Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Are you sure you didn't gently caress with Roy's growths? Even with the extra ten levels, he's:

HP -1.2
Str +6.4
Skl +2.5
Spd +4.4
Luk -0.4
Def -3.75
Res +0.3

That str/spd bless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Edward_Tohr posted:

Look at that scrappy patch of chin-scruf. What kind of half-assed villain can't even grow a proper goatee?

A lovely one.

AweStriker posted:

Is it just me, or is this missing something?

That is for the end of the episode, you philistine! You don't get the logo and the arrow on the same screen!

OminousEdge posted:

You know, I kinda feel sorry for the enemy with how Roy is obliterating them on his own with no problems.

Ehh, I dunno, they are following Zephiel, a man who can't grow a proper goatee.

Fionordequester posted:

Really? Frankly I kind of feel bad for Roy, considering how much it's taking him to max HP even WITH the 10 extra levels he's got. I mean sure he's a juggernaut now, but just about anyone would be with 10 extra levels, a 60 use Binding Bld, and that kickin' beard :/

HP is for people who get hit. Why are you feeling sorry for Roy?

theshim posted:

Yeah, this basically describes how I'm feeling right now :magical:

So is that a good "oh my god", a bad "oh my god" or just an "oh my god" "oh my god"?

cheetah7071 posted:

Are you sure you didn't gently caress with Roy's growths? Even with the extra ten levels, he's:

HP -1.2
Str +6.4
Skl +2.5
Spd +4.4
Luk -0.4
Def -3.75
Res +0.3

That str/spd bless.

Fresh from the latest version of the rom!

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

vilkacis posted:

That is for the end of the episode, you philistine! You don't get the logo and the arrow on the same screen!

:doh: Clearly I have missed many important nuances of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, even after having read all of Diamond is Unbreakable.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Well there's the problem then, manga doesn't have commercial breaks.

As penance, go watch the whole thing from the beginning.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd
Can I at least skip stardust crusaders? Its kind of poo poo.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

It's not really penance if you skip the parts you don't like, is it

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I just made the Sword of Seals unbreakable. It's the loving end of the game, go nuts. loving Ike got the unbreakable Ragnell and Marth gets the unbreakable Falchion.

Also something I doubt you have to use Vilk, but you can use the Sword of Seals to heal Roy for 30 HP.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

cheetah7071 posted:

HP -1.2
Str +6.4
Skl +2.5
Spd +4.4
Luk -0.4
Def -3.75
Res +0.3

That str/spd bless.

vilkacis posted:

Fresh from the latest version of the rom!
So you have an extremely blessed Roy in a playthrough where he can actually use those blessings instead of just capping at 25 and being mediocre. I approve.:getin:

To he honest it's all about where the blessing fall. -1.2 HP and -3.75 defense doesn't matter because Roy can dodge everything. If you were at -3.75 in Strength or Speed then Roy would be much less impressive. Welcome to how Strength and Speed rule over all.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

nehezir posted:

Can I at least skip stardust crusaders? Its kind of poo poo.

Manatee Cannon posted:

:colbert:

Onmi posted:

I just made the Sword of Seals unbreakable. It's the loving end of the game, go nuts. loving Ike got the unbreakable Ragnell and Marth gets the unbreakable Falchion.

I might as well have, I doubt he'll burn 60 uses unless I make him solo entire maps... with... it... oh gently caress.

quote:

Also something I doubt you have to use Vilk, but you can use the Sword of Seals to heal Roy for 30 HP.

Yeah, but it would be a use not devoted to murder and that is unacceptable.

fade5 posted:

So you have an extremely blessed Roy in a playthrough where he can actually use those blessings instead of just capping at 25 and being mediocre. I approve.:getin:

I guess he saw how Dorothy was doing and decided he wanted in on it too.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Chapter 22: An Undying Dream II or, Zephiel's World

As soon as Roy sets foot in the throne room,

...he is warmly greeted by Zephiel's personal guard.

