Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
so I assume people saw it in the other thread, but this happened:

edit: bonus insanity from everyone's second favorite war criminal

Fried Chicken fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jul 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Fried Chicken posted:

so I assume people saw it in the other thread, but this happened:

And Matt Drudge updates his Perry_x_O'Malley fic.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Joementum posted:

Quote of the night, "Shut down the government if that is what it takes. Shut it down now. If we cannot stand on this high ground, we should not stand at all. Children are being ripped apart and their hearts, brains, lungs, and livers sold. Is this not a fight worth having?" ~ Erick, son of Erick.

I get so loving sick of these people hypocritical anger over abortion. They dont give two flying fucks what happends to "the precious babes" when they come out of the womb. they dont give a gently caress about life once its out of the womb. and honestly whats does it matter if parts of a dead fetus are used for medical research, it wasnt wanted so maybe it will be of use to future generations.

Radish posted:

Erick basically prides himself on being a sociopathic monster that doesn't care how people feel or if they live or die so I'm somewhat dubious on his sudden uncharacteristic outrage on "children" being dismembered.
loving this.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Uh, they play dress-up with doughy insurance salesmen?

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx

evilweasel posted:

Prior restraint is a pretty justifiable thing to object to, I think that will backfire and I'm not convinced it shouldn't.

Yeah-I haven't seen the text of the order anywhere yet and I don't trust press reports on legal issues, especially "breaking" small time stories, but if this is as broad as what's currently suggested, the order probably ought to be lifted.

In reality it won't matter, the documents and footage will find their way out to friendly reporters/news sources who will broadcast them widely and the worst case scenario for those involved with this sham is living off wingnut welfare like Hannah Giles from the ACORN fiasco and maybe eventually being forced to declare bankruptcy.

Birudojin
Oct 7, 2010

WHIRR CLANK
Has anyone heard anything about an investigation into Tensing's partner and making false statements or whatever the formal charge would be?

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/colleges/uc-news/sam-dubose-ray-tensing-uc-police-officer-said-motorist-was-dragging-him-so-he-shot-him

quote:

Another UC officer responding to the scene, Phillip Kidd, said he witnessed Dubose's 1998 Honda Accord dragging Tensing
After the shooting, he reportedly made a statement that backed up Trnsing's claim about being dragged, despite there being no evidence for it.

It's minor compared to the shooting itself, but if he did make a false statement to help cover up his partner's shooting, I'd like to see him get charged as well.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Internet Webguy posted:

USPOL July: Here's My 42 Point Plan On Forks

I agree that a multi-pronged approach to this issue would be most beneficial.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Birudojin posted:

Has anyone heard anything about an investigation into Tensing's partner and making false statements or whatever the formal charge would be?

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/colleges/uc-news/sam-dubose-ray-tensing-uc-police-officer-said-motorist-was-dragging-him-so-he-shot-him

It's minor compared to the shooting itself, but if he did make a false statement to help cover up his partner's shooting, I'd like to see him get charged as well.

I posted a link to the actual police report over in the Police thread.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Please prep the burn unit. I may have scalded myself on this hot take.

quote:

“The real climate change is going to be nuclear climate change if we’re not smart and tough and very, very careful because that’s a big danger and that’s a real danger,” Trump said. “I think Obama just said that the biggest threat that we have on the planet today is climate change, and a lot of people are saying, did he really say that? We have people chopping off heads and he’s talking about climate change. I call it weather. I call it weather. You know, the weather changes.”

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Joementum posted:

Please prep the burn unit. I may have scalded myself on this hot take.

He did not say weather. That fuckbag is less capable of pronouncing the letter R than people with Downs.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Man, they got old. Also kind of Nixon-y

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
/
Some motherfuckers always try to ice skate uphill.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

That carpet with what I assume "GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED STATES" on its edge seems somewhat gauche.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Aurubin posted:

That carpet with what I assume "GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED STATES" on its edge seems somewhat gauche.

Well it is the Oval Office that they're standing in after all...

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Also kind of Nixon-y

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Some ex-USSS agent wrote a book saying that Bill and Hillary's marriage is a sham and that she's rude and blah-blah-blah, but it also contained at least one completely believable nugget.

quote:

The book adds that Biden “swims nude at the vice president’s residence in Washington and at his home in Delaware, offending female agents.”

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I found the hottest take in history re: Dead Zimbabwe Lion.

http://indefinitelywild.gizmodo.com/lion-murderer-walt-palmer-has-done-more-for-conservatio-1720901473

quote:

What’s going on there is that a specific economic incentive was introduced that benefited the white rhino population. Yes, this resulted in some being killed and turned into the world’s most morbid umbrella stands or whatever, but by and large, the white rhino population was able recover from the brink of extinction specifically thanks to trophy hunting.

Your social media outrage didn’t save the white rhino in South Africa, assholes like Walt Palmer did.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

Some ex-USSS agent wrote a book saying that Bill and Hillary's marriage is a sham and that she's rude and blah-blah-blah, but it also contained at least one completely believable nugget.

