Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Ted Rall lying about his past!?

Well I never!!

edit:

ahahahahaha ted you miserable loving liar

Did you guys know that cops are secretly recording you with hidden cameras now to make you look like a liar!? What is this world coming to!?

This article is solid loving gold and outs Rall as the massive lying old man boob these threads have known him to be for years.

A whole bunch of Hitlers if you ask me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Bagley, you don't need a Lincoln label behind the stature, we all know who it is supposed to be.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

PassTheRemote posted:

Bagley, you don't need a Lincoln label behind the stature, we all know who it is supposed to be.

Probably one of the more arguable "but it's really like that" labels.

Like, it's not right there at that angle, but Bagley's not too far off.

Also one of the funnier cartoons I've seen on here in a while.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'm kind of ashamed to say it took me a second. "What does Lincoln have to do with shootings in thea-oh."

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

there wolf posted:

Not true. There are feral cow populations in various parts of the world where people thought to start raising cattle and then gave up on it leaving the cows to their own devices. On
the other hand, that's places like Hawaii and Australia. I don't see the someone's failed Wyoming cattle farm leading to a population of wild cows in Yellowstone.

feral cows, also camels

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

SuperHappy posted:

Ted Rall has been fired from the LA Times. Apparently it was for a blog post he made about an altercation with the LAPD that happened over 10 years ago. The LAPD actually called to complain the story was untrue, and it led to the editors firing him.

http://anewdomain.net/2015/07/27/ted-rall-lapd-convinced-la-times-fire-criticized-cops-exclusive/

quote:

Pultizer Prize finalist Ted Rall is an award-winning cartoonist

sure, don't name the award he won, name the award he didn't :allears:

edit: the la times have pulled the original article, google hasn't

Zetsubou-san fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Jul 28, 2015

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
I bet it was Hitler that fired Rall.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

The Sausages posted:

Maybe it's a shot a Common Core, which is of course the liberals fault because true-blooded Americans don't understand the concepts involved.

The irony of course being that Common Core recommends teaching subtraction using the "count up" method which is identical to counting back change instead of the "write it down and borrow" method that old assholes like Tinsley learned.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Pretend I embedded a series of youtube videos showing various floods and tsunamis, from Katrina to Fukushima. God is a filthy loving liar.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Cat Mattress posted:

Pretend I embedded a series of youtube videos showing various floods and tsunamis, from Katrina to Fukushima. God is a filthy loving liar.

Was the whole earth flooded? I don't think so. Check and mate.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

PassTheRemote posted:

Too soon, Bagley. I'm sure Lincoln's surviving relatives are still very upset about it.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
RI
PH
OL
LY
WO
OD
RA
LL

I love his incredulity about the officer having the audacity to record the interaction. This is how he described it in May:

Ted Rall posted:

This one is personal.

Just over 10 years ago, I was ticketed – and handcuffed – for an alleged pedestrian violation while crossing Melrose Avenue. Ironically, this was one of the rare times that I was innocent of even jaywalking, something I do every day.

Anyway, I had done everything right. I waited for the green "walking man" signal before stepping off the curb. I walked between the crosswalk lines. I got across the street just as the flashing red signal began.

All of a sudden, a motorcycle officer zoomed over, threw me up against the wall, slapped on the cuffs, roughed me up and wrote me a ticket. It was an ugly scene, and in broad daylight it must have looked like one, because within minutes there were a couple of dozen passersby shouting at the cop.

Another motorcycle officer appeared, asked the colleague what the heck he was thinking and ordered him to let me go, which he did. But not before he threw my driver's license into the sewer.

Even if you completely buy what he's selling now (which is not explicitly disproved, but is also not really supported by the audio), that last bit about the second cop is a straight up lie.

Ted Rall posted:

Not that I’m comparing myself with a rape victim — far from it — but now I understand why sometimes a raped woman will call her rapist afterward.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Stultus Maximus posted:

The irony of course being that Common Core recommends teaching subtraction using the "count up" method which is identical to counting back change instead of the "write it down and borrow" method that old assholes like Tinsley learned.

The "borrowing" method is how I learned it and I'm 23 so uhhhh don't be so contemptuous dude

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

mandatory lesbian posted:

The "borrowing" method is how I learned it and I'm 23 so uhhhh don't be so contemptuous dude

Saying that old fucks like Tinsley learned the borrowing method does not imply that nobody else did. Guess your school's curriculum didn't include propositional calculus. :smug:

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

People look at me funny when I give them exact change or tell them what the change is, Tinsley fails to see how most people these days use credit cards or throw a $20 bill at the cashier.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

First thing I thought when I saw this is "what beer can you get for 99 cents a can?".

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Brown Moses posted:

First thing I thought when I saw this is "what beer can you get for 99 cents a can?".

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Brown Moses posted:

You're on the right track but a little off:

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Post 9-11 User posted:

People look at me funny when I give them exact change or tell them what the change is, Tinsley fails to see how most people these days use credit cards or throw a $20 bill at the cashier.

I cashiered as a teenager and I think I'm pretty good at math. It's one thing to do a single calculation that adding two pennies will give a nickel as a customer, it's another to anticipate and perform the exact same calculation while balancing all the other responsibilities as a cashier.

If you try to do some sort of weird change thing, the cashier is probably going to just tense up in anticipation of a quick-change scam.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Tomorrow: Mallard attempts to buy food at a Taco Bell with a $2 bill.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
I wouldn't think having his fish his license out of a sewer would be a big deal for Ted Rall after he crawled out of one

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Stultus Maximus posted:

You're on the right track but a little off:

Man off topic, but this reminds me of a real life Tom Waits song I saw. I was returning my empties to the beer store, and there was this 50-somethings dude, unshaven, in a dirty shirt, taking empty bottles of this out of a suitcase in the trunk of his car from the 70s, and there were easily two dozen.

