Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Tulo for Reyes? :wth:

http://www.si.com/mlb/2015/07/28/troy-tulowitzki-blue-jays-rockies-jose-reyes-trade?xid=si_social

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Did Vincent Velazquez lose his spot in the rotation when Kazmir came in? He got an inning of relief a couple days ago and if it's a permanent move I could use that roster spot for streaming.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy

IcePhoenix posted:

Did Vincent Velazquez lose his spot in the rotation when Kazmir came in? He got an inning of relief a couple days ago and if it's a permanent move I could use that roster spot for streaming.

Yes, he is in the bullpen for now. He could get some spot starts or starts late in the year since McCullers is likely on an IP limit but VV is out of the rotation for the near future.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Rand alPaul posted:

I am guessing Osuna is out as closer for the Jays, or is LaTroy going to be a setup guy?

I'm watching it closely, but I keep thinking 2 things:

1. Latroy Hawkins is only signed through the end of 2015.

2. Latroy Hawkins Sucks.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

also, he is 42 years old.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

weas posted:

Yes, he is in the bullpen for now. He could get some spot starts or starts late in the year since McCullers is likely on an IP limit but VV is out of the rotation for the near future.

Thanks

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
OK, I am going to need to clear 2 or 3 roster spots for these DL guys. I want Garcia on the bump tonight so have to drop someone today. Also, traded Vogt for Lance Lynn, complete just waiting on the transfer of goods.

I have my own ideas but don't want to bias anything, any advice is greatly appreciated!

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
I'd drop Peralta for sure and either Latos or Gonzalez.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

weas posted:

I'd drop Peralta for sure and either Latos or Gonzalez.

Ya, that is why I said 2 or 3. I'll just leave him on the DL. Was going to drop Gonzalez, but someone is going to scoop him up, but no time for a trade, this is a first place series going on this week!

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
Does anyone know if Matt Harvey or Noah Syndergaard will be on an inning limit this year?

I have both on my team but I might try and trade them if they will be sitting out in September during our playoffs(non-keeper league).

I would of course want to do this before they start mentioning it in every little 'new update' blurb next to the player's names in ESPN.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Well...Syndergaard is less than 30IP away from his career high. I'd imagine they will either cap him or extend the rotation to preserve all the arms. Neither is great down the stretch.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I'm out of it this year, but could possibly make a push to be in the money. I just traded away Jose Berrios and Henry Owens from my farm system in my AL only dynasty league. I got enough FAAB $ back to outbid everyone else for Cueto or Tulo or whoever else comes over. I don't actually want to do that, I want the guys I just surpassed in FAAB to each blow their wads on Cueto and Tulo (who will then be too expensive to keep next year) So I can get whoever else (Hamels!?!) comes over at a manageable $.

Am I over-thinking this?

Also, someone just dropped Jimmy Paredes to waivers - how much should I bid on him?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Drew Storen owners just got papelboned. :mad:

lost a perfectly good closer for no good reason.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jul 29, 2015

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

ChiTownEddie posted:

Well...Syndergaard is less than 30IP away from his career high. I'd imagine they will either cap him or extend the rotation to preserve all the arms. Neither is great down the stretch.

If the Mets are in the playoff hunt, no way will they cap his innings.

Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

Wow, Bob, wow. Fire walk with me.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Drew Storen owners just got papelboned. :mad:

lost a perfectly good closer for no good reason.

I'm with you. He was part of a trade I was in earlier this year. Well...maybe his stats were shaky enough, let's see:

1.73 ERA 1.02 WHIP 29SV 44 K in 36 IP

Yep, definitely not closer material, Nats.

On a more positive note, Sonny Gray :syoon:

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
There's this thing called the 8th inning where relief pitchers also pitch. And Storen has had 1 good year as closer after a history of not being so good there at times. Papelbon is one of the best and most consistent closers of all time.

Schweinhund fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jul 29, 2015

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Ratedargh posted:

I started Gray and Syndergaard last night, it's beautiful. :allears:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Schweinhund posted:

There's this thing called the 8th inning where relief pitchers also pitch.

Yeah and unless you're putting up like Wade Davis numbers anyone who does is fantasy irrelevant unless you're in a holds or super deep league.

Jdubs
May 1, 2007

Ratedargh posted:

I'm with you. He was part of a trade I was in earlier this year. Well...maybe his stats were shaky enough, let's see:

1.73 ERA 1.02 WHIP 29SV 44 K in 36 IP

Yep, definitely not closer material, Nats.

Would love to agree with you but...not in October.

Exhibit A:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mlm9vmLNbM
Exhibit B: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKORG3EWvis

Edit- Granted, Desmond is terrible and probably should have had that grounder, but at this point Storen is damaged goods in high pressure situations.

