Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

AtomikKrab posted:

I lay claim to this.

... once I get paid and can buy it.

I'll need a caption though.

If you eat it, I'll give you more posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Saint Sputnik posted:

Dude jumped back into it with gusto

e:

Everything is wonderful again.

EDIT: Going to quote all of them for a new page.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

HUCKA
BEE

Good thing they labelled him, it looks more like Christie to me

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

AtomikKrab posted:

I lay claim to this.

Trump is a clown, you say?

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

AtomikKrab posted:

I lay claim to this.

An annual $3.15 billion in aid to Israel? Anti-Semite!

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

'Can you smell what the Obama is cooking' maybe?

I can't tell if I'm being baited or not.

FicusArt
Dec 27, 2014

Why would I draw dudes when I could be drawing literally anything else?

Zaphod42 posted:

I actually really like these :haw:

'If you eat it I'll give you more weapons' is pretty amazing/stupid already.

'Can you smell what the Obama is cooking' maybe?

"Can you smell what Barack is cooking"

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

FicusArt posted:

"Can you smell what Barack is cooking"

:negative: I was so close.

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

I can't tell if I'm being baited or not.

Nah I'm just posting from work and my brain is kinda fried today.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

Two weeks ago, Bruce Tinsley was slightly inconvenienced in a checkout line. "I'll see you in the funny pages," he thinks to himself as he exits the store.

This is from a few pages back but I just wanted to not empty quote it because it's really good.

Stevoblunt
Mar 12, 2008
Welp, Kirschen's wet dream just came true, Jonathon Pollard is being freed this November.

Stevoblunt fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jul 28, 2015

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Stevoblunt posted:

Welp, Kirschen's wet dream just came true, Jonathon Pollard is being freed this November.

Little late there, but yeah. We're all waiting with bated breath for Yaakov's reaction comic and how he'll explain that this still proves that the USA hates Israel.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

AtomikKrab posted:

I lay claim to this.

:itwaspoo:

Stevoblunt
Mar 12, 2008

E-Tank posted:

Little late there, but yeah. We're all waiting with bated breath for Yaakov's reaction comic and how he'll explain that this still proves that the USA hates Israel.

drat it! That's what I get for not reading the thread the past few weeks :eng99:

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

E-Tank posted:

Some people might think

Freeing Jonathan Pollard proves America isn't an enemy to Israel

Of course, they fail to realise

He'll come home strapped to an Iranian Nuke.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

~*memories*~

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I wonder if anyone in Israel actually gives a gently caress about Jonathan Pollard.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

RyokoTK posted:

I wonder if anyone in Israel actually gives a gently caress about Jonathan Pollard.

Aren't spies generally disposable anyhow?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

RyokoTK posted:

They really do. News that he's going to be freed is all over the front page of the Jerusalem Post.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Ted Rall was just fired by the LA Times.

It sounds he wrote a shitthatneverhappened.txt blog post that didn't hold up against any sort of record except his own.

quote:

In a May 11 post on The Times' OpinionLA blog, Ted Rall — a freelance cartoonist whose work appears regularly in The Times — described an incident in which he was stopped for jaywalking on Melrose Avenue in 2001. Rall said he was thrown up against a wall, handcuffed and roughed up by an LAPD motorcycle policeman who also threw his driver's license into the sewer. Rall also wrote that dozens of onlookers shouted in protest at the officer's conduct.

Since then, the Los Angeles Police Department has provided records about the incident, including a complaint Rall filed at the time. An audiotape of the encounter recorded by the police officer does not back up Rall's assertions; it gives no indication that there was physical violence of any sort by the policeman or that Rall's license was thrown into the sewer or that he was handcuffed. Nor is there any evidence on the recording of a crowd of shouting onlookers.

I can't describe the schadenfreude I'm feeling right now

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Klaus88 posted:

Aren't spies generally disposable anyhow?

