Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.

funtax posted:

Was Agent Venom hard to find? I wound up with an extra one when it turned out that Walgreens wouldn't let me cancel my preorder.

Aside from the one I got, which a relative actually found for me after I had scoured every Walgreens in the area for weeks, I only ever saw one in a store, once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I believe he was just hard to find initially because it was Walgreen's first exclusive. I tried to pre-order one on their website and they never fulfilled it after months of waiting. Then I just went and looked for him in stores and found 20 easy peasy.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I'm loving amazed that Walgreen's has a method in place by which you can pre-order an action figure.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Agent Venom only had an issue because they did a limited release at first, and a pre-order system that was like.....3 months late? By that point they were everywhere like Cocks said.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Travis343 posted:

I'm loving amazed that Walgreen's has a method in place by which you can pre-order an action figure.

Their non consumable buy is a huge toy freak. The last two toy fairs he's been seen hitting up every company for exclusives. The craziest thing is it worked. I saw stats that Agent Venom was the best selling item on their website the month it was offered.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Rhyno posted:

Their non consumable buy is a huge toy freak. The last two toy fairs he's been seen hitting up every company for exclusives. The craziest thing is it worked. I saw stats that Agent Venom was the best selling item on their website the month it was offered.

Does that mean a lot? Who orders stuff off the Walgreens website?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

boom boom boom posted:

Does that mean a lot? Who orders stuff off the Walgreens website?

Old people use the internet. The even have a mobile app!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Cocks Cable posted:

I believe he was just hard to find initially because it was Walgreen's first exclusive. I tried to pre-order one on their website and they never fulfilled it after months of waiting. Then I just went and looked for him in stores and found 20 easy peasy.

The Walgreens by the mall still has three or four of him there.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Rhyno posted:

Old people use the internet. The even have a mobile app!

Are old people buying Agent Venom figures? Is every grandson in America going to get a weird present this Christmas?

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
The exclusive Funkos were a nightmare to find, though. I miraculously stumbled upon a Venom but never found Punisher.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Nut Bunnies posted:

The exclusive Funkos were a nightmare to find, though. I miraculously stumbled upon a Venom but never found Punisher.

The 'redskull' Punisher Vinil Pop? I saw that the other day at the same Walgreen.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Nut Bunnies posted:

There are two Punishers nearby me if you still need one, both the last Walgreens Funkos on both shelves, I never saw Venom except at Cons

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
A heads up: The SDCC Hasbro exclusives should be up sometime today, which includes the Legends 5-pack Book of Vishanti. If anybody orders it and doesn't want Magik for whatever hosed up reason, I'll buy her from you.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I thought it was suppose to be Tuesday?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Cocks Cable posted:

Yeah, it says 28th on the site.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Louisgod posted:

A heads up: The SDCC Hasbro exclusives should be up sometime today, which includes the Legends 5-pack Book of Vishanti. If anybody orders it and doesn't want Magik for whatever hosed up reason, I'll buy her from you.

Matty is doing their SDCC sale right now - I grabbed me some hover robots.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Is there any specific time that hasbro is planning on putting their SDCC up tomorrow? I remember it being around 8-9 pacific last year, but I can't find anything for 2015 so far.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Cocks Cable posted:

Oh whoops, guess I'll stop checking then.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Havoc904 posted:

Is there any specific time that hasbro is planning on putting their SDCC up tomorrow? I remember it being around 8-9 pacific last year, but I can't find anything for 2015 so far.

They've never given a specific time, but yeah, its usually between 9-12 PST, one time it was 6am PST, so I get up at 5 just in case.

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing
The Hasbro exclusives are up right now - https://www.hasbrotoyshop.com

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

The site's also getting slammed and isn't loading right now. Time to power through the struggle.

Edit: I have the stuff in my cart, but every time I hit submit, I get a time out. Is this what you MOTU people had to put up with every month?

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jul 28, 2015

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Well, the Book of Vishanti and First Order Stormtrooper are sold out. Added the Vishanti pack to my cart the moment it went on sale, but I guess it allocated them by final checkout and not holding them when they are added.

Time to go pay a ton of money for a Hela on ebay.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Havoc904 posted:

Well, the Book of Vishanti and First Order Stormtrooper are sold out. Added the Vishanti pack to my cart the moment it went on sale, but I guess it allocated them by final checkout and not holding them when they are added.

Time to go pay a ton of money for a Hela on ebay.

That sucks. Good luck getting Hela, dude.

As someone still fairly new to collecting, and not much of one for buying at anything other than retail or less - what are the odds on these dropping in price? I'm going Magik-huntin'.

What I still can't get over with that set is how cheap the eye of Agamotto looks. I know it's all just plastic, but jeez. You'd think for an exclusive collector's thing they could, I don't know, put a little more effort in.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

A Tin Of Beans posted:

As someone still fairly new to collecting, and not much of one for buying at anything other than retail or less - what are the odds on these dropping in price? I'm going Magik-huntin'.

