Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
homphgomph
Nov 23, 2007

So that's what that feels like
This guys run is pretty cool but he's getting absolutely no help from his couch and he's not much of an energetic talker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Why do people in the crowd have cables with them?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

homphgomph posted:

This guys run is pretty cool but he's getting absolutely no help from his couch and he's not much of an energetic talker.

No kidding, when he was trying to explain the bottle stuff he's like "oh man it's hard to talk and concentrate at the same time" and nobody bothered to help him out! At least it's fun to watch the game right?

Also wow at low battery! The true run killer.

Helmet 10 Warehouse
Jul 21, 2007

Pyroi posted:

Why do people in the crowd have cables with them?

They're nerds at a video game marathon. Half of them probably have a 3DS on them, cable included.

AvidAcid
May 30, 2004

oh christ
When you're playing a handheld I'm pretty sure that has an impact on how you speak. Also, his friends already stated they were there to cheer him on and didn't know enough to comment on the game. I'm not sure why you would expect energetic hijinx from all the speedrunners, I'm really enjoying this run and I think he's explaining a lot of the mechanics behind glitches well.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Is the stream still running like poo poo for everyone

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
"My other favorite childhood game, Halo 3"

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

UIApplication posted:

Is the stream still running like poo poo for everyone

Nope, been great all day

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Always safety save

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

AvidAcid posted:

When you're playing a handheld I'm pretty sure that has an impact on how you speak. Also, his friends already stated they were there to cheer him on and didn't know enough to comment on the game. I'm not sure why you would expect energetic hijinx from all the speedrunners, I'm really enjoying this run and I think he's explaining a lot of the mechanics behind glitches well.

I can't understand half of what he's saying because of his monotone mumbling.

AvidAcid
May 30, 2004

oh christ

raditts posted:

I can't understand half of what he's saying because of his monotone mumbling.

fix your hearing aid and take your ritalin

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

"My other favorite childhood game, Halo 3"
Halo 3 was a childhood game for me as well actually. It's old now

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Remember at this point that Halo 3 came out in 2007 so it very well be a childhood game for a few people.

I mean it's more a "early highschool" form of childhood but it's still childhood!

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
If you were a child when Halo 3 came out kill yourself thanks.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I mean it's more a "early highschool" form of childhood but it's still childhood!

Dude if you were 12 when Halo 3 came out you would be 20 now. Eight years is a long time.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Oh no the pity applause

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Sure would be nice if the runner would explain what the heck is going on.

e: OR MAYBE ONE OF THE MIMES ON THE COUCH

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

Manslaughter posted:

Sure would be nice if the runner would explain what the heck is going on.

what happened was that had never happened before

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
This guy. Is bad

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

This isnt a speedrun this is just how I play video games

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
guys I'm getting bodied by work, I watched Megaman races and poo poo and then nothing and I've had my share of Zelda speedrunning, so what happened today that might be worth a rewatch?

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

It's really weird having a static shot of two nervous guys with headsets in the corner. They shouldn't do that anymore

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Dias posted:

guys I'm getting bodied by work, I watched Megaman races and poo poo and then nothing and I've had my share of Zelda speedrunning, so what happened today that might be worth a rewatch?

The Freedom Planet race was really intense.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

The REAL Goobusters posted:

This guy. Is bad

Matches the game LMAO!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Matches the game LMAO!

Hey! gently caress you :boom:

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
As much as I hate Zelda runs I can't help but feel bad for this guy. Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong but he's not breaking down into a gibbering mess of apologies so good for him.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
majoras mask is good

the 3ds version is not good

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Catpiss Neverclean posted:

As much as I hate Zelda runs I can't help but feel bad for this guy. Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong but he's not breaking down into a gibbering mess of apologies so good for him.
he's coming close

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Yikes

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

You ever had a nightmare where youre like on stage and you forget entirely what youre supposed to be doing or saying, thats this guy right now

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Catpiss Neverclean posted:

The couch cam is making me break down into a gibbering mess so I think he's lucky he has something else to look at

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Mercy kill this please

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Someone get the cane

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Please refuse donations from anyone who makes a "it's dangerous to go alone" donation. Thanks.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Please refuse donations from anyone who makes a "it's dangerous to go alone" donation. Thanks.

Also universal ban on memes from between 2001 and 2014 plz

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Catching up on other runs, btw before SGDQ PJ and friends did a stream to raise funds:
If you doubt the power of PJ jinxing, see this.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
:stare:

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)
This is my first time tuning into sdgq and I decided to stick with it because I liked old n64 majoras mask speedruns but this is completely different and a complete train wreck at the moment. I don't know whether to laugh at or feel bad for the runner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.
I normally love Zelda speedruns, but yeah this commentary is REALLY lacking right now. :smith:

• Locked thread