Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Sigma X posted:

"2015 Jetta TDi 7k Stg 2 320ft lbs 260bhp"

I recently traded in my 2003 track Corvette for a TDI, but I'm single with no wife, kids, etc. I just stage 2 upgraded the ECU, but its just not for me. Car puts 320ftlb and 260hp with 45mpg! 10% better than factory!

I am selling out to buy another Corvette to continue track driving. Sticker was 26.5, I will take BRO.. Great opportunity for a family man! Stage 2 was 1200! 3m tint was 500 and weathertech cargo liners 300!

Warranty covers to 36k

There is actually 0 chance that car makes 260hp and still gets 45mph. My TDI is stock and I average about 40 per tank. It also has no warranty because he would have had to put a bigger turbo and remove the DPF to get anywhere near those numbers on a TDI.

And speaking of bad financial decisions. I'm currently bouncing between the dealership and my insurance agent to get all the stuff taken care of to buy a 16 R this weekend :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insta
Jan 28, 2009
My mileage went up ~25% (39 -> 49mpg) when I chipped my Mk5 TDI ... but I was putting out 135hp at the wheels, not 260hp. A bump from 180 to 240wtq was quite noticable though :catstare:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
http://autoweek.com/article/car-new...gn=awdailydrive

:catstare:

quote:

WASHINGTON -- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles agreed to pay a $70 million fine, accept three years of additional oversight by an independent monitor and buy back more than 500,000 vehicles as part of a consent agreement to settle a U.S. government probe into 23 recalls since 2009.

The $70 million cash fine is part of a potential $105 million civil penalty, the largest ever imposed by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and part of a sweeping settlement to spur an overhaul of the automaker's safety and recall practices, the U.S. Department of Transportation announced Sunday evening.

Fiat Chrysler must spend another $20 million to meet performance requirements laid out by the consent agreement. The automaker may have to pay another $15 million if the monitor discovers additional violations of U.S. auto safety laws, or if Fiat Chrysler violates terms set by the consent order, the department said.

Fiat Chrysler, as part of the consent agreement, admitted that it “failed to timely provide an effective remedy” in three recall campaigns, and that it failed to comply with “various reporting requirements” of U.S. laws governing recalls in a timely manner.

In a separate statement, the company said it accepted "the resulting consequences with renewed resolve to improve our handling of recalls and re-establish the trust our customers place in us."

The company said it was also "intent on rebuilding our relationship with NHTSA" and embracing the role of a public safety advocate.

Read more: http://autoweek.com/article/car-news/fiat-chrisler-forced-buy-back-500k-vehicles#ixzz3hJio10eE

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

insta posted:

My mileage went up ~25% (39 -> 49mpg) when I chipped my Mk5 TDI ... but I was putting out 135hp at the wheels, not 260hp. A bump from 180 to 240wtq was quite noticable though :catstare:

What year though. MK5 was before they put the DPF on them and sucked up a good 3-4 mpg. Stock my MK6 TDI makes 140hp and 240tq. It's fun off the line, but when redline is 4500 and it basically has no power past that, meh.

insta
Jan 28, 2009
2006. Wasn't anything past that the Mk6 or later? There was like a 4-year lull where they didn't release any TDIs in the US because of emissions.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Somewhat Heroic posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvJLAq8vGGc

I try my best to not get too wrapped up in YouTube comments, but :lol: and also :smith: for some stupid ad campaign? I don't know but the message is lost on me. I think it has something to do with eating disorders ruining something potentially beautiful.

I was first alerted to this via jalopnik

Logged into youtube for the first time in 3 years just to tell them that they suck.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Terrible Robot posted:

Logged into youtube for the first time in 3 years just to tell them that they suck.

Currently at 21 thumbs up, and 2425 thumbs down. It was 750'ish this morning when I gave them my down vote.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Looks like Fiat now understands the meaning of buyer's remorse.

Shoulda listened to Daimler.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Is that even the spare tyre or what

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Even worse than that.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/ottawa-blindsided-by-fiat-chrysler-recall-and-105m-fine-1.3168674

quote:

Transport Minister Lisa Raitt said she still doesn't know the impact on Canada of a major recall of Fiat Chrysler vehicles in the U.S. that is resulting in a $105 million US fine for the company.

"I simply was left blindsided on this issue," Raitt told CBC News, when asked how many vehicles in Canada might be affected by a recall of millions of vehicles in the U.S. announced Monday.

