Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Webbeh posted:

Finally got the Tao event character, and now I get two more right after getting the first.

I have been grinding the poo poo out of the event on hard, got 5 so far. I did it every cool down today, plus a ton yesterday, but I just have crap luck. I did however get enough awakening medals to awaken some rates into super fares which was nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So you can get him on Hard? That's good to know.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I've got two on normal. It's a pretty decent one for farming up awakening medals at least. I've Z Awoken my crappy N dudes because why not.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
+3 Ki on Cyber Tao is a pretty nice leader ability. I got the Kid Gohan up to super level 10 and then realized I already have Int Kid Gohan so the event is probably going to sit on the shelf for a while. Having a lot of fun with this game though. It's really wanting me to play PAD again though.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Nuebot posted:

I've got two on normal. It's a pretty decent one for farming up awakening medals at least. I've Z Awoken my crappy N dudes because why not.

Level 20 Z-Awoken crappy N dudes give like 45,000 training experience, so they're worth it for feeding to better characters; I gave an L20 Z-A Videl to a new Cyborg Tao and it boosted him to like level 20. He's already way stronger than my L25 SR Cui, who is about as useless in this game as he was in the cartoon.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I'll probably do that once I start replacing dudes, but for now they wreck everything I'm fighting. My Z awoken Chaotzu with like four super levels can almost one shot cyber tao with his special. Or maybe he can, I don't know he never goes first.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Nuebot posted:

I'll probably do that once I start replacing dudes, but for now they wreck everything I'm fighting. My Z awoken Chaotzu with like four super levels can almost one shot cyber tao with his special. Or maybe he can, I don't know he never goes first.

My super level 10 Kid Gohan from the event does almost 30k damage to Cyber Tao on Hard. It's insane.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I wish I had a place on my team for Kid Gohan, but both my really stellar pulls from early on are greens- SSR Super Saiyan Vegeta and SR>SSR Z-Awakened 17.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

New Leaf posted:

I wish I had a place on my team for Kid Gohan, but both my really stellar pulls from early on are greens- SSR Super Saiyan Vegeta and SR>SSR Z-Awakened 17.

Just so you know, that Kid Gohan's leader skill is TEQ (green) type ATK increased by 20% :black101:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

New Story event replacing the Gohan one will let you get R Nappa and R Vegeta, presumably also farmable but it's not active yet so not totally sure.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Petiso posted:

Just so you know, that Kid Gohan's leader skill is TEQ (green) type ATK increased by 20% :black101:

The major problem with that is that on a non-gimmick team (I.E. my Z-Fighter all TEQ one) running 3 of one type is a liability. I was trying that with Vegeta and SR Burter and SR Goku and had major issues until I balanced my team out (leaving two AGI). I think a lot of that was Goku and Vegeta had very few links, so they sort of gimped any row they were on. If I got all three in a row? No buffs and getting wrecked by TEQ guys.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

You don't need to beat Tao on all difficulties to unlock the ability for him to drop, do you?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

You don't need to beat Tao on all difficulties to unlock the ability for him to drop, do you?

Nope. He's a random drop on any difficulty, presumably more common on higher ones.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Kelp Plankton posted:

New Story event replacing the Gohan one will let you get R Nappa and R Vegeta, presumably also farmable but it's not active yet so not totally sure.

It isn't farmable, you get them at specific points in the story, one time on each difficulty.

e -> I think you can still get them up to 5 or 6 special attack anyways, which is nothing to sneeze at.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

It isn't farmable, you get them at specific points in the story, one time on each difficulty.

e -> I think you can still get them up to 5 or 6 special attack anyways, which is nothing to sneeze at.

Interesting. I'm excited for a new mission that isn't X-HARD, I'm high enough level to have easily finished the Hard missions but wipe pretty easily on the X-HARD missions.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

No, he's just really rare. I'm not noticing any difference in drop rates on Hard or Normal to be honest so I'm just farming normal because it's faster. Maybe the hardest difficulty has a better drop rate but I get wrecked there.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Nuebot posted:

No, he's just really rare. I'm not noticing any difference in drop rates on Hard or Normal to be honest so I'm just farming normal because it's faster. Maybe the hardest difficulty has a better drop rate but I get wrecked there.

I also get wrecked on Z-Hard or whatever, but I farm hard due to the better rarity capsules and the better rank Exp. I have been doing his mission alone for the past few days and have yet to see him drop today :(

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I don't farm Hard because it's basically 50/50 if I win or lose without using items right now depending on when he uses his super move. If he uses it one one of my blue dudes no problem, if he decides to spam it on the few turns there are no blue guys to absorb it then I'm boned.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Welp I finished the story and summoned all the shenrons. I guess I'll finish everything on Hard now and save stones for when something past SSR comes out?

Perpetual Ascent
Feb 24, 2008

His haunts are not confined to the valley, but extend at times to the adjacent roads...
Does SR Cyborg Tao kinda blow or is it just me? His Leader skill is okay, but if you already have that role filled he's kinda lackluster. I wanted him to replace my R Tien but he's pretty much the same. One thing I do like about him is he has a link with SR Dodoria.

I wanna farm him some more before the event is up, but am I right in saying that farming and training him will only make his Super more powerful? His overall battle performance is still gonna be on the weak side, I think.

Oh well. Worse was spending near 50 stones for the new SSR Gohan and not getting it. :smith:

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
SR Cyborg Tao isn't the best, but he's my first red. And kicking rad.

zelah posted:

Welp I finished the story and summoned all the shenrons. I guess I'll finish everything on Hard now and save stones for when something past SSR comes out?

