Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
This is the most apologetic I've heard when it comes to cases like this, holy poo poo

the police chief compared what happened with Afghanistan

edit: "unquestionably a murder"

"fell backwards after he [tensing] shot him [dubose] in the head"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

Lemming posted:

What the gently caress? What's the process to start a loving manhunt? "Oh hey sarge, some kids knocked on my door so I chased them with my gun and started shooting at them, I got them to crash but one got away. Can we bring the helicopter out for this one?" "Sounds good, I'll grab the dogs, too!"

Cops using other cops for some personal vendetta. I bet this happens all the time.

Terraplane
Aug 16, 2007

And when I mash down on your little starter, then your spark plug will give me fire.
"This just does not happen in the United States. People do not get shot unless they are violent towards a police officer."

LOL

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Deters: He should have never been a police officer. @WCPO #SamDubose

Well he was a campus security guard. Unfortunantly, in the last 30 years or so we all got scared and deputized them and gave them guns.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

nm posted:

Well he was a campus security guard. Unfortunantly, in the last 30 years or so we all got scared and deputized them and gave them guns.

I mentioned this way up-thread, but at least in Louisiana, campus police are, for all intents & purposes, state police. They receive the exact same training & commission.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
So it sounds like Sam Dubose was a drunk driver, and was trying to pull away slowly. Of course you have a million options there, but this officer decided "pull out gun shoot in back of head in less than a second".

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

pathetic little tramp posted:

So it sounds like Sam Dubose was a drunk driver, and was trying to pull away slowly. Of course you have a million options there, but this officer decided "pull out gun shoot in back of head in less than a second".

Did he have a cigarette?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Well I don't even need to surmise from what he's saying, it sounds like they're going to release the video right now.

edit: He's explaining that he always meant to release the video, but didn't want to because the cop was busy telling bullshit stories and didn't want the cop thinking he could wait out the video and change his story based on that.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I honestly feel really bad for the prosecutor right now. He sounds like he's been through some poo poo.

"I'm treating him like a murderer. We're gonna arrest him."

edit: well i'm an idiot

Chelb fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jul 29, 2015

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.

Terraplane posted:

"This just does not happen in the United States. People do not get shot unless they are violent towards a police officer."

LOL

This needs to be LOLed at more. Also thread title change people.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Rollofthedice posted:

I honestly feel really bad for Cincinnati's police chief right now. He sounds like he's been through some poo poo.

I believe this is the DA. And this is not Cincy Police, it's UofC police making an off-campus stop.

edit: Which is one thing that definitely helps. Real police do not care much for campus rent-a-cops.

pathetic little tramp fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jul 29, 2015

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Calling it a real chickenshit stop... this prosecutor rules.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Rollofthedice posted:

I honestly feel really bad for Cincinnati's police chief right now. He sounds like he's been through some poo poo.

So he's not arrested yet?

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Yeah, it's Hamilton County prosecutor Deters, my mistake.

ElCondemn posted:

He's on administrative leave right now, but probably not within the next hour!

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

ElCondemn posted:

Warrant is issued and they're out arresting him at the moment as long as he goes quietly. He said they'd like if his lawyer turns him over but aren't waiting on it.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
This is a purposeful killing of another person. -- Deters says he'll seek life in prison for Ray Tensing #SamDubose

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004
Wow, chalk one up for body cameras.

So Union contracts can protect you from having to talk to the cops. I'm thinking about starting a union.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
about to start the video https://www.wcpo.com/live

e: tv isn't gonna play it live in case it's graphic

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Body cam video's starting at the conference.

WCPO will not be viewing the graphic parts, and will instead be looking at the audience as they view it.

edit: It's funny/horrifying that tensing was apparently making poo poo up about the video beforehand, and the DA withheld it so the murderer could sink himself as far as he could.

Chelb fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jul 29, 2015

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i'm gonna go ahead and say this cop is getting tried because he's a campus cop, not a true hero

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

This is probably the best thing they could have done. The chaos in Baltimore and Ferguson was caused by the lack of immediate identification and prosecution of the officers involved (and in the case of Ferguson, clearing Darren Wilson of charges). I don't think Cincinnati is going to be on fire any time soon.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Condiv posted:

i'm gonna go ahead and say this cop is getting tried because he's a campus cop, not a true hero

This is probably true.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

chitoryu12 posted:

This is probably the best thing they could have done. The chaos in Baltimore and Ferguson was caused by the lack of immediate identification and prosecution of the officers involved (and in the case of Ferguson, clearing Darren Wilson of charges). I don't think Cincinnati is going to be on fire any time soon.

Nah plus I think the UofC police are going to get beat down pretty hard to just doing on-campus drinking stings here on out. That'll be some real change for the better.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Dahn posted:

So Union contracts can protect you from having to talk to the cops. I'm thinking about starting a union.
No, the fifth and soxth amendments do that.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
they puilled away, but it sounds like he shot him as he started to drive off

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
"He chased the car after he shot him in the head"

:stare:

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

MariusLecter posted:

"He chased the car after he shot him in the head"

:stare:

Yeah, the man died instantly but his corpse just kept accelerating, so the cop actually made the situation 10x worse.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
grand jury has already indicted

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
"do you think the officer tried to mislead about what happened?"

"yeah"

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
It's sad, but this prosecutor is a breath of fresh air.

semper wifi
Oct 31, 2007
Saw it on another stream, the cop reaches into the car to try and grab the guy/unbuckle him, guy guns it, cop runs along the side of the car for a second, extricates his left arm at the same time he draws with his right and shoots. Car crashes into a pole soon after.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Kro-Bar posted:

Saying that a taser wouldnt even be justified. Whoa

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

body cams should be loving mandatory.

Deters, the DA, while answering a question on whether the cop should've used a taser:
"This guy didn't deserve to be tased, and he certainly didn't deserve to be shot in the head!"

Chelb fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jul 29, 2015

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
paraphrasing: "if there hadn't been video, we wouldn't have evidence of murder"

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

The prosecutor sounds exhausted and drained. I wonder if it's just because A) he knows this press conference is gonna cause a shitstorm or B) He's had to deal with a ton of threats and red tape from cops trying to not get him to release the tape

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

SgtScruffy posted:

The prosecutor sounds exhausted and drained. I wonder if it's just because A) he knows this press conference is gonna cause a shitstorm or B) He's had to deal with a ton of threats and red tape from cops trying to not get him to release the tape

I'm guessing he has the testicular fortitude to get it released though. :v:

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

Kro-Bar posted:

This ^^^

I don't think there will be a need to verify the video on this one.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Has anyone found the full clip yet?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

pathetic little tramp posted:

Yeah, the man died instantly but his corpse just kept accelerating, so the cop actually made the situation 10x worse.

To be fair, this is the only non weird thing as a car with an automatic in drive will keep going until it hits an immovable object.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Kro-Bar posted:

Has anyone found the full clip yet?

MSNBC has already said they won't show, people are saying it's very disturbing. I see autopsies every day so I wouldn't know, I'll trust them.

Tensing is in custody.

• Locked thread