Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
I'm back, sorry I wasn't joking about the hour a week to play problem.

My buddy said they've unlocked almost everything there is to do in their clan so it seems like he wants to stay there but is cool with allying our little 2 man squad with goons. How do we do that? TBH if its a ton of a work to coordinate lets hold off because I'm still kinda trying this game out and don't want to ask a ton only to disappear in a month.

On that note: I considered outright buying the rhino frame last night when plat was 1/3rd off. But dang its like $15 huh? That seems expensive. I'm thinking maybe I'll try to farm for it since I still need to get a few levels on my mag plus starter weapons before I trade out. I'm getting kind of tired of this bow anyway, its sick as hell on some missions but other times I really need a better rate of fire and less need to aim precisely.

It is a little demotivating and intimidating looking at all the stuff involved in progressing. What is a good smaller goal to shoot for at level 2 pretty much still starting out? I've been doing that archwing quest and trying to figure out rhino frame stuff. Also looking at a good secondary / primary to shoot for but theres so many suggestions it brings me back to confusion. I do have the blueprints for a heat sword and all I need is one part, guessing it would be smart to go for that?

I actually wouldn't mind just buying a rhino prime but do you really have to sit in trade chat shouting WTB? Like loving everquest 15 years ago? With such limited time I don't really want to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
This is not necessarily the best game for those that are pretty limited on time. However, you can get a fair bit done if you play for maybe an hour or so every day all the time. The thread title is very relevant.

Also, you can normally just ask in clan chat for stuff when you're at the mastery rank to be able to complete trades (and have the requisite credits) and people will either help you farm something pretty quickly or just outright give it to you for maybe a Rank 5 Rare Fusion Core (5 dots and gold shiny mod thing).

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Dude... never buy frames for plat. Goons can help you get the frames you need. Ask in Alliance chat (And it's very easy to join the Alliance with your clan. Just post a request here asking to join with your Warframe Clan Name). Save plat for slots, and learn the market a bit before going on the market and buying poo poo. wftrading.net is a good start (though not completely accurate).

And yeah, seriously, you sit there saying WTB. The obvious downside is this system is annoying and innefficient. The upside though is that means there's no obvious "set" price for anything, and you can fleece pubbies for tons of plat if you know what you're doing.

Tbh, I ran out of trades yesterday and now I only have 32k credits due to trade tax, heh.

Sidenote: I have almost all of the non-prime frames after like 6 months of relatively casual playing (I had most of them before then though). It doesn't take much. What will take additional effort: Getting all your Prime frames/weapons, getting all the modules you want, getting neurodes/neural sensors/orokin cells, and then getting forma and froma'ing all your crap. Orokin Catalysts/Boosters drop via Gift of Lotus Alert about every 2 weeks (it's one or the other) on fridays iirc.

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jul 29, 2015

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Xguard86 posted:

My buddy said they've unlocked almost everything there is to do in their clan so it seems like he wants to stay there but is cool with allying our little 2 man squad with goons. How do we do that? TBH if its a ton of a work to coordinate lets hold off because I'm still kinda trying this game out and don't want to ask a ton only to disappear in a month.

Not much to coordinate. First, you post the name of your clan in here. Then I send a clan invite. And then someone in your clan with the appropriate role (negotiator? mediator? something like that. Or it might be leader only. If you're both warlords then it can be either of you, if not that it may need to be him) accepts it, and that's that. I don't think that the invites expire, so a week or so wait there shouldn't be a problem.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Thranguy posted:

Not much to coordinate. First, you post the name of your clan in here. Then I send a clan invite. And then someone in your clan with the appropriate role (negotiator? mediator? something like that. Or it might be leader only. If you're both warlords then it can be either of you, if not that it may need to be him) accepts it, and that's that. I don't think that the invites expire, so a week or so wait there shouldn't be a problem.

Cool. I will get the name hopefully tonight and post it and give him the heads up for next time we play or he logs in.

You know I might actually be able to play more than 1 hour per week, its just like last priority so when stuff comes up I can't play space ninja. I think last week I actually played games at least an hour most nights.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

If the teaser page is to be believed, carrier dog and dog armor is coming in the update.

Chaos341
Aug 13, 2010
Oh thank god

https://twitter.com/rebbford/status/626490724272443392/photo/1

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

PathAsc posted:

If the teaser page is to be believed, carrier dog and dog armor is coming in the update.

I think the only features that got pushed back were the new raid and the new star chart.

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

@sj_sinclair
PC update is slipping to Thursday :( Its looking Cape-'mazing but we need the rest of the day for loose ends. Sorry my Tenno.

Terbulus fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jul 29, 2015

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Male Man posted:

I think the only features that got pushed back were the new raid and the new star chart.

I must have missed that. I meant believed in the buggy way. Like the dog will end up only returning with one drop in it's mouth or something or the armor will only work on sentinels somehow.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

also from the guy who did Vacuum Cleaner Prime:

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Terbulus posted:

@sj_sinclair
PC update is slipping to Thursday :( Its looking Cape-'mazing but we need the rest of the day for loose ends. Sorry my Tenno.

I was totally looking forward to spending today playing with no stamina. Ah well, suppose I can at least play the new Crawl update in the meantime.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Malachite_Dragon posted:

While we're discussing peripherals, are there any decent wireless gaming keyboard/mouse combo sets? Having both keyboard and mouse go to one single receiver helps a lot with my limited number of USB ports.

