Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Ineffiable posted:

I got a nexus 7. I see some android comic apps in the first (and second) post.

Do people still like those or are there some good recent apps? (will need one for cbz and car for sure.)

Komik, Comics Reader, and Astonishing Comic Reader were the most highly rated when I updated those posts not that long ago. I guess I missed Perfect Viewer, which also gets mentioned. I would just install those and see which works best for you*. Each have pros and cons. I see a couple of new apps in the store, but there's not a whole lot of options out there.

*I'd give a more critical answer, but I'm using an aging Nook HD+ which doesn't like to run a lot of things.

zoux posted:

I have the first five trades of Locke and Key for Kindle on iOS, do y'all know if it's possible to migrate those files to the Comixology app? I assume the answer is no but I thought I'd give it a shot.

HAHAHA, no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I use ComicRack on my tablet, it's expensive at like $8 but combined with the free PC version it let's me scrape metadata off Comic Vine and then Wi-Fi sync comics from my PC to my tablet.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Today only, Thunderbolts sale.
https://www.comixology.com/Thunderbolts-Sale/page/7442

ZRM
Nov 25, 2007

Ineffiable posted:

I got a nexus 7. I see some android comic apps in the first (and second) post.

Do people still like those or are there some good recent apps? (will need one for cbz and car for sure.)

I still prefer Comicat for my on-device comic book reading. I've used it since my original Kindle Fire, and it's kept working for me.

Perfectview is too complicated, and I've never been a fan of comicrack, on pc or Android. I will have to try out a few others that have recently been mentioned in this thread though, see if they work better.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Oh, wow, Amulet is 77% off!
https://www.comixology.com/comics-sale?list_id=7458&lang=
I only read the first volume (it's very much written for kids in the same vein as Bone), but I think I'm going to pick up all three volumes for $9.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
For whatever reason I simply cannot get Usagi Yojimbo vol 26 to work on my tablet. I bought it on the Darkhorse app along with like 20 other books and this is the only one that gives me issues.

When I open it I get the first few pages fine, and then what I expect is the forward is pure black for two pages, then one page works, then pure black for 15 pages, then nothing else. The app acts like it's actually doing something but there's nothing to see. I've tried archiving the book a few times, wiped all the data I had on the Darkhorse app, the works. Every time it's the exact same problem. Bleh.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
No DC sale this week? :(

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Bombshells is off to a good start, digital slices for now leading to print issues later.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

No DC sale this week? :(

Was hoping we'd get a Starman sale three years after the previous one.

Every week I check...

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Space Fish posted:

Bombshells is off to a good start, digital slices for now leading to print issues later.

I did like them going the fake-out route with Maggie's whole "Grr, we'll catch that mysterious vigilante" routine, then like 2 pages later we cut to her and Kate at home talking about how she did a good job beating up the muggers.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Just curious, what noteworthy dc sales happened this year?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

Just curious, what noteworthy dc sales happened this year?

They had a huge event sale a couple of weeks ago where all their event trades were half off.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The newest Humble Bundle is music-themed books, and some of them are comics, so, you know... Here are the comics involved, without any of those boring words:

Pay Whatever:
This Is A Souvenir: The Songs Of Spearmint & Shirley Lee (Various Writers & Artists)
The Wicked + The Divine Vol. 1 (Kieron Gillen, Jamie McKelvie)
Black Metal Vol. 1 (Rick Spears, Chuck BB)

Beat the Average:
Scott Pilgrim Vol. 3 - Color Version (Bryan Lee O'Malley)
Phonogram Vol. 1 (Kieron Gillen, Jamie McKelvie)
Comic Book Tattoo Tales Inspired by Tori Amos (Various Writers & Artists)
Nowhere Men Vol. 1 (Eric Stephenson, Nate Bellegarde)

Pay $15:
The Fifth Beatle (Vivek Tiwary)
Hip Hop Family Tree Vol. 1 (Ed Piskor)

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

zoux posted:

They had a huge event sale a couple of weeks ago where all their event trades were half off.

Yeah I wish I had bought more stuff from this.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

The Kins posted:

The newest Humble Bundle is music-themed books, and some of them are comics, so, you know... Here are the comics involved, without any of those boring words:

There's nothing specific that I want, but a lot of things I'd be interested in giving a shot.

