Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Supremezero posted:

There are not two awful ride chaser levels.

There is one awful ride chaser level, and one incredibly dumb and awful ride chaser level (seriously I pray Capcom fired whoever came up with Gigabolt's stage)

Its no SLIDEU SLIDEU JUMPU JUMPU in Megaman 8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Mega man x3 was the last x game

Everything after that is punishment for living in a world where japan continues to exist

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

theultimo posted:

Its no SLIDEU SLIDEU JUMPU JUMPU in Megaman 8.

I'd take frost man over gigavolt. That stage is just that bad. It's like an escaped reject from X7

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Oh wow X8, nice to see one of the lesser played X games.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

argondamn posted:

he probably has enough money to get his own apartment.

caleb gets at bare minimum 1 thousand dollars a night in donations and he closed on a house recently

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Alteisen posted:

Oh wow X8, nice to see one of the lesser played X games.

Spiritually yes, but honestly no

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
This game is loving retarded

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cool Buff Man posted:

caleb gets at bare minimum 1 thousand dollars a night in donations and he closed on a house recently

all i know is that internet money for nothing is probably pretty fickle

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
3 more hours of mega man garbage before the good games.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Eonwe posted:

http://danielfenner.com/how-much-does-a-streamer-make-january-2015/

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Eonwe posted:

Yeah but caleb is a weird special case, he has rich alcoholic admirers or something. It's not sustainable but he's pulling in silly money. He got 6 thousand dollars the other night because he decided to do an impromptu 12 hour stream for random donations

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Kaubocks posted:

There was an all-dungeons OoT race a year or two ago where both runners used different routes which made it extremely cool when they both met up right before the final section of the game at the same time attempting to perform the same wrong warp.

sadly one of the runners blew it :(
Yeah, that was pretty cool: they spent half the race in completely different areas and then were suddenly almost frame-for-frame.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

Incoherence posted:

Yeah, that was pretty cool: they spent half the race in completely different areas and then were suddenly almost frame-for-frame.

Got a link to the run? Sounds pretty neat to watch.

Paused
Oct 24, 2010

Dirk the Average posted:

Why not? Half of the point of these is that they show off neat tricks. Very rarely will someone actually get a PB just because they only get one shot at the game. I'd enjoy seeing multiple routes played at the same time as long as the commentary can handle explaining what the hell is going on.

Fair point; a showcase of things you wouldn't see in one route is a point I hadn't really considered. I guess I feel that doesn't really work for an unpopular game though. Races for games most people don't know thrive on the tension of knowing who's in front and by what, hopefully tiny, margin. With different routes you never really know who's ahead, so in games I don't really care too much about otherwise, I just loose interest.

I guess I feel a showcase 'race' could work in a popular game that was well known? Like; 'here was last years GDQ run of 'OoT", and you thought that was neat; look out our new route racing against it!'

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

So if this game wasn't called Mega Man X8 I wouldn't have had any idea it was a Mega Man game.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Races with diverging routes are actually really cool but only when it's a good game that everyone has played to death so they understand how they are divergent rather than a garbage game that probably most of the viewers haven't seen more than once or twice and have no idea what's going on anyway.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Mega man x2 had weird music that sounded like twangy country techno-metal

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Manslaughter posted:

So if this game wasn't called Mega Man X8 I wouldn't have had any idea it was a Mega Man game.

I don't get this. To me X8 is a lot like X4 or X5 except a bit slower/uglier.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

SWMadness posted:

Got a link to the run? Sounds pretty neat to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr8tcjoGUDM

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I don't get this. To me X8 is a lot like X4 or X5 except a bit slower/uglier.

No you don't get it if it isn't a snes game that i played 20 years ago it isn't a real mega man game

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Eh, aesthetics differences aside, you'd think they'd have figured out by then that not having lag / FPS-dependent behavior is way more important than looking pretty. Most of the Playstation-era Megaman games have janky controls :\

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Hivac posted:

No you don't get it if it isn't a snes game that i played 20 years ago it isn't a real mega man game

This might be it actually, I haven't played a Mega Man since X.

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

In my mind I just pretend. My brain is my only true friend.
For a route that they're saying is fairly untested, (unless I heard that wrong) those were pretty close together end times.

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

Sync happens here: https://youtu.be/Pr8tcjoGUDM?t=6387

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ullerrm posted:

Eh, aesthetics differences aside, you'd think they'd have figured out by then that not having lag / FPS-dependent behavior is way more important than looking pretty. Most of the Playstation-era Megaman games have janky controls :\

No they don't, they control like the SNES ones.

That was a good race, I liked how the middle guy was more X-centric than the other 2 especially showing off the boss kill at the end with X instead of Zero, the other 2 guys where crazy close despite the divergence in routes.

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
Any standout runs since Tetris last night?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Oh poop, the official SDGQ channel recordings on youtube have the sound hosed up, you can barely hear the couch in them. That doesn't seem like something that might get fixed, so here's to hoping twitch won't mute their recordings.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

UV_Catastrophe posted:

Star Tropics. That's pretty much it thus far.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

UV_Catastrophe posted:

Metroid Prime Hunters actually made for a pretty fun speed run with good commentary.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
I hope Caleb massively fucks up, storms off in a huff, and forgets to propose to his girl (It's hilarious that everyone knows this is going to happen)

More short-term cringe, but probably less long-term cringe

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Has Caleb mentioned the proposal at all or is it just a given because of his self aggrandizing?

Even if he doesn't do it (he will) be prepared for his "I just got my rear end whipped but believe in your dreams" speech.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Critical posted:

Has Caleb mentioned the proposal at all or is it just a given because of his self aggrandizing?

Even if he doesn't do it (he will) be prepared for his "I just got my rear end whipped but believe in your dreams" speech.

I started it as a rumor, because it's really important that i get the credit for the big red baby man ruining his life

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Proposing in front of a over 100,000 people seems like a weird thing to do.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

So does punching yourself in the face when you gently caress up in a video game but welp.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

Didn't stop the guy last year after Mischief Makers.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Internet Kraken posted:

People propose in incredibly dumb ways pretty often.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

I started it as a rumor, because it's really important that i get the credit for the big red baby man ruining his life

Say it.

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
Forgot how amazing the early MMX soundtracks were

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

:stare:: Say it...!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

It's prob been asked before and I don't see it in the OP (where it should be) but has blueglass been spotted this year?

• Locked thread