Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars
I'm looking to pick up a Tier 7/8 credit grinding tank - the catch is I get really loving bored of slower vehicles like TDs and HTs so I'd prefer a medium. So which of the premium mediums would make effective credit grinders? I've heard the super pershing is fried garbage but the rest aren't really mentioned in the paste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

The FCM 50t and AMX CDC are both pretty cool mediums.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
FCM is a fast heavy tank.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

Truck Stop Daddy fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Jul 27, 2015

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Cardiac posted:

So the UK version of the Lee, the Grant wasn't a horrible grind, although hardly a keeper.
But then again it is tier4, where you can sealclub by being a merely competent player.
I ran it with the 6pdr for the higher pen and a 1.92 s reload, which allows you to just melt tanks if you can focus them.

The 6pdr at Tier IV is stupid amounts of good despite the lower alpha. Even tougher targets are easy to whittle down if you can keep them at a distance.

frood
Aug 26, 2000
Nevermind.

Bort Bortles posted:

:stonk:
We lost like 3-15

Ugh, fix your XVM preferences so it's showing WN8 (or WN7 or WN6 if you're Hellsau, I can't even remember which one he thinks is good) instead of Wargaming's useless ratings. Go to the XVM website, log in, click settings.

Also, that looks like my team in 70% of the matches I load into, with maybe a bit fewer reds.

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012
I like WGs rating system because it rates low game count rerolls as terrible pubbies.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

frood posted:

Ugh, fix your XVM preferences so it's showing WN8 (or WN7 or WN6 if you're Hellsau, I can't even remember which one he thinks is good) instead of Wargaming's useless ratings. Go to the XVM website, log in, click settings.

Also, that looks like my team in 70% of the matches I load into, with maybe a bit fewer reds.
I was trying to figure out how to change that - I have to do it on the XVM website and not through the mod itself?

Its funny because I have been trying to figure out what all of those numbers do, and preferable remove some of those columns so they take up less of my screen.
edit: yeah I dont give a poo poo about or understand (or both) the first, third, fifth, or seventh columns and could probably replace them with just a win8 column.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jul 27, 2015

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

Bort Bortles posted:

I was trying to figure out how to change that - I have to do it on the XVM website and not through the mod itself?

Its funny because I have been trying to figure out what all of those numbers do, and preferable remove some of those columns so they take up less of my screen.
edit: yeah I dont give a poo poo about or understand (or both) the first, third, fifth, or seventh columns and could probably replace them with just a win8 column.

changing wg's performance rating to wn8 is done on the xvm website under settings; changing the layout of stats i.e. removing per tank stats is done through the xvm setup in your modpack

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

The Unlife Aquatic posted:

I've heard the super pershing is fried garbage.

Untrue. It's easy mode. But, if you can't enjoy driving a slow tank it's not for you...once you have to go up a hill, you're pretty much able to triple tap R and then go wash the dishes or something.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

JohnGalt posted:

I like WGs rating system because it rates low game count rerolls as terrible pubbies.

This is one of its main benefits. It's also really hard to make a reliable overall metric given the data that is available via the wargaming api. The people working on WN9 on wotlabs are seriously considering dropping the attempt to make an overall metric and only use WN9 as a recent stat, in which case personal rating would become the default overall rating.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
The correct approach to WN ratings; who the gently caress cares. Unless you are into CW or something then whatevs.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Bort Bortles posted:

Here's a link to the XVM stuff from my modpack. It's a pretty decent config, and I removed removed the Sixth Sense stuff so you can put in your own. Let me know if this breaks anything and I'll fix it when I get home.

Screenshots of what it looks like in game:

Also, if you want to get back into NDP to avoid those annoying scrub clan recruiters, both Rossmum and I can let you back in.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

frood posted:

I just went to 'settings' and found a flag setting, along with choice of country.

I know I'll find out the answer to my next question once I can log back in and play a match, but I need to know sooner whether other players will actually see my name with an israeli flag next to it.

I must know now.

Tell me such a beautiful thing can be possible.

/edit:

Oh my loving god, it's beautiful. :stare:

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jul 27, 2015

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.
I had a CDC hull down rape me yesterday. It looked liked his shots were coming from below the crest of the hill and I had no shots on him. French tanks either have all the depression or none of it.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

Bort Bortles posted:

Left to right: Average tier in garage (rounded up I believe), total battles, rating, overall win rate; battles in tank, win rate in tank, damage ratio in tank.