Both dragons...

...and highly trained warriors await within.

None can stand against him.

But Zephiel does not stand idle while Roy cuts down his troops, and he is a considerably greater threat than his subordinates.

On top of that, Zephiel's sword is a match for Roy's, attacking at range with a giant shockwave. But by the might of his blade and beard, Roy stands where others would fall.

With the last of the royal guard bleeding out at his feet, Roy prepares to finish what he set out to do.

And he knows there is only one weapon worthy of the killing blow.

Thus...

But remember this... My will shall never die... As long as humans retain control, madness will reign...

...ends the reign of King Zephiel.

Hector can finally rest in peace.

And Roy...

...sits on the throne of Bern. (This is about the right time for you to put this on in the background.)

...Princess Guinivere.

I'm sorry... I need some time alone.

Elphin!
...Thank you. Your homeland is in turmoil... yet you chose to help us. You've been an asset to us all...

...I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by my "homeland"... But it was my greatest pleasure to assist you.

I'll never be able to repay this.

He may have been right... in a way.

...Has the Dark Priestess been found?

Unfortunately not... She apparently disappeared before the battle.

Do you really think she could be the demon dragon?

It is difficult to say without even seeing her.
It will be nearly impossible to locate her now. She is always clad in a black robe and none have seen her up close.

That's unfortunate... But so be it. The battle is over. That's cause enough for celebration.

I think not, milord! The hardest part has yet to come. The land must be nursed back to health now that the war is over. There are countless people in need of our assistance.

You're right! We have work to do. The real battle is only just beginning. We must look to the future. No matter what the hardships we may face, we must never give up. We must prove that a land of beauty and peace from human hands is possible!

I live to serve you, Lord Roy!
Now, let us make our way home. We must spread the word of our victory!

And...

Following the death of King Zephiel, Bern surrendered to Eturia.
Eturia advised the dismantling of Bern's former government, and with Roy's help, Guinivere took the throne and the New Kingdom of Bern was born.
Many among Bern's former elite were outraged at Guinivere's alliance with the enemy during the war, but her devotion to the country and its people led Bern back onto a path to recovery.
The mysterious Dark Priestess who had served Zephiel was never seen again.
Under Eturia's guidance, Elibe began a new golden age of peace and prosperity...
Centuries after Roy's lifetime, the nations of Elibe were united under a single banner.

And then,

...the credits roll.

Every so often,

...they're interrupted...

...by scenes from the story of Elibe.

Important moments in history...

...as well as domestic scenes;

...epic battles,

...as well as that which comes after.

Then a brief summary of our actions to this point. Some of these are not like the others...

It's not triple-S Stylish, but not bad for a first run!

And then, in a manner I'm most familiar with from Suikoden,

...we get a little ending blurb for all the misfits Roy gathered in his adventure.

As usual, I'll mostly just let these roll without commentary.

Only 24?! That is less murderchicken than anticipated - I expected Fae to have killed, like, twice that at least!

Holy poo poo Marcus fought 50 battles, I didn't expect that either.

They even get the exact same ending slides, why.

Cath is about the least master of my three thieves, but I guess she's the only one still working as one or something and wins the title by default.

I was a little sad they weren't Ray and Lou in this one, I had some better portraits in mind, but...

That's... a little lopsided. How the hell'd they manage that?

And that was Fire Emblem: Binding Blade!

It's been a great thread, I'm glad to have had you all here and I hope you've enjoyed it as least as much as I did.

...Wait, gently caress, it's not time for that at all!

vilkacis fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jul 29, 2015

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Yeah, I finally sat down to watch JoJo's Bizarre Adventure over the weekend. I really enjoyed both Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency, but Stardust Crusaders hasn't really impressed me thus far (I'm up to episode 12). The whole monster Stand-of-the-week thing just isn't doing it for me.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
HOLY poo poo.

