Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
:unsmith:

StickySweater
Feb 7, 2008
Cosby mural tagged, then removed.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

African animal vs. African people

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Thanks Democrats. :suicide:

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

An Alabama DA wants to strip a pregnant inmate of her parental rights in order to stop her from seeking a first-trimester abortion.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
I'm glad when loathsome people look as hideous as their beliefs.

Donald Trump's hair has escaped!

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

spacetoaster posted:

Thanks Democrats. :suicide:

Obama isn't wrong since there isn't a single country on earth we can't conquer if we wanted to.

I'm however totally cool if we don't try that poo poo ever again though.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

A Winner is Jew posted:

Obama isn't wrong since there isn't a single country on earth we can't conquer if we wanted to.
Here's a nice picture of Russia in Winter.

Make a huge loving mess, and topple the government, sure. Hold it for a decade?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

A Winner is Jew posted:

I'm however totally cool if we don't try that poo poo ever again though.

And deny future generations the opportunity to mythologize more war and soldiers? You're crazy.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

A Winner is Jew posted:

I don't think we have enough bullets to kill everybody who could fight us China.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Elendil004 posted:

I don't think we have enough bullets to kill everybody who could fight us China.

The US spends 4x what China does on the military and has a much smaller population. If we can't find enough bullets for all of them, that means that they probably can't even feed their own, much less fully equip.

There was someone posting a while back who said that the parade soldiers and weapons aren't even functional or trained - they do nothing but train for parades and the actual military gets like 5 bullets a year for target practice.

GladRagKraken
Mar 27, 2010

Stultus Maximus posted:

There was someone posting a while back who said that the parade soldiers and weapons aren't even functional or trained - they do nothing but train for parades and the actual military gets like 5 bullets a year for target practice.

Yes that's likely true because as you know the other just doesn't value life like we do.

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

actually we're born to die. loving kkkill'em all!!!!

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

GladRagKraken posted:

Yes that's likely true because as you know the other just doesn't value life like we do.

The US would win the ground war, the world economy would be hosed, and the ensuing insurgency would force us to withdraw 4 or 5 years later.

The US is very good at conventional warfare. We loving suck at building countries.

EDIT: Of course, none of this would ever happen because China gots nukes, and the US Gov't and the PRC are super in love economically.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

But you never used to be so bad at it. It used to be that when you razed someone's poo poo you made a massive effort to build it up again and everything turned out fine.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Slavvy posted:

But you never used to be so bad at it. It used to be that when you razed someone's poo poo you made a massive effort to build it up again and everything turned out fine.

No, outside of 2 instances we've always been really loving bad at it.

StickySweater
Feb 7, 2008
I think you are misunderstanding the motive of our political and military institutions. It's continual failure to rebuild other bombed out nations is at least partially because that isn't the motive. Typically the motive of a colonial war is to extract wealth, not deposit it. Further, this tendency is exacerbated by an emphasis on strip mining resources as opposed to investing in them for future returns. What good is a functioning economy in the Middle East to America's oligarchy anyway? There may be a broad benefit, but not one that is sufficiently relevant to the elite.

Charles Bukowski: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDiLfQUBnyA

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Ted Rall.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

go on....

related.

Keeping up with the Jonese, revolutionary style.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

dr_rat posted:

go on....

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

KazigluBey fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jul 30, 2015

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Of all the "we're oppressed the victims :freep:" poo poo to come from the tea party, this somehow makes me the maddest.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

MizPiz posted:

Of all the "we're oppressed the victims :freep:" poo poo to come from the tea party, this somehow makes me the maddest.

Because they're rich white people who don't know the first thing about being oppressed?

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune
Went to the anti-shell protest/action in Portland today:

The climbers are hanging off the St John's Bridge in order to stop a Shell icebreaker ship that stopped off in the Port of Portland for repairs on its way to support oil drillers in the arctic. The boat came out this morning, approached the bridge, and promptly turned around - most likely just to demonstrate obstruction so that they could get a court order for removal of the protestors.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

800peepee51doodoo posted:

Went to the anti-shell protest/action in Portland today:

Truly they have made a difference. (for a day or two)

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

spacetoaster posted:

With Shell in the arctic, all it takes is a day or two to make a huge difference:

quote:

But the company wanted to make off-season upgrades to the Kulluk that would be either impossible or too expensive in Dutch Harbor. And there was another consideration: If the Kulluk was in an Alaskan port on New Year’s Day, executives believed, it would be subject to a state oil-facilities tax of as much as $6 million. In late December, a spokesman confirmed Shell’s fears in an email to a longtime reporter at a local newspaper, The Dutch Harbor Fisherman, writing, “It’s fair to say the current tax structure related to vessels of this type influenced the timing of our departure.” (“That was an unfortunate article,” Pete Slaiby, the Alaska vice president for Shell, told a crowd in Kodiak in early January, reiterating the need for “very specific things” it needed done on the mainland.)

(Above: Shell's expensive drilling rig run aground because they tried to sail in the middle of December to avoid being in Alaska on New Years Day)

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Trabisnikof posted:

With Shell in the arctic, all it takes is a day or two to make a huge difference:

(Above: Shell's expensive drilling rig run aground because they tried to sail in the middle of December to avoid being in Alaska on New Years Day)

Yeah, Shell has been a shitshow up here, they think that their North Sea experience will translate to the Chukchi Sea and it won't. To be fair though no one else really has the experience either, except maybe Gazprom.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Stabbings at a gay pride event in Israel. Apparently the guy just got out for a stabbing he did in 2005. What an rear end in a top hat.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

spacetoaster posted:

Yeah that, or

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

lol, yeah.

Or have the shell ceo's have to go down there and remove them.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Link the source please this is an awesome shot

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

ZenVulgarity posted:

Link the source please this is an awesome shot

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Door_to_Hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
A Jew stabs someone at a gay pride parade:

It baffles me that Americans can still support Israel when even Iran is far more progressive socially than Israel. Did you know they (Iran) provide state-funded sex changes for gay men?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

• Locked thread