Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the astro boy finale ends with them complaining about how the story didn't make sense

is this real

is anything real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Super weird how in Astro Boy there's this actual exchange said in a serious tone

"I don't know where this story is going it's confusing."
"Yeah it's kinda out there."
"I'm sure even if we were paying attention it'd still be a mess I mean it's not even that good."

Like what the hell guys :psyduck:

"Was his name always Skunk?"
"Nah I would of made jokes about it this is the first we heard it."

Why did they go for the full ending if they don't give 2 shits about the plot?!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I guess with Ride to Hell being the new best LP it's fitting Astro Boy ends up being the new worst LP

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

If they wanted to do a treasure game why not Mischeif Makers? It would of been AMAZING after Freedom Planet as there's a lot shared between the two and that plot is actual garbage nonsense no one has to care about!

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
I stopped watching the Astro Boy lp after the bad ending because it was just Woolie getting upset at bosses and them skipping the plot, and I wasn't sure why they were playing anymore.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
While I do agree with them that it sucks when the God Hand situation happens and negative word spreads about a game based on people not knowing how to play "properly," I think Pat was right in his kneejerk "gently caress that guy" reaction to Itagaki's statement. You can't make a game that doesn't explain its deeper functions to the player and then get pissy when everyone playing the game doesn't do any of the cool poo poo you put in and thinks it's boring. It's your fault for not designing better ways to explain or demonstrate those functions.

Maybe Devil's Third is actually doing this and Itagaki's right, I don't know a whole lot about the game, but don't just cram game mechanics in that make things way better or more fun or less frustrating and then treat them either as an optional ability or explain it with a series of text boxes before never actually needing to use it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

TriffTshngo posted:

While I do agree with them that it sucks when the God Hand situation happens and negative word spreads about a game based on people not knowing how to play "properly," I think Pat was right in his kneejerk "gently caress that guy" reaction to Itagaki's statement. You can't make a game that doesn't explain its deeper functions to the player and then get pissy when everyone playing the game doesn't do any of the cool poo poo you put in and thinks it's boring. It's your fault for not designing better ways to explain or demonstrate those functions.

Maybe Devil's Third is actually doing this and Itagaki's right, I don't know a whole lot about the game, but don't just cram game mechanics in that make things way better or more fun or less frustrating and then treat them either as an optional ability or explain it with a series of text boxes before never actually needing to use it.

Footage is out and it's Ride to Hell without the dry humping. It's really really bad.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i refuse to watch any video with liam and woolie unless pat is also there to dampen their weird sperg syngergy

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Korra LP fully convinced me that Woolie & Liam should not be a team.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i refuse to watch any video with liam and woolie unless pat is also there to dampen their weird sperg syngergy

Have we seen this combination yet? Because I think it would be really cool for this reason.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I was kind of irritated at how badly they were playing Astro Boy and skipping through the cutscenes, but now to hear that they turn around and poo poo on the game they didn't even pay attention to, I'm rethinking listening to them.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Woolie and Liam are usually fine together, Freedom Planet and The Fall for example.

Woolie/Matt is the only weak combo, and even then you occasionally get poo poo like Animorphs.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jul 29, 2015

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

TriffTshngo posted:

The game looks like hot garbage, like a C-list third person shooter from Steam greenlight or a Cryme Time title. People love the idea of hardcore games so much they rush to defend an atrocious, floaty shooter at the first word from the developer that it is for tru gamerz.

God Hand situation is impossible in this day and age because you have hordes of youtube reviewers and LPers, and GAF to elevate any worthwhile title to the cult status.

The last game that I can say popular opinion was terribly unfair of because of undersold/misunderstood mechanics was Massive Chalice, but it is the fault of the game's design itself - and you don't see Brad Muir calling people to git gud or whatever.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
At least getting rid of Woolie+Liam gives the latter free time to get salty at Warren. I look forward to that.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Rodyle posted:

Woolie and Liam are usually fine together, Freedom Planet and The Fall for example.

Woolie/Matt is the only weak combo, and even then you occasionally get poo poo like Animorphs.

