Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Yeah, it's loving dumb, but if they are gonna cull members of a population and can swindle dumb, rich fucks outta cash to help preservation efforts I'm not gonna get bent outta shape about it.

Did some more reading on this dude and he seems like scum, so gently caress him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Lol if you think any of the money this dude gave to his poachers guides went to any preservation efforts. Hopefully Zimbabwe hangs them or whatever it is Mugabe does. gently caress poachers.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Never trust a dentist.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Dentists have way too much loving money. There's a reason those little monoplanes that crash like a junkie on bad meth are called 'Dentist/Doctor Killers'.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

VikingSkull posted:

Yeah, it's loving dumb, but if they are gonna cull members of a population and can swindle dumb, rich fucks outta cash to help preservation efforts I'm not gonna get bent outta shape about it.

Did some more reading on this dude and he seems like scum, so gently caress him.

thats a real weird way to look at police shootings man

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

lol if you believe the scumfuck big game hunting orgs that say "actually we're HELPING the animals"

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

lol if you want to hang out with a cop for a day it's free

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jul 30, 2015

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Trophy hunting is stupid and dumb btw

I thought you enjoy your job

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Wheres the tldr version?

Noted terrorist organization Operation Rescue has a satellite branch that drummed up a bunch of fake companies, personal IDs and credentials. Met with PP reps to buy tissue from abortions while secretly video taping it.

Heavily edited videos are being released every few days and the republicans are going to try and stop federal funding for PP.

Its worth watching because potentially these anti-abortion activists might wind up in deep poo poo for the fake IDs and illegal video taping. And then you will have the whole slander/liable issue.

Edit: Also they may have found pieces of that Malaysian flight that disappeared a year and a half ago.

Click here

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jul 30, 2015

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Genocide Tendency posted:

Heavily edited videos

I don't think heavily is a good enough word. The videos are a loving hack job of monumental proportions. It's seriously about a half step away from the stuff they pulled in Forrest Gump to have him talking to presidents. The entire thing is a coordinated political attack ad masquerading as 'journalism' by a bunch of hacks that do this for a living.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

1984 was pretty accurate about the two minute hate really

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
Russia gonna be Russia no matter what.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...a-10418822.html

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Isn't the person behind it also the fake pimp from the ACORN poo poo a few years ago? That should be all the proof anybody needs that it's bullshit.

Which also explains why it's all over Fox.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
It's a coordinated push between anti-abortion zealots, right wing media, and the GOP to get abortion and defunding Planned Parenthood into the 2016 conversation in a major way. They're going to drag this poo poo out for the next few years.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Zeroisanumber posted:

It's a coordinated push between anti-abortion zealots, right wing media, and the GOP to get abortion and defunding Planned Parenthood into the 2016 conversation in a major way. They're going to drag this poo poo out for the next few years.

Sounds like yet another loving spectacular way to lose an election. They should totally bring up gay marriage while they're at it, maybe

It's like the democrats beating their foreheads bloody on gun control. It brings out passion, but only from single-issue people who were going to vote for you anyway. Everyone else moves a bit farther away from you at the dinner party, and starts looking nervously at their watch.

Also, I was hoping that this thread would be a bastion of not-giving-a-poo poo-about-that-loving-lion, but no, I was let down. :(

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

trump said hed love to have palin on his cabinet

terrifying

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Equine Don posted:

Never trust a dentist.

My dentist is an ok Chinese dude. He openly admits to hoarding any gold fillings he pulls from his patients to melt down for when he retires.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MrYenko posted:

Also, I was hoping that this thread would be a bastion of not-giving-a-poo poo-about-that-loving-lion, but no, I was let down. :(

Dude, its basically Mufasa for adults

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Professor Bling posted:

Dude, its basically Mufasa for adults

Yeah I blame the Lion King 100%. I made a joke post about it on Facebook and someone got all huffy about how trophy hunting :qq: GOES AGAINST NATURE :qq:

Some schmuck dropping 50k on a physical representation of his not-at-all-dwindling virility is just as much a part of The Circle of Life as that Hyena crawling into the dead elephant's rear end in a top hat to get at the tasty bits.

Hail Satan.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I used to gently caress a girl in college who was casually dating a dentist. He was a massive rear end in a top hat, but he was rich and got her a bunch of poo poo, so she was fuckin him. he'd take her to the office, get her high on nitrious oxide or whatever painkiller poo poo they use and gently caress her.

This girl also had a 1000$ a week coke habit and her daddies idea of rehab was to fly her home for a week, send her shopping to destress, and ask her to please stop blowing fat lines everyday. She was an incredibly hosed up person but god drat she was fine and she paid for everything with daddies card.

Thats my dentist story thanks for listening

Good planned parenthood tldr btw.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

trump said hed love to have palin on his cabinet

terrifying

on the desk is always a good option too

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Two Finger posted:

on the desk is always a good option too

Thread back on track, gently caress that lion.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/07/29/donald_trump_to_oprah_in_1988_america_a_debtor_nation_something_is_going_to_happen.html

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
The lion story is a good allegory for what happens when someone dangles a piece of meat in front of you to get you out of the house and you follow blindly.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Mike-o posted:

seriously, why is this news? who the gently caress even knew about this loving lion before this poo poo happened? nobody, that's who.
Because it gets clicks.

I mean gently caress that dentist rear end in a top hat but it get clicks.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
We're in the silly season of news because it's summer and ratings are down. Government slows down, people take vacations, parents are busy with kids. So the news has to find ways to fill time and boost ratings.

So you get Donald Trump. Confederate flag. Moral panics of any kind really. White lady wanting to be black. Shark attacks. Lion poachers. The lion story is not a blip in the big picture of world events. But people share it. It pulls at the heartstrings and is tragic. And it's got a villain.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jul 30, 2015

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
So pretty much like every time of the year then?!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Also Robert Mugabe once ate an entire zoo for his birthday.

Look it up.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

if he shot a panther I'd be outraged

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Godholio posted:

Isn't the person behind it also the fake pimp from the ACORN poo poo a few years ago? That should be all the proof anybody needs that it's bullshit.

Which also explains why it's all over Fox.

Met fake pimp dude at a party. He was kind of a sperg.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

holocaust bloopers posted:

So pretty much like every time of the year then?!

I remember shortly before september 11th ( :smith: ) the news cycle was obsessed about the single digit shark attacks that happen every year.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Full Battle Rattle posted:

I remember shortly before september 11th ( :smith: ) the news cycle was obsessed about the single digit shark attacks that happen every year.

That and the congressman who definitely killed the girl he was having an affair with, but no one could get substantial evidence on

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

So long as there is something or someone to pillory the public is happy.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Full Battle Rattle posted:

9/11 was orchestrated to distract from the Enron bankrupcty.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stultus Maximus posted:

Hey rear end in a top hat, the Jews caused 9/11. Don't try and co-opt our achievements.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Mullah Omar probably dead

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
RIP pirate looking motherfucker

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Waroduce posted:

Mullah Omar probably dead

Bullshit. Mullah Omar cannot die.

Wherever there is a pre-mission CLIC briefing, he will (maybe) be there (probably).

Forever.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

And Firestone tires.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
FTC beginning an investigation into the University of Phoenix for being massive dickholes (not the good kind) about their dubious business practices, including the taking money from vets in gross disproportion to other institutes of education. Maybe veterans will begin going to real colleges, or maybe they'll find new ways to gently caress off their GI Bill, it's a mystery

Personally I think GI Bill money should have a 20% allowance built in to be spent on weed and hookers, but whatever I'm not in charge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Good. UoP has also been losing money for the past year too.

bloops fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jul 30, 2015

• Locked thread