Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Gunfights with Japanese destroyers in my Nicholas is fun but it's hard to do since it spots you for the rest of its goddamn team, nearly negating one of the American DDs main advantages unless you catch the enemy DD in a real one on one situation which is really rare given the ranges on naval guns. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
They should add the Mutsu as a premium. Give it a 10% chance of detonating at battle start.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Largepotato posted:

They should add the Mutsu as a premium. Give it a 10% chance of detonating at battle start.

Hell of a way to kill yourself. If it was a suicide that's gotta be close to if not the record for number of people killed.

edit: Kamikaze attacks don't count.

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Jul 30, 2015

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

rossmum posted:

Ahaha, that stream. "They're all missing! I honestly don't get it!" he says, as he fires at a Pensacola with the exact same accuracy-nerfing camo his own ship has. Jesus.

Also, the part where he says he knows he can pen a NM? Let me tell you about the NM I met yesterday in my Warspite. We were within dick-punching range, so close I had to circle out a little to depress my guns to the waterline, and I could not pen his belt. No spalling, nothing. Zero loving damage. New Mexico is one tough fucker to pen, even with 15" guns.

I've pretty much given up on trying to citadel New Mexicos with anything short of 16in guns. I'll now just aim a bit higher to ram the shells through the secondary casemates and take the regular pen damage.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Is it possible to citadel shoot battleships with a Phoenix or Omaha? Or am I better off just dumping HE in all situations? I haven't been able to get many citadel hits at all on BBs, but I've gotten a couple on other cruisers with AP rounds.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

ghetto wormhole posted:

Hell of a way to kill yourself. If it was a suicide that's gotta be close to if not the record for number of people killed.

The theory of a fire next to the magazine is the more likely cause.

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe she's born with it.
Maybe it's
cosmoline.

Not being afraid to head into the middle of the map and slug it out is such good fun and results in awesome XP/Credit rewards. At least with US BBs :D

ghetto wormhole posted:

As I'm roughly in the middle of Grey Hunter's War in the Pacific LP, I'm sometimes not sure which thread I'm looking at between that one and this. :shobon:

TehKeen fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Jul 30, 2015

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
That streamer was playing BBs like every other bad pub. Staying at long/max range and then wondering why their salvos weren't connecting with more than 1 or 2 shells.

If you're in a BB you need to get into the thick of things. Even beardy dude mcstream did that at the beginning of the stream when he smoked that Myogi.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

ghetto wormhole posted:

Blaming suicidal sailors in lieu of admitting to dangerously outdated flammable/explosive things aboard ships and lax safety procedures is a long and proud naval tradition, though the USN did it best with the "suicidal-homicidal gay sailor" theory for Iowa's turret going kaboom.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Sometimes your team just does not want to win, no matter how much you carry. Citadeled to death two Kumas, two Phoenixes, and a Yubari. My team had five people that did not break double digit xp.

That would have been a good game for the contest.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Such is the way of life for internet gaming :smithicide:

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
What are you supposed to do with the floating piece of poo poo that is the South Carolina? HP of a cruiser, manuverability of a bridge support, gets matched with t4's and t5's that shits all over me.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Just had a pretty great game in my Tenryu. Started off by citadeling a Myogi and sinking it in 2 AP salvos. Then I used my speed to slip around and take out their Langley with HE and torpedoes.

Finished up by murdering a Clemson that was bearing down on our own CV while dancing through his torpedoes unscathed. Ended up getting all three of my daily missions (2 ships killed, 3 ships killed, and 5 torp hits) completed in one go.

The Tenryu definitely feels undergunned next to the St. Louis, but drat if it doesn't have some sweet moves.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Throbbing blob posted:

What are you supposed to do with the floating piece of poo poo that is the South Carolina? HP of a cruiser, manuverability of a bridge support, gets matched with t4's and t5's that shits all over me.
Endure. Sadly poo poo ships are poo poo and there's nothing you can do about them.

Gegil
Jun 22, 2012

Smoke'em if you Got'em
I escaped the Furutaka last night. and you were all right. the Aoba feels wonderful. I'm not sure if this is just the Stockholm syndrome talking but it felt like a joy to take out in matches.

Pros
Guns turn faster, Ship turns faster, Torps are longer ranged. Guns "feel" more accurate but what the hell do I know with only two games in it.

