Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
plscks
Apr 3, 2011

Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

Klungar posted:

Still no luck with updating or installing apps after the jailbreak, even after logging out and back in multiple times. Haven't tried restarting my phone, but that's because I can't figure out how to power down the phone with my broken power button (unrelated issue). Any other suggestions?

My wife's iPhone 6+ had this problem, she got rid of a bunch of pictures to free up space, we speculate that it was just flat out of room. But I've also heard that maybe it will work if you delete the app that isn't updating and try downloading it again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Klungar posted:

Still no luck with updating or installing apps after the jailbreak, even after logging out and back in multiple times. Haven't tried restarting my phone, but that's because I can't figure out how to power down the phone with my broken power button (unrelated issue). Any other suggestions?

Do you have ASUpdateHider installed or any other apps that tweak the app store?

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Klungar posted:

I can't figure out how to power down the phone with my broken power button (unrelated issue).

Settings > General > Accessibility > Assistive Touch (Turn on)

Press the now displayed Assisted Touch button on your screen, press "Device", press and hold "Lock Screen" until "Slide to Power off" pops up. To turn it back on, just plug it into a charger.

Unfortunately, I cannot offer any help with the app issues you're experiencing.

edit: if for some reason you enable Assisted Touch, yet the button doesn't show up, you might have disabled the Assisted Touch daemons in iCleaner Pro. I had done that a long time ago and when my power button finally broke on my iPhone4, I went crazy trying to figure out why Assisted Touch wouldn't work for me until I looked in iCleaner Pro :bang:

Poala Bear fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Jul 11, 2015

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Poala Bear posted:

Settings > General > Accessibility > Assistive Touch (Turn on)

Press the now displayed Assisted Touch button on your screen, press "Device", press and hold "Lock Screen" until "Slide to Power off" pops up. To turn it back on, just plug it into a charger.

Unfortunately, I cannot offer any help with the app issues you're experiencing.

edit: if for some reason you enable Assisted Touch, yet the button doesn't show up, you might have disabled the Assisted Touch daemons in iCleaner Pro. I had done that a long time ago and when my power button finally broke on my iPhone4, I went crazy trying to figure out why Assisted Touch wouldn't work for me until I looked in iCleaner Pro :bang:

There it is! I've been using Assistive Touch to lock my screen, but didn't realize that you had to hold down the Lock Screen button for power down to appear, though I guess it makes sense in retrospect. I'll see if a restart fixes the issue.

e: Indeed it does, hallelujah! Thanks all!

Klungar fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jul 11, 2015

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Does snapchat not work for anyone else? On both my iPad and iPhone it crashes on login, but I don't know if it's the jailbreak or just 8.4, didn't think to try if before jailbreak.

I had a lot of issues jb my iPad a few days ago with Taig 2.3, but last night used 2.4 on my phone and it went swimmingly; hit go, walked away and came back to a jailbroke phone. I had the app update issue until I logged out and back in, but works great now.

Maybe it's in my head, but 8.4 feels really good to me!

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

Moose-Alini posted:

Does snapchat not work for anyone else? On both my iPad and iPhone it crashes on login, but I don't know if it's the jailbreak or just 8.4, didn't think to try if before jailbreak.

I had a lot of issues jb my iPad a few days ago with Taig 2.3, but last night used 2.4 on my phone and it went swimmingly; hit go, walked away and came back to a jailbroke phone. I had the app update issue until I logged out and back in, but works great now.

Maybe it's in my head, but 8.4 feels really good to me!
It's been like that since a SnapChat update like a month ago.

I haven't found a fix, but if you really need to use it create an activator action for booting into safe mode.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

coldplay chiptunes posted:

It's been like that since a SnapChat update like a month ago.

I haven't found a fix, but if you really need to use it create an activator action for booting into safe mode.

Yeesh thanks. Don't think I need snapchat that badly.

Especially since I only like it with phantom...

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
I'm using v9.11.0 and Phantom just fine. The most recent update came out like four days ago. I only update the app after Phantom says it's ok.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

spongeworthy posted:

I'm using v9.11.0 and Phantom just fine. The most recent update came out like four days ago. I only update the app after Phantom says it's ok.

Yeah, I haven't installed phantom yet, but snapchat crashes as soon as you open it or log in, on both my devices. No big deal really.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Moose-Alini posted:

Yeah, I haven't installed phantom yet, but snapchat crashes as soon as you open it or log in, on both my devices. No big deal really.

Maybe delete Snapchat and redownload it from the AppStore? Hard reboot your phone? I've had zero issues with my jailbreak and snapchat.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
"Watchdog" has just been released in beta mode. It allows apps to run in the background, similar to Backgrounder and Background Manager in the iOS 6/7 days.

I'm still playing around with it but it seems to work just fine. All you need to do is tap on the app in the task switcher to de/active.

Repo: http://allankerr.github.io/repo/

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

What do you need to run in the background that can't already? Not being a dick, just curious.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
Anyone know of a jailbreak to get rid of the blue "Google maps is using your location!" bar that appears if you switch away while navigating a route?

goku chewbacca
Dec 14, 2002

Frinkahedron posted:

Anyone know of a jailbreak to get rid of the blue "Google maps is using your location!" bar that appears if you switch away while navigating a route?

This is a great iOS 8 feature that complements the "While Using the App" Location Access setting. Why would you want to get rid of it?

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

What do you need to run in the background that can't already? Not being a dick, just curious.

Most irc clients unless you have a bouncer somewhere (and then however many minutes it still has to reconnect to the bouncer).

Although irccloud kinda gets around it.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

goku chewbacca posted:

This is a great iOS 8 feature that complements the "While Using the App" Location Access setting. Why would you want to get rid of it?

