Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I think I might actually be on 6 now so that's not bad. I have a bunch of half finished notepads on my desktop, I'm just going through a real funk lately and it's hard to get motivated and produce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Kumbamontu posted:

lemme at em

Thanks, PM sent!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I just wanted to post on page 100.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
welp we hit 3 digit page count, time to start the new thread

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

BottleKnight posted:

I just wanted to post on page 100.

100, just like my IQ (a perfect score)

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

pig can I replace into your game and replace out?

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
Tonight's dinner method (because I don't use recipes)

Cut five strips of bacon into one-inch squares and fry in a large skillet until crispy (NOTE: this recipe can be made vegetarian by skipping this step and using a couple tablespoons of veggie butter substitute for sauteeing fat). Break a large broccoli crown into small florets and slice a pound of brussels sprouts and an onion. Throw all your vegetables into the skillet with the bacon or veggie butter. Add soy and worcestershire sauce, steak seasoning and garlic powder to taste (you want the veggies to soak up a lot of flavor so feel free to use a heavy hand with the sauces). The pan will dry as the vegetables soak up the liquids; add vegetable or chicken broth little by little to keep things soft and moist.

In the meantime, toast 1/4 cup millet, 3/4 cup quinoa, and a cup of lentils (I used a half cup of red and a half cup of green) in a nonstick pan. Keep them moving in the pan and toast until some of the lentils have started to blacken a little -- this is not a bad thing and will lend a nice smokiness to the finished dish. When your grains/legumes are good and toasty, transfer them to a large saucepan, add 4 1/2 cups of water, bring to a boil, cover and turn down to a simmer. Cook until lentils are soft -- about 20 minutes or so.

Once your grain/legume mix is soft and your veggies are soft and have browned a good bit, put the veggies into the saucepan and add about 3/4 cup of your favorite meltable cheese. I used cheddar this time but I've also had great results with pepper jack and I imagine the sharpness of parmigiano-reggiano + a good spoonful of cream cheese would be amazing in this. Stir everything together so the cheese melts.

It will look like vomit on your plate but it is delicious -- richly flavorful, but in a way that lets you know that you're eating something that is at least somewhat Good For You -- and it's incredibly filling. I couldn't finish my portion. It's also great as leftovers.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I feel bad for not being in any games right now, but my ability to concentrate is pretty touch-and-go of late, so I haven't signed up for anything.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I need a replacement for Absurdly Vanilla Mafia. It's early d1 and the person you're replacing had zero non sign-up posts so it's pretty easy to do.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

BottleKnight posted:

I need a replacement for Absurdly Vanilla Mafia. It's early d1 and the person you're replacing had zero non sign-up posts so it's pretty easy to do.

With Chrononauts being called, I have a free slot. Put me in coach.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

JakeP posted:

People who replace out of games should really reconsider signing up for games in the first place. Like I understand emergencies come up and stuff like that but there are a lot of people who replace out of games way too often.

Id rather someone just lurk away into obscurity than have to deal with a replacement, and feel that replacements ruin games, and generally just do not work in mafia because of the nature of the game.

I have a tendency to attract drama and disaster.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

apostateCourier posted:

I have a tendency to attract drama and disaster.

growing pains

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Guys I'm so hooked on the new Brandon Flowers album. It's basically what would have happened if Bruce Springsteen decided to make dance pop in the early 80s and somehow that isn't a bad thing. If you like happiness you should listen to it.

I think BottleKnight would especially enjoy it.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Look Under The Rock posted:

Guys I'm so hooked on the new Brandon Flowers album. It's basically what would have happened if Bruce Springsteen decided to make dance pop in the early 80s and somehow that isn't a bad thing. If you like happiness you should listen to it.

the third song samples Bronski Beat's Smalltown Boy ... and the chorus is just 'Girl, I can change for you' repeated a dozen times ...

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ernie. posted:

the third song samples Bronski Beat's Smalltown Boy ... and the chorus is just 'Girl, I can change for you' repeated a dozen times ...

Your observational skills are truly without peer!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

Your observational skills are truly without peer!

I can confirm that Ernie is an observant peer. He's always looking over the partition.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I think BottleKnight would especially enjoy it.

I will queue this up on spotify and try to listen to it today!

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Ernie. posted:

Yeah like I said

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ugghhh there's a posting up for my dream job but I just changed positions like 3 weeks ago. I've also probably been out of the field too long to get it. I think I'm going to try anyways.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Opopanax posted:

Ugghhh there's a posting up for my dream job but I just changed positions like 3 weeks ago. I've also probably been out of the field too long to get it. I think I'm going to try anyways.

Soooooo many people have terrible resumes, give it a shot! Can't hurt.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Quote this post and I will tell you which basic music theory concept you are.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I need another replacement for Vanilla Mafia. Another zero-content poster and it's still d1 so no worries. Thank you in advance!

also thank you LUTR, not sure if I said that yet.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

What's a basic music theory concept to begin with?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
e a d g b e

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Yes

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Quote this post and I'll tell you which one of my characters from any MMO I have ever played you are and I will tell you a story about something that happened while playing them.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Come on sforzando

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

Quote this post and I'll tell you which one of my characters from any MMO I have ever played you are and I will tell you a story about something that happened while playing them.

Also this.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

CapitalistPig posted:

What've you played?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CCKeane posted:

Also this.

You are Tillworth Willoughby , the halfling warrior from Everquest. You have bitchin rad facial hair (muttonchops).

One time when I first started playing everquest and didn't know anything about it I ran from the halfling starting city to one of the human starting cities (Freeport) and I was fascinated by
a fellow halfling that was dying over and over to try to leave his corpses in different shapes on the ground, he was trying to make a penis but failing miserably.

He was also running around demanding gold from everyone.

I just sat and watched him for half an hour.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

What've you played?

You are Trent from Ultima Online a fair skinned lad with long flowing golden locks. A Grand Master Tailor

I used this character to literally do nothing but throw cloth around on the ground all over the place wherever I went.
I always wore the most flamboyant attire I could make. My favorite was a Jesters hat with a pink pirate shirt and a neon green kilt and black leather thigh high boots.
One time a guy followed me everywhere I went , he was really mad that I was wearing the clothes I was wearing and he kept telling me to "Have some self respect"

He followed me around for THREE GOD drat HOURS.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

What's music theory?

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

100YrsofAttitude posted:

You are a diminished triad with A flat as the root.

CapitalistPig posted:

You are a diatonic half step above B.

CCKeane posted:

You are the c harmonic minor scale.

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

You are 6/8 time.

Meinberg posted:

You are an augmented seventh interval.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

So I'm drawn out and tend to be found in hymnals? Interesting.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I'm dissonant and weird? I guess that makes sense.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

BottleKnight posted:

I need another replacement for Vanilla Mafia. Another zero-content poster and it's still d1 so no worries. Thank you in advance!

also thank you LUTR, not sure if I said that yet.
I will!

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

CapitalistPig posted:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CapitalistPig posted:

Please and thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Also, for any music nuts in here: I like acronyms.
Treble clef line notes: Everybody Gonna Blaze Dank Fatties
Order of sharps: gently caress Class, Get Drunk And Eat Burritos