Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Covok posted:

That could be because of the ending of Lighting Returns. It could be on the New World.

I'm just gonna say right now, it's not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

CottonWolf posted:

Yep. But I didn't spot any obvious links in the demo. I'm not even sure if the Etro stuff that was in the early trailers is still there.

People are going to keep saying it is all the way up until the full release where it shows that it's not. And even past that, if your username is Azure_Horizon.

gigglefeimer
Mar 16, 2007

fronz posted:

The sad thing is that it's not feasible to do things like this in FFV or FFX-2. If I'm doing a low-level challenge it's because I want the fights to be more enjoyable, so I'd like more fights :(
There's workarounds in X-2. Like, equipping Minerva's Plates for Auto-Pointless, absorbing forced experience with creatures, and of course the good old "don't save after beating a fight". 1/1/2 challenges are awesome.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Covok posted:

That could be because of the ending of Lighting Returns. It could be on the New World.

No, FF15 does not take place in France.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Whizbang posted:

No, FF15 does not take place in France.

Are we certain about this?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I haven't tried 2.0 but the demo was cool. Game looks nice and the combat has potential, although the demo options were fairly limited since it was such a small slice of game. They get the performance fixed and make the camera smoother and the game could be tight.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Fix performance, camera, maybe mess with the AI a bit, and keep Noctis' Batman voice and we're golden for a good game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah, and of course, don't change Cidney's outfit!!! Please!!!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Her name is Cindy

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Cindy's cool

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm going to hold on to the hope that the side quests will be more interesting than MMO collect poo poo, but probably still enjoy it even if they are.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru
Dragon Quest XI was recently announced for the PS4 and the 3DS (and potentially for Nintendo's next system). The PS4 version runs on Unreal Engine 4. For those keeping score, Square-Enix will use UE4 for two major AAA titles (three if we count the rumors about the FF7 remake).

It's a good thing that Square-Enix did not spend millions on an internal engine that will only be used for one game and some tech demos.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sunning posted:

Dragon Quest XI was recently announced for the PS4 and the 3DS (and potentially for Nintendo's next system). The PS4 version runs on Unreal Engine 4. For those keeping score, Square-Enix will use UE4 for two major AAA titles (three if we count the rumors about the FF7 remake).

It's a good thing that Square-Enix did not spend millions on an internal engine that will only be used for one game and some tech demos.

The snide thing is getting a bit tiring, Sunning.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

ImpAtom posted:

The snide thing is getting a bit tiring, Sunning.

Sorry, about that. I had high hopes for Luminous back in 2010. Oh well, at least UE4 is doing work.

In other news, it looks like Type-0 items are coming to Dota 2. It's not the first time Square-Enix has had a item promotion. They did it for Thief 2013.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sunning posted:

Sorry, about that. I had high hopes for Luminous back in 2010. Oh well, at least UE4 is doing work.

In other news, it looks like Type-0 items are coming to Dota 2. It's not the first time Square-Enix has had a item promotion. They did it for Thief 2013.

There's something sort of delightful about a mod that literally began knocking off Final Fantasy characters now getting official Final Fantasy support.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

A few pages back there was some talk of the DS remake of Final Fantasy III being absolute trash.

Played it briefly, but not enough to understand why. Anyone willing to elaborate?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It punishes you for switching jobs, which is the dumbest thing imaginable. There's lots more smaller complaints and issues with dungeon design because it's an old rear end NES game but that was the worst part.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

In Training posted:

It punishes you for switching jobs, which is the dumbest thing imaginable. There's lots more smaller complaints and issues with dungeon design because it's an old rear end NES game but that was the worst part.

