Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Uhh excuse me Newt, the dentist lives in Eden Prairie and works in Bloomington, nothing to do with Minneapolis thank you very much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

Captain_Maclaine posted:

B. Hussein Obama has finally released our hero Jonathan Pollard...
Which leaves us to wonder...
When will he get around to releasing....
Nuclear fire on all of Iran?

drat.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Mulva posted:

What is it with the media and Sanders? Does he have something over every journalist? He's the lefts Ron Paul, he can't win and if he somehow did win he couldn't govern.

A. Horse Race

B. They really hate Hillary

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
Perfectly fine with the media playing up Bernie, because I want his policies integrated into mainstream Dem platforms with as much fervor. Elevating it all into the public zeitgeist so that a particular individual isn't necessary to push policy. If the media has to play into a fantasy for their own satisfaction that there is a horse race, why the hell should any of us complain? In this case the media need for ratings and views works in progressive favor.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

So...can someone decipher what the hell Huckster's trying to say here? This is him offering his own ingenious idea to deal with Iran:

quote:

Huckabee proposed a “third option” that involves taking the Russians, Iranians and Saudi Arabians “out of the energy business” but making the U.S. energy independent.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/foxs-kennedy-presses-huckabee-are-you-selling-war-against-iran/

How the hell does the U.S. getting "energy independent" make Russia, Iran and Saudi Arabia go "out of the energy business"?

He also says that this will "bankrupt" Iran and so they won't have any money to build a nuke. But didn't we already hurt Iran economically with the sanctions and hence why they came to the negotiating table to begin with?

My Man Shran posted:

Some kind soul recently gave us :heritage:.

Danke!

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Who will play Obama when he tells to troops to not help with an evil grin on his face and a turban on his head?

Aziz Ansiri or the guy who plays the black storm trooper in SWVII.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Clearly Huck invented Cold Fusion in his spare time and will allow America to be the nuclear powered, oil independent energy giant that it could be only if she elects him into the oval office. Or he's just making a weak promise that he'll totally support alternative energy and won't listen to oil money like everyone else in politics once the election is over.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Evil Fluffy posted:

Maybe generic characters with no/different names probably helps him avoid being sued by the victims' families?

Maybe they're running with that stupid Glenn Beck conspiracy theory. If so, I hope there's a goonfleet reference thrown in for good measure.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Mr Interweb posted:

He also says that this will "bankrupt" Iran and so they won't have any money to build a nuke. But didn't we already hurt Iran economically with the sanctions and hence why they came to the negotiating table to begin with?

Someone needs to tell him about N. Korea.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Mulva posted:

What is it with the media and Sanders?

Everyone loves a good underdog story, and he's already polling better and better funded than ever expected with still-increasing momentum.

Plus, Clinton is the liberal equivalent of Mitt Romney. In lieu of a concession speech, she'll sing Daisy as Bill pulls out her memory cores.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Accretionist posted:

Everyone loves a good underdog story, and he's already polling better and better funded than ever expected with still-increasing momentum.

Plus, Clinton is the liberal equivalent of Mitt Romney. In lieu of a concession speech, she'll sing Daisy as Bill pulls out her memory cores.

Your making me think she's The Boss and Bill Clinton is Snake, despite this reference being to 2001.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Pohl posted:

Someone needs to tell him about N. Korea.

To be fair N. Korea is infinitely more oppressive than Iran. It is much easier to devote resources toward a bomb if you've already succeeded in beating down the will of your population while they suffer famine.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Accretionist posted:

Bernie's only gonna pick up a few states. Clinton has an 80% favorability rating with Democrats, a huge warchest, and historically significant endorsements. Bernie's surge is about the media's desire for an illusory horserace and his objective is to attack Clinton from the left and force her to make leftward concessions. Which is great. Bernie's doing a great job.

