Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.
Man, this guy makes the game look so goddamn easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

New strats live

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

dis astranagant posted:

New strats live
Casually debuting TAS strats like it's no biggie.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

This dude is pro as gently caress, I can't express how much playing this game is like using a 3rd party pc gamepad submerged in a jar of honey

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Ecco has a lot of balls.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

SectumSempra posted:

Half minute hero and Birth By sleep make me miss my psp.

Especially birth by sleep.

Man that game was good.

You can play both of them outside of the PSP now. You can buy Half-Minute Hero 1 & 2 bundled together for $10 on Steam here. And Birth By Sleep is on the PS3 in the Kingdom Hearts 2.5 release, which can generally found for $20 or so with Kingdom Hearts 2 included.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

The Kins posted:

The Ecco games are notoriously hard. Sega actually insisted on making a bunch of things easier in the Japanese version. This interview for the 3D Classics re-release talks about it.

Well that Sega Tech for you, Americans are Hardcore,

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I missed BlueGlass' stereotypical nerd laughter, it has become endearing to me.

Also he claps like a moron.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Yeah that boss was a jizzing dick. :stare:

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

This run is pretty great, actually. Good commentary, well-paced, couch with Blueglass, and unprecedented live TAS tricks. Neato.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Dude is a gentleman, A+++ run, would buy again.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

SectumSempra posted:

Half minute hero and Birth By sleep make me miss my psp.

Especially birth by sleep.

Man that game was good.

BBS on the PS3 is so much better unless you actually wanted to play on the bus or something.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

This run is pretty great, actually. Good commentary, well-paced, couch with Blueglass, and unprecedented live TAS tricks. Neato.

Yeah good commentary can really make runs. I like it when the guys act with a modicum of professionalism.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm watching the Ori and the Blind Forest speedrun right now and it's kind of mesmerizing watching them completely break the game. It's also cool cause the devs are on the phone with them and are totally okay with them breaking things the way they are.

AvidAcid
May 30, 2004

oh christ
Amazing run with a great, friendly vibe + in-depth commentary!

Mazreal
Oct 5, 2002

adjusts monocle

JerikTelorian posted:

Yeah good commentary can really make runs. I like it when the guys act with a modicum of professionalism.

Just the fact that he responded to the donations was great, the awkward silence most runners fall back on is the worst.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What runs are coming up, the list of game is not working on their site.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Rirse posted:

http://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/3emv6z/sgdq_vod_thread_2015/

Sonic block soon.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Ecco the Dolphin is so loving weird. A time-traveling dolphin fighting aliens in levels named after Pink Floyd songs? Sure, why not.

king salmon
Oct 30, 2011

by Cowcaster
[url]http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:jYLolTpv2akJ:https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us[/url]

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Rirse posted:

Gunstar Heroes and then Freedom Planet.

Great games and Freedom Planet is one I strongly recommend people hang around to watch because speedruns of that game are super sick.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rirse posted:

C/P of the rest of the day:

SGDQ posted:

1:47 PM Ecco: The Tides of Time Dolfinh Genesis 0:45:00 0:05:00 CosmykTheDolfyn Dolfinht
2:37 PM Gunstar Heroes iongravirei, TonyOgbot Wii VC 0:50:00 0:05:00 Co-op, incentive for Expert mode iongravirei, TonyOgbot
3:32 PM Freedom Planet johannhowitzer, Mylexsi PC 1:05:00 0:15:00 Lilac race AlecK47, Ghoul02 johannhowitzer, Mylexsi
4:52 PM Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble bertin Gamecube 0:25:00 0:05:00 Sonic run sylux98
5:22 PM Sonic Advance Combo_Blaze, kirbymastah Gamecube (GBP) 0:25:00 0:15:00 Amy race Combo_Blaze, kirbymastah
6:02 PM Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Aleck47, Jmatt Genesis 0:30:00 0:05:00 Race! kirbymastah Aleck47, TheJMatt
6:37 PM Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D NOUFozzy 3DS 2:15:00 0:05:00 NOUFozzy
8:57 PM BONUS! The Legend of Zelda, swordless jkoper NES 1:05:00 0:10:00 We'll see just how dangerous it is to go alone, old man. LackAttack24, Darkwing Duck jkoper
10:12 PM Earthbound Aurilliux SNES 1:55:00 0:05:00 Aurilliux

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(
Can we just put that reddit link in the OP? Its been asked for like 300 times.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
This game is rad and I will forever remember it for keeping me distracted during my early days of unemployment

AvidAcid
May 30, 2004

oh christ
I wish the game audio was a bit louder for this one :(

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Really glad I tuned in for this run. Cool game and these dudes seem normal and are having fun

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Gunstar Heroes and then Freedom Planet.

Great games and Freedom Planet is one I strongly recommend people hang around to watch because speedruns of that game are super sick.

Freedom Planet is also in a humble bundle this week, for anyone who's interested.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

raditts posted:

Freedom Planet is also in a humble bundle this week, for anyone who's interested.

i already own the game and I bought the humble bundle anyway solely to get the soundtrack download

godspeed furry platform game

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'd watch a whole marathon of just normal dudes playing games not screaming not doing voices not even necessarily speedrunning, just havin fun

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Quest For Glory II posted:

i'd watch a whole marathon of just normal dudes playing games not screaming not doing voices not even necessarily speedrunning, just havin fun

Perhaps I could interest you in like one of a million Let's Plays or streams of normal people playing normal games

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

GNU Order posted:

Perhaps I could interest you in like one of a million Let's Plays or streams of normal people playing normal games
I said normal people not screaming or doing voices

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Quest For Glory II posted:

I said normal people not screaming or doing voices

http://lparchive.org

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I thought the normal rule is that time stops when you enter your last input? Why does it very between games?

Mazreal
Oct 5, 2002

adjusts monocle

Senor Candle posted:

I thought the normal rule is that time stops when you enter your last input? Why does it very between games?

the normal rule is whenever you lose control to the final cutscene or credits or whatever.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Senor Candle posted:

I think that's only with TAS games or something. Everything else seems to go with "whatever the first person to run this decided".

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Alright, I was waiting for Freedom Planet.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Senor Candle posted:

That usually IS the normal rule, but it hardly matters any as long as everyone is timing their runs the same way for a given game. There's also the Japanese to consider and their standardised timing rule tends to be "at the end of the credits".

e; yo this run is gonna be sick

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

They've already caught up and are ahead of schedule again. Impressive.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

This game feels like how a Sonic game should play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Senor Candle posted:

Because sometimes it's not obvious when the last input is entered, and you want something obvious (a visual or audio cue) to use to click the "done" button.

Take Half-Life 2, for example. Technically speaking, you can stop doing inputs once you knock out the final rotating shield on the portal generator. It's not obvious, until the animation plays, that you've actually hit it -- especially since you're constantly looking away from that to get the next ball in case you missed the shot. However, there is a predictable delay (I want to say 27 seconds or so) between the final input and the final cinematic, which starts with a convenient white flash and a visual cue. So, RTA runners will use that white flash as the "end of game" time.

• Locked thread