It's this last one that lets you know that your two platooned arties, with damage ratios of 1.9 and 2.4 in their arties (low HP, huge alpha), are really bad at playing those tanks.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Welcome to WoT: Where the difference between Downs and Autism is WN8~~!

Always gets someone statmad, to which I reply "I'm sorry I didn't address your fetal alcohol syndrome"

(I am firmly in lead paint chip territory)

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Missing Name posted:

Welcome to WoT: Where the difference between Downs and Autism is WN8~~!

Always gets someone statmad, to which I reply "I'm sorry I didn't address your fetal alcohol syndrome"

(I am firmly in lead paint chip territory)

Dr. B-Money, you are truly an artist.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So after losing 3 games in a row in my Patton 3 yesterday I decided to check its stats.

One of my favorite tanks is a cursed one. I can never seal the deal in it :smith:.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I've casually completed some of these campaign missions for the Shtug (you see, it is a witty portmaneau of 'poo poo' and 'Stug IV', for, the Stug IV is poo poo as I've been assured) and was too ignorant to notice that there's also a set of missions for SPGs. Do I need to buy back my, uh...whatever that SPG after the Hummel is, or can I gimmick-do these missions in my FV304?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

McGavin posted:

Here's a link to the XVM stuff from my modpack. It's a pretty decent config, and I removed removed the Sixth Sense stuff so you can put in your own. Let me know if this breaks anything and I'll fix it when I get home.

Screenshots of what it looks like in game:

Also, if you want to get back into NDP to avoid those annoying scrub clan recruiters, both Rossmum and I can let you back in.
I've been using Aslain's modpack since it is what a friend linked me to and it works well enough - any idea how using yours will interact? And thank you :)

I dont care about the clan invites; I am amused by them and I think I will end up trying to join a goon friendly clan (only one I know of is PBCAK or whatever, though).

srb posted:

Left to right: Average tier in garage (rounded up I believe), total battles, rating, overall win rate; battles in tank, win rate in tank, damage ratio in tank.

It's this last one that lets you know that your two platooned arties, with damage ratios of 1.9 and 2.4 in their arties (low HP, huge alpha), are really bad at playing those tanks.
I had a feeling about some of them - thank you for clarifying all of it. I could definitely cut that down some, especially because the info bars stick out so far they cover up my hitlog.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I've casually completed some of these campaign missions for the Shtug (you see, it is a witty portmaneau of 'poo poo' and 'Stug IV', for, the Stug IV is poo poo as I've been assured) and was too ignorant to notice that there's also a set of missions for SPGs. Do I need to buy back my, uh...whatever that SPG after the Hummel is, or can I gimmick-do these missions in my FV304?
You don't necessarily have to do the SPG missions at all to get the StuG IV. You'll get it as long as you complete the last mission in all other categories "with honors", i.e. with the secondary objective also fulfilled.
And yes, just the last missions, 1-14 don't matter.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Nordick posted:

You don't necessarily have to do the SPG missions at all to get the StuG IV. You'll get it as long as you complete the last mission in all other categories "with honors", i.e. with the secondary objective also fulfilled.

Wait, I can skip literally every single SPG mission and all I need to do is ace the final three missions of the other ones?

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Duzzy Funlop posted:

fwiw, I did all of my SPG missions for the Stuguu~ in my S-51 of all loving things... With honors.

E: yes

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Nordick posted:

The LT missions have been a complete pain in the rear end for me. A lot of them are just too team dependent. I rebought my Luchs to try and make it go a little easier. The SPG ones are actually pretty easy since they reworked the missions. Actually finished the first batch last night with my M12. Now I just gotta either ace SPG-15 or start on the last half of the LT missions for my Stug.

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jul 27, 2015

srb
Jul 24, 2007

RanKizama posted:

The LT missions have been a complete pain in the rear end for me. A lot of them are just too team dependent. I rebought my Luchs to try and make it go a little easier. The SPG ones are actually pretty easy since they reworked the missions. Actually finished the first batch last night with my M12. Now I just gotta either ace SPG-15 or start on the last half of the LT missions for my Stug.