How so? I am in the process of playing through them all in order and want to know what I am in for.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's been a long rear end time since I played it so I'm pretty hazy, but I believe if you switch jobs there's a period of time where you have significantly lower stats for a certain number of battles, so you basically pick one job and that's it, unlike V where it's all about crazy synthesis and experimentation with all of the classes. The number of enemies that can appear in battle at once was also reduced so they just bumped up the damage and health to "balance" it but t makes some particular encounters way harder than ever intended and is annoying.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also the last dungeon is like an hour long and doesn't have a save point before the final boss so when I died during that encounter I said gently caress It and never finished the game. It's my least favorite FF.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the nes version of 3 might be better than the ds version. at the very least it's over quicker.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool
There's also the fact that bosses were given multiple turns to make up for the fact that there's only one of them, and some bosses have moves that will kill you in two hits unless you're crazy over-leveled. Everything about FFIIIDS is worse than the original NES version, which is an incredible achievement in mediocrity.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Endorph posted:

the nes version of 3 might be better than the ds version. at the very least it's over quicker.

Save states and speed up would also be a godsend

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I wonder how many people were soured on the game after that really early-on dungeon where you have to be Mini the entire time.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Outside of emulators the mobile version of FF3DS is by far the best version to play because it autosaves after every battle and screen transition so you never lose any progress when you die to dumb bullshit.

It's still terrible.

The Let's Play 25 Years of Final Fantasy thread got to FFIII on page 24 and from there on has some good info on just what exactly is wrong with the DS version.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Calaveron posted:

I wonder how many people were soured on the game after that really early-on dungeon where you have to be Mini the entire time.

That's pretty much where I stopped playing.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Sunning posted:

...gently caress, I'm going to have to buy Type-0 for that Chocobo courier and Moogle wards, aren't I? :negative:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Type-0 kinda sucks. I'm sure they will sell the chocobo and moogle separately at some point.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Type-0 is fun, but short if you don't do all the content.

PC version is August 18th. WAY sooner than I thought.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm pissed that Type-0 PC is going to come out before LR PC.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Sunning posted:

Yeah because Type-0 is coming to Steam, ya dingus. e:f;b

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Kyrosiris posted:

...gently caress, I'm going to have to buy Type-0 for that Chocobo courier and Moogle wards, aren't I? :negative:

With your hat purchase, you get a free game featuring:

quote:

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD will launch for PC via Steam with graphical upgrades and new gameplay features on August 18, Square Enix announced.

Additions to the PC version include:

Improved in-game battle camera
Scalable motion blur settings
Customizable dynamic screen shot mode
Upgraded graphics resolution options for high-end PCs
Increased blood levels
New character speed boosts
Full controller support
Full Steam achievements and trading cards
Users who pre-order the game on Steam will receive the Master Chocobo as your courier and Moogle (Class Zero) as your ward in DOTA 2, plus an exclusive Final Fantasy Type-0 HD loading screen.

“Developing Final Fantasy Type-0 HD for Steam gave us the opportunity to fully realize our original vision of the game in an enhanced and refined experience exclusively for PC players,” said director Hajime Tabata.

http://gematsu.com/2015/07/final-fantasy-type-0-hd-for-pc-launches-august-18

In Training posted:

I'm pissed that Type-0 PC is going to come out before LR PC.

Type-0 HD runs on Hexadrive's Hexa Engine which has PC support. They added some DirectX 11 features over the years to give it more mileage.

Excels posted:

Yeah because Type-0 is coming to Steam, ya dingus. e:f;b

Yes...? We discussed Type-0 coming to PC back in early June.

Sunning fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jul 28, 2015

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Sunning posted:

I want those items as I play a bunch of Dota but I do not want type 0

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I want those items as I play a bunch of Dota but I do not want type 0

They'll be on the Market soon enough.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I will take an insane Dota person's offer of type-0 if they just want the items

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It took them 5 years or whatever but it seems the PC release will have motion blur options, and Hell yeah!!! More blood! Hardcore!!!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Oh wow, I thought they would charge at least 40 bucks for Type-0. Interesting.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
I think the better question is:

Is Type-0 fun to play and worth the price?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

In Training posted:

It took them 5 years or whatever but it seems the PC release will have motion blur options, and Hell yeah!!! More blood! Hardcore!!!

They patched motion blur on PS4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
Is there a general consensus on Type-o? Besides being the worst game in the series