Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

They also have an award named after the Ultimate Warrior, a man who famously told people that "Queering don't make the world go round" among other racist and homophobic stuff.

But really, the point I was trying to make is that the WWE probably doesn't care if someone is a racist or murderer as long as they don't make the company look bad.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Hogan and the WWE patched things up a couple of years down the line after everyone forgot about this as long as Vince thinks he can make some money off of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Blockhouse posted:

are you okay

hoobajoo posted:

buster wolf

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rhonne posted:

Vince thinks he can make some money off of him.

I guess at the end of the day that's all that it is

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Vince don't see no color (except for green).

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
We have an early podcast.

http://superbestfriendsplay.com/podcast/sbfc-103-this-must-be-the-work-of-an-enemy-stand/
https://youtu.be/G5niq28GWmM

Watch the preview video.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
lmbo if you dont think all the wrestlemen from the 70s and 80s were bigots of one kind or another. the hulkster just got outted because someone secretly recorded him running wild over some skeeze and when hes in his intimate moments he cant help but think of his daughter

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Commissar Ken posted:

That's Wrestlemania 3. Wrestlemania 1 features Mr. T valiantly facing off against Roddy Piper and Paul Orndorff in a handicap match.

Rhonne posted:

That'll be one hell of a revision considering the Andre bodyslam happened at Wrestlemania 3! :goonsay:

God drat it. I knew I was going to make that mistake eventually. I knew Hogan was in it, but got the events mixed up. Wrestlemania 1 had Tito Santana and The Executioner as the opening match. I'll never forget that because I used to rent wrestling show VHS tapes from the video store on occasion.

SummerSlam '91's A Match Made In Heaven and a Match Made In Hell, anyone?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

lmbo if you dont think all the wrestlemen from the 70s and 80s were bigots of one kind or another. the hulkster just got outted because someone secretly recorded him running wild over some skeeze and when hes in his intimate moments he cant help but think of his daughter

There was nothing 'secret' about the recording.

He was loving his best friend's wife, and HE'S THE ONE THAT SET UP THE CAMERA FOR THEM. He's in one of the videos at the start going 'alright, it's ready, have fun you guys' and then leaving the room afterwards.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Good job on Liam immediately burying Pat's anti-Holo propaganda and Woolie's Gangsta obsession.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Dexie posted:

There was nothing 'secret' about the recording.

He was loving his best friend's wife, and HE'S THE ONE THAT SET UP THE CAMERA FOR THEM. He's in one of the videos at the start going 'alright, it's ready, have fun you guys' and then leaving the room afterwards.

far be it from me to defend the honor of hulk loving hogan but he maintains that he didnt know he was gonna be filmed loving his friends wife, only that he had his friends blessing to smash her out. in fact he sued the dude for invasion of privacy and settled out of court, then the dude apologized and stated that the hulkster was unaware it was being filmed. hey maybe it was all a big setup and he was in on it but as it stands now, youre loving wrong so eat it :c00lbert:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

That stand

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

After seeing episode 4 of life is strange start to finish I hope they marathon it and upload all the parts in a single day because holy poo poo that game suddenly got outstanding.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Do they mention the Street Fighter V beta being rocky, or did the Podcast Curse strike again?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

A good poster posted:

Do they mention the Street Fighter V beta being rocky, or did the Podcast Curse strike again?

I can't imagine them NOT mentioning it due to Woolie's unbridled excitement for it.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I can't imagine them NOT mentioning it due to Woolie's unbridled excitement for it.

Plus, Pat getting up on Max's stream when V was making GBS threads the bed. Third Strike resulted. It was pretty great.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Have they played Vampire Savior at any point in fistifcuffs? I feel like that woulda been a gimme, but for some reason I feel like they never actually touched those games.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I love that Third Strike is just the placeholder game now. If something doesn't work, gently caress it, let's just play Third Strike.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I watched a Japanese stream of momochi and mago using cammy and it was just a straight minute of failing to punish each other's cannon strikes with their own cannon strikes. Momochi used v trigger just to give himself an extra second to confirm. It's pretty nuts.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
kind of disappointed that the sbfpcast devil's third discussion basically boiled down to liam saying the game is fine because of mechanics that may not actually be in it anymore

on the bright side brown note is a valuable addition to the lore

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

kind of disappointed that the sbfpcast devil's third discussion basically boiled down to liam saying the game is fine because of mechanics that may not actually be in it anymore

It wouldn't even be a particularly weird stand on the Jojo scale with the later parts.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

After seeing episode 4 of life is strange start to finish I hope they marathon it and upload all the parts in a single day because holy poo poo that game suddenly got outstanding.

