Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tantalus
Feb 11, 2004

SgtScruffy posted:

Just bought a Raspberry Pi 2 to make an emulator box. I tried this with a Raspberry Pi B like two years ago and failed miserably, so let's see if second time is a charm :shobon:

What problems did you run into with the B? I was thinking about using my B for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

That's a very pretty bike :3

I kinda want to get a racer, but it's hard to find racers with disc brakes that don't also come with wider/more treaded tires.

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

SgtScruffy posted:

Just bought a Raspberry Pi 2 to make an emulator box. I tried this with a Raspberry Pi B like two years ago and failed miserably, so let's see if second time is a charm :shobon:

Ahh, you should try BeagleSNES. The guy who makes it is a good natured goon.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Turambar posted:

Food is overrated

ofc chocolate is the buff black dude :colbert:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Phosphine posted:

That's a very pretty bike :3

I kinda want to get a racer, but it's hard to find racers with disc brakes that don't also come with wider/more treaded tires.

Yea, that felt is a cx bike but there's no reason I couldn't put slicks on it. Discs on road frames are becoming more and more common though, giant and cannondale both have options.

duffmensch
Feb 20, 2004

Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem!

Tantalus posted:

What problems did you run into with the B? I was thinking about using my B for this.

Depending on what system you're trying to emulate, it shouldn't be too much of a hassle to get it setup. Just avoid N64 and some/most PS1 roms and you'll be fine. Shoot me a PM if you need help getting it up and running.

Along those lines, finally gave in and bought a Pi 2 to replace the B that I'm using for my daughter to use AirPlay with on her stereo.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Sappo569 posted:

Decided to upgrade the home desktop

I love my R5. It's so bloody easy to work with.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

mfcrocker posted:

It was the most recommended case in PC Building/Upgrading/Parts-picking Megathread

I should have it tomorrow, excited to unbox !

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Turambar posted:

Food is overrated

hopefully those ones don't contain rat poo

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004
Finally decided to go to an actual running store and have my feet/stride analyzed so I could buy some proper running shoes that actually work for me. Apparently I have a slight pronation so they recommended something with mild stability control. These felt awesome and fit my feet super nicely and were surprisingly light for a shoe that has stability control. I went for a short run on a treadmill tonight and felt great.

New Balance 870v4

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

mfcrocker posted:

Yeah, if I were building a PC today, the R5 would be my default case.

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer

bowmore posted:

hopefully those ones don't contain rat poo
What's the E number for that?

It tastes okay, if bland. I don't plan to switch to it for all meals, just when I don't have much time. I like regular food too much.
I've noticed that it's quite filling. I don't get a craving for snacks late at night after a shake, so that's a plus.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

JPrime posted:

Hrm, that's encouraging. My other problem is cable management. I'm the person with the rats nest of cables behind the entertainment center, under my desk, in my network closet. :negative:

I did my first build in over 10 years last year and when I had a problem with it booting I took it to a local shop. They called me the next day and told me they had found out the problem (one wrong cable plugged in) and also rerouted all my cables and make everything nice and clean. It was like 60 bucks total, don't worry about it.

SplinteredMind
Jan 7, 2005

"I have to nap up. If I don't get a solid five, it kills my sunny disposition."
Got my tax return (refund) here in Australia... so decided it was time to treat yo' self! Have to wait to I move into my new apartment on Saturday before I can enjoy them :(

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Tantalus posted:

I was using the Retropie software, and basically I would take like 30 minutes to get it set up, would be able to play a game for about 20 minutes, and then the next time I'd turn it on, there'd just be some crazy command prompt error messages. It was probably a bad unit or something, but I tried using multiple memory cards and different chargers and stuff to try to troubleshoot it. I probably formatted and re-set up everything 10 times before I just gave up

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

SplinteredMind posted:

Got my tax return (refund) here in Australia... so decided it was time to treat yo' self! Have to wait to I move into my new apartment on Saturday before I can enjoy them :(

DiskStations own. Probably my best tech buy of the decade. Install Plex server on there.

I also love my Hue lights. You did good.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Great! I was just looking for a new way to spend my yearly 250€ of eco-vouchers after buying a bike and headphones, and it seems I can use them for Hue lights since they are leds.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Turambar posted:

What's the E number for that?

It tastes okay, if bland. I don't plan to switch to it for all meals, just when I don't have much time. I like regular food too much.
I've noticed that it's quite filling. I don't get a craving for snacks late at night after a shake, so that's a plus.
I'd try it if I lived in the States.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I want the HUE floods so badly for my recessed lights, but I have 6 in my family room and 6 in the kitchen and it would come to around US$700.

