Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Xoidanor posted:

Haha I guess you didn't follow the UBW thread, and that was with separate thread in place to avoid just that.

I am the poo poo of my post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I like Chapter 3 of Volume 5. Thank you for reading my post.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Might try reading the novel later...

Grausherra
Jul 15, 2007

Look into my eyes...

Mordaedil posted:

My hobby store don't carry them. Any online source or availability for order?

Maybe one day... just maybe though I can imagine the publisher having some trouble with the title seeing there's that one game out there.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Grausherra posted:

Maybe one day... just maybe though I can imagine the publisher having some trouble with the title seeing there's that one game out there.

I kinda wish that game had more similarities with this anime. I tried overlord because the concept sounded good to me and what I got was a really janky game with awful controls.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Might try reading the novel later...

It's good.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The reason you shouldn't talk about the LN is because it has spoilers for the anime, you assholes. Go start your own thread if you want to talk about it and quit being difficult.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

-Troika- posted:

The reason you shouldn't talk about the LN is because it has spoilers for the anime, you assholes. Go start your own thread if you want to talk about it and quit being difficult.

"Don't talk about Overlord in the Overlord thread"

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Just keep the light novel spoilers to the Web Novel thread or something, sheesh.

Ep 4 has post-credits stuff that's kind of important, so don't miss that!
The CG angels could have been better. :effort:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

darkgray posted:

The CG angels could have been better. :effort:

I'd disagree, their design perfectly reflected their status as glorified trash mobs.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jul 28, 2015

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Overlord is p.awesome :unsmith:

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
I like this show, I was really just expecting some overly dark MMO-ish show about someone just being evil to do so but I am really surprised at how they handled this.

If this gets a dub skeletor's VA must do Mr. Bones's character

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

I like this show, I was really just expecting some overly dark MMO-ish show about someone just being evil to do so but I am really surprised at how they handled this.

If this gets a dub skeletor's VA must do Mr. Bones's character

That would rule if his internal and external voices were different.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
English dub better have skeletors voice actor. :colbert:

Myurton
Jan 2, 2004

I <3 Asuka,
omg anime fag
Hrm good episode today.

LN differences:

The only thing I can remember being different is that the human trash mobs had catapults or some type of siege weapon, and it was like some giant ball of rock that Albedo sent flying back at the enemy, not some dinky spell.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

I was wrong. We're actually watching a fantasy-themed Crusader Kings anime.

SkeleDad's just trying to keep the family together and be an alright ruler, while his kids go and conquer the world because they think that's what he wants.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

AfroSquirrel posted:

I was wrong. We're actually watching a fantasy-themed Crusader Kings anime.

SkeleDad's just trying to keep the family together and be an alright ruler, while his kids go and conquer the world because they think that's what he wants.

I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I legit want to see skelekids some day.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

skeledads and skelelads

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Episode four can only be summarized with:

:stwoon:

Also, please don't spoil anything for us unworthy insects who haven't read the manga or novels. :ohdear:

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Ok, so some important concepts in this episode covered in the light novel version but not here:
Relevant quote:

“Activate 『Extreme Holy Strike』!”
A tier of spells that humans could not reach, this was the rank seven spell. Even in the Theocracy large scale rituals could not cast it, but for the highest level Angel, the Dominion of Authority, he alone could cast it, that was the reason they called him the highest level Angel.
The spell that Nigan has ordered to be casted was the rank seven magic 『Extreme Holy Strike』, which was considered to be the ultimate spell.

“I know, I know. Cast it quickly, I won’t do anything. Are you satisfied?”
But Ainz still looked as calm as a pedestrian crossing the road.
This attitude made Nigan feel fear.
This was the highest level Angel that defeated the legendary Demon God. Possessing ultimate strength, this Angel was the strongest existence in the entire continent, and was impossible to defeat.

another quote:
Within Nigan’s knowledge, there were only a few beings able to be on par with the highest level angel’s power.
The six gods that Nigen had placed his faith in.
The strongest of all the dragon race the——Dragon King.

The Legendary monster that was capable of destroying cities——Landfall.
And also——Demon god.
Even hearing that the Demon gods were all sealed by the thirteen heroes. From the look of the pulses of evil from before, that should have been able to release the seals on the Demon god.

Ainz was so apprehensive about the angel because he thought it would be something of a much higher tier, not something that has its strongest attack as a level 7 spell.
He was worried about Seraphim-tier angels appearing.

That item shattering was actually the Dominion using its special skill to enhance the first spell it casts upon being summoned

Ainz has a skill where attacks from creatures level 59 or below cannot hurt him, so the summoned angels did nothing, but the Dominion managed to damage him.

The angel with the mace that was in the back lines for the whole battle was there for a reason: It is a Principality of observation, and it has the passive ability to enhance the defenses of all allies... as long as it stays perfectly still.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In the Manga Albedo doesn't get to shield Ainz and kill that dude who threw an arrow at him, good to add that on the anime.

Myurton
Jan 2, 2004

I <3 Asuka,
omg anime fag

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

In the Manga Albedo doesn't get to shield Ainz and kill that dude who threw an arrow at him, good to add that on the anime.

In the novel it's not an arrow, it's a giant stone from a catapult. So she ends up getting a lot more wtf stares from the "trash mobs". Or at least I remember something about catapults.

edit:
I'm guessing they left that out cause it would be too much money to animate the catapults.