Jdubs fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jul 29, 2015

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah and unless you're putting up like Wade Davis numbers anyone who does is fantasy irrelevant unless you're in a holds or super deep league.

You guys are talking past each other. Yes Storen owners got screwed, but the Nats don't care about our fantasy teams. They care about winning games, so adding Paps is a great move for them.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Pussy Boss posted:

You guys are talking past each other. Yes Storen owners got screwed, but the Nats don't care about our fantasy teams. They care about winning games, so adding Paps is a great move for them.

Keep your real world logic to the N/V thread it has no place in my fantasy baseball :colbert:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

:siren: Schwarber is playing left field today (for the first time in the majors, I think?). If you benched him with Lester on the mound, get him back in there.

Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

Keep your real world logic to the N/V thread it has no place in my fantasy baseball :colbert:

That and Storen, I think, is justified in being miffed, too.

But yes, my fantasy team is taking precedent here. :colbert:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
With how many innings Betances was pitching early this season his Holds got me quite a few wins

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

Kershaw might be scratched from his start tonight :ohdear:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

JackssWastedLife posted:

Kershaw might be scratched from his start tonight :ohdear:

:siren: #HUGWATCH? :siren:

if you needed this spoiler to tell you I was being sarcastic then I feel bad for you

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

IcePhoenix posted:

:siren: #HUGWATCH? :siren:

if you needed this spoiler to tell you I was being sarcastic then I feel bad for you

gotta make room for Mat Latos somehow.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Lindor on the bench for a dong and 4 ribs :(

BUT, KKKKKluber, hope he goes back out for the 9th, but only if he gives up no runs. 4 hit SO on the line....

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Got offered

Send Noah Syndergaard, NYM SP

Receive Jason Kipnis, Cle 2B
Receive Kelvin Herrera, KC RP
Receive Jake McGee, TB RP
Receive Scott Kazmir, Hou SP

But this is a keeper league and Syndergaard is as cheap as can be ($6 to keep and a $270 budget.) and none of the other guys are. I have to reluctantly say no, as I already have decent 2B but this made me think a while.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Who do you have playing 2B for you because uhhhhh

Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

Give: Votto, Piscotty, Jaime Garcia

Get: CarGo, Kenley Jansen, Yordano Ventura

Should I try to get a better option than Ventura from this or is this a decent trade as it is? I can slide Joey Bats into 1B in place of Votto.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Senf posted:

Who do you have playing 2B for you because uhhhhh

I have Prado platooning with Cesar Hernandez and Jace Peterson on matchups and I have been pretty happy with that. I really do not want to trade Thor :(

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
This week for my fantasy team owns.

1st in Wins, ERA, WHIP, and K's, and dead last in every single offensive category except for runs, where I am second to last.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

kensei posted:

I have Prado platooning with Cesar Hernandez and Jace Peterson on matchups and I have been pretty happy with that. I really do not want to trade Thor :(

I suppose it depends on where you are in the standings this year and if you want to go for it. I'd probably hold on to Noah, too, but Kipnis has been a monster all season (but has cooled off considerably in July). It also depends on who you would have to drop for the three other dudes, so yeah. Trades that large and one-sided (in terms of total players exchanged) are weird.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Senf posted:

I suppose it depends on where you are in the standings this year and if you want to go for it. I'd probably hold on to Noah, too, but Kipnis has been a monster all season (but has cooled off considerably in July). It also depends on who you would have to drop for the three other dudes, so yeah. Trades that large and one-sided (in terms of total players exchanged) are weird.

I'm in second, it's a head to head league, but I just got curb stomped by the first place team. He's averaging about 20% more points than anyone else this season, so I'm hesitant to trade Thor for this season when next will be a more level playing field. And, as you say, the other guys I am picking up in this proposed trade are not total no-brainer upgrades for me...

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

kensei posted:

I'm in second, it's a head to head league, but I just got curb stomped by the first place team. He's averaging about 20% more points than anyone else this season, so I'm hesitant to trade Thor for this season when next will be a more level playing field. And, as you say, the other guys I am picking up in this proposed trade are not total no-brainer upgrades for me...

I'd do it if you thought you had a chance to compete this season, but Thor's a great keeper at that price and if you're not going to win then it's not in your best interest to make a short-term move.

Also, hi!

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Too early to drop Conforto again? I feel like he's going to struggle, but then again I don't want to drop him and have him produce for another owner. I got Syndergaard that way and I imagine the guy who dropped him isn't very happy.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
GO RANGERS

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I know I should drop Jim Johnson for Vizcaino, but it's hard to pull the trigger before the trade is official.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Poque posted:

Also, hi!

Hey man! I miss Survivor :)

• Locked thread