Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
I'd keep kelce and Charles then try to trade Charles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Gonna see what I can get for AJ Green, Dez Bryant and Kelvin Benjamin. The more I think about it, the more I really like Kelce costing me pretty much nothing.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Prophecy120 posted:

As someone who is pretty dead-set on waiting as long as possible on QBs, can anyone talk me out of drafting Eli Manning or Ryan Tannehill? 4 point passing league.

They are both underrated QBs from last year (#9 and #10 in QB ranking on ESPN standard leagues), both have more weapons than they did last year, and both are going well into the 100's. Manning now has a full year of Odel Beckham making one handed TD catches and Tannehill has his legs for an extra 40 to 60 rushing yards a game. I think the risk of either of them busting is well worth the ADP. Thoughts?

Are you in an ESPN league? Remember that ESPN standard is -2 points for interceptions, while Yahoo and others do -1. If you're in ESPN I think that marginally devalues Eli, because he's interception-prone.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

Are you in an ESPN league? Remember that ESPN standard is -2 points for interceptions, while Yahoo and others do -1. If you're in ESPN I think that marginally devalues Eli, because he's interception-prone.

Yep, and he's going to be slinging it all day to Cruz and OBJ. I think they're probably better than their current ADP, but if you consider that the following QBs were slightly behind Eli and Tannehill: Romo, Rivers, Flacco, Cutler, Stafford, Newton, Kaepernick, it becomes much more palatable to wait.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Metapod posted:

That makes it palatable to take him 1.01 imo

Easy 1.01 now imo. Those first two games would've been tough anyway, so being forced to start your usual flex/RB3 guy may not even be that bad if you grab someone with good early matchups to cover for Bell.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Gearman posted:

Yep, and he's going to be slinging it all day to Cruz and OBJ. I think they're probably better than their current ADP, but if you consider that the following QBs were slightly behind Eli and Tannehill: Romo, Rivers, Flacco, Cutler, Stafford, Newton, Kaepernick, it becomes much more palatable to wait.

Don't forget Vereen catches passes like a mofo as well.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Gyshall posted:

I'm actually working on an Effortpost OP for DFS, should have it up by the end of the week or so.

Thanks. I've been hoping one would pop up, but I haven't felt qualified to make one myself since this is the first year that I'm trying DFS. I've been reading up about it and will be dropping some of my weekly leagues to focus on dailies instead so I'll hopefully be active in there.

I know the Rotoworld guys are starting a DFS-focused podcast but are there any others that I should check out?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Metapod posted:

That makes it palatable to take him 1.01 imo

Only in .5 or 1ppr though.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Suave Fedora posted:

Only in .5 or 1ppr though.

That's all that matters

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

coronaball posted:

That would be appreciated. Personally, I'm dropping some of my weekly leagues to focus more time on DFS this year, and a nice comparison of the different sites would be handy.

CalvinwithDraftKingsonhispantsUrinatingonSignthatsaysFanduel.jpg

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

VDay posted:

Easy 1.01 now imo. Those first two games would've been tough anyway, so being forced to start your usual flex/RB3 guy may not even be that bad if you grab someone with good early matchups to cover for Bell.

Dang. I was hoping he might drop to me at 12 in a reset keeper league where they normally grab QBs extremely early in the draft because of the loss of three games.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Silly Burrito posted:

Dang. I was hoping he might drop to me at 12 in a reset keeper league where they normally grab QBs extremely early in the draft because of the loss of three games.

If that happens then you don't need to worry about draft strategy because you're drafting with idiots.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If that happens then you don't need to worry about draft strategy because you're drafting with idiots.

You could be in a 12 team league full of 11 morons, but that you still need a certain amount of luck to win it all.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

A man can dream, Beer.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

MacheteZombie posted:

You could be in a 12 team league full of 11 morons, but that you still need a certain amount of luck to win it all.

Yeah some dude's auto-drafted team would still somehow go 11-1 in the regular season.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MacheteZombie posted:

Fantasy Football is arbitrary and capricious. That said I would still prefer to draft with idiots.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

The FBG ebook on Draftkings/Fanduel is worth reading, it has some pretty good analysis.