I'm also going to quote zhalman verbatim here.

quote:

bring this guy to feu pls omg

W.T. Fits posted:

Yeah, I finally sat down to watch JoJo's Bizarre Adventure over the weekend. I really enjoyed both Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency, but Stardust Crusaders hasn't really impressed me thus far (I'm up to episode 12). The whole monster Stand-of-the-week thing just isn't doing it for me.

Give it time. Araki is feeling out what the hell to do with Stands for early Stardust Crusaders. By the time they get to egypt he has it down pat and it's just amazing. easily beating PB and BT

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.

Real talk, if you don't make the final boss into ZA WARUDO and some other unit into Roy's Stand I will be disappointed.

Also god drat, that Hector spirit from Armads is amazing. Never change.

TravelLog fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jul 29, 2015

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
That animation was really cool.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

TravelLog posted:

Real talk, if you don't make the final boss into ZA WARUDO and some other unit into Roy's Stand I will be disappointed.

Also god drat, that Hector spirit from Armads is amazing. Never change.

Look at that gif again. Hector is Roy's Stand. :colbert:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Onmi posted:

Give it time. Araki is feeling out what the hell to do with Stands for early Stardust Crusaders. By the time they get to egypt he has it down pat and it's just amazing. easily beating PB and BT

I didn't come this far just to quit now. I'm in this for the long haul.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

vilkacis posted:

Important moments in history...
You are a goddamn master, you know that? I love this.
Okay I literally burst out laughing at that one. Well loving played. :allears:

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Onmi posted:

HOLY poo poo.

I'm also going to quote zhalman verbatim here.

I'm sure I should be flattered, but what's a feu?

TravelLog posted:

Well, I already made Zephiel Dio... and I don't think I could translate time stop into FE anyways.

GeneX posted:

That animation was really cool.

Good to hear! It took some fiddling even ignoring the fact that it's mostly cobbled together from existing animations...

theshim posted:

You are a goddamn master, you know that? I love this.

Okay I literally burst out laughing at that one. Well loving played. :allears:

:tipshat:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

vilkacis posted:

I'm sure I should be flattered, but what's a feu?

Fire Emblem Universe, it's a forum devoted to the hacking side of FE http://feuniverse.us/

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

I... should have realized that a lot faster than I did. :doh: I know I've downloaded some resources from there previously.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

HOLY poo poo :eyepop:

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Roy's Stand: Path to Greatness
Power: A
Speed: A
Range: C
Durablility: A
Precision: A
Potential: A

It's literally just Hector

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.

KataraniSword posted:

Look at that gif again. Hector is Roy's Stand. :colbert:

Impossible. There was no loud shouting and repeating of a single syllable.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Obviously this LP is going by the manga in its interpretation of Stands

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

TravelLog posted:

It's a screenshot LP, so you can't hear it, but Hector's actually shouting "BEA" over and over, ending with a massive "BEAAAAARRRRDDDD!!!" on the final blow.

Also that animation was amazing as were the changed endings. Never stop, vilkacis. You are deserving of Roy's beard for your amazing work.

And Stardust Crusaders gets a lot better, but it really didn't live up to how good Battle Tendency was in my opinion. It's hurt a lot by having a really bland protagonist after how amazing Joseph is.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

It's not really suitable for penance when the material is so lacking in substance, it can't even inspire me to repent.

This LP has been ridiculous and amazing. pretty sure this game has 2 endings though, right?

nehezir fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jul 29, 2015

J Detan
Apr 24, 2008

Wir haben uns zu Meistern der Wissenschaft!

Grimey Drawer
Holy gently caress, this is the best LP on the forums. Cheers, you crazy mad man.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

vilkacis posted:

I wish it was possible to print gifs, solely so that I can hang this on my wall. :allears:

JustAnotherNobody
Jun 20, 2015
Before I miss another chance to post this due to being lazy. When I first saw Lego Barth, I thought that you had given him a Serve Bot head (from Mega Man Legends).

