Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also Zod and Darkseid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Bendis is pretty fuckin pleased with the first two episodes of Jessica Jones.

quote:

I know I’ve been very low-key on talking about to Jessica Jones TV show but I think I have to stop doing that because I can’t hold it any longer. I’m going to burst.

The show is so good. I have seen the first couple of episodes and because i didn’t work on it directly i can say this with full no ego fanfare: i loved it!!

and believe me, i was going to be the hardest on it. harder than any of you.

jessica is a part of my DNA. A bad jessica jones show would have hurt me deeply.

BUT it is faithful and lively and everything that I could personally have wanted from the show. the mean streets of marvel netflix from a different perspective than matt’s but at the same time… it all fits. just like the comics on their best day. and just like Netflix DD, the look of the show is cracklin’ noir but with its own palette.

i did not work on the show because I’m working on Powers, and I can’t be everywhere, and also the show was ALWAYS in very very very good hands. I had read the very first drafts of Melissa Rosenberg’s pilot when it was at ABC and i was so flattered by her faithfulness and just getting why we made the book in the first place. i met with the assembled writer’s room and had the surreal experience of finally being in a room where i knew the answers to people’s question.

krysten ritter is soooo good. and michael colter. wait until you see michael colter. the casting of luke cage, in my opinion, and have said this to everyone behind the scenes, is as strong and spot on as the casting of tony stark. its probably the hardest to cast and they got it. perfect.

i can’t wait to see the rest and i can’t wait for you to see it too. i’m VERY proud to have my name on it. and i loved emailing michael gaydos the good news.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
He was also very excited about the Powers show (which I still have not seen because petty corporate in-fighting means Sony'd rather sell it to ANY foreign TV station for pennies than use it as the PSN selling point it supposedly was in the States), so take things with a pinch of salt.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

He was also very excited about the Powers show (which I still have not seen because petty corporate in-fighting means Sony'd rather sell it to ANY foreign TV station for pennies than use it as the PSN selling point it supposedly was in the States), so take things with a pinch of salt.

You haven't seen Powers and you're saying it's bad?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

zoux posted:

You haven't seen Powers and you're saying it's bad?

No, I haven't seen it and the consensus opinions I've seen seem to err on it being decidedly mediocre, despite Bendis himself being bullish. I don't think it's controversial to suggest he may be too close to the projects to be giving an unbiased opinion.

I actually am pretty confident Jessica Jones will be good, based on how well they did Daredevil, I'm just saying Bendis being hyped doesn't mean much.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Powers isnt good, exactly. But I still really enjoyed it.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:

Error 404 posted:

Powers isnt good, exactly. But I still really enjoyed it.

Pretty much this. The effects sometimes took away from what they were trying to do as they were loving awful but they still had some awesome moments and I really enjoyed Eddie Izzard as Wolf.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Powers doesn’t do a good job of selling itself to you. But maybe it’s an acquired taste like a lot of good shows.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
That Blue Beetle short wouldn't even be that far out of place within the current TV universe, aside from the dated CG.

Also, I forgot how they went with Grandpa Slade on Smallville, but then gave him a katana to fight with... in a formal military suit complete with medals.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Powers has some weird details in it's universe, and is a bit inconsistent, however if you enjoy watching Superhero shows it's not the worst out of the lot. It took a friend of mine a lot of convincing before I gave it a shot though. Still on episode 6.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

ToastyPotato posted:

That Blue Beetle short wouldn't even be that far out of place within the current TV universe, aside from the dated CG.

Also, I forgot how they went with Grandpa Slade on Smallville, but then gave him a katana to fight with... in a formal military suit complete with medals.

I am beyond death's stroke now.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Gaz-L posted:

Powers looks like its (non-existent) budget, but it's not bad at all.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The most important part of of that Bendis story is that episodes are actually done (sans post-production, probably), so it shouldn't be too far away.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I thought I read somewhere that October was the release date?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

I thought I read somewhere that October was the release date?

They've said it might slip into next year, but now that proooobably won't happen.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I assume there'll be confirmation of the date at D23 in August

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Netflix content chief set out their Marvel release schedule at the TCAs

quote:

At the opening address of the Television Critics Association press tour, Neflix’s Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos confirmed that Marvel’s Jessica Jones will premiere by the end of 2015, as expected.

He further laid out the ideal schedule for Marvel’s Defenders group lineup of shows, which is to have a new series or season premiere every six months.

Sarandos also clarified that all of these Marvel series will crossover for The Defenders after each has launched, but that some will have multiple series prior to that. Daredevil is already one example, with Season 2 planned for early 2016.