The only thing that could knock Clinton out of the ring at this point is a young attractive politically articulate (gently caress you I know how this sounds) minority woman entering the race right now.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jul 29, 2015

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Bernie's only gonna pick up a few states. Clinton has an 80% favorability rating with Democrats, a huge warchest, and historically significant endorsements. Bernie's surge is about the media's desire for an illusory horserace and his objective is to attack Clinton from the left and force her to make leftward concessions. Which is great. Bernie's doing a great job.

What concessions has she made?

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Within a few months, the dismissals putting him below O'Malley are now giving him a few states. This is the momentum. It's too early to tell but I think he's got a real shot at clinching the nomination.

greatn posted:

If it's still undecided when she becomes president, she'll answer your question.

Accretionist fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jul 29, 2015

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

greatn posted:

The Trans-Pacific partnership bill. She's historically been for it but it's unpopular with the liberal side of the party and she's noticed.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

IMDB isn't some monolithic organization. Studios/Agencies will usually list the top people for a movie, then leave the rest to the individual actor/actress to fill in. On big projects that also has to be verified by IMDB which can take anywhere from 2 weeks to never actually happening because they don't give a poo poo. Because you don't see a credit doesn't mean the character isn't in the film.

IMDB makes all their money from extras who want to build themselves a page and pay 150 bucks a year to list "Dude with White Hair" or whatever.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

you're goddamn right newt

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Trabisnikof posted:

I have a feeling that if we replace congress with a national meeting of the American Association of Zoo Keepers we might receive better legislative results.

Sure, we'd spend more on zoos than the next 10 nations combined, but that sounds like a cost I'm totally willing to pay.

I wonder, if Newt gave up politics for national zoo directing if he'd suddenly be very adamant about stopping climate change.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Nelson Mandingo posted:

The Trans-Pacific partnership bill. She's historically been for it but it's unpopular with the liberal side of the party and she's noticed.

I think she's moved from being for it to refusing to talk about it.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Especially since the guy has a history of hunting poo poo he shouldn't be. I'm guessing "I thought everything was on the level" is douchebag for "I made a conscious effort to not check into it."

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Accretionist posted:

Within a few months, the dismissals putting him below O'Malley are now giving him a few states. This is the momentum. It's too early to tell but I think he's got a real shot at clinching the nomination.

Ha ha. Ok. I love Bernie as much as the next progressive but I will :toxx: myself right now. Bernie Sanders will not win the nomination against Clinton. How on earth is Bernie gonna win the nomination when something like 4% of minorities support him versus Clinton's like 70%? On top of that Clinton's got 80% favorability within the Democratic party itself.

quote:

I think she's moved from being for it to refusing to talk about it.

http://www.ibtimes.com/hillary-clinton-trans-pacific-partnership-obama-aide-calls-her-out-tpp-past-1975980 She clearly supports the deal but to the rest of the party she's having a harder time selling it, and will have to make concessions. Which is exactly what we want. It's a lovely deal right now.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Lote posted:

Philly Cheesesteaks are made with Cheese Whiz, traditionally.

I'm aware of that... I was imagining him asking for slices like he was 10.

"Cheese please!"

Someone from philly can now chastise me for not knowing the local ordering food customs

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

FizFashizzle posted:

IMDB isn't some monolithic organization. Studios/Agencies will usually list the top people for a movie, then leave the rest to the individual actor/actress to fill in. On big projects that also has to be verified by IMDB which can take anywhere from 2 weeks to never actually happening because they don't give a poo poo. Because you don't see a credit doesn't mean the character isn't in the film.

IMDB makes all their money from extras who want to build themselves a page and pay 150 bucks a year to list "Dude with White Hair" or whatever.

Anyone with an account can submit information and I imagine plenty of goons will give whatever character that might be him plenty of attention.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Ha ha. Ok. I love Bernie as much as the next progressive but I will :toxx: myself right now. Bernie Sanders will not win the nomination against Clinton. How on earth is Bernie gonna win the nomination when something like 4% of minorities support him versus Clinton's like 70%? On top of that Clinton's got 80% favorability within the Democratic party itself.

Honestly, he just needs current trends to continue.

