Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moon Potato
May 12, 2003

Wow, that's strikingly similar to Wood Ducks. I guess they're related in ways beyond just having awesome-looking males.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3vCUyENpmM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Don't worry, he's getting jazzed.

And dipping a paw into what appears to be titled 'jazzy-jazz'

"You see there's Jazz..." (lowers voice, quickly looks round to make sure no-one else is watching) "...and then there's Jazzy-Jazz..."

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Choco1980 posted:

When I was still with my ex wife who was from Northern California, there was a music store we'd check out near the Downtown Sacramento Mall that had a cat wandering around it. Can't remember the name of it but I remember thinking it was cool cause I had a DJ Shadow album that I was sure had a picture of the store in it.

Also here in Ann Arbor Michigan was Encore Records that had a store dog!

poo poo, I would have gone in there If I had known.

Also, sup fellow Michigoonder.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Mocking Bird posted:

I petted one of those cats for like a half hour last weekend :kimchi:

The outgoing gray or the cat loaf tabby?

Blackfish
Sep 12, 2007

we have to be prepared to smoke a thousand joints before our quest is complete

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I think the Japanese arcade-residing cat has come up in here a couple times, but now there's Japanese music store-residing cats, and they're just as adorable :3:

The first one is actually Mickey Roy from Love Garden in Lawrence, KS. I had the pleasure of giving him pets back in May. Here's another cute pic of him: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154209623970620

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

http://i.imgur.com/H4ggldd.gifv

I love that little "OH gently caress" look right when it becomes clear he done hosed up.

Here, I've isolated the key frames for you.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Catpybara

well HECK Phil
Feb 25, 2010
Toilet Rascal

Most blatant goal tending I've ever seen.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

spooked owlette

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

axelsoar posted:

poo poo, I would have gone in there If I had known.

Also, sup fellow Michigoonder.

:hf:

iirc it was a Shetland Sheepdog, you know the kind that look like miniature collies. It'd just quietly walk around the store and suddenly surprise you as you rounded the corner and boom, dog.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

The outgoing gray or the cat loaf tabby?

Cat loaf. Wanted almost nothing to do with me but tolerated my affections very patiently and then got bored and walked away very slowly.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Tinycat courtesy of Pet Island.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

death sext
Nov 4, 2011

Mizuti posted:

Tinycat courtesy of Pet Island.

Good lord

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Baby elephant tries to chase away flock of sparrows:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIy5aiRdtrc

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Owl scratchies.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
http://i.imgur.com/fqcRBtj.gifv

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekK7peRxKGc
From the description, "10 cats licked spherical balls of ice and enjoyed the cooling♪"

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Repost from the Schadenfreud thread

edit: Bonus pugs

Azhais has a new favorite as of 21:43 on Jul 30, 2015

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
Well, our buddy Emerson is getting along quite well with little Emma. They are now known as Team Em & Em and little Emma is just absolutely precious. She's also got mild-moderate cerebellar hyperplasia, so in addition to the hind leg paralysis, she's also a little wobbler. But she's in the very best of hands and now she's got a big bro to look after her:

https://www.facebook.com/383395388475018/videos/vb.383395388475018/548650828616139/?type=2&theater

Edit: turns out her legs do actually work, but her CH is pretty bad so she doesn't walk around much, just wobbles.

Maggie Fletcher has a new favorite as of 02:34 on Jul 31, 2015

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

"I have duck feet, too"

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

BattleMaster posted:

"I have duck feet, too"

Cracked Magazine was talking poo poo about your buddies a few weeks ago: http://www.cracked.com/article_22466_6-terrifying-versions-cute-animals.html

I meant to rat them out when I first saw it, but I forgot.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
10 reasons why Cracked can kiss my balls :mad:

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Centripetal Horse posted:

Cracked Magazine was talking poo poo about your buddies a few weeks ago: http://www.cracked.com/article_22466_6-terrifying-versions-cute-animals.html

It's weird that they would say any of that because the reason I like capys is because they're overclocked hamsters :confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6d0Y0ObY3o

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

What the poo poo is wrong with that article? :psyduck:

1. Capybara - loving adorable, everyone knows this. This isn't even like jumping spiders which I think are adorable but a lot of people hate because they're spiders and some people are wusses. Everyone loves capybaras.

2. Jacob Sheep. Like a regular sheep but better. Four horns! What is there not to love about four horns? Regular adult sheep, including Jacob sheep, aren't cute though. At least Jacob sheep usually have dark eyes so you can't see their weird rectangular pupils. They're objectively less creepy than regular sheep.

3. Okay that catfish is gross, but most big catfish are gross. Little catfish, like "put in your aquarium to eat the goop" sized catfish, are very cute. Big catfish are not cute and if this is the first time you've discovered this you are behind the times.

4. That's a gross frog but to be honest so are most frogs that are bulbous and warty. It's big I guess? But seriously, if you're looking for "horrible creepy gross nightmare frogs", just look at any of the toads. Cane toads or Suriname toads especially. Now Suriname toads, they are nightmare frogs.

