Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
maybe they can provide guest vocals in dwayne bravo's follow up to his club smash hit chalo chalo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Haha they look like such goofs.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
A collaboration with warnie on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFJdUJg4wOk

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Dead Goon posted:

They should consider releasing this as a follow up single:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_djj9eHeClU

this takes me back

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Why would you do that?? I've I were Cook I'd be taking copies out onto the field and rubbing their noses in it.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

gay picnic defence posted:

Why would you do that?? I've I were Cook I'd be taking copies out onto the field and rubbing their noses in it.

Whats more embarassing than all out for 100 in 30 overs, getting bounced out by a boyband

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

They probably think they look great and it was a bit of a laugh.

It's goofy but no worse than say

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Awww, look at the ickle-wickle Broady, doesn't he look so young?!

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Naughty, naughty, very naughty!

Classic!!

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'd forgotten about that. gently caress you for reminding me.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

In ashes news nevill looks like he is going to retain his spot

The pitch is also being cooked with confiscated lights from a cannabis grow. Obviously there has been pretty poo poo weather in Birmingham

Edit

Minor brain snap

Burn Down Canberra fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Jul 28, 2015

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

The weather is always poo poo in Manchester.

Edgbaston is in Birmingham.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Dead Goon posted:

The weather is always poo poo in Manchester.

Edgbaston is in Birmingham.

I realised as soon as I posted lol

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

The weather has been fairly poo poo for the last week pretty much everywhere in England to be fair.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Oh it starts tomorrow does it

It's no wonder pitches are poo poo when they're scheduled to finish on a Sunday, they're terrified of losing out on the full weekend takings.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

It happens.

The scg test has been not great because of weather loads of times recently. It's interesting because bad weather can produce a pretty average pitch but there is so much pressure on the edgbaston ground staff to produce something interesting that I worry they might over cook the pitch.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's been "month's rain in a day" weather around here. Then it rained some more the next few days followed by thick cloud and cold wind.

They're probably doing something to kill it on day one that will make it explode around day three.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Less of this I reckon

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Dead Goon posted:

Less of this I reckon

Piss stains are an absolute nightmare to get out.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
gently caress it those photos have made me support Engerland.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

http://www.cricket.com.au/news/feat...root/2015-07-28
Their respective Ashes numbers tell quite the tale. Both have 80 wickets. Johnson’s have come in 16 matches and 558.3 overs (average 24.77, SR 41.8). Anderson’s have come in 25 matches and 924.3 overs (average 38.23, SR 69.3).

----------

Hmmm interesting.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
i dont think ive ever seen anyone argue that anderson is good against australia in this thread or otherwise

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Has Anderson ever been considered good?

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Burn Down Canberra posted:

In ashes news nevill looks like he is going to retain his spot
I was almost certain that the selectors would screw with the winning formula, because that's what selectors do.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

He is alright and you can pencil him in for a test where he will dick us but he's pretty comparable to peter Siddle in record.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Has Anderson ever been considered good?

There was that time when the English bowling attack was considered to be really good.
That time when the Australian bowling order was Mitchell "what's this form nonsense?" Johnson, Ben "I'm an Australian fast bowler me" Hilfenhaus and Peter "bowl me into the ground" Siddle with Doug Bollinger and Ryan Harris playing roles to the side.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Schlesische posted:

There was that time when the English bowling attack was considered to be really good.
That time when the Australian bowling order was Mitchell "what's this form nonsense?" Johnson, Ben "I'm an Australian fast bowler me" Hilfenhaus and Peter "bowl me into the ground" Siddle with Doug Bollinger and Ryan Harris playing roles to the side.

So he wasn't really 'good', he was just 'good enough'?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

So he wasn't really 'good', he was just 'good enough'?

Good by comparison is where I was going with it.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I think outside the two horror years Johnson has always been the better bowler. Yet Australians always want him dropped unless he is destroying sides

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I think outside the two horror years Johnson has always been the better bowler. Yet Australians always want him dropped unless he is destroying sides

He can be really expensive when he hasn't cowed an opposition so his performance comes across as really bi polar and people wonder if he has decided to be poo poo again rather than just assuming he had a bad game like we would for most other bowlers.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Johnson was utter garbage until he had the turn around before the 2013/14 Ashes.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Johnson was horribly unreliable, that was his problem. And he was a big part in how much the bowling attack sucked at it''s worst. No one is arguing that even before 2013, Johnson at full cry is genuinely frightening to face like the WI pack at it's peak - The issue was you got scary Johnson in Perth and..... basically nowhere else.

He still has his bad spells but the point is that those spells are now no longer as bad and they don't get followed by another bad spell. Plus the other bowlers are considerably better as well - he can be the terrorizing strike bowler and leave Hazlewood and Lyon for donkey work. And as well you have Starc who is young but every bit as fast and frightening.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

You Am I posted:

Johnson was utter garbage until he had the turn around before the 2013/14 Ashes.

His strike rate is 50. That's among the best ever. He is expensive but he would probably be the third quick in an ATG Australian post 1970s team.

He isn't McGrath but who is. He is an out wicket taker and that is so important in test cricket.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Mitchell Johnson is one of my big blind spots. I can recognise I'm really biased towards him. At his best he is my favourite cricketer to watch. I think that he suffered in the post McGrath world. He should only ever be used as a pure strike bowler because he can spray the ball. If he had bowled in the time of McGrath and Warne he would be considered an all time great IMO because he would have just charged in and bowled like a maniac.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Mitchell Johnson is one of my big blind spots. I can recognise I'm really biased towards him. At his best he is my favourite cricketer to watch. I think that he suffered in the post McGrath world. He should only ever be used as a pure strike bowler because he can spray the ball. If he had bowled in the time of McGrath and Warne he would be considered an all time great IMO because he would have just charged in and bowled like a maniac.

I'm imagining this and doing a bunch of phwoars

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

His strike rate is 50. That's among the best ever. He is expensive but he would probably be the third quick in an ATG Australian post 1970s team.

I wouldn't go that far; 4 Pacers and Warney?
He'd be in the conversation about an ATG post-1970 Australian team. He would be in a "best of the 2000s" team (how scary would that line up be...), but we've produced some incredible pace bowlers since 1970.
He's bowling incredibly well at the moment and he deserves all the plaudits he's been receiving but for a while there he was atrociously bad. Probably because we were expecting him to be some kind of cross between McGrath and Lee and for all the ways he was, there were little things that he just could not do.

The thought of a bowling attack that reads: "McGrath, Lee, Johnson, Warne" gives me proper goosebumps though. I should probably turn the heater on.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
Team that wins the toss will win the Test so get your poo poo together Michael Clarke

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Schlesische posted:

The thought of a bowling attack that reads: "McGrath, Lee, Johnson, Warne" gives me proper goosebumps though. I should probably turn the heater on.

Johnson was 12th Man for the entire 06/07 Ashes. Your dream was only ever a Stuart Clark injury away from reality!

Honestly, though, I'd have Clark over Lee any day, his career stats are eerily close to Harris's. "McGrath, Clark, Johnson, Warne" is a wonderful thought.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
McGrath, Gillespie, Johnson, Warne plz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

McGrath, Lillie and Johnson is a very well balanced bowling attack. Especially with Warne. Johnson could feat on the pressure built up at the other end. Probably his main competition would be an at his best Gillespie or thommo. We had some good honest bowlers during the 80s but probably not in consideration.

Johnson is always liable to bowl like a daft clown mind.that's why be isn't a great attack leader but feeds off players like Harris.