I know it's not a "set", but the Logitech performance MX mouse is wireless and loving fantastic. Charges an internal NiCAD battery (which you can replace with your own) via mini-USB. I've had mine for a while now. It's great. Uses the single tiny-dongle receiver which I'm sure Logitech makes a wireless keyboard that interfaces with.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

DelphiAegis posted:

I know it's not a "set", but the Logitech performance MX mouse is wireless and loving fantastic. Charges an internal NiCAD battery (which you can replace with your own) via mini-USB. I've had mine for a while now. It's great. Uses the single tiny-dongle receiver which I'm sure Logitech makes a wireless keyboard that interfaces with.

But but latency will affect my high speed low drag mesa left click holding :saddowns:

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Haquer posted:

But but latency will affect my high speed low drag mesa left click holding :saddowns:

Why hold left click when you can just use the steam overlay to hold down left click for you?

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Haquer posted:

That's what a USB extender cord is for. Plug it into your PC, plug the tiny-dongle into the end of that. Have it less than a foot from your kb/mouse. VIOLINS.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Rayjenkins posted:

Why hold left click when you can just use the steam overlay to hold down left click for you?

I told pubbies about this trick and blew their loving minds.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Rayjenkins posted:

Haquer posted:

I told pubbies about this trick and blew their loving minds.

...wait, what?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm still traumatized by that pubbie mesa we picked up who insisted that he could hold them all off with his quanta.

(we died)

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

y'know, this Mechete Wraith ain't half bad if you use the Right Mouse Button combo (Flash Flood I think) for Sundering Weave that sends you into a spin. Staggers all enemies.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Vanderdeath posted:

...wait, what?

Hold left click in Peacemaker, bring up steam overlay, release left click, turn off steam overlay.

The game thinks you're perma holding left click and you can even type and everything.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Haquer posted:

Hold left click in Peacemaker, bring up steam overlay, release left click, turn off steam overlay.

The game thinks you're perma holding left click and you can even type and everything.

It's fantastic. I almost feel like it should be put into the OP, under something like "Special Frame Notes" or something.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
That actually works with any held input, so long as the WF window loses focus.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Russian version of hype site is Google Translate as gently caress

From English to Russian and back to English for Equinox posted:

Balance of the two forms became like day potentials increasing in might of allies and the destroying of enemies in times of waves. If allowance of nightfall asleep the enemies and convalesce allies.

That's my own translation of what's written there and it's honestly less of a mess than what they got up there due to the pronoun and tense soup.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jul 30, 2015

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
http://www.pcgamer.com/warframe-to-get-major-echoes-of-the-sentient-update-this-week/
Twin Grakatas. :pcgaming:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I was really sad that I didn't get in on the Prisma Grakata but now I feel less sad

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Twin Grakatas better mean two Grakatas taped together. Chip Damage all day.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

They really missed an opportunity by calling U17 Echoes of the Sentient and not High Holy Goddamn Twin Grakatas

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Tyl Reegors' axe and shield, you say? :black101:

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Yeah, it was datamined around the Excalibur Umbra reveal.

That's why I took the 50 plat Excalibur Umbra bet with you, by the way. We're most likely getting Umbra as a frame because its name and description strings as "DarkExcalibur" are already in the international client.

You have no idea how tempted I was to say "Would you like to pay out now?" and show the datamining results.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jul 30, 2015

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I'll be happy if we get it as a separate Frame, but I still wouldn't put it past DE_Steve to argue that it should be yet another skin, because DE_Steve hates us but loves our money.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

It's possible, but as far as I know only Warframes have two descriptions, a short for the Arsenal and a long one for the Codex.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

So, it's been...easily over a year since I last played this game. Do I understand correctly that it's still "in beta?"

e: does it still revolve entirely around murdering endless numbers of insert-faction-here enemies with your penetration-modded weapons in order to get a shot at whatever it is you're looking for?

LonsomeSon fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jul 30, 2015

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

LonsomeSon posted:

So, it's been...easily over a year since I last played this game. Do I understand correctly that it's still "in beta?"

You got it!

Not sure it'll ever leave beta, really.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I think it'll only be 'out of beta' when there's enough non-exclusive poo poo in game for new players to have reached rank 30 from the start.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
They may say it's out of beta at some point but it's probably still gonna be as buggy as a beta.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Tallgeese posted:

Yeah, it was datamined around the Excalibur Umbra reveal.
They teased the axe & shield months ago during a devstream.

Also I'm totally gonna build a couple Grakatas right now to get ready.

LonsomeSon posted:

e: does it still revolve entirely around murdering endless numbers of insert-faction-here enemies with your penetration-modded weapons in order to get a shot at whatever it is you're looking for?
They've long-ago stopped referring to it as beta, but have never actually come out and said it's not, either. View that as you will, but I think they kind of recognize that the distinction is essentially meaningless for something as constantly-evolving as Warframe.

While the endless hordes of mooks are still there, how you mod weapons has changed. Puncture is no longer the be-all-end-all and hasn't been for a long time. This wiki page may be helpful.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

DoombatINC posted:

They really missed an opportunity by calling U17 Echoes of the Sentient and not High Holy Goddamn Twin Grakatas
U17: Clem

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Like I said in chat, when Bladestorm targets a drone Ash should dunk it like a basketball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.
omg twin grakatas

You guys, this is the best thing that's ever happened. so many bullets