Why volume 3 of Scott Pilgrim?

Uthor fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jul 29, 2015

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Uthor posted:

There's nothing specific that I want, but a lot of things I'd be interested in giving a shot.

Why volume 3 of Scott Pilgrim?

That is the one we're he fights the twins during that band thing, I think.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

That is the one we're he fights the twins during that band thing, I think.

It's not like any of the other volumes of SP feature music and bands!

It just seems weird to have a book from the middle of the series. Were volumes 1 and 2 in previous sales?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Universe! #3 is out. Pay what you want. It's being put out on Panel Syndicate (eg, Private Eye). #1 was great. I thought #2 was good, just not up to the same heights.

http://panelsyndicate.com/previews/universe003

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Bunch of Deadpool vs. comics on sale. You can get Hawkeye vs Deadpool for $5.
https://m.comixology.com/Hawkeye-vs-Deadpool-Sale/page/7612

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/Spawn-Sale/page/7603?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL3NtYWxsQ2Fyb3VzZWw

https://www.comixology.com/Basil-Victoria-Sale/page/7602?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Is there anything here worth any interest? Or is this stuff as bad as its punch-line reputation? Didn't Bendis write some of this?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I like 8, 9, 10, & 11 written by Alan Moore, Neil Gaiman, Dave Sim, and Frank Miller.

(that's about all the Spawn I've ever read)

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Uthor posted:

I like 8, 9, 10, & 11 written by Alan Moore, Neil Gaiman, Dave Sim, and Frank Miller.

(that's about all the Spawn I've ever read)

the Morrison issues are my favorite (#16-#18).

Bendis wrote the Spawn offshoots Hellspawn and Sam & Twitch, both of which are good but neither of which are included in this sale.

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
I've been waiting for a Spawn sale. It was my favorite comic growing up. Now the question is: how much of this am I going to get?

Also, issue 10 is the best in the series.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
Is Marvel Unlimited meant to have such poor image quality?

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Nope. What are you reading?

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

The Modern Leper posted:

When I had MU none of the comics I read (All New X-men, Hawkeye) were HD. Is there a setting for this?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

If you got HD comics on it you might not also buy the monthlies!

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

Teenage Fansub posted:

If you got HD comics on it you might not also buy the monthlies!

That's what I figured.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Uncanny X-Force Sale* on Comixology!!!

*does not include Rick Remender's Uncanny X-Force

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

The Modern Leper posted:

I tried #1 of the new Ant-Man. As one if the more recent things on there I was hoping it would be good quality.

It's not so bad in page view but everything looks terrible in smart panel view.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Isn't smart panel a blown up version of page view? I thought page view looked fine when I used MU.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

PoshAlligator posted:

I tried #1 of the new Ant-Man. As one if the more recent things on there I was hoping it would be good quality.

It's not so bad in page view but everything looks terrible in smart panel view.

What platform are you using for MU?

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

zoux posted:

What platform are you using for MU?

Android, so, probably the worst. Still, thought they'd be pulling the images from the same source.

I mean, I can deal with it, but it looks pretty bad coming off reading a bunch of Marvel stuff on Comixology.

On HD comics their stuff looks gorgeous zoomed in.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
You get what you pay for. Personally, I'm okay with the reduced quality in exchange for just a staggering number of comics available to me. Quantity over quality!

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Phylodox posted:

You get what you pay for. Personally, I'm okay with the reduced quality in exchange for just a staggering number of comics available to me. Quantity over quality!

Yeah I feel like it's complaining that these trades I got at the library aren't in mint condition. I understand it's different, but I read all of Ultimate Spider-man for like $10 and I wasn't too bothered that it wasn't pristine when I zoomed in.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I mean I think the guy is allowed to complain, but it might be his platform. I've never noticed it reading on iOS.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I just don't use the zoom feature. I usually read on an iPad, so it's large enough. The few times I read on my phone, I leave it in full page mode, turn my phone to landscape, and scroll down. It's always looked fine.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Should I use guided view to read stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

Should I use guided view to read stuff?

Every time I try it, at least on MU, I say, "I'll use this until something important gets cut off". I usually make it about five pages.