5. That shrew is loving adorable. Take a closer look at that snout.wav, etc. So what if he's venomous? The platypus is venomous and it is still adorable.

6. A loving potoo? Seriously? Okay this is how I know this has to be a loving joke. Whoever wrote this is scared of the goofy-rear end muppet owl.

Guys I'm beginning to think Cracked.com is not a legitimate news source!

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Oversized poisonous venomous Cuban shrew? That's not horrifying, that's interesting.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

BattleMaster posted:

overclocked hamsters :confused:

I like this description.

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

The journalistic integrity of Cracked has been in decline for some time.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I will admit the fully dilated pupils on the potoo does make it a bit more creepy.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Cracked's biology articles are often their worst ones(my friend Bogleech can attest to that as he used to write for them)

If I were wearing a suit of armor it'd be pretty hard to resist snuggling that big cat

BattleMaster posted:

"I have duck feet, too"

Whoever did that in the first pic is truly History's Greatest Monster

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

1. Capybara - loving adorable, everyone knows this. This isn't even like jumping spiders which I think are adorable but a lot of people hate because they're spiders and some people are wusses. Everyone loves capybaras.

2. Jacob Sheep. Like a regular sheep but better. Four horns! What is there not to love about four horns? Regular adult sheep, including Jacob sheep, aren't cute though. At least Jacob sheep usually have dark eyes so you can't see their weird rectangular pupils. They're objectively less creepy than regular sheep.

3. Okay that catfish is gross, but most big catfish are gross. Little catfish, like "put in your aquarium to eat the goop" sized catfish, are very cute. Big catfish are not cute and if this is the first time you've discovered this you are behind the times.

4. That's a gross frog but to be honest so are most frogs that are bulbous and warty. It's big I guess? But seriously, if you're looking for "horrible creepy gross nightmare frogs", just look at any of the toads. Cane toads or Suriname toads especially. Now Suriname toads, they are nightmare frogs.

5. That shrew is loving adorable. Take a closer look at that snout.wav, etc. So what if he's venomous? The platypus is venomous and it is still adorable.

6. A loving potoo? Seriously? Okay this is how I know this has to be a loving joke. Whoever wrote this is scared of the goofy-rear end muppet owl.

Is it weird that I actually think Suriname Toads are kinda cute, cause for being part of a group already filled with Muppets, they are especially Muppet-like(if of the Labyrinth and Dark Crystal sort), plus that sort of Maternal dedication in nature is always pretty heartwarming in my opinion

Also I imagine Instant Jellyfish and some of the other people on SA who own sheep would take offense to Jacob Sheep being on such a list

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

drrockso20 posted:

Is it weird that I actually think Suriname Toads are kinda cute, cause for being part of a group already filled with Muppets, they are especially Muppet-like(if of the Labyrinth and Dark Crystal sort), plus that sort of Maternal dedication in nature is always pretty heartwarming in my opinion

Also I imagine Instant Jellyfish and some of the other people on SA who own sheep would take offense to Jacob Sheep being on such a list

I think Suriname toads are kind of cool in a really weird way, but the... holes... are kind of unnerving. I know lots of people have a lot of trouble even looking at pictures of them because they're all lotus-breast-y. The different ways different species approach sex and parenting are really interesting. I will always love alligators/crocs/etc for being lovely scary mums :kimchi:

"Mum! Mum! Look over there! Go that way!"

I follow the Sheep etc thread because I love all the cute sheep and goats there! If you are looking for cutest sheep, it is hard to go past the Valais Blacknose Sheep:

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
its pretty hosed up that in this day and age those sheep think blackface is okay

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

willus posted:

its pretty hosed up that in this day and age those sheep think blackface is okay

They're not doing blackface, they're doing blacknose :colbert:

Now this is a racist blackface sheep:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

I think Suriname toads are kind of cool in a really weird way, but the... holes... are kind of unnerving. I know lots of people have a lot of trouble even looking at pictures of them because they're all lotus-breast-y. The different ways different species approach sex and parenting are really interesting. I will always love alligators/crocs/etc for being lovely scary mums :kimchi:

"Mum! Mum! Look over there! Go that way!"

I follow the Sheep etc thread because I love all the cute sheep and goats there! If you are looking for cutest sheep, it is hard to go past the Valais Blacknose Sheep:

Admittedly when you have someone like Bogleech as a close friend your standards of cute become somewhat skewed compared to most people

Also that Gator pic reminds me of an image set I saw on Tumblr of a female Godzilla carrying 10 or so babies around a city in a sort of "take your kids to work day" kind of thing, and it's the most adorable thing ever, if someone else doesn't post it first I'll have to once I can use my laptop again

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Jacob sheep are the best sheep so I don't know what they're talking about. Baby jacobs are also the cutest baby sheep :kimchi:

And the adults are just awesome looking.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

Josef bugman posted:

I will admit the fully dilated pupils on the potoo does make it a bit more creepy.

Sure but just about anything looks creepier with the addition of totally black eyes

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Weirdest Abbey Road parody ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Capy Road.

• Locked thread