Yes, this should be the easiest thing to do and should level you up pretty well.

Perpetual Ascent
Feb 24, 2008

His haunts are not confined to the valley, but extend at times to the adjacent roads...
And I just used a Vegeta from the last event and found out that he and Cyborg Tao have a link. Nooooooooo, I farmed that poo poo all loving day and didn't get him once. :negative:

e: Another new event was just announced through the News panel. Starts 7/30. The obtainable character is SR Jackie Chun, and I'm pretty sure it's a chance drop unlike the Vegeta/Nappa event starting soon.

Perpetual Ascent fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jul 28, 2015

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Perpetual Ascent posted:

Does SR Cyborg Tao kinda blow or is it just me? His Leader skill is okay, but if you already have that role filled he's kinda lackluster. I wanted him to replace my R Tien but he's pretty much the same. One thing I do like about him is he has a link with SR Dodoria.

I wanna farm him some more before the event is up, but am I right in saying that farming and training him will only make his Super more powerful? His overall battle performance is still gonna be on the weak side, I think.

Oh well. Worse was spending near 50 stones for the new SSR Gohan and not getting it. :smith:

My alternative is a Z-awakened Rare Krillin. I'm drowning in Agi stuff, but I'm getting shafted on Str and Int.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I wonder if the game will let me use Master Roshi and Jackie Chun on the same team.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

I wonder if the game will let me use Master Roshi and Jackie Chun on the same team.

Holy gently caress I can't wait for him. He'll totally take the Tao spot.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

you should use this guy too, kelp

best use of 5 stones so far!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I wonder how good those R Vegeta and Nappa are going to be. I have an SR TEQ and an R STR Nappa and they're pretty soild and we all know about the SR event Vegeta.

Also got a R Spopovich. Why is there an R Spopovich? I mean, he has Brutal Beatdown and Tough as Nails, so heck yeah, but still, why?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Echophonic posted:

I wonder how good those R Vegeta and Nappa are going to be. I have an SR TEQ and an R STR Nappa and they're pretty soild and we all know about the SR event Vegeta.

Also got a R Spopovich. Why is there an R Spopovich? I mean, he has Brutal Beatdown and Tough as Nails, so heck yeah, but still, why?

Babidi teams will probably be a thing later on when we inevitably get Buu, Dabura, and Majin Vegeta.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
I have dumped like five stamina bars into the tao event and haven't got him yet.

I just want a robotman :smithcloud:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I kind of like Tao because he has a link with Chaotsu and Tien who I still use.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

This Monday awakening event is an easy way to level up common greens and feed them to better characters. Every enemy is blue, so a green team will dominate. If you have a few heavy hitters (like that Kid Gohan that everybody spoof get and level his super attack to 10 because it takes basically no worry) then you can fill the rest of the team with garbage greens and still cruise through Hard.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Shine posted:

This Monday awakening event is an easy way to level up common greens and feed them to better characters. Every enemy is blue, so a green team will dominate. If you have a few heavy hitters (like that Kid Gohan that everybody spoof get and level his super attack to 10 because it takes basically no worry) then you can fill the rest of the team with garbage greens and still cruise through Hard.

That kid gohan is my biggest hitter by far, doing upwards of 24-40k on a super. Pants-shittingly amazing!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Nuebot posted:

I kind of like Tao because he has a link with Chaotsu and Tien who I still use.

He links with Raditz too, and I happened to get a SR Phy of him. Strangely, I also had a SR Phy Vegeta, and Raditz's raw stats were head and shoulders beyond Vegeta's.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
New strike incoming:

New event incoming:

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Wow, I am bad at catching swypos at bedtime.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

This game really needs some sort of achievement system like Dragon Blaze or something. I'm in the last set of levels on Hard, so I'm running out of options to get new Dragon Stones. I wish you'd get stone or money payouts for hitting different rank milestones or getting X number of Super Rares or something, just to keep it all flowing.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

New Leaf posted:

This game really needs some sort of achievement system like Dragon Blaze or something. I'm in the last set of levels on Hard, so I'm running out of options to get new Dragon Stones. I wish you'd get stone or money payouts for hitting different rank milestones or getting X number of Super Rares or something, just to keep it all flowing.

There's always Z-HARD.

Or the events.

I wasted all my stones from completing Hard. :(

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Webbeh posted:

There's always Z-HARD.

Or the events.

I wasted all my stones from completing Hard. :(

I've done 2 levels of Z-Hard and it takes a TON of healing poo poo and buffs, so not worth it. I plan on using Jackie Chun rather than Tao, but I'm farming Tao on Hard because it's easy and I can usually get some supports out of it.

Also, with today's seal event, I've farmed enough for 4/5 of my SSR Vegeta's Awakenings.. Just need to get a Supreme Kai (and a fuckload of Zeni)

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

New Leaf posted:

I've done 2 levels of Z-Hard and it takes a TON of healing poo poo and buffs, so not worth it. I plan on using Jackie Chun rather than Tao, but I'm farming Tao on Hard because it's easy and I can usually get some supports out of it.

Also, with today's seal event, I've farmed enough for 4/5 of my SSR Vegeta's Awakenings.. Just need to get a Supreme Kai (and a fuckload of Zeni)

I have Z-Awakenings for all my characters. Just have to farm zeni to afford it. 500,000 for each is quite annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Webbeh posted:

I have Z-Awakenings for all my characters. Just have to farm zeni to afford it. 500,000 for each is quite annoying.

Do you have a favorite place for that, or do you just hit Hercule over and over on the weekends?