You may not have heard of a couple of concepts, known as Fighterpedia and Cryme Tyme.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah I don't think there's a blanket statement "all LPs with this combination are bad" that fits, it depends on the game and the mood and a lot of factors. Matt and Woolie make a lot of great stuff but the technical problems in MadWorld just made that unwatchable, for instance.

but Astro Boy was definitely a Bad LP and the reasons why lay entirely at Woolie and Liam's feet

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Rodyle posted:

look how loving wrong you are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITynSLwn-ek

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
thinking about best friend combo meals... I can't recall any LPs that are just Pat + Liam.

:tinfoil:they are clearly the same person and the Liam we all know and love is just an actor Pat hired to keep up the lie

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Super Mario RPG

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

OneDeadman posted:

thinking about best friend combo meals... I can't recall any LPs that are just Pat + Liam.

:tinfoil:they are clearly the same person and the Liam we all know and love is just an actor Pat hired to keep up the lie

There aren't many, but they have happened.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

SkeletonHero posted:

You may not have heard of a couple of concepts, known as Fighterpedia and Cryme Tyme.

CT's are uniformly funny for your requisite first 5 minutes of Woolie getting pissed off at Matt and also uniformly boring after that because the games are always this boring schlock by nature.

Exception: Fight for New York is a good LP pretty much all the way through. It and the multiswerve intro to Bad Boys kind of wrung out all they can really do with CT though, barring some future DJ Icon Fisticuffs.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jul 29, 2015

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I just hope matt doesn't look at the astro boy viewer count and go "Well no more side scrollers/Treasure games I guess!"

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Barkley is some top tier poo poo. Game and LP both.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

TriffTshngo posted:

Barkley is some top tier poo poo. Game and LP both.

It's especially fun since half the time I don't think either of them knew exactly what was even going on.

Speaking of, I haven't seen much mention of the new Resident Evil LP. But if you want to watch Pat repeatedly gently caress up and die in an RE installment because it's one of the few he hasn't memorized, then it's the LP for you.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Cryme Tyme with Woolie and Matt is the poo poo, I always end up rewatching 187 Ride or Die and the 50 Cent videos.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
THE LIFE IS STRANGE HYPE IS REAL

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
That is gonna be one seriously long episode, I hope the guys don't rush through it like they usually do.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Beef Chief posted:

THE LIFE IS STRANGE HYPE IS REAL

I can't wait to play through it.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Oh this is just too good.

quote:

Those shits at MS... are they loving with me...?
Oh Xbox, you giant piece of poo poo you.
GamesCom is gonna be fuuuun.

HGH fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Jul 29, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

HGH posted:

Oh this is just too good.

Oh Xbox, you giant piece of poo poo you.
GamesCom is gonna be fuuuun.

What?

Is that in relation to Scalebound?

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Captain Invictus posted:

What?

Is that in relation to Scalebound?

Looks like they're trying to gently caress the Unfuckable.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
judging by his earlier tweet it sounds like they just want him to come out on stage and he really doesn't want to

also to be fair to Pat, RE3 is legit hard

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

RE: Liam and Devil's Third

Didn't he say he had hands on experience with it at THQ? I think the game's gone through like three engine changes since then.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Genetic Toaster posted:

RE: Liam and Devil's Third

Didn't he say he had hands on experience with it at THQ? I think the game's gone through like three engine changes since then.

yes

he says "if that's still in there" and then continues pretending it is because if it's not his entire dumb argument falls apart

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

OneDeadman posted:

yo go watch the barkley shut up and jam or w/e rpg playthrough cause its amazing

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

I just hope matt doesn't look at the astro boy viewer count and go "Well no more side scrollers/Treasure games I guess!"

I don't think Matt is Capcom.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
You ever see Matt and Mr. Capcom in the same room? :tinfoil:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

By the way was Woolie vs Reboot shitcanned?

It was pretty much completely negative on release so I kinda feel bad for Woolie but at the same time if it was it's probably for the better.

Warren
Aug 9, 2009

What the-
They mentioned in the Con Bravo panel that it might not be finished due to the game not letting Woolie play the game or something similar to that. I vaguely recall something about the game being extreme bullshit

Now that time has long since passed and I still know jack poo poo about it, are the Walking Dead LP's worth watching/listening to in the background?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Warren posted:

They mentioned in the Con Bravo panel that it might not be finished due to the game not letting Woolie play the game or something similar to that. I vaguely recall something about the game being extreme bullshit

Now that time has long since passed and I still know jack poo poo about it, are the Walking Dead LP's worth watching/listening to in the background?

Yes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aJtlUYgzRmE