Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Namtab posted:

A lot of the time spoilers are meaningless without the journey that leads to it.

Yes, snape kills dumbledore, but what led to that point?
I agree with this.

It's a dick move to just throw spoilers out there, but I don't think it does irreparable damage or anything. Knowing who the killer was in advance in no way lessened my enjoyment of Persona 4.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Endorph posted:

there was a dude in the virtue's last reward lp thread who quoted every single person who was wrong with their speculation once the reveal happened

People who do that with lps are weird, as are the people who pretend to speculate when they clearly know the answer already.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wow those 60 pages of posts after the show ended are probably fantastic.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Endorph posted:

there was a dude in the virtue's last reward lp thread who quoted every single person who was wrong with their speculation once the reveal happened
I was going to do this in the Drakengard 3 thread but only for one person's post because their post was really funny to me.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The thing that is really wrong to spoil, imo, is a thing's big twist

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bad Seafood posted:

I agree with this.

It's a dick move to just throw spoilers out there, but I don't think it does irreparable damage or anything. Knowing who the killer was in advance in no way lessened my enjoyment of Persona 4.

The player also can figure it out in like 10 hours which is pretty intentional I think and I didn't mind.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

In Training posted:

Here's a funny rear end idea for a YouTube video I just had: Napoleon Dynamite dancing scene but he's dancing to Groovin' Magic

you're right

http://www.youdubber.com/index.php?video=TcWPiHjIExA&video_start=34&audio=xm1JuYGNalQ&audio_start=0

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The gakkou gurashi thread is a good example of spoiler tags used well, last I checked

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

Boogie I was disappointed in your Week 153 submission.

Expect biting criticism once I have escaped from the snares of the Long Walk.

:ohdear:

i was disappointed in it too and will await the oncoming slobberknocker of a crit that will knock me out of the ring

kayfabe means that you have to turn everything into a wrestling metaphor right

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Ha ha I forgot about the racism tangent.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
There's no way that Jojo thread isn't filled to the brim with AIDS.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

quote:

I guess it would've been fine to say that Dio is on the dark side, but Joestars being on "the light side" sounds kinda dumb. It's just unfortunate that comparing black and white to evil and good is so loaded in English.

lol

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

What is context

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

dmboogie posted:

:ohdear:

i was disappointed in it too and will await the oncoming slobberknocker of a crit that will knock me out of the ring

kayfabe means that you have to turn everything into a wrestling metaphor right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77aLI1FOdXw

You are the Andre the Giant to my Hulk Hogan in this video.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

K. Flaps posted:

There's no way that Jojo thread isn't filled to the brim with AIDS.

I made some hella good posts in it, very sparingly. But it's probably the worst thread in this forum.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Bad Seafood posted:

I agree with this.

u spoiled me on the killer

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

In Training posted:

I made some hella good posts in it, very sparingly. But it's probably the worst thread in this forum.

Thank you for trying.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77aLI1FOdXw

You are the Andre the Giant to my Hulk Hogan in this video.

So I'm dead and you've been disowned by the WWE

Sounds about right

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

In Training posted:

It's filled with failtards who don't watch any other anime

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Also JoJo fans are slowly becoming the bronies of the anime community...hosed up but factual.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Also JoJo fans are slowly becoming the bronies of the anime community...hosed up but factual.

That's been true ever since the anime started.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Also JoJo fans are slowly becoming the bronies of the anime community

Ibram Gaunt posted:

...hosed up but factual.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

here's the one post in the JoJo thread I remember being hella funny:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
It's okay to like things even if dumb people also like those things imo

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'd say more like Homestuck fans because bronies don't proselytize on their poo poo much.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I'd say more like Homestuck fans because bronies don't proselytize on their poo poo much.

That's a better way of putting it yeah.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

How do you know the word proselytize but don't know the past form of make isn't maked?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Enough! JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is fantastic, and I refuse to have normie fuckers upset others enjoyment!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

K. Flaps posted:

How do you know the word proselytize but don't know the past form of make isn't maked?

Et tu Flaps?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Sorry, didn't mean to mock you.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

jojo's is poo poo now

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its been ruined

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

The Jojo anime was an effective advertisement for the manga which we are now getting more of so I'm satisfied.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

In Training posted:

Enough! JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is fantastic, and I refuse to have normie fuckers upset others enjoyment!

This. Let's slaughter them.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

This. Let's slaughter them.

Let's assrape them to death.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
If you don't like Jojo's because dumb people also like it, I hope you can endure your life where you are also not allowed to like Dragon Ball, NGE, or pretty much any video game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
:yikes:

• Locked thread