Great now I have Serve Barth in my head.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

AlphaKretin posted:

I wish it was possible to print gifs, solely so that I can hang this on my wall. :allears:
Missing a back and forth thumbs up between Hector and Roy at the end.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

AlphaKretin posted:

If you truly wanted to, you could just buy a laptop, hook it up to a large screen tv mounted to your wall and put the .gif on, never to be turned off. :colbert:

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
That gif truly is a thing of beauty.

And yeah, if you don't get the "true ending" of the game then Roy literally promotes right before the final chapter.

Really IntSys?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

fade5 posted:

That gif truly is a thing of beauty.

And yeah, if you don't get the "true ending" of the game then Roy literally promotes right before the final chapter.

Really IntSys?

Yup, it's dumb. Thank goodness some incredibly handsome man who does not at all smell like feet went and made a patch for that.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

If I was going to name it, I'd have gone with Battleaxe because it is suitably unsubtle and someone was actually kind enough to name a band that (just for me).

TravelLog posted:

Well it is a gif. I may be a wizard, but even I have limits.

Blaze Dragon posted:

And Stardust Crusaders gets a lot better, but it really didn't live up to how good Battle Tendency was in my opinion. It's hurt a lot by having a really bland protagonist after how amazing Joseph is.

Jotaro might be boring in a vacuum, but he's a fresh breeze given how dumb and hot-blooded most protagonists in the genre seem to be, so I actually enjoyed him quite a bit.

That aside I do agree that part 2 is better, but I think we're in minority, given 3 seems to be the most universally beloved one...

...The biggest problem I have with it is how Joseph got so blatantly nerfed. Only stands can battle stands, so his special ability is useless for 99% of the story, he gets the weakest stand in the universe, and he only gets to pull like one "your next line will be..." in the whole thing... :sigh:

('Course, old Joseph is still amazing.)

J Detan posted:

Holy gently caress, this is the best LP on the forums. Cheers, you crazy mad man.

:wotwot:

JustAnotherNobody posted:

Before I miss another chance to post this due to being lazy. When I first saw Lego Barth, I thought that you had given him a Serve Bot head (from Mega Man Legends).

Apparently you weren't the only one... Maybe I should have given him lego hair, too.

Xander77 posted:

Missing a back and forth thumbs up between Hector and Roy at the end.

Are you trying to kill me or something :stare:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

vilkacis posted:

That aside I do agree that part 2 is better, but I think we're in minority, given 3 seems to be the most universally beloved one...

My biggest problem with Stardust Crusaders is how all the episodes so far have basically been:

"Hey, we are in place, we have to be careful, we might be attacked at any moment by Stand users."

"Weird stuff is happening. Maybe it's a Stand user?"

"Oh no, we're being attacked by a Stand user and are at a disadvantage."

"We have pulled a clever and unexpected reversal out of our asses and beaten the enemy Stand user."

Please tell me that this formula is going to be shaken up now that Iggy's joined them. I don't think I can stand endure another full season of the above. :negative:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

My biggest problem with Stardust Crusaders is how all the episodes so far have basically been:

"Hey, we are in place, we have to be careful, we might be attacked at any moment by Stand users."

"We have pulled a clever and unexpected reversal out of our asses and beaten the enemy Stand user."

Please tell me that this formula is going to be shaken up now that Iggy's joined them. I don't think I can stand endure another full season of the above. :negative:

"This banana is rotten! Is this the work of an enemy Stand???!?"

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

vilkacis posted:

Are you trying to kill me or something :stare:
Now now. If I wished any harm upon you, I'd just quote a bunch of lines from your latest post and let you drive yourself insane searching for errors.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

W.T. Fits posted:

Nope that's pretty much the whole thing and it's kind of boring and lovely.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

W.T. Fits posted:

I dunno...do fart jokes up the ante enough for for you? Because iggy doesn't bring much else to the table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Part 3 is cool and good and very bluntly Araki caring more about what he can make Stands do than about the structure of the fights.

DIO'S WORLD is still the best Jojo fight.

• Locked thread