Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheFuzzyLumpkin
Sep 15, 2003

But you are a person, and I can't say I'm awfully fond of that.
Cope has finally pulled the trigger on making a Patreon, if anybody is interested in supporting her:

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=214986&ty=h

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

And we're back.

Even when Duane's being a badass attack zombie, he's still a dork. :allears:

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
I'm kind of impressed by this page. She's been through a lot of physical and emotional trauma, so it's nice to see her take a moment to escape it and let that emotion out.

I feel like you don't get moments like this very often in comics, let alone webcomics. It's really humanizing.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

I'm kind of impressed by this page. She's been through a lot of physical and emotional trauma, so it's nice to see her take a moment to escape it and let that emotion out.

I feel like you don't get moments like this very often in comics, let alone webcomics. It's really humanizing.
I think the reason she's crying and snotted up is because of the fact she can smell pymary (which to her, stinks like poo poo)- so with the silver deathbomb nightmare poo poo going on she just experienced the equivalent of swimming through an open sewage canal.

I imagine she probably feels a bit bad for Stockyard however.

VictorGrunn
Feb 15, 2004
Ye Guilty

Fabricated posted:

I think the reason she's crying and snotted up is because of the fact she can smell pymary (which to her, stinks like poo poo)- so with the silver deathbomb nightmare poo poo going on she just experienced the equivalent of swimming through an open sewage canal.

I imagine she probably feels a bit bad for Stockyard however.

And it probably doesn't help that this is all Nary's fault, and Duane made it clear that Nary was a dead man if this was all a con. Which it was. Which is tied up with the revelation that Nary possibly was out and out considering selling her to the world's most murderous pedophile.

She's got a lot to cry about.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Gonna have to side with the Baron on this one. I've definitely been there, flight or fight, only to have my emotions catch up with me later.

Sette's had a lot to chew on today.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I figured the actual cryfest was coming later when Duane reads those letters from Nary to her and she finds out what Nary really thinks of her.

Corponation
Apr 21, 2007

Fantastic.
So I was reading some more of Anadyne's lines earlier in the chapter, and I'm starting to think that this whole thing was more of a proof of concept for the weaponized silver, letting it destroy a town that was about to be mothballed anyway lets it wreck havoc with minimal cost and tie up some loose ends or something.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ahahahahaha, drat. Duane's cordiality disappeared fast there. Not that I can blame him, mind.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Duane might be a wordy-rear end mofo but his eyes say a lot with so little.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Dude's a bad listener tho.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

The Silver-flesh-lump-monster looks similar to the wandering root from the first chapter, of all things. Maybe the Black Toungue's found a way to create Senet beasts.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

DrSnakeLaser posted:

The Silver-flesh-lump-monster looks similar to the wandering root from the first chapter, of all things. Maybe the Black Toungue's found a way to create Senet beasts.

That was my thought when Duane said it looked familiar. I was wondering when the hell the comic was going to get back to that, the first chapter has always felt superfluous.

VictorGrunn
Feb 15, 2004
Ye Guilty

DrSnakeLaser posted:

Actually, I think it's something else he's remembering:

http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch10/ch10_67.html

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

VictorGrunn posted:

Actually, I think it's something else he's remembering:

http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch10/ch10_67.html

Aw gently caress you are exactly right

FriggenJ
Oct 23, 2000
I can't imagine how you'd go about one-upping this chapter for crazy action. What do you do after you've opened hell on earth?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

FriggenJ posted:

I can't imagine how you'd go about one-upping this chapter for crazy action. What do you do after you've opened hell on earth?

I like this theory:

Corponation posted:

So I was reading some more of Anadyne's lines earlier in the chapter, and I'm starting to think that this whole thing was more of a proof of concept for the weaponized silver, letting it destroy a town that was about to be mothballed anyway lets it wreck havoc with minimal cost and tie up some loose ends or something.

It makes a lot of sense in terms of story structure. I believe we're supposed to be somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 way through the story, and we're watching what we know of the plot basically fall apart. The story doesn't have much place to go unless someone has a Phase 2 already planned.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
I believe we're a little over halfway through the first book (of three), so in other words more like 1/6th or maybe approaching 1/5th of the way through the story.

That said, I expect that the First Silver Plot and related stuff is really pretty much just book one.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Jesus. Still, the point remains that it's really early for the comic to be blowing its load like this. The living silver weapon is just the beginning, not the end.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Yeah, definitely. We know what was being carried, but WHY and for whom and what are they planning next? And will our protagonists actually be motivated to do anything about it? Are we ever going to see Duane kick Nary's rear end? Many questions.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I've read it twice now and I can't help but see the panel where Duane catches the saw discs near the bottom as him having a giant poo poo eating grin instead of a line of bandage being on his face:
http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch10/ch10_109.html

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

"Gods. We are proper hosed."

Now you are working this out?

e: I hope Anadyne makes it out of this, at least.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Now that I think about it, where did Cutter go? He didn't get skewered and absorbed, did he? :ohdear:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

neogeo0823 posted:

Now that I think about it, where did Cutter go? He didn't get skewered and absorbed, did he? :ohdear:

Cutter's still on the ship, encouraging the silver's mutation.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

For some reason, completely unsubstantiated of course, I feel like letting Cutter get caught up in the blob would be like giving a Gundam a pilot.

FriggenJ
Oct 23, 2000
All those poor hookers. =(

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I think the green-haired girl was one of the nice ones.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Yay, Toby is feeling better! :downs:

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Can't wait to see Stockyard back on his feet!

E: I like Anadyne and Knock-Me-Down, I highly approve of them making it out alive.

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I think the green-haired girl was one of the nice ones.

She was.

I hope Dawn makes it out ok, she was p cool.

e2: really tho I'm pretty worried about Pantoffel

Strep Vote fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Aug 6, 2015

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Ruh roh turns out Cutter's on the helm!

tentacles
Nov 26, 2007
HAHAHA that poor mechanical spider

Sette's approach to problem-solving is adorable

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.
gently caress, Starfish is still alive.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Better not stay that way.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

"Hey Starfish, please die. Sincerely, everyone.

Miriam on August 14, 2015, at 12:03 AM"

Rarely are comments pages so spot on.

VictorGrunn
Feb 15, 2004
Ye Guilty
I'm kind of hoping Starfish does something heroic, even if misguidedly so, just to see how people react.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Starfish will live until the end of the comic.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Of all the people who could have survived this clusterfuck :cripes:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Autonomous Monster posted:

The clusterfuck is not over, and Starfish is following Sette deeper into it. If we're lucky he won't survive the chapter.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Autonomous Monster posted:

There is no way someone like Starfish doesn't get a gruesome on screen death. He's a dead man walking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Starfish was never gonna die off-screen or just by happenstance. He's the arc villain.

We're probably gearing up for the climactic confrontation right now.