Because it's obnoxious and blocks you from tapping there to scroll to the top in whatever other app you're in.

Ingress does the same thing and it's both pointless (the game doesn't actually use that info while in the background) and annoying for the reason above.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

goku chewbacca posted:

I have literally never seen any other app that set off the big giant blue bar besides Google Maps when it's navigating. It also prevents me from tapping the top bar to scroll to the top and forces every other app to miss out on the top 5% or whatever it is of pixels taken up by it.

goku chewbacca
Dec 14, 2002

Frinkahedron posted:

I have literally never seen any other app that set off the big giant blue bar besides Google Maps when it's navigating. It also prevents me from tapping the top bar to scroll to the top and forces every other app to miss out on the top 5% or whatever it is of pixels taken up by it.

I've seen it in other apps that will unnecessarily continue using GPS in the background. Facebook, Speedtest, and Redbox are common culprits off the top of me head. I saw it often enough that I set their Location Access to Never, so I appreciated that new feature.

I can understand being frustrated by not being able to tap the top bar to auto-scroll to the top when that blue bar is present, especially when you fully intended to allow Google Maps Nav to run in the background.

plscks
Apr 3, 2011

Anyone know of a tweak to change the background of a folder icon from gray to a darker color or to transparent? I can't seem to find an option for it in Springtomize 3. And I mean the folder icon before you open the folder up. I've got a dark theme and a dark background and the folders being gray contrasts too much for my liking.

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

plscks posted:

Anyone know of a tweak to change the background of a folder icon from gray to a darker color or to transparent? I can't seem to find an option for it in Springtomize 3. And I mean the folder icon before you open the folder up. I've got a dark theme and a dark background and the folders being gray contrasts too much for my liking.

In springtomize under the folder options, there is an option to unblur the icon of the folder, though it doesn't actually seem to work when I try it. Maybe yours will.

plscks
Apr 3, 2011

Springtomize didn't help anything but I found that changing color and white alpha to zero under hiddensetting's icon adaptive menu does the trick.

Ezrem
Jan 23, 2006

plscks posted:

I've been using a combination of DarkFolders7 and DockShift…since…well, iOS 7. Still works great on 8.4.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

plscks posted:

Springtomize didn't help anything but I found that changing color and white alpha to zero under hiddensetting's icon adaptive menu does the trick.

Is this updated for iOS 8? Hidden Settings 7 just crashes my springboard.

plscks
Apr 3, 2011

Found it on a Github from reddit, and installed it from the .deb file via ssh, seems to work okay. Though my darker folders do reset if I respring. Oh and if you install it that way, Cydia will try to tell you to update it, don't do this as it will install the older broken one.

Ezrem posted:

I've been using a combination of DarkFolders7 and DockShift…since…well, iOS 7. Still works great on 8.4.
DarkFolders7 turns out to be exactly what I was looking for and it doesn't reset if I respring, thanks!

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Snapchat update in case anyone cares, nothing anyone posted worked and much more. I restored my iPad and rejailbroke and it worked! So I did my phone again, and it worked too! Then when I woke up this morning neither work again.

I didn't install any tweaks on the iPad between then and now, so I have no idea and am through trying.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yeah I have a snapchat log I got from Cydia and snapchat automatically locks my account meh

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

What they actually do is block apps from knowing they're no longer up on the screen (or rather, makes them bypass restrictions on apps not currently on the screen). I have a couple that won't work unless they're up and in focus and it's really annoying to be entirely unable to use the device for anything else or even turn the screen off while using them.

As a neat side bonus, backgrounder puts a little dot on the icon of apps that are still running in the background. It's sometimes useful to know that even if you don't have it doing anything else.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Anyone know a worker iAP cracker thing? I had one a long time ago that just bypassed the store and loaded the purchase, but forgot what it was, and Internet gives a million suggestions that don't seem to work right.

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice

Moose-Alini posted:

Anyone know a worker iAP cracker thing? I had one a long time ago that just bypassed the store and loaded the purchase, but forgot what it was, and Internet gives a million suggestions that don't seem to work right.

It's known as $priceofapp+AppStore, but was forked as GTFOwith.your.pirate.poo poo

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Tapedump posted:

It's known as $priceofapp+AppStore, but was forked as GTFOwith.your.pirate.poo poo

Sorry I don't want to buy the same game 500 times

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice
That's not how licensing works. Seriously. Ideological arguments aside, that's not how licensing works.

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009
IAP's are tied to your itunes account but about the hack the better answer is don't talk about warez/hacking stuff here, jailbreaking is one thing but obtaining paid stuff for free is another

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Tapedump posted:

That's not how licensing works. Seriously. Ideological arguments aside, that's not how licensing works.

Yeah sorry guys my bad

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Moose-Alini posted:

Sorry I don't want to buy the same game 500 times
Then don't.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Yeah sorry guys. I just bought a game and like 90% of the content is behind ten other purchases the price of the game itself. I was pissed and I was wrong, my bad.

simplesnatch
Sep 6, 2011
I've been using the YouTube.com url in safari to play stuff in the background. Is there an app that will play YouTube videos in the background so multitasking is available?

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

simplesnatch posted:

I've been using the YouTube.com url in safari to play stuff in the background. Is there an app that will play YouTube videos in the background so multitasking is available?

Protube does it for me.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Is there an old version of twitter I can get that doesn't show "promoted tweets" or any way to block them?

simplesnatch
Sep 6, 2011

Biodome posted:

Protube does it for me.

Nailed it! Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

simplesnatch posted:

Nailed it! Thanks

YouTubed by Big Boss works too and it uses the YouTube app.

• Locked thread