The canadian agency didn't know poo poo about any of this. There are chrysler vehicles out there murdering folks, and the canadian agency hasn't done poo poo. Jeep liberties in the US "salt states" had recalls for the rear control arms rusting out. they're stamped steel, poorly painted, and act as a cup to catch salty road water. the original recall was on 04-05s, it was extended to 06-07s, and the newer ones are a very similar design with a very similar problem. only the 04-05s have been recalled in canada.

It's not just chrysler, either. One of these shitstorms is brewing at ford, too.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Lisa Raitt doesn't know poo poo except how to bust unions.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

bobbilljim posted:

Is that even the spare tyre or what

It probably was when the Jeep was stock; it looks like someone either lost or has yet to invest on a matching spare. For the sake of that rear diff I hope it was a short trip. :psyduck:

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
Pretty sure the stock spare is a 215 75/R15. That thing's not even close, but the 5 x 4.5" bolt pattern is widely used enough to make it easy to find a temporary spare if you're in a pinch.

Philip J Fry fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jul 30, 2015

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

Somewhat Heroic posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvJLAq8vGGc

I try my best to not get too wrapped up in YouTube comments, but :lol: and also :smith: for some stupid ad campaign? I don't know but the message is lost on me. I think it has something to do with eating disorders ruining something potentially beautiful.

I was first alerted to this via jalopnik

As far as I can tell Rag and Bone just sells pretentious overpriced clothing. They aren't saying anything at all by crushing the car, just calling a poo poo load of (negative) attention to themselves (from people who couldn't care less about their brand).

Maybe it's working though, if they get negative attention from car people that might bring general attention to them from everyone else and positive attention from their target market who probably doesn't give a poo poo about cars and loves edgy poo poo.

I'll bet Porsche could create a pretty successful marketing video with a GT3 RS doing donuts around a pile of burning Rag and Bone clothing in retaliation.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
Would you guys be that pissed if it was a 996? (I'd be happy :twisted:)

Rag & Bone sucks, but it's pretty clear they got a salvage shell. Sucks but I feel worse when a FD gets a LS1 swap.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

That model looks like she escaped from the hospital where she was being treated for malnutrition by stealing the clothes from a late-19th century Londoner.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

SneakyFrog posted:

Hey cool, looks like a Riegl Q20 or Z210ii

If its either of those models its most likely exactly what its doing, We call it a road surface profile, you can also measure curb lines and certain lane makings or wear depending on the lidar model.

Would you know how much those roughly cost off the top of your head? I'm curious to see how it compares to the ones we use at work.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Powershift posted:

Even worse than that.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/ottawa-blindsided-by-fiat-chrysler-recall-and-105m-fine-1.3168674

The canadian agency didn't know poo poo about any of this. There are chrysler vehicles out there murdering folks, and the canadian agency hasn't done poo poo. Jeep liberties in the US "salt states" had recalls for the rear control arms rusting out. they're stamped steel, poorly painted, and act as a cup to catch salty road water. the original recall was on 04-05s, it was extended to 06-07s, and the newer ones are a very similar design with a very similar problem. only the 04-05s have been recalled in canada.

It's not just chrysler, either. One of these shitstorms is brewing at ford, too.

What I don't understand about this is why they're having to fork out to recall jeeps built in the 90's for bursting into flame. Like, if those cars met the appropriate standards when they were built then isn't it kind of unreasonable to retroactively apply legislation to them?

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Pretty sure "not randomly bursting into flames" has been on the books way longer than the 1990's.

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!

MrYenko posted:

That model looks like she escaped from the hospital where she was being treated for malnutrition by stealing the clothes from a late-19th century Londoner.

The clothes are rags and she is basically bone? Isn't that what they are going for here?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

tobu posted:

The clothes are rags and she is basically bone? Isn't that what they are going for here?

True, but I thought high fashion was supposed to make one look attractive, or at least interesting, not like someone you'd meet in the catering line during the filming of Schindlers List.

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn
The vast majority of people have no taste. This applies to people with money to spend on lovely clothes as well. The more expensive it is, the better it is to most people. The looks are secondary.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

High fashion is the concept cars of the clothing world. They basically throw poo poo on a model randomly, the more outlandish the better, and the good bits get incorporated into more sane clothing lines.

Shame they had to crush that Beetle, though.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

The Locator posted:

Currently at 21 thumbs up, and 2425 thumbs down. It was 750'ish this morning when I gave them my down vote.

reported for terrorism :lol:

Octopus Magic posted:

Would you guys be that pissed if it was a 996? (I'd be happy :twisted:)

Rag & Bone sucks, but it's pretty clear they got a salvage shell. Sucks but I feel worse when a FD gets a LS1 swap.
it's just one less potential Singer on the road as far as I'm concerned.