They will never lower in price and will only go up from here. If you expect to somehow pay retail for this set, it's not gonna happen. Expect $50 or $75 over retail for the set, if you're lucky, and $50 for each individual figure.

Louisgod fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jul 28, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just sold the Thanos Imperative set for literally double what I paid for it. Hell the only reason I sold it was because of the new GotG set having a mostly the same Star-Lord in it.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

A Tin Of Beans posted:

What I still can't get over with that set is how cheap the eye of Agamotto looks. I know it's all just plastic, but jeez. You'd think for an exclusive collector's thing they could, I don't know, put a little more effort in.

That would only increase the price of the set which already a good deal for 4 full sized figures and 1 BAF sized figure, most with unique sculpting elements. The eye is just an extra nice-to-have bonus and I'm even surprised they bothered since they also spent money on the really nice book-like packaging. This set is awesome compared to that ridiculous EE GotG set.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Cocks Cable posted:

That would only increase the price of the set which already a good deal for 4 full sized figures and 1 BAF sized figure, most with unique sculpting elements. The eye is just an extra nice-to-have bonus and I'm even surprised they bothered since they also spent money on the really nice book-like packaging. This set is awesome compared to that ridiculous EE GotG set.

Oh yeah the rest of the set is really awesome, it just seems weird to have a cheap bonus when everything else is so cool. :shobon: I'd think the set was still worth the normal price even if it wasn't included.

Louisgod posted:

They will never lower in price and will only go up from here. If you expect to somehow pay retail for this set, it's not gonna happen. Expect $50 or $75 over retail for the set, if you're lucky, and $50 for each individual figure.

OK, I figured as much but figured I'd ask. I knew retail price was out of the question, I'm just not used to it. In hindsight I don't know why a limited edition set would drop in price, but ... ah well. Then the quest for Magik begins!

I think her and my currently-on-preorder Judge Death are going to end up in a showdown.

A Tin Of Beans fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jul 28, 2015

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Hello. I collect Captain American merchandise!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I have a pair of little rubbery boots for a figure that I want to add a bit of color to. Is there a certain kind of paint I should get for that?

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

How realistic is it to buy a Marvel Legends figure remove the BAF part then put it up on Kijiji/Ebay at a less than retail price and sell it?

I really really want the Hulkbuster BAF to repaint but I i'm not interested in any of the actual figures.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

TouchToneDialing posted:

How realistic is it to buy a Marvel Legends figure remove the BAF part then put it up on Kijiji/Ebay at a less than retail price and sell it?

I really really want the Hulkbuster BAF to repaint but I i'm not interested in any of the actual figures.

People sell individual figures all the time. How much you will get back depends on the figure, but you should be able to recoup some of your cost.

Alternately, you can could just buy the Hulkbuster BAF itself. You would probably save money if the Hulkbuster figure is the only one from the line you want, but if there are 2 or more figures you want to keep from the line, you should probably just go the resell route.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

TouchToneDialing posted:

You can ask here as I want some of the figures but not the BAF, so I'm happy to take Dr. Strange and Vision off your hands if you run into them. Good way to recoup costs.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TouchToneDialing posted:

First you should ask here and see who has spare pieces they don't want.
Second you should join this FB group because people sell ad trade BAF parts daily.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/AtionFigureFleaMarket/

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Aphrodite posted:

I have a pair of little rubbery boots for a figure that I want to add a bit of color to. Is there a certain kind of paint I should get for that?

If it's rubbery you definitely want acrylic. How rubbery are we talking about? How much wear and tear are you anticipating? Should the end result be matte or glossy?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

First you should ask here and see who has spare pieces they don't want.
Second you should join this FB group because people sell ad trade BAF parts daily.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/AtionFigureFleaMarket/

Did....did they really gently caress with their Facebook url and call it "Ation Figure Flea Market"

Bush league

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

Did....did they really gently caress with their Facebook url and call it "Ation Figure Flea Market"

Bush league

I never noticed that. Nice. Still, I've gotten some seriously good deals in there. Dude sold me a BAF Thanos for $30 last week.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Why cookie Rocket posted:

If it's rubbery you definitely want acrylic. How rubbery are we talking about? How much wear and tear are you anticipating? Should the end result be matte or glossy?

I don't know how to describe it really. They're little 1:6 rubber boots, like GI Joe boots or something. All I really want to do is paint a stripe down the front, nothing fancy so probably matte. Once it's done it's sitting on a shelf forever so there shouldn't be any wear.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

The Rage posted:

Bush league
They didn't buy the "c" so they could pass the savings on to you!

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

I don't know how to describe it really. They're little 1:6 rubber boots, like GI Joe boots or something. All I really want to do is paint a stripe down the front, nothing fancy so probably matte. Once it's done it's sitting on a shelf forever so there shouldn't be any wear.

Any kind of acrylic paint will work fine. I suggest acrylic model paint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Aphrodite posted:

Yep, Valejo or Testors Model Masters acrylics should do you fine. Unless the stripe is white or yellow, in which case God help you.