Yup, just finished it. I can already hear a lot of HOLY SHITs in the air.
And the gameplay was really fun, too.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wait it's already out? gently caress me, I'm at orientation and can't play it for like seven hours.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Beef Chief posted:

Have they played Vampire Savior at any point in fistifcuffs? I feel like that woulda been a gimme, but for some reason I feel like they never actually touched those games.

Played the Darkstalkers rerelease one night during a shitstorm.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I completely forgot about that and I even watched it.

Warren
Aug 9, 2009

What the-

Andrast posted:

It wouldn't even be a particularly weird stand on the Jojo scale with the later parts.

Listening to this podcast at work was the worst idea I've ever had because twice now my manager has looked over and seen me struggling and failing to smother my grin

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Warren posted:

Listening to this podcast at work was the worst idea I've ever had because twice now my manager has looked over and seen me struggling and failing to smother my grin

youre not allowed to smile at work?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

youre not allowed to smile at work?
Not when you work for the morgue at the children's hospital.

Warren
Aug 9, 2009

What the-

The Kins posted:

Not when you work for the morgue at the children's hospital.

Helpdesk, where dreams go to die.

Also I don't know if it's just me or does the podcasts feel like they have a super weird filter on it? I don't know it's it's my headphones or what but it sounds like they have the Protoss voice filter or something.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Warren posted:

Also I don't know if it's just me or does the podcasts feel like they have a super weird filter on it? I don't know it's it's my headphones or what but it sounds like they have the Protoss voice filter or something.

The Woolie Hole is actually a cloaked Pylon. Or something something Protoss,because my Starcraft lore knowledge is lacking.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jul 28, 2015

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

Warren posted:

He switched over to mono a while ago for smaller file size. Maybe it's that?

ChumpsForChange
Jun 2, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

Listening to that actually kind of made me appreciate lovely games journalists. In the very near future when all that remains is YouTube personalities talking passionately about their hobby, it's gonna be a lot of that Devils Third discussion. You need the guy who has to write three other reviews glancing at a thing for five minutes and calling poo poo poo poo.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I liked Liam's pronunciation of "Lattices" the best.

Also hope that Stand poo poo gets animated, everything about that discussion was the best.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Warren posted:

I feel your pain. I just got out of a helpdesk position of almost four years. I could feel my soul withering away by the end of it.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Phantasium posted:

I liked Liam's pronunciation of "Lattices" the best.

Also hope that Stand poo poo gets animated, everything about that discussion was the best.

I was driving in traffic and laughing my rear end off the whole way. It must have looked manic. On the plus side, that was my impetus to start watch Jojo from the beginning tonight.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Did anyone notice the whiny comments accusing Matt of being paid off regarding Godzilla? How full of poo poo are those people? Just because Angry Joe's a hack fraud doesn't mean every semi-popular person on the 'Net who talks about vidya gams is a hack fraud. Christ.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I love how Matt was completely upfront about Namco giving him a copy of the game, and yet this is somehow a reason to drat him.

As I recall this is hardly the first game they've been given by a publisher, either. I think it was Revengeance that they were going to get a review copy of (that actually got to them too late to be helpful)?

*This post brought to by the Xbox One, the All-In-One Entertainment Console

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
They've gotten review/preview code for a bunch of Kickstarter things too, they've always been pretty up front about disclosing that sort of stuff.

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
Pat got monster hunter 4 early.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They did a preview video of Pat playing Dying Light. Quietest 3+ million seller ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
The Polnareff fan fiction is probably the funniest poo poo ever. Pun accidental, but approved of regardless.

Blockhouse posted:

No but the Ouya is fine, though. They only need to change the menu colors, it's fine.