Myurton fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jul 28, 2015

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

Myurton posted:

In the novel it's not an arrow, it's a giant stone from a catapult. So she ends up getting a lot more wtf stares from the "trash mobs".

...no? In my book it says sling, and it's some small metallic projectile. Can't find anything about catapults or stones.

Myurton
Jan 2, 2004

I <3 Asuka,
omg anime fag

darkgray posted:

...no? In my book it says sling, and it's some small metallic projectile. Can't find anything about catapults or stones.

I'm gonna go re-read that part then. I'm probably mixing it up with some other novel I'm currently reading.

edit:
Ah you're right it was only some small iron ball. The name of the skill she used made me think it was a lot bigger. Also iron ball made me think cannon ball.

Albedo, with speed that was nearly impossible to see, raised the long axe held in her hand. Drawing a beautiful faded green trail in the air.
Following that, the men carrying the iron ball fell to the ground.
“... What?”
No one knew what had happened before their eyes. They should be the ones attacking, but they as the attackers are getting beaten down.
One of the men began running to check on his comrades and finding them dead, he shouted:
“Hi-, his head was smashed by the iron ball!”
“... What? The iron ball… wasn’t that the iron ball that was just flying there!?”
Why were they being killed by the iron ball that they just launched?
At this point, the wind carried a voice into Nigan’s ear.
“Terribly sorry, it looks like my subordinate had used the two spells, Anti-missile Shield and Reflect Missile to send it back. It seems that you have casted barriers that resist projectiles, but an attack that is stronger than the defenses will still break through right? No need to be so surprised.

Also those small angels are only from a level 3 spell. So of course they are really super wimpy.

“If you understand, there’s a question I want to ask. The Angels you summoned, you must have used the Level 3 spell [Summon Angel], am I right?”

Myurton fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jul 28, 2015

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

slings are very dangerous!!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

slings are very dangerous!!

Balearic motherfuckers

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009
I see a future of Albedo going on some pretty terrifying killing sprees against people who don't show Skeletor the respects she believes he deserves.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

Myurton posted:

edit:
Ah you're right it was only some small iron ball. The name of the skill she used made me think it was a lot bigger. Also iron ball made me think cannon ball.

"... men ..."

Er, I think the mistranslation was just confusing you. There's just the one guy slinging a projectile, not many. Makes it seem like it'd have to be a larger missile. Always take light novel fan translations with a grain of salt. Overlord is being done JP -> CN -> EN, if I recall correctly.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Duwang method.

Myurton
Jan 2, 2004

I <3 Asuka,
omg anime fag
If I remember correctly all of the floor guardians minus the dark elf twins, are Heteromorphic races, meaning that they have either multiple forms, or a true form. So they are quite literally multi stage boss monsters. The Japanese seem to really love those types of boss monsters, in their RPG's. This is established in the first couple chapters.

Here is a quote from the LN regarding the current episode.

[spoilered for bad translation]
“You lower lifeforms! T-, to dare to do this kind of thing to our most beloved ruler Ainz-sama! To make my favorite and most loved person feel pain, is to not know your own abilities! I absolutely will not forgive you, I will let you taste the most amount of pain you have ever felt until you go mad! Using acid to corrode your four limbs, then cut off your genitals, make them into mincemeat and make you eat them! After that use healing spells to cure you! Ahhhhhhhhhhh! drat! drat drat drat drat, my heart is about to explode!”
The black armor was moving its hands nonstop.
It felt as if the world was distorting with this place as the epicentre, a dizzying sinister aura blew towards them like a storm. Something was squirming under the black full body armor, as if a huge body was about to burst out. Nigan was aware of this, but he could only stand there dumbly, watching the monster that would devour the world break out of its cocoon. There was only one person who can stop Albedo in this world now.

Remember in the second episode we saw that one guy with the tail transform into a lizard like thing and sprout wings, that is part of his secondary form.

Myurton fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jul 28, 2015

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

Oh god, please to stop quoting that. The translation errors are giving me a headache.

Anyway, since this episode pretty much ends vol 1, I guess 12 episodes would see us through volumes 1-3? Unless they pick up the pace now and do 4 volumes in 13 episodes, considering the OP has vol 4 scenes.

With 9 volumes already out, there should be ample material to give us a second season soon, at least. From what I've seen of 2ch, the Japanese audience seems to like it as well.

Myurton
Jan 2, 2004

I <3 Asuka,
omg anime fag
edit:
Opps misread your post.

Anyways yeah I'm hoping that they give this a second season if they can keep up with this level of decent quality.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

darkgray posted:

Oh god, please to stop quoting that. The translation errors are giving me a headache.

Anyway, since this episode pretty much ends vol 1, I guess 12 episodes would see us through volumes 1-3? Unless they pick up the pace now and do 4 volumes in 13 episodes, considering the OP has vol 4 scenes.

With 9 volumes already out, there should be ample material to give us a second season soon, at least. From what I've seen of 2ch, the Japanese audience seems to like it as well.

Please provide the good translation

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

set up the darkgray translation services since you've read every ln

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

Maybe when I've learned English properly.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

darkgray please read and review harem league baseball

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

Davincie posted:

darkgray please read and review harem league baseball

Never heard of it. What kind of work is it? And how good on a scale from 1 to F?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

darkgray posted:

Maybe when I've learned English properly.

Translate it to broken english and I will proofread and take 75% of the credit.

• Locked thread