They fixed so the LT-15 missions are both spotting and own damage.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

srb posted:

They fixed so the LT-15 missions are both spotting and own damage.
Not on 15 yet. Still gotta do a lot of bullshit spotting in the meantime.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Yeah, LT-15 can still be a bitch when you keep getting the usual kind of teams that just refuse to shoot at spotted things. I finally aced it with quite a margin in one magical RU251 game in Murovanka where I got like 5k assist damage and almost 2k direct damage, and the goal is 4k combined. :v:

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Wait, I can skip literally every single SPG mission and all I need to do is ace the final three missions of the other ones?
Not the last three, just the last ones. In other words, as long as you complete LT-15, MT-15, HT-15 and TD-15 with honors, you don't have to touch the SPG missions at all to get the reward tank.

I still did a few of them with my 304 just for kicks and credits.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Bort Bortles posted:

I've been using Aslain's modpack since it is what a friend linked me to and it works well enough - any idea how using yours will interact? And thank you :)

If I've done everything correctly it should just replace the XVM stuff while leaving all your other mods untouched. I haven't tested it yet, so you should make a backup copy of your res_mods folder to restore if something breaks.

Nordick posted:

Yeah, LT-15 can still be a bitch when you keep getting the usual kind of teams that just refuse to shoot at spotted things. I finally aced it with quite a margin in one magical RU251 game in Murovanka where I got like 5k assist damage and almost 2k direct damage, and the goal is 4k combined. :v:

I eventually gave up trying to spot things for my retard teammates to refuse to shoot and did the first LT-15 by doing 3.7k direct damage in a 13-90. I used a poo poo-ton of gold though, and I still couldn't get the win.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

McGavin posted:

I eventually gave up trying to spot things for my retard teammates to refuse to shoot and did the first LT-15 by doing 3.7k direct damage in a 13-90. I used a poo poo-ton of gold though, and I still couldn't get the win.

I had a 3.5k WN8 35% WR and lost about 800k yesterday trying to do the stupid LT-15 for the Stug. 3 3,600 combined games in a row with the 13 90. Still haven't finished it. I am 20% of the way towards the Lorraine though (amx 30 is already unlocked.)

srb
Jul 24, 2007
Just keep at it, and remember that sometimes you should hold your shot to reap the spotting rewards. At least you don't have to actively sabotage your own team anymore and hold all your shots.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

MY BACK

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I am debating whether or not to spend the 15$ for the A45 I unlocked yesterday. I mean there is no doubt it's a poo poo tank but on the other hand "gotta catch em all". No way in hell would I try to get it for free, your a certified loon if you try that.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If you have the money go for it, it's probably better for your health than two large combo meals at the fast food place of your choice.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Nordick posted:

Not the last three, just the last ones. In other words, as long as you complete LT-15, MT-15, HT-15 and TD-15 with honors, you don't have to touch the SPG missions at all to get the reward tank.

Yeah, I meant to say the final missions of the other three mission lines, worded that a bit dumb.

I've been taking out my FV304 for a spin to snag a few credits on the SPG missions as well and japanese Tigers are currently my favorite thing to shoot at. Their drivers are just that much dumber than regular pubbie Tiger drivers, it seems.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Axetrain posted:

I am debating whether or not to spend the 15$ for the A45 I unlocked yesterday. I mean there is no doubt it's a poo poo tank but on the other hand "gotta catch em all". No way in hell would I try to get it for free, your a certified loon if you try that.

Do you earn more than 1 USD/hour?
If so, the choice is pretty easy.

That is if you want that piece of poo poo tank of course.

Zanziabar
Oct 31, 2010
Hey goons, when is the next big sale happening? I want to throw away more money on this game but I want to do it cost effectively.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Zanziabar posted:

Hey goons, when is the next big sale happening? I want to throw away more money on this game but I want to do it cost effectively.

http://www.kinguin.net/category/10948/world-of-tanks-1250-gold-8-8-cm-pak-43-jagdtiger-tank-7-days-premium-bonus-code/

This is still a thing. The codes are currently in the low-mid $20 range (they're worth $50) so you get double your money's worth in gold & some premium time. I've purchased from them before, they're legit.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Atomizer posted:

http://www.kinguin.net/category/10948/world-of-tanks-1250-gold-8-8-cm-pak-43-jagdtiger-tank-7-days-premium-bonus-code/

This is still a thing. The codes are currently in the low-mid $20 range (they're worth $50) so you get double your money's worth in gold & some premium time. I've purchased from them before, they're legit.

These work on the NA server?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

unlawfulsoup posted:

These work on the NA server?

As long as it has the worldwide tag it does. You can use up to 4 on each account. I've done it for 4 on mine already.