I may have seen Tinsley in the wild guys

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Stultus Maximus posted:

Woah that kinda boggles my mind, they are learning to subtract how a computer subtracts! I didn't learn that method till like college :psyduck:

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Gonna lose my speed mental math edge in cases like 100-98 now. Ban common core. gently caress you got my math.

I'll just have to settle for being able to do 20-5 twice as fast as the coming generations. Muahahaha.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

An orangutan decides to go for a brief zoo tour outside her enclosure, and footy fans continue to harass Adam Goodes by booing at him

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

SuperHappy posted:

Ted Rall has been fired from the LA Times. Apparently it was for a blog post he made about an altercation with the LAPD that happened over 10 years ago. The LAPD actually called to complain the story was untrue, and it led to the editors firing him.

http://anewdomain.net/2015/07/27/ted-rall-lapd-convinced-la-times-fire-criticized-cops-exclusive/

Rall might be the last person I would ever believe when it comes to police abuse of power. He's the kind of guy that goes around trying to get the system to oppress him so he can draw them like Hitler the next day.

PassTheRemote posted:

:thurman:

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jul 28, 2015

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Sir Tonk posted:

Rall might be the last person I would ever believe when it comes to police abuse of power. He's the kind of guy that goes around trying to get the system to oppress him so he can draw them like Hitler the next day.

Also we've seen abundant examples of his rich fantasy life regarding his own biography.

e: and his rich fantasy life regarding his own artistic ability and cultural relevance.

Stultus Maximus fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jul 28, 2015

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
And then the policewoman gave me a blowjob.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Speaking of Ted,

ps they kill whites too

3 lol
8f

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Kylra posted:

Gonna lose my speed mental math edge in cases like 100-98 now. Ban common core. gently caress you got my math.

I'll just have to settle for being able to do 20-5 twice as fast as the coming generations. Muahahaha.

Or you could just learn and understand both methods and apply them where appropriate? :shrug:

Neither one is the 'right' way they're both just algorithms that give you the right answer in the end. Each algorithm has a different ideal case.

Always thought it was weird how many people just memorized the 'cross multiply' method without really understanding how it works. (factoring by digits and then using the distributive rule of algebra to combine easily) but that just shows you how lovely our teaching methods are in the US. Few people really learn math, everybody else just learns how to take math tests. :v:

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Ted Rall lying about his past!?

Well I never!!

edit:

ahahahahaha ted you miserable loving liar

Did you guys know that cops are secretly recording you with hidden cameras now to make you look like a liar!? What is this world coming to!?

This article is solid loving gold and outs Rall as the massive lying old man boob these threads have known him to be for years.

First, like duh cops might be recording you. You should always assume that.

Ted is such a lovely liar.
Post that to the poo poo That Didn't Happen thread :cheeky:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Anti-gun liberals wouldn't have kept the stocks of powder and shot that the British were coming to seize thus avoiding the Battles of Lexington and Concord altogether?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah, you wish bud.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Zaphod42 posted:

Or you could just learn and understand both methods and apply them where appropriate? :shrug:
That was basically what I said. :ssh:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Aww. Poor Mike Lester. People made fun of him for being a racist, wife-beating buffoon! Not fair!

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Zeroisanumber posted:

Anti-gun liberals wouldn't have kept the stocks of powder and shot that the British were coming to seize thus avoiding the Battles of Lexington and Concord altogether?
Not to mention, the Battle of Lexington started when someone who wasn't the soldiers facing each other fired a shot, and then neither side followed orders to hold fire. It's almost like people are irrational, especially when facing armed opponents, and their capacity to cause unnecessary harm is massively increased when they have guns.

e: Also the Boston Massacre, in which some rear end in a top hat (probably on the American side, trying to provoke an incident) very likely shot Crispus Attucks from the Customs House above. Read about his autopsy--the trajectory of the bullet shows that it's extremely unlikely to have come from the British soldiers on the ground, who only fired into the crowd throwing poo poo at them and taunting them to shoot after that shot was fired. But for some reason most of us don't learn that in history class (I did, actually--my 8th grade history teacher had us look at the primary sources, it was awesome). I'm sure if the people in the crowd had guns the crisis could have been averted!!!

Stroop There It Is fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jul 28, 2015

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

See!!??! See!!!!! I TOLD YOU GUYS

I TOLD YOU ABOUT KENYANS BRO

Liberals, always trying to resolve things peacefully!!!! It makes me SICK!!!!

Did not expect any of our usual old farts to know about or reference this movie, especially months after it came out. He must have just seen the title and figured out the barest details of it or something.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

We might have ended up under the British boot forever until the 1860's or so.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Lysdexique
Sep 12, 2010

Let me give you some advice, little buddy.
Did Sorensen ever explain the origin of her "pundit" character when the rest of the people are drawn in a completely different art style?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Lysdexique posted:

Did Sorensen ever explain the origin of her "pundit" character when the rest of the people are drawn in a completely different art style?

Its the same exact character copy and pasted for so long the rest of the art style moved on but that clip art didn't :cheeky:

Actually looking at it, the pundit dude gets slightly fatter in the second panel, so I guess it was redrawn after all.
Compared to some of the 'comics' in this thread, that's serious effort.

• Locked thread