Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caerulius
Jun 23, 2007

This was a waste of $5.

Dinotron posted:

Since we e-sports now and the August update is right around the corner, is there any talk of getting a goon clan going? Goons are generally my favorite people to play with in online games and I'm sure Splatoon will be no different.

Goons have been the best to play against, so really I'm hoping people want a tournament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Password system confirmed.

New hat too

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I'm so glad this update coincided with my week off.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Hey Splatoon, stop doing 6+ chains of Port Mackerel. The map sucks, broh.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Password for what?

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Ometeotl posted:

Password for what?

Private rooms? In the patch notes that have been announced/leaked?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Ometeotl posted:

Password for what?

Loadouts maybe? Or Lobbies?

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Also LAN set ups if I'm reading it right.

arcsig
May 29, 2015

There's a game store near me that does weekly tournaments for a ton of games like Smash (Melee/PM/4) and some fighting games, and also Magic. I'm really hoping they try doing some sort of weekly Splatoon LAN event. Maybe not full fledged tournaments (I don't know if there would be enough interested people in the area to have a significant number of teams) but setting up a ton of TV's and doing some 4v4's with everyone in the same room would be awesome as hell.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Silentman0 posted:

Leak of the new Urchin Underpass layout.

https://mobile.twitter.com/asming_splatoon/status/626331962001653760

Guy who posted it said it was fake.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Hey Splatoon, stop doing 6+ chains of Port Mackerel. The map sucks, broh.

On the other hand Port Mackerel is really entertaining if you're Charging

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

BattleMaster posted:

On the other hand Port Mackerel is really entertaining if you're Charging

I disagree.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Oh man, a quadkill on Triggerfish just got us back to a win from a 1-100 Tower Control. If you're all gonna crowd on the tower, at least spread yourselves out.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Why do people hate port mackrel. Its one of the best turf war maps.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Borsche69 posted:

Why do people hate port mackrel. Its one of the best turf war maps.

they think because it has narrow hallways that makes it bad, because any map with chokepoints is clearly a grindy deathfest that's never fun.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Port Mackerel is fine unless its splat zones then its god awful.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I don't like the flatness of Port Mackerel.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

Port Mackerel is fine unless its splat zones then its god awful.

Whoops, I meant splat zones. Its one of hte best splat zone maps. Two splat zones positioned as an attack/defend. There are narrow walkways but they're split into a grid so its easy to go around people. It's great.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Its awful actually because its a map that requires more teamwork than any other. This is a bad thing when communication in this game is impossible beyond BOOYAH. You just have to pray you get a competent team cause no matter how good you are, you can't control both zones by yourself.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the only time i hate Port Mackerel is when some rear end in a top hat completely shuts down a lane with Splash Walls and nobody flanks them with me. it's also a map where people tend to disregard defense the second they break into the enemy base.

night slime
May 14, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

Its awful actually because its a map that requires more teamwork than any other. This is a bad thing when communication in this game is impossible beyond BOOYAH. You just have to pray you get a competent team cause no matter how good you are, you can't control both zones by yourself.

I went a whole match with a kid who just sat there at one of the splat zones and didn't move. Cool

They should add a roulette mode for guns and maybe gear for the squid squads, that would be interesting.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

http://fortune.com/2015/07/29/nintendo-splatoon/

Splatoon is the hero of the Wii U.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Finally got a few turf war rounds on Triggerfish and that map is freaking odd and fun. Just a really good experience.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Inklings are cute.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Iwata would have liked to hear this.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Crasical posted:

Inklings are cute.

Adorable.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Crasical posted:

Inklings are cute.

But he's blue. Wouldn't it be like sticking your hands in battery acid?

(actually v. cute thx)

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Crasical posted:

Inklings are cute.

:allears:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Stay fresh IRL.
https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/626586416340824064/photo/1

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Yes.

I need all of those keychains, preferably tomorrow pleaseandthanks.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

These are gacha toys and I've heard the machines are quite difficult to find.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Whoever was extolling the virtues of the Luna Blaster earlier today, thanks. That weapon is fun as hell.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Splatoon update is coming out on my birthday. Thanks, Nintendo! :toot:

Orabilis
May 6, 2014

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Finally got a few turf war rounds on Triggerfish and that map is freaking odd and fun. Just a really good experience.

Rapid Blaster and point control Triggerfish has gotten me through most of B rank.

Caerulius
Jun 23, 2007

This was a waste of $5.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

But he's blue. Wouldn't it be like sticking your hands in battery acid?

(actually v. cute thx)

He's wearing ink resistance shoes, ofc.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Orabilis posted:

Rapid Blaster and point control Triggerfish has gotten me through most of B rank.

Triggerfish is my favorite map to play, I don't think there are any bad weapons for it.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Just an odd curiosity, but has anyone used the Test Area during Splatfest? Any cool changes?

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Just an odd curiosity, but has anyone used the Test Area during Splatfest? Any cool changes?

it turns night as well i think. If you switch to a weapon with a beacon you can superjump up high and get an awesome view of the city outside the test area. Curious if it also gets the sunrise near the end.

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Minor details. Glowy ink, night sky, and if you're up next to the wall you can hear the beat of the music right next door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

maybeflan posted:

Minor details. Glowy ink, night sky, and if you're up next to the wall you can hear the beat of the music right next door.

That's pretty cool.

• Locked thread