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/2015/2015-insider-pro-downloads/DK_with_cover.pdf
http://subscribers.footballguys.com/2015/2015-insider-pro-downloads/with_cover.pdf

Put it on my Skydrive for a few days (DK):

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=5348D8DB30A4DDD1!1475&authkey=!AJi1vHMbcHuZ_bg&ithint=file%2cpdf

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Suave Fedora posted:

When your RB2 goes down in the preason with a knee injury.

Jeremy Hill noo

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Any fantasypro's draft simulator users know a way to make the simulator only draft IDP? I have it set to my league rules, however instead of only selecting IDP (it's an IDP only league obviously) players the first round is like half QB's and half IDP's.
:confused:

Edit: Nevermind, I wasn't de-selecting the FantasyPros overall rankings and selecting my IDP cheat sheet.

Edit 2: Well it still isn't working. Antonio Brown and Gronk are going 2 and 3 every time now.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jul 29, 2015

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

MacheteZombie posted:

Any fantasypro's draft simulator users know a way to make the simulator only draft IDP? I have it set to my league rules, however instead of only selecting IDP (it's an IDP only league obviously) players the first round is like half QB's and half IDP's.
:confused:

Edit: Nevermind, I wasn't de-selecting the FantasyPros overall rankings and selecting my IDP cheat sheet.

Edit 2: Well it still isn't working. Antonio Brown and Gronk are going 2 and 3 every time now.

I don't have Pro so I can't check IDPs but a stupid question. You set custom rosters to reflect zero offensive players?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

jabro posted:

I don't have Pro so I can't check IDPs but a stupid question. You set custom rosters to reflect zero offensive players?

Yeah, I thought the same thing when I first tried, but all offensive positions are set at 0. I think it might be related to the "Draft Against" category which pulls ADP rankings from various sites and it isn't impacted by cheat sheets (I think), but I'm not sure.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Is it too early for a "rate my mock draft" thread yet? I'VE GOT THE FEVER

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

railroad terror posted:

Is it too early for a "rate my mock draft" thread yet? I'VE GOT THE FEVER

Use the "Rate my Draft" thing you butt #_#

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Sataere posted:

So we just got our keeper rosters. We completely redid our format last year and started from scratch. It is a $300 salary cap, with salaries going up 10% the first three years. 20% the fourth year, 50% the fifth year and 100% every year forward. I was the only person in the league to realize that by letting everyone spend their money first, I could just get young rookies for under $10 and completely dominate for years going forward. Behold my keepers for next year. To keep players from always staying $1, a 10% increase on $1 is $2.

Aaron Rodger -- $55 (Why not keep him, when you look at what I have)
Jeremy Hill - $2
Kelvin Benjamin -- $15
Jordan Matthews -- $2
Coby Fleener -- $2
Sheldon Richardson -- $2
Rashad Johnson -- $2
Browns DST - $3
Adam Vinatieri -- $2
Carlos Hyde - $3
Christine Michael - $3
Eric Ebron - $3
Paul Worrilow - $2
Carson Palmer - $10 (On the fence about keeping)
Allan Robinson -- $5
Tyler Eifert - $5
Teddy Bridgewater - $2
Derek Carr - $3
Kyle Rudolph - $3

I have $175 of my $300 cap to spend and only 10 spots to fill. We start 1 QB/2 RB/3WR/TE/K/DST/DL/D/DB.

Only a handful of my players have been in the league more than three years and I control their souls for life. I might rent a stud or two, but I can't wait to load up on all the rookie running backs and wide receivers from this draft. Everyone else is in cap hell and has to make drastic cuts, so good players will be available right away. I know McCoy is getting cut and I already cut Megatron, so I'm debating which one I'll target. It might not even be worth targeting either. If I snag two of the top rookie RBs and WRs, I could be in a really interesting position for the next ten years.

So gonna repost this. If you are me, do you keep Palmer for $10? Since we have deep rosters, it doesn't hurt me to hold onto him, and it allows me to control four starting QBs at minimal cost, so hopefully I'm able to work out a trade later. On the other hand, I don't know that I really need him.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
isn't that right and I just completed a trade where he gave up Ryan Tannehill to me in exchange for Kendall Wright and Terrance Williams. This is in a 1QB, 3WR, 1FLX dynasty league with half PPR. What do you guys think of that trade? I feel it's fairly equitable given that it addressed needs for both (he needed WR depth, I needed a backup QB), but I'm curious as to what everyone else thinks.