That's the whole thing btw, I'm just linking it for attribution.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

zoux posted:

Netflix content chief set out their Marvel release schedule at the TCAs

That's the whole thing btw, I'm just linking it for attribution.

Hmm. Well, if we're looking at six month gaps, then that'd place Jessica Jones on the ground around the second week of October? Not too long, then.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This article is claiming that Marvel and Netflix are working on "Phase 2" of Netflix Marvel shows and that they are considering Thunderbolts.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

zoux posted:

This article is claiming that Marvel and Netflix are working on "Phase 2" of Netflix Marvel shows and that they are considering Thunderbolts.

That'd be a good way to keep Punisher, Bullseye, Elektra and any other anti-hero/popular villain around after their stints on Daredevil are done. Maybe Fisk could even weasel his way into leading them and be a Norman Osborne facsimile or something.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So apparently Claire from DD was originally supposed to be Linda Carter aka Night Nurse, but that got nixed because Marvel said they had "plans for her in the movie side of things."

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

AngryBooch posted:

That'd be a good way to keep Punisher, Bullseye, Elektra and any other anti-hero/popular villain around after their stints on Daredevil are done. Maybe Fisk could even weasel his way into leading them and be a Norman Osborne facsimile or something.

That would be the smart move, personally I'm just hoping for any excuse to get some of my favorite characters out of the locker.

I think it was some sort of 'pitch a book' thread that got me thinking, "What I really want is Superior Assholes, all the anti-heroes that are a little more anti, Taskmaster, O'Grady Ant-Man, the Juggernaut, Deadpool... Oh, that's just the Thunderbolts".

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I had no idea that wasn't who she was playing, i know little about the character and always saw sites referring to her character as Night Nurse even though its never said in the show.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I just want a Werewolf by Night/Moon Knight show

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

What the--?! You mean Rosario Dawson was supposed to play Blue Beetle?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
They are probably going to put her in Dr. Strange. One of the minis tried to push them into a relationship and the current rear end in a top hat 60's swinger Strange was never gonna fly.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

So is the prison break guy any good as Captain Cold on Flash? I ask because I was watching old SVU episodes and he was guest starring, and I was reminded of how loving terrible an actor he is.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's the best.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

So is the prison break guy any good as Captain Cold on Flash? I ask because I was watching old SVU episodes and he was guest starring, and I was reminded of how loving terrible an actor he is.

He's great. You'll hate him.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Musta taken some acting classes since 2009.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

Musta taken some acting classes since 2009.

He's not "great" in that he will win an Emmy. He's "great" in that he is hammy as gently caress and practically out of a Saturday morning cartoon. Heatwave (also from Prison Break) is the same, but dialed to 11. Some will find this funny, others will find it grating. YMMV.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

ToastyPotato posted:

He's not "great" in that he will win an Emmy. He's "great" in that he is hammy as gently caress and practically out of a Saturday morning cartoon. Heatwave (also from Prison Break) is the same, but dialed to 11. Some will find this funny, others will find it grating. YMMV.

It is really obvious that the guy loves playing this hammy superhero character. Actually everyone on Flash really seems to love their roles.

I swear when copdad starts tearing up I get about 50% of the way towards wanting to have manbabies.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

SirDan3k posted:

They are probably going to put her in Dr. Strange. One of the minis tried to push them into a relationship and the current rear end in a top hat 60's swinger Strange was never gonna fly.

Given that they're trying to get Rachel McAdams for a lead role in Strange, this is a certainty.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Scyantific posted:

Given that they're trying to get Rachel McAdams for a lead role in Strange, this is a certainty.

Why not Clea?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Constance Zimmer has been cast on AoS as the "mysterious head of a government organization" who butts heads with Coulson. Which sounds a lot like Abigail Brand and SWORD.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

zoux posted:

Why not Clea?

I'm guessing they aren't planning on using Dormammu.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

muscles like this? posted:

Constance Zimmer has been cast on AoS as the "mysterious head of a government organization" who butts heads with Coulson. Which sounds a lot like Abigail Brand and SWORD.

That is the most generic description for a foil character possible though. Has SWORD been butting heads with Coulson in the comics or something?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

ToastyPotato posted:

That is the most generic description for a foil character possible though. Has SWORD been butting heads with Coulson in the comics or something?

Hopefully it's HAMMER. They make SWORD look like SHIELD and SHIELD look like the POST OFFICE.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

They also put out this promo image which I think is pretty neat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

ToastyPotato posted:

Can Marvel Studios use X-characters on tv? Also, is she considered an X-character legally? I thought she was, having been introduced in Astonishing and whatnot.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jul 31, 2015