Mutants & Slavers with his lovely radio show.

"The Good Fight? What's that all about?"
"Imagine a picture, okay? A picture of the Capital Wasteland. All that brick and rock. A whole lot of nothing, right?
There's people out there trying to just barely make it by from day to day. Fighting to stay alive and make something of what they got.
But then you've got all kinds of poo poo... Slavers, Super Mutants, Raiders... They all want a slice of the pie too and aim to take it by force."
"So, people fight back."
"They can't, not against those kinds of enemies. They just run away and hide or they stay and die. It just ain't right.
So that's where I enter the picture. I fight the Good Fight with GNR as my gun.
The sound of truth goes out across the Capital Wasteland. Hell, someone's got to counter that bullshit on the Enclave station."

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Jul 28, 2015

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Three Dog is basically a more powerless version of Rush Limbaugh who completely believes his own self created image as the only one giving people the hope to go on as they are too powerless to defend themselves without him drooling all over the Brotherhood of Steel. If he's coming back in 4, I expect him to be the John Henry Eden talking up Brotherhood support like its the best thing in the world when they show up, but he's likely going to be unquestionably good because reasons.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Raygereio posted:

Three Dog thinks he's helping people fight back against Raiders, Super-Mutants & Slavers with his lovely radio show.

"The Good Fight? What's that all about?"
"Imagine a picture, okay? A picture of the Capital Wasteland. All that brick and rock. A whole lot of nothing, right?
There's people out there trying to just barely make it by from day to day. Fighting to stay alive and make something of what they got.
But then you've got all kinds of poo poo... Slavers, Super Mutants, Raiders... They all want a slice of the pie too and aim to take it by force."
"So, people fight back."
"They can't, not against those kinds of enemies. They just run away and hide or they stay and die. It just ain't right.
So that's where I enter the picture. I fight the Good Fight with GNR as my gun.
The sound of truth goes out across the Capital Wasteland. Hell, someone's got to counter that bullshit on the Enclave station."
Huh. So he fights the Good Fight with his voice, on Galaxy News Radio.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

I like Bethesda games because they are not really RPGs but god-simulators. So each game you start out as a minorly inconvenienced god and go reclaim your poo poo and alter the world based on your whims.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

The only game that is a true RPG is Two Worlds 2.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

JackBadass posted:

Still, it's fun to poo poo on things, so until the game comes out, that's what I'll be doing.

Well you have fun doing that, I'll be having fun replaying Fallout 3 + New Vegas with Tale of Two Wastelands and dipping into Skyrim every now and then to get a taste of the new Bethesda engine that'll be (presumably) used for Fallout 4.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Is Fallout 4 the worst game ever made yet?

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Only when Obsidian's Fallout spinoff comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

stop.

• Locked thread