Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Punk would most likely lose all his matches and end up with a hosed up face, but he would most likely stick with MMA if he actually cares.

There's no way he'd be in the octagon with any credible person for his first few matches anyway. The idea of him moving into commentary sounds good. He can talk and he's obviously eager to learn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Put Rogan and Punk together. Punk can continue to not smoke any weed because Joe will smoke any an all weed in a sixteen mile radius. It's a natural synergy.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Punk would probably get the mother of all contact highs just from inhaling some of Rogan's carbon dioxide.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Yuriy posted:

Just because BJJ is the only thing Punk knows doesn't mean it's the only thing that exists

It's hard to say that he knows it, too. I know he says that he's a whitebelt for life or whatever, but it seems kind of damning that he's a white belt in the BJJ affliation that gives out blue belts over the internet to people who have never rolled before.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

1st AD posted:

looks like they're just working stiff and not actually shooting

oh no I know it's not a shoot, it's just really funny seeing Kane work like that

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Punk learned to fight from Al Bundy and Al beat up basically everybody (except fat women at the shoe store).

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQwepCDNl94 Punk on commentary is amazing I don't care.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jul 28, 2015

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

CM Punk was a top entertainer putting on four-five live performances a week for like 15 years I think he'll be ok if they stick him in on commentary.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Commentating sports is really loving hard, I don't think you guys appreciate that. It's why Goldie got all of one shot in the NFL before being cast away, and that's a man with a hell of a lot more broadcasting experience than CM Punk, or Joe Rogan for that matter.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Please stop fantasy booking.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

IcePhoenix posted:

CM Punk was a top entertainer putting on four-five live performances a week for like 15 years I think he'll be ok if they stick him in on commentary.

one has nothing to do with the other.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
hulk hogan said hte n word

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Skip My Posts posted:

hulk hogan said hte n word

I'm sure he'll be a great commentator in the UFC

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
He's a big fan of Dana White.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

-Atom- posted:

Seriously. He was a good pro wrestler and entertaining therefore he would be a good mma commentator? Maybe the play by play guy can be Ric Flair.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Ty1990 posted:

Seriously. He was a good pro wrestler and entertaining therefore he would be a good mma commentator? Maybe the play by play guy can be Ric Flair.

I would watch this

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Theres blood all over the octagon but its all Flairs.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Punk and Flair would be an amazing commentary table you're right Ty1990

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Ty1990 posted:

I see nothing wrong with this.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ty1990 posted:

Terrible comparison because there's no way that wouldn't rule

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

-Atom- posted:

You think this but if commentary is boring it doesn't matter if they're accurate because none of the casual fans (and probably a lot of non-casual fans) are going to notice if you don't perfectly identify a move or strategy.

Also I assume if they use him as a commentator it would be more along the lines of an analyst desk thing and not actual pbp/color.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
He'd look even more terribly out of place as an analyst. We have here former champ Rashad Evans, 3 time fight of the nighter and WEC champ Brian Stann, former freestyle champion and current UFC champion Daniel Cormier, and uh grown man with Pepsi tattoo CM Punk

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Detroit_Dogg posted:

He'd look even more terribly out of place as an analyst. We have here former champ Rashad Evans, 3 time fight of the nighter and WEC champ Brian Stann, former freestyle champion and current UFC champion Daniel Cormier, and uh grown man with Pepsi tattoo CM Punk
you're my favorite

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Grown man, Chick Magnet Punk Phillip Brooks

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Your former heavyweight champion had a dick tattooed on his chest.

Mine just has his tattooed all over the internet.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jul 28, 2015

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bubba Smith posted:

Things that won't happen:

CM Punk becoming a UFC broadcaster

Things that will happen:

CM Punk becoming UFC president

If Dana doesn't learn how to shut his drunken mouth, this could easily happen.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Steve Austin seems to have done fine transitioning to being a podcaster/B-list television host, I don't think it'd be that unreasonable to expect Punk to do something similar once he's done being punched in the head and face. He doesn't have to be technically brilliant at it as long as he's charismatic and people are willing to watch his poo poo.

Also it can involve choking juggalos or not choking juggalos, but I think we all know where the money's at

FullLeatherJacket fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jul 28, 2015

cams
Mar 28, 2003

cm punk is really good at making people have strong feelings about him

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I hope CM Punk has the MMA equivalent of this match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVPe5VPLCac

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

and MMA commentating has suddenly become an elite tier activity. ok.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

coconono posted:

and MMA commentating has suddenly become an elite tier activity. ok.

so is being a talking head on those panels no one gives a gently caress about apparently

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

A t-shirt? How unprofessional. Please dress for the job you have.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

He was in an episode of Ballers with Dwayne The Rock Johnson, which gives him pretty similar credentials of you think about it

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

I mean, I'm pretty sure that The CM Punk MMA Hour where he does nothing but hang out at Joanna Jedrzejczyk's house and make arts and crafts would still do better ratings than TNA

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Such great heights

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

Street Horrrsing posted:

Art Jimmerson makes his triumphant return to the octagon. Disturbingly plausible.
Bring back Fred Ettish. Then bet your house on Fred.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

apparently punk offered to be on tuf to get in

gently caress them for robbing us of that

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

I think people forget that UFC is a money making venture first and pro-wrestling second, sports competition is third.

If your golden goose might only lay one egg, you don't give it away on free tv.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Team_q posted:

I think people forget that UFC is a money making venture first and pro-wrestling second, sports competition is third.

If your golden goose might only lay one egg, you don't give it away on free tv.

Again, the money maker is the television series they are building around punks journey. Anything after that is gravy. I wouldn't be surprised if fox is picking up the production costs on that. Punk will make them a lot of money regardless of how people watch his first fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

FullLeatherJacket posted:

I mean, I'm pretty sure that The CM Punk MMA Hour where he does nothing but hang out at Joanna Jedrzejczyk's house and make arts and crafts would still do better ratings than TNA

stuff shown on PSP-tv.com does better ratings than TNA.

Punk could replace Rogan for all I care. Actually, wait. Do this. gently caress Joe Rogan.

• Locked thread