Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Soulex posted:

Nope, there is nothing damming about this. The name, not popular but I'm sure exists loads in the world, is dissociated with any health conditions, wear abouts, need for care, current ailments, city, state, country, location and identity of said workplace as well anything that would identify our poster with a cursory glance.

Hipaa applies when the identity is known and all that poo poo. You can't show someone at a hospital without their permission because of hipaa. A name, to an anonymous location, is not damming. I've had to deal with hipaa and poo poo whilst filming and stuff, so I have a general basis of what does and doesn't count.

Uh I was the HIPAA compliance officer for a reasonably sized mental health organization and unless this has changed in the last three years then this is bullshit. I mean yeah, people probably aren't going to track this poo poo down but if anyone involved caught wind of this (patient, employer, the OCR) and actually gave a drat then it could definitely be a bad situation.

In my experience though, no one gives a poo poo anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

CeramicPig posted:

Transported this patient today. Might want to check that rig extra through at the end of the shift...

Might want to edit this out, buddy.

It's not anonymous at all, since you put that you're from chicago in your user profile.

Somebody has a new favorite as of 11:30 on Aug 4, 2015

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

kizudarake posted:

Might want to edit this out, buddy.

It's not anonymous at all, since you put that you're from chicago in your user profile.

They might want to edit out the thing you quoted in your post, preventing them from erasing it altogether?

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Hydrolith posted:

They might want to edit out the thing you quoted in your post, preventing them from erasing it altogether?

Yup. There's assholes on the Internet, don't you know?

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008
people want to grandstand and tell the man what to do, but on the other hand, want to see him caught to prove they were right.

its a complex situation.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
no poo poo, Sherlock

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
You fools. Ceramicpig is already dead. This is just an example of his cruel whimsy.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Jibo posted:

Uh I was the HIPAA compliance officer for a reasonably sized mental health organization and unless this has changed in the last three years then this is bullshit. I mean yeah, people probably aren't going to track this poo poo down but if anyone involved caught wind of this (patient, employer, the OCR) and actually gave a drat then it could definitely be a bad situation.

In my experience though, no one gives a poo poo anyway.

Obviously yes, but as I said, at a cursory glance, no one is gonna care. Unless they recognize the software or whatever. Or are weird goons and checked out his profile or something.

I'm just saying, if it showed the clinic or what have you, it would be a much bigger deal then these guys are making it out to be. As of now, it's a screen cap that's pretty pedestrian without investigation.

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

Soulex posted:

Obviously yes, but as I said, at a cursory glance, no one is gonna care. Unless they recognize the software or whatever. Or are weird goons and checked out his profile or something.

I'm just saying, if it showed the clinic or what have you, it would be a much bigger deal then these guys are making it out to be. As of now, it's a screen cap that's pretty pedestrian without investigation.

Worse than that, it's not even funny.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

LookieLoo posted:

Worse than that, it's not even funny.

Fun fact about this picture. The guy who penciled this page drew Batman with his eyes closed in the second panel, and it looked actually kind of okay. When they colored it, they turned the folds of his eyelids into open eyes.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

amityville anus posted:

no poo poo, Sherlock

:golfclap:

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Soulex posted:

On the awful app on iPhone, clicking to the profile is the only way to see a poster's avatar. I figured anyone dumb enough to get a picture from an ambulance screen showing the patient's name and time they were treated would have red text.

Nope. They just narrowed themselves down to a comparatively small location.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

BonHair posted:

Stage 3 - doesn't climax.

If only his dad hit stage 3.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
Stage 4 I assume is where they start spelling it "athiest" again?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

wayfinder posted:

Stage 4 I assume is where they start spelling it "athiest" again?

Yes Stage 4 you become the Athiest.
Stage 5: Aphoria.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

How athy can one get?

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

How beefy can one get?

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

de la peche posted:

How beefy can one get?

REAL beefy

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Duckbutt

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Dr Christmas posted:

Fun fact about this picture. The guy who penciled this page drew Batman with his eyes closed in the second panel, and it looked actually kind of okay. When they colored it, they turned the folds of his eyelids into open eyes.

They also fixed it for the trade paperback I believe. They were under some serious time constraints on this because this was the tie-in comic to the surprisingly good "Injustice" fighting game from a couple years ago.

PaulBearer
Jul 23, 2013

Where did his nose go? Why is his forehead so huge? Is this anime Batman?

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Soulex posted:

Wouldn't be the first time a goon doxxed someone and got them into trouble in their personal life.

Goons are dicks, is what I'm saying.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Smelly posted:

Wouldn't be the first time a goon doxxed someone and got them into trouble in their personal life.

Goons are dicks, is what I'm saying.

You are Smelly

:colbert:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

PaulBearer posted:

Why does he only have five teeth in his upper jaw? Why are they all molars?

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Dr Christmas posted:

Can someone photoshop the eyes out?

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

Can someone photoshop the eyes out?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

RandomFerret posted:

Why does he only have five teeth in his upper jaw? Why are they all molars?

Batman is also Shane McGowan in his spare time.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

The original artist went back and recolored/inked the issue and it all looks fine. The teeth are similarly hosed up by confusing between the the gums/lips/teeth.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/06/06/changing-the-art-on-injustice-gods-among-us/

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Goober Peas posted:

You are Smelly

:colbert:

:smith:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Batman is also Shane McGowan in his spare time.

To be fair, Shane's kind of got superpowers on his own. How that man hasn't died yet is beyond me, he almost puts Keith Richards to shame.

He could put evildoers to sleep with a gentle, gravelly-voiced Irish lullaby :3:. Course, he'd probably stop for ten pints on the way to put them in jail, they'd wake up and escape, and the cycle would begin anew.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

PaulBearer posted:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I keep seeing Gary Numan.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

It's ok. Not everyone can noun adverbs.

:glomp:

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

My Lovely Horse posted:

I keep seeing Gary Numan.

Not Gary Busey?

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

I found a new kind of cat food supplement today, I wasn't aware that cats could have a deficiency in this.

It's organic!

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Christo posted:

Not Gary Busey?

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Attack on Titan has gotten really weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Duckburg received a grim reminder that day

• Locked thread