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Jul 30, 2015

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Enourmo posted:

High fashion is the concept cars of the clothing world. They basically throw poo poo on a model randomly, the more outlandish the better, and the good bits get incorporated into more sane clothing lines.

Shame they had to crush that Beetle, though.

You shut your dirty commie mouth.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

veedubfreak posted:

There is actually 0 chance that car makes 260hp and still gets 45mph. My TDI is stock and I average about 40 per tank. It also has no warranty because he would have had to put a bigger turbo and remove the DPF to get anywhere near those numbers on a TDI.

And speaking of bad financial decisions. I'm currently bouncing between the dealership and my insurance agent to get all the stuff taken care of to buy a 16 R this weekend :)

"Malone tuning ECU and dsg reflash. No DPF delete otherwise stock"

Looks like John here is talkin' out his rear end. Another case of FOUR HUNNERT HORSEPOWER. I love that poo poo.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Frinkahedron posted:

Would you know how much those roughly cost off the top of your head? I'm curious to see how it compares to the ones we use at work.

eh..... it depends on whether its a line scanner or a full 3d one, but eh ballpark around 130k-ish in pricing depending on who you work for. Why you wanna let me sell you one? Tell me you got an airplane so i can sell you millions worth of stuff.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

it's just one less potential Singer on the road as far as I'm concerned.

I don't think Singer uses cars with chassis rot.

Also lol at y'all talking about fashion.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

quote:

Guilty
Sentence: Death by being run over by a Porsche.

quote:

#air-cooledlivesmatter

Currently sits at 36 thumbs up, almost 4500 thumbs down, and the vitriol spewed at the creators in the comments section is getting ugly :stonklol:

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

quote:

loving fashion, fuckings feminists cunts! Why don't you destroy yourselves? You loving retards!

quote:

Dear "rag & bone", fuckfaces. First, take a big step back... and literally gently caress YOUR OWN FACE! I don't know what kind of bullshit power play you're trying to pull here, but Porsche, Jack, is my territory. So whatever you're thinking, you'd better think again! Otherwise I'm gonna have to head down there and I will rain down an ungodly loving firestorm upon you! You're gonna have to call the loving United Nations and get a loving binding resolution to keep me from loving destroying you. I am talking scorched earth, motherfucker! I will massacre you! I WILL gently caress YOU UP!

quote:

you fuckers !!!! gently caress you, gently caress you ,gently caress you, i hope you get crushed in hell ,gently caress you ,why that 911 you loving cock suckers ,why not a prius ?,i hope you never have kids so that no more idiots like you can reproduce, gently caress YOU 00100

lmao

Octopus Magic fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jul 30, 2015

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Sigma X posted:

"Malone tuning ECU and dsg reflash. No DPF delete otherwise stock"

Looks like John here is talkin' out his rear end. Another case of FOUR HUNNERT HORSEPOWER. I love that poo poo.

Its all over the VW scene right now. TDIs especially are being bought by scene kids and hipsters and 'tuned' (i.e. Coal Tunes and Cruddy Power Tunes) and ruined. Morons everywhere.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I like how they're reacting as if R&B stole the car or something. If you buy a car you're allowed to do whatever you want with it or did that change recently?

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

CommieGIR posted:

Its all over the VW scene right now. TDIs especially are being bought by scene kids and hipsters and 'tuned' (i.e. Coal Tunes and Cruddy Power Tunes) and ruined. Morons everywhere.

Well, not just that. It's more the claims of 100 HP over what the manufacturer of the tune claims on their website.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I'm glad they crushed that gay Porsche. The bubble is due to burst and all these weirdos will forget they ever cared. God is dead.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

I like how they're reacting as if R&B stole the car or something. If you buy a car you're allowed to do whatever you want with it or did that change recently?

And 99% of the negative youtube comments are from people who couldn't afford one anyway.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

quote:

Gabriel Perez
You'd think an art company would have the ethical foundation to not destroy someones intellectual property.
2 hours ago (edited)•1

Holy :laffo:

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
Yup, gently caress anyone who's ever been in an accident for destroying someone's IP.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

YOU DIDN'T BUILD THAT!!

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

never trust people obsessed with the purity and superiority of old german things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Why is everyone posting these weird youtube comments, all I see is people spamming Herp Derp everywhere in the comments.