Well, that's kind of the game you play when you commit treason, yeah.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

General question, is the "Planned Parenthood wants to bring about BLACK GENOCIDE by aborting every black baby in America" meme something that anyone actually earnestly believes or are they just attempting to Troll The Left by calling them The Real Racists?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I'm legit angry pollard is going free. Biden you said you had this one. What the gently caress, man?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

loquacius posted:

General question, is the "Planned Parenthood wants to bring about BLACK GENOCIDE by aborting every black baby in America" meme something that anyone actually earnestly believes or are they just attempting to Troll The Left by calling them The Real Racists?

They don't give a poo poo about black babies. Aborted or otherwise. It's only exists to make themselves feel superior and nothing beyond that.

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

loquacius posted:

Do you think the Venn diagram of "people who hate Planned Parenthood" and "people who hate black people" Isn't an almost perfect circle? Republicans only care about genocide/deaths if it's christian/white/something they can twist to their advantage (BENGHAZI!).

Shadowed Bacon fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jul 28, 2015

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
So, why is the Dry Bones guy so obsessed with Pollard, anyway? Apologies if I'm just really politically ignorant, but I'd never even heard of the guy until I started reading this thread and saw a Dry Bones mentioning him.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

dijon du jour posted:

So, why is the Dry Bones guy so obsessed with Pollard, anyway? Apologies if I'm just really politically ignorant, but I'd never even heard of the guy until I started reading this thread and saw a Dry Bones mentioning him.

He spied for Israel, is national hero.

We should have hung him when we had the chance.

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

Krinkle posted:

I'm legit angry pollard is going free. Biden you said you had this one. What the gently caress, man?

Eh...the Iran deal is incredibly significant and a major diplomatic feat. Paroling Pollard is a powerfully symbolic gesture towards appeasing Israel, and effectively meaningless in terms of actual realpolitik. Swapping symbolic gestures for actual political concessions is good diplomacy.

prinnylaharl
Feb 10, 2013

loquacius posted:

I've met a decent bit of people who believe it and only care because it means less people in the slave fields after the inevitable race war, but this is from a very racist area in Florida so I'm hoping the Democrats are the Real Racists approach is more accurate.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Is her pantsuit an object of derision for Republicans just because she's wearing them, or some other reason too?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is her pantsuit an object of derision for Republicans just because she's wearing them, or some other reason too?

Pantsuits generally aren't the most flattering of clothes, so it feeds into the idea that Hillary is fat, old, and frumpy.

(Besides, if she were a *real* woman she'd wear skirts and dresses all the time, as God commanded.)

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Samurai Sanders posted:

Women wearing pants instead of dresses? Of course they don't like it.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Samurai Sanders posted:

Look at the woman, trying to wear pants and act like she's in charge of things as if she were a man.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

I really like the coloration of the fire/smoke here.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Prism posted:

Women wearing pants instead of dresses? Of course they don't like it.

Except in the case of Sarah Palin for creepy reasons.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Tobermory posted:

Eh...the Iran deal is incredibly significant and a major diplomatic feat. Paroling Pollard is a powerfully symbolic gesture towards appeasing Israel, and effectively meaningless in terms of actual realpolitik. Swapping symbolic gestures for actual political concessions is good diplomacy.

Bibi is still publicly and loudly making GBS threads a brick about this deal, presumably so he can keep his "any day now! vote for me-or else!" bumper stickers valid. If this was meant to placate anyone it failed.

Was... was it a gesture past bibi to undermine his platform?

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jul 28, 2015

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

MariusLecter posted:

Except in the case of Sarah Palin for creepy reasons.
Yeah I was gonna say, they don't seem to ALWAYS hate it, but it's definitely a recurring part of making fun of Hillary.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Samurai Sanders posted:

Hillary Clinton's strong preference for pantsuits is sort of a running joke, I'm pretty sure she's acknowledged it. It's not specifically Republican derision, so much as it is a thing which is strongly associated with Hillary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

AtomikKrab posted:

I lay claim to this.

"That dastardly Snowden won't steal this one from my windowsill!"

• Locked thread