Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
That VW looks like a prop from the 1984 film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
It looks like it was designed by someone who thought that the VW Thing was far too curvy and aerodynamic.

Not that I object, just saying...

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
:laugh:

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/5143143461.html

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
What a waste of a car. loving drive it you rear end in a top hat!

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Literally driving it around the block will probably do more harm than good unless he makes sure it gets nice and hot.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5144553394.html

Cadillac Flower Car.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Why haven't you bought that already?

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

buttcrackmenace posted:

Lol. The lovely economy on the D has to do with our hills. To paraphrase a certain recently-disgraced comic actor - they go straight up and straight down

Seriously?

A bit confused here. Are F-250s known for abnormal brake wear?
Haven't had many brake-related issues with the Durango... 3 brake jobs in the ~7 years I've owned it.

Kind of a moot point anyway, as the seller never emailed me back. Off to search again.

6.9 IDI made 170ish HP and 315 ft/lbs

5.9 magnum 230 HP and 325ft/lbs

The 6.9 was a turd. It burned oil, it was decent on fuel, but thats about it. Even the 7.3 was a turd, and only until the Power Stroke came out is when they started getting the big power gains.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Do we have any goons in Oregon? I may be going to eugene next week to pick up some craigslist gold for a fly-drive back to Phoenix :getin:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Why haven't you bought that already?

I'd have to then buy an LS motor and it would end with a blower through the hood and me divorced.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

slidebite posted:

Literally driving it around the block will probably do more harm than good unless he makes sure it gets nice and hot.

Sorry, it's a collectors item not meant to be driven

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Nodoze posted:

Sorry, it's a collectors item not meant to be driven

Wanna do a huge fuckin powerslide out of that dudes driveway after tossing him the cash.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I know it's always a Fiero, but god drat... the amount of money someone "invested" in this must be staggering.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/5140532931.html

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

meatpimp posted:

I know it's always a Fiero, but god drat... the amount of money someone "invested" in this must be staggering.

First thing that came to mind:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

StormDrain posted:

I'd have to then buy an LS motor and it would end with a blower through the hood and me divorced.

Let's be really honest with each other. Your wife probably has Mad Max fantasies and you should act on them immediately.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I laughed. Then I got kinda creeped out.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

That's from the awful taxidermy thread a couple years ago (right before GBS 2.0) right?

EvellSnoats
Oct 22, 2010
Can't believe this has been up for 16 days.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

EvellSnoats posted:

Can't believe this has been up for 16 days.

The Mark V isn't really worth owning unless you like burning money and not going fast. The engine got like 9mpg and only had like 200hp from a 460. It's a fun car to drive, in the same way all the big Fords from the 70's are fun to drive, but the Mark IV is worlds better in just about every way and they're basically the same price these days. Or get a Mark III and get all the best aspects.

edit

Oh and it's loving pink. There weren't any women buying new personal luxury cars in the late 70's and there aren't buying them now.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jul 30, 2015

hedgegnome
May 20, 2008
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/5143614565.html

Well, I have decided to sell my 1964 Baja Karman Ghia. We just bought an old house in Nevada City and are going to need the extra funds soon to make it our own.
This rare beast was built in the late1970's and still retains a ton of the period correct charm you would expect from a vintage race build. I was informed by the previous owner that a family friend built it for competition and ran it in the 1979 and 1981 Baja 1000. It still retains most of the original race equipment (roll cage, front and rear sub frames, Steering brakes, chassis skid plate, suspension etc) but has since had a more streetable motor installed (1,600 dual port) and new seats and harnesses within the last year. I bought this Baja Ghia because in all my years as an air cooled VW enthusiast, I have never seen another one. It is a great grocery getter/show car and receives a LOT of looks and smiles wherever it goes.
Here are some of the new items installed on the car within the last 2 years. . .
New Seats/harnesses, tail light lenses, roll bar padding, KC Highlight front auxiliary headlamps, Windshield, front and rear windshield rubber, fire extinguisher, complete brake system (hoses, shoes, master and slave cylinders), fuel pump, bowden tube, shift bushings, electric choke mechanism, fuel lines, synthetic oil change, Interior and exterior (matte Huggar Orange) paint.
This Ghia just won 1st place in the off road division at a the prestigious Bugorama car show in Sacramento CA. This relic has lived it's entire life in CA and is 100% rust free.
Please feel free to call Five3zero-five59-65one8 to set up an appointment to view. I am accepting offers over 10K. Thanks for looking!
At first i was like whaaaaat but then i was like daaaaaaaamn.
I want to drive this everywhere all the time.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

meatpimp posted:

That rear end in a top hat really stepped up the awfulness by not only putting a V12 sticker on the side, but also putting a fake V12 in the rear window

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Geirskogul posted:

Do we have any goons in Oregon? I may be going to eugene next week to pick up some craigslist gold for a fly-drive back to Phoenix :getin:

I'll be in Eugene for work next week, probably Monday or Tuesday. Are you flying into PDX or EUG? What're you buying?

blk
Dec 19, 2009
lol, last paragraph: http://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/5146909943.html

howling_mad
May 11, 2014

Ha, great catch. Dammit Grace.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

blk posted:

I'll be in Eugene for work next week, probably Monday or Tuesday. Are you flying into PDX or EUG? What're you buying?

Pdx, going to happy valley Monday. Sorry, was originally Eugene

Valkyn
Jun 6, 2004

Have you seen this camwhore before?
Good deal on a hemi block, some repair needed.

[/URL]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/426-HEMI-ALUMINUM-BLOCK-/191645101540

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Holy loving poo poo.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You would think he would have called it a day after the first hole.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
I want to see the rockers that these pushrods were going to actuate, because it looks an awful lot like he'd have needed to grind the heads as well.

Just use a bigger bump stick and regular-geometry rockers next time, Mr. totally professional race engine builder who totally isn't a shadetree bubba with no clue and a die grinder.

Valkyn
Jun 6, 2004

Have you seen this camwhore before?

IPCRESS posted:

I want to see the rockers that these pushrods were going to actuate, because it looks an awful lot like he'd have needed to grind the heads as well.

Yeah, one would think that you might reconsider your valve train geometry before going to town grinding on the block.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

quote:

WATER AND ANTIFREEZE WILL FLOW THROUGH HER LIKE ANY OTHER ENGINE
Straight into the sump just about as fast as you can pour it, just like any other engine with 2 3/8" holes in the water jacket.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/1986-pontiac-fiero/1070956699?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I want to see the poor bastard they saddle up with financing and a used car warranty on an '86 Fiero. Hell, might as well sell them some undercoating at that point.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Valkyn posted:

Good deal on a hemi block, some repair needed.

[/URL]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/426-HEMI-ALUMINUM-BLOCK-/191645101540

I... just... what? :psyduck: How the gently caress does someone think that's ok? Wonder what the scrap value is...

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
It can be fixed, it's probably just not worth doing so. The guy who took the picture probably put down a skim coat of JB Weld and called it done.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Seat Safety Switch posted:

It can be fixed, it's probably just not worth doing so. The guy who took the picture probably put down a skim coat of JB Weld and called it done.

Current bid is at $900 loving dollars?
Are people really that desperate to make Charger clones?

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

Tai-Pan posted:

Current bid is at $900 loving dollars?
Are people really that desperate to make Charger clones?

Personally, I like that the reserve still isn't met at $909.

"I want more money for this rooted block than you'd pay for a good one".

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

" HE SAID THEY ARE REPAIRABLE,BUT HE DOES NOT HAVE THE TIME TO REPAIR THE BLOCK. HE IS VERY BUSY BUILDING RACE MOTORS FOR HIS CUSTOMERS."

I feel sorry for his loving customers, Jesus.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

leica posted:

" HE SAID THEY ARE REPAIRABLE,BUT HE DOES NOT HAVE THE TIME TO REPAIR THE BLOCK. HE IS VERY BUSY BUILDING RACE MOTORS FOR HIS CUSTOMERS."

I feel sorry for his loving customers, Jesus.

Lol, that's the thing that jumped out at me, too. I can just see the guy hunched over block with a grinder in his hands. "Grrrrrrrnnnnnnrgh! Grrrrrrrnnnnnnrgh! Grrrrrrrnnnnnnrgh!" Hole appears, grinding guy stands up. "I could fix that right up, but I'm too busy building racing engines."

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
I think you mean one hole appears and they think they could fix that and keep going. But when there's two holes, then and only then, are they too busy to fix it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Centripetal Horse posted:

Lol, that's the thing that jumped out at me, too. I can just see the guy hunched over block with a grinder in his hands. "Grrrrrrrnnnnnnrgh! Grrrrrrrnnnnnnrgh! Grrrrrrrnnnnnnrgh!" Hole appears, grinding guy stands up. "I could fix that right up, but I'm too busy building racing engines."

He can't slow down and go back. Look at how much work all that grinding is.