Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Hopefully staying up until 4:30 in the morning is worth the Pre-Sequel speedrun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Why did Elizabeth look like a thalidomide baby, exactly? Was that part of the plot or...?

That's a combination of the Art Direction giving it Real Aesthetics and horribly shaving off every poly they could to fit onto the late-gen PS3/360

also because Ken Levine likes his daughters wives daughters fan service like he likes his stories; impossible and highly fantasized to the point of creepiness

BlondRobin fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Jul 28, 2015

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

"we have to stop comstock from existing, so we're going to kill you" "wouldn't you just be killing me in this one universe where you show me all these doors, and not the other universes where you don't kill me" "uhhh hmmm"

Like for some reason the story got confused and thought to solve the problem with time travel would be good enough

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Quest For Glory II posted:

"we have to stop comstock from existing, so we're going to kill you" "wouldn't you just be killing me in this one universe where you show me all these doors, and not the other universes where you don't kill me" "uhhh hmmm"

Like for some reason the story got confused and thought to solve the problem with time travel

no, see, all worlds split off from one Real world, therefore you just have to kill people in the Real world before the split and all things that split off also die.

we have quantum physics but come on we're not imbeciles

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

BlondRobin posted:

no, see, all worlds split off from one Real world, therefore you just have to kill people in the Real world before the split and all things that split off also die.

we have quantum physics but come on we're not imbeciles
But they get to that point via booker and elizabeth having door adventures, so there has to also be a universe where they have door adventures and they actually go to Paris instead or whatever

Also maybe there's an alternate universe where booker breaks his leg as a kid and can't fight in a war or something. or a universe where he is an accountant

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Like for some reason the story got confused and thought to solve the problem with time travel would be good enough

The DLC even shows that killing Booker did nothing and that there are still Comstocks running around in other universes.

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?
I haven't had the chance to play the re-sequel this should be good.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

But they get to that point via booker and elizabeth having door adventures, so there has to also be a universe where they have door adventures and they actually go to Paris instead or whatever

nope, Booker died in the Real World so he no longer exists anywhere after that baptism.

Which means Anna Dewitt doesn't exist either! whoops.

probably would've been good if they'd established their idiot prime reality theory beforehand, huh?

Gruckles posted:

The DLC even shows that killing Booker did nothing and that there are still Comstocks running around in other universes.

oh never mind then they're just idiots

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

BlondRobin posted:

oh never mind then they're just idiots
Burial at Sea is loving magically bad

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
does burial at sea at least have the quantum couple? they were kind of cool

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Burial at Sea is loving magically bad

After playing the base game which I thankfully got nominally free via PSN+ I realized I never wanted to play the DLC.

Everything I've heard about it reinforces that decision, and I hadn't even heard the part where they reversed the base precept of their own ending, just the horrible creep stuff.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Hrvstmn31 posted:

I haven't had the chance to play the re-sequel this should be good.
It's Borderlands so of course it's amazing and fun, but I still prefer 2. Pre-Sequel didn't suck me in like 2 did.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Bad games block still not over huh? Rip

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

NotALizardman posted:

Bad games block still not over huh? Rip
:catstare:

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

Gotta love that audio log.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Hrvstmn31 posted:

Gotta love that audio log.
When I go to sleep all I will hear is "Claptrap, start boot-up sequence." I welcome this.

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

I'm not sure what's worse; listening to the ~wacky mascot~ try to complete this stupid audio log every twenty seconds and get interrupted, or listening to the entire rest of Borderlands.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Heatwizard posted:

I'm not sure what's worse; listening to the ~wacky mascot~ try to complete this stupid audio log every twenty seconds and get interrupted, or listening to the entire rest of Borderlands.

ur posting

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

boredlands

Bear Sleuth
Jul 17, 2011

Why do they even have people on the couch if they don't contribute to the commentary?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Bear Sleuth posted:

Why do they even have people on the couch if they don't contribute to the commentary?

Because it's early in the AM and it's a couch in a sea of conference chairs?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

yep, same old buggy game i know and love

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

That crash was more exciting than the last 2 hours.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

there's a reason they call it blands

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

this boss fight is gonna be a long haul. strap in

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
of course this is borderlands so the final boss has to be the bullet-spongiest possible enemy in FPS history :ughh:

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

I remember the first BL being somewhat decent, how did it end up like this

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
Next up is a Cool and Good game

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Oh cool, I actually wanted to see Lovely Planet.

Also lol at the dude rolling down the aisle at 6am in an otherwise empty hall.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
Music owns

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Lovely Planet has an amazing soundtrack.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
I guess this lovely planet game couldn't afford more than two sound effects, I love the night vision goggle sound effect every 30 seconds.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

gently caress you this game is great

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
It looks like a great addition to minecraft

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

So is Lovely Planet some kids' game or what? idgi

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax

Merijn posted:

So is Lovely Planet some kids' game or what? idgi

It's somebody buying a cheap unity asset, using easter egg colors and flipping it on the video game marketplace

AccountingNightmare
Oct 2, 2006

NOT ENOUGH RED ORBS ARGH
Holy poo poo that Lovely Planet run was amazing. :stare:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

You can ignore MVP, he's a pretty bad GDQ shitposter

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

Oh man I left for a minute and it's freaking digimon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
the digimon poop...

what the gently caress

• Locked thread