Scary thought of the night: Hillary Clinton, the swinging President?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

My Imaginary GF posted:

Scary thought of the night: Hillary Clinton, the swinging President?

From Female Force: Hillary Clinton, the Road to the White House

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Why does the assassin have bachmann/kristol/perkins eyes

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

I would unironically read that

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Where is she getting all of the needles from?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Where is she getting all of the needles from?

They're just lying all over the place in a Clinton White House, obviously.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
It also states that the VP Biden swims nude at the Vice President residence and at his home, which is actually probably 100% true.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

Joementum posted:

By the way, the Senate is going to pass the House's three month highway/mass transit funding extension tomorrow. That's technically a FY16 appropriation, which the President will sign. You did it, guys! :toot:

The bill does not include reauthorization of the Ex-Im bank's lending authority.

The Dems have checked it closely for anything that defunds PP, indirectly bans abortion, or any other shenanigans, right?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Palmer illegally killed a valuable and famous research animal by luring it off a reservation, and attempted to destroy its GPS tracker to cover his trail. Even if the statements that trophy hunting contribute to conservation are true, that does literally nothing to cast the killing of Cecil in a positive light. This article is pointless at best and outright supportive of his hunt at worst. I'm going to go for the latter interpretation, since the author literally tries to defend his the $55,000 he paid to illegally kill a lion on a reservation as boosting the country's economy.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:what:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Cecil in particular was a pretty big tourist draw for the preserve, making that bullshit "we must destroy the village lion in order to save it" line of argument particularly bankrupt in this case.

E: Rubio cares more about zygotes and blastocysts than thousands of Cuban children who drowned in the Florida straits because of the embargo he supported.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Joementum posted:

Are we sure Diamond Joe is actually a parody?

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Chokes McGee posted:

Are we sure Diamond Joe is actually a parody?

Onion's closer to reality than a lot of Republicans so yeah.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Hollismason posted:

Kind of wonder if Trump is going to attack the Koch brother's because they'll up their mission to destroy him and thereby cementing him in the race.

This couldn't go better for Trump if he planned it all himself. Having the two rich dudes that're trying to buy an entire political party fighting him can only help Trump.

Why can't the GOP see that you just need to give Trump enough rope to hang himself. All these efforts to shut him down only increase his popularity among "independents" and frustrated Republicans.

edit

Duke Igthorn posted:

I don't know which is more frightening

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jul 30, 2015

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Joementum posted:

Those agents, and a lot of Americans, need to grow up. Nudity is the normal state of being for humans and the world would be a better place is everyone were naked a lot more often.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Sir Tonk posted:

This couldn't go better for Trump if he planned it all himself. Having the two rich dudes that're trying to buy an entire political party fighting him can only help Trump.

Why can't the GOP see that you just need to give Trump enough rope to hang himself. All these efforts to shut him down only increase his popularity among "independents" and frustrated Republicans.

edit

Thanks for the nightmares. :stonk:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Mulva posted:

Those agents, and a lot of Americans, need to grow up. Nudity is the normal state of being for humans and the world would be a better place is everyone were naked a lot more often.

Joe Biden's wrinkly buttcheeks are only natural and should be acceptable to all.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I have probably learned more in the last 12 years of teaching social studies and independent learning than I ever did in high school or college. (Maybe that was because I was a teenager with a focus not on 'book learning')

This year, I am integrating A People's History of the United States and Voices of the People's History of the United States fully into my courses. I want my students to think critically about their history and future. (I work with poor at-risk students with many of them never being near an AP course or even thinking about college.)

This is a good idea, as long as they're treated as skeptically as any other popular history. Zinn has his own agenda that he is pushing, and it's tempting to let second opinion bias trickle in. Putting People's History alongside more traditional histories is useful for exposing their biases, though. Or de-Texasing them, as the case may be.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Sir Tonk posted:

edit

Holy hell, that's quite the image.

I'd be concerned about never sleeping again, but I'm laughing too hard. Well done!

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Nintendo Kid posted:

I think you're getting severely confused between "campus security" which are just the same as any other security guard, and the actual full on police forces which large public and some private universities will have.

Smaller public and most private universities will instead have typical security guards and then the local/county police patrolling when necessary.

Nah no confusion. Actual campus cops are basically the guys who couldn't get hired by the sheriff's office or were fired from every other police job.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

FAUXTON posted:

Why does the assassin have bachmann/kristol/perkins eyes

Calista Gingrich?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurt_Cobain
Jul 9, 2001
If this were titled something like 'a free market approach' I would have no problem with it, let him jerk off over delusional fantasies. If we were to commodify every lion in Africa with his awful numbers it would fall under $1.2 billion total. Much less than that when you consider most lions are killed in ways that don't even try to pretend to support conservation. The tourism industry in all of one country is worth over $5 billion. Total bullshit masquerading as 'the more you know'

• Locked thread