National poll:

National poll of Democrats (Hillary's dark blue on top, Bernie's light blue on bottom looking like an exponential function(, sucka)):

But we've got until next year so :iiam:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Accretionist posted:

National poll:

National poll of Democrats (Hillary's dark blue on top, Bernie's light blue on bottom looking like an exponential function(, sucka)):

Much like bitcoin, Bernie can only go up uP UP.

Also, please use log scale on your graphs.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Accretionist posted:

National poll:

It's not a mystery. Hillary is the most obviously anointed candidate since George Washington.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I contacted Cruz's office to see if I could get a White House or Library of Congress tour when I'm visiting DC (those requests have to go through your Congresspeople and my House rep's office never bothered to contact me back). Now I'm getting campaign spam in email. :owned: I guess.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Can't wait to receive my marching orders from comrade Bernie tonight.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the morning, “I have seen pictures from them and obviously find them disturbing. Planned Parenthood is answering questions and will continue to answer questions. I think there are two points to make. One, Planned Parenthood for more than a century has done a lot of really good work for women: cancer screenings, family planning, all kinds of health services. And this raises not questions about Planned Parenthood so much as it raises questions about the whole process, that is, not just involving Planned Parenthood, but many institutions in our country.” ~ Hillary Clinton

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Basically. Newt is relatable and human. I can't imagine Scott Walker, say, being remotely interesting or relatable. Newt? poo poo, we could have a good time as long as politics isn't brought up!

And as silly as it was I kinda liked that alternative history book he wrote.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Phone posted:

Much like bitcoin, Bernie can only go up uP UP.

Also, please use log scale on your graphs.

Much like Chinese stock market, Clinton cannot fail

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Accretionist posted:

National poll:

Looking forward to Bernie getting 150% support among Democrats by February.

The Larch fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jul 29, 2015

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Accretionist posted:

Much like Chinese stock market, Clinton cannot fail

Any candidate that's too big to fail is too big to exist - Bernie Sanders

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Joementum posted:

Quote of the morning, “I have seen pictures from them and obviously find them disturbing. Planned Parenthood is answering questions and will continue to answer questions. I think there are two points to make. One, Planned Parenthood for more than a century has done a lot of really good work for women: cancer screenings, family planning, all kinds of health services. And this raises not questions about Planned Parenthood so much as it raises questions about the whole process, that is, not just involving Planned Parenthood, but many institutions in our country.” ~ Hillary Clinton

as a leftist i'm quickly growing to loathe hillary between this and hillary possibly supporting a special new worker classification for uber and pals

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Joementum posted:

Yes putting things through spooky filters and editing can make it appear disturbing. Don't recall the Blaire Witch Project putting the Dept. of Interior on notice though.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Shifty Pony posted:

I contacted Cruz's office to see if I could get a White House or Library of Congress tour when I'm visiting DC (those requests have to go through your Congresspeople and my House rep's office never bothered to contact me back). Now I'm getting campaign spam in email. :owned: I guess.

Well that's illegal, so kudos I guess.

Trump doesn't have an official logo yet, so his supporters in Michigan have made him one
I actually like it better than the other GOP ones done by professionals. It's distinct, but it stands out and you instantly know who it is for. Try getting that out of the modified flag Walker stole from America's Best Contacts

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Joementum posted:

Ah the classic Clinton lack of a spine. I thought she learned her lesson from last time and ditched those 90s shitheads who thought this was a good thing. Does anyone really want diet republican?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Joementum posted:

Holy poo poo, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yoooooooooooouuuuuuu Hillary. Jesus Christ.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Joementum posted:

The one candidate who has the most to gain from a full-throated defense of Planned Parenthood and she decides to go with wishy-washy bullshit until the dust settles.

Waiting for the focus-test results to come back before she'll take a firm position on anything will hurt her badly in the general. People don't like candidates who can be painted as uncertain on their beliefs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Fried Chicken posted:

Trump doesn't have an official logo yet, so his supporters in Michigan have made him one

Starburns for president?

Other then the star, which doesn't really work for me, it is actually a decent looking logo. Mostly just in how easily identifiable it is as trumps.

• Locked thread