I ended up ordering 12 of these about an hour ago instead, which came to US$150:

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

That box said "Dickstation" when I first read it.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

blarzgh posted:

Glad I'm not the only one who read it that way every time it was written.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

blarzgh posted:

Not polite, leave OPs Mom out of this.

Tantalus
Feb 11, 2004

duffmensch posted:

Depending on what system you're trying to emulate, it shouldn't be too much of a hassle to get it setup. Just avoid N64 and some/most PS1 roms and you'll be fine. Shoot me a PM if you need help getting it up and running.

Along those lines, finally gave in and bought a Pi 2 to replace the B that I'm using for my daughter to use AirPlay with on her stereo.

I was going to stick with the older stuff, so that makes me feel better. Thanks for the offer of the PM. I might take you up on it if I can ever get to the project.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

10lbs. of fresh shrimp for a boil this weekend.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Scarf posted:

10lbs. of fresh shrimp for a boil this weekend.

I will now be crashing.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

VendaGoat posted:

I will now be crashing.

Can I get a ride?
I'll bring the beer and mustard.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Inzombiac posted:

Can I get a ride?
I'll bring the beer and mustard.

What the hell is the mustard for?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Shrimp boils usually have sausage involved too.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Mu Zeta posted:

Yeah they do, I never put mustard on the sausage though. The spices used in the boil are usually plenty (at least the way I do it).

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

Dis guy^

Also corn on the cob.

So I'll drive, we got beer, mustard, need anything else?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

VendaGoat posted:

Dis guy^

Also corn on the cob.

So I'll drive, we got beer, mustard, need anything else?

And red potatoes. The forgotten soldiers of lowcountry boil.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
poo poo, I haven't done a lowcountry boil in a while. Thanks for putting that in my head; pretty sure I know what I'm cooking this weekend now.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Toast Museum posted:

poo poo, I haven't done a lowcountry boil in a while. Thanks for putting that in my head; pretty sure I know what I'm cooking this weekend now.

This'll make 3 weekends in a row for me... I have a problem.

(and a good source of shrimp)

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Scarf posted:

This'll make 3 weekends in a row for me... I have a problem.

(and a good source of shrimp)

You're in Charleston, right? Where are you buying from?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Toast Museum posted:

You're in Charleston, right? Where are you buying from?

Yup. Geechie Seafood Co. on shem creek. They're tucked back in the neighborhood where Magwood's and Wando Shrimp Co. used to be. You basically turn down a gravel drive between two giant houses, and they're out on the dock.

Also, if you follow the Save Shem Creek group of facebook, they post almost daily about which captains/boats have shrimp, where they're set up selling, and the prices they're offering. It's been pretty decent, about $7-$8/lbs for head off mediums. $3-$5 for head on. They'll usually cut you a break if you're buying more than 5lbs.

They had jumbos 2 weeks ago that were about as long as your hand...

Scarf has a new favorite as of 19:16 on Jul 30, 2015

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
i bought a new larger hard drive as my OS is only on a 64 gb one right now and its a little tight, migrating to a larger drive should help

also i got this cleaning kit for my shop vac because im sure my case will be full of dust and poo poo as it hasnt been opened in years

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

tomstuart posted:

also i got this cleaning kit for my shop vac because im sure my case will be full of dust and poo poo as it hasnt been opened in years

Tiny nozzle on a shop vac? That's going to suck out the dust, the wires, maybe some capacitors...

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

flosofl posted:

Tiny nozzle on a shop vac? That's going to suck out the dust, the wires, maybe some capacitors...

im actually going to be hooking it up to the "blower" end of the shop vac with one of those longer narrow tubes

but even if i wasnt i only have one of the 2.5 hp vacs, its not one of the bigger 6+ hp professional ones

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

tomstuart posted:

im actually going to be hooking it up to the "blower" end of the shop vac with one of those longer narrow tubes

but even if i wasnt i only have one of the 2.5 hp vacs, its not one of the bigger 6+ hp professional ones

Yeah, I was thinking about those hooked to my 6.5hp 12 gallon shop vac. Nothing but bare PCBs would be left in the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

flosofl posted:

Yeah, I was thinking about those hooked to my 6.5hp 12 gallon shop vac. Nothing but bare PCBs would be left in the case.

I have the distinct feeling that those could even remove skin on a bigger shop vac