Sataere posted:

So gonna repost this. If you are me, do you keep Palmer for $10? Since we have deep rosters, it doesn't hurt me to hold onto him, and it allows me to control four starting QBs at minimal cost, so hopefully I'm able to work out a trade later. On the other hand, I don't know that I really need him.

I guess the question is whether or not Palmer for $10 is worth the $10 you would likely pay for a better starter. With Rodgers, Carr, and Bridgewater you already have a healthy amount of depth. How much are equivalent QBs going for?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

isn't that right and I just completed a trade where he gave up Ryan Tannehill to me in exchange for Kendall Wright and Terrance Williams. This is in a 1QB, 3WR, 1FLX dynasty league with half PPR. What do you guys think of that trade? I feel it's fairly equitable given that it addressed needs for both (he needed WR depth, I needed a backup QB), but I'm curious as to what everyone else thinks.

Fair trade as long as tannehill wasn't his starter imo

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I guess the question is whether or not Palmer for $10 is worth the $10 you would likely pay for a better starter. With Rodgers, Carr, and Bridgewater you already have a healthy amount of depth. How much are equivalent QBs going for?

I think it is a pretty even trade. I might argue that you got the worst of that trade, since I like Williams more than I like Tannehill. But since it is you making the trade, Williams will probably flame out and Tannehill will become Rodgers 2.0.

As for the Palmer value, I just looked over the QB contracts in the league. There is no point in keeping him. If I really want him back, I can probably get him cheaper. Almost everyone has a QB at decent value on their roster, so I'll just target Mariota and hope that one of my three young QBs becomes a fantasy monster in the coming years.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Mariota is going to be ruined by whisenhunt so don't draft him in dynasty leagues

He will have a good year this year to get my hopes up then throw down the hammer of Thor at them

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Metapod posted:

Mariota is going to be ruined by whisenhunt so don't draft him in dynasty leagues

He will have a good year this year to get my hopes up then throw down the hammer of Thor at them

If Mariota is bad this year, he'll have a coach brought in to make him better. And honestly, if I have Mariota, I have him, Carr and Bridgewater. At that point, I'm just playing the numbers game that one of them becomes elite.

Honestly though, I don't think Whisenhunt can ruin Mariota. The guy is gonna be awesome.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Use the "Rate my Draft" thing you butt #_#

I was going to ask the same question as him. What Rate my Draft thing are you referencing?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Sataere posted:

If Mariota is bad this year, he'll have a coach brought in to make him better. And honestly, if I have Mariota, I have him, Carr and Bridgewater. At that point, I'm just playing the numbers game that one of them becomes elite.

Honestly though, I don't think Whisenhunt can ruin Mariota. The guy is gonna be awesome.

Metapod posted:

He will have a good year this year to get your hopes up then throw down the hammer of Thor at them

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

Prophecy120 posted:

I was going to ask the same question as him. What Rate my Draft thing are you referencing?

Well, that's what I've BEEN using

http://draftwizard.fantasypros.com/nfl/mock-draft/FUaL/a

Dont know how reliable it is though. The computers seem relatively smart....sometimes.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sataere posted:

Honestly though, I don't think Shanahan can ruin RG3. The guy is gonna be awesome.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

RG3 ruined RG3.. I knew he was gonna be a bust before he was drafted, where's my NFL analyst job?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Varg posted:

RG3 ruined RG3.. I knew he was gonna be a bust before he was drafted, where's my NFL analyst job?

:worship:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Varg posted:

Do you have a journalism degree or nfl playing/coaching experience?

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Metapod posted:

Do you have a journalism degree or nfl playing/coaching experience?
negative! honestly I just want Skip Bayless's job, anyone can do that

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Varg posted:

negative! honestly I just want Skip Bayless's job, anyone can do that

Over qualified imo

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Varg posted:

I said the same thing about trich! We're obviously geniuses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Jerry Jones said some stuff about Joseph Randle being the #1 RB, sound the alarm.

• Locked thread