Cons
2.8 million credits.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Shipbuilding Extreme
Part 1 - In which I take pictures that are way too large

Well my boat finally arrived. The UPS man was so nice and actually called me since my bell is broken. Well, in any case - this is the package:

The highly anticipated ship game~

Colors and brushes not includes. I needed a few more colors, and Italieri was so nice and suggested the one I should buy. The little flyer is not actually the one with the codes, I suppose it is that piece of paper you get when browsing the store. On the backside many WoT model kits you can buy.

No idea why you would to. Yes I am a hypocrite.

Swastikas not included.

Well as far as sizes goes I overestimated it a bit. Which is good, don't wanna spend weeks on this thing anyway, which is basically only a vessel to deliver me a glorious russian boat ingame. Cement included, Nice.

Get poo poo on by carriers

Some promotional stuff in the little booklet. Neat?

We forgot to mention that this is an MMO so be prepared to be called a human being in chat. Also "simulator"

More of these things that no sane person should care about.

Guns! More guns! Also you are wroooooong.

Who would have guessed that ships have weakspots. Thanks for the infodump WG but seriously, it is a boat. The weakspots are so obvious that pointing them out is actually hilarous.

Only one step below naked anime lady posters...

I guess it is an okay poster? It is a bit small but whatever.

Hold tight for the next update in which I realize I don't have any wood color because Italerie forgot to mention that.

And for those who actually read this and don't have this game yet. This is one of the invite codes. The other will follows in the next updates.

3BN7T-ETXPP-K3F2Y-S66RN

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Test running co-op using Atago. Bots are mirrored.

Daily 1.5X + Premium

513 base xp for 5~10 minutes of work ain't too bad imo.

Bots don't use Damage Control or repair. However they will load AP inside about 10 km. I died because I was being dumb and didn't realize bot Atago loaded AP and managed to hit citadel that easily. But at this stage there was only 1 more bot left 25 km from me (did kill that Atago with torp) so I couldn't have gotten more xp anyway.

Overall it's worth a spin if you know your poo poo + don't want to waste 20 minutes getting ~1k base xp just because you lost.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Tahirovic posted:

I am having a lot of fun in it too when the MM doesn't poo poo all over it. Seeing destroyers come in close trying to blow you up just to get wrecked by secondaries is amazing fun.

For those of you playing against Warspites, stay 7km or more away from it and never ever go below 5km if you can avoid it.

I love my Warspite too, making credits is barely a chore. Add the extra credits flag and the lower repair cost one to cash in best. My captain has 8 points currently and I definitely second the 'destroyers melt under 5km' thing. With a few more points I'll get the tier 4 secondary range boost for even more hilarity.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Oh hey haha RIP the loving code is only valid for EU accounts.
gently caress you wargaming.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!

Michaellaneous posted:

Oh hey haha RIP the loving code is only valid for EU accounts.
gently caress you wargaming.

The game is in open beta, so why would anyone need a invite code?

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
It comes with premium fuckbucks and some premium time.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Hagop posted:

The game is in open beta, so why would anyone need a invite code?

Also it's not the invite codes it the code with the premium ship and 500 signal flags.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Aesis posted:

Test running co-op using Atago. Bots are mirrored.

Daily 1.5X + Premium

513 base xp for 5~10 minutes of work ain't too bad imo.

Bots don't use Damage Control or repair. However they will load AP inside about 10 km. I died because I was being dumb and didn't realize bot Atago loaded AP and managed to hit citadel that easily. But at this stage there was only 1 more bot left 25 km from me (did kill that Atago with torp) so I couldn't have gotten more xp anyway.

Overall it's worth a spin if you know your poo poo + don't want to waste 20 minutes getting ~1k base xp just because you lost.

I swapped over to doing bot games in my American CVs (and maybe my Mutsuki) just for the daily double. I figure I'll be able to slowly grind them out and not go crazy about how bad they are until they get rebalanced.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Devorum posted:

The Tenryu definitely feels undergunned next to the St. Louis, but drat if it doesn't have some sweet moves.

The Tenryu is an extremely fun ship that unfortunately gets a bad rap because it's on the same tier as the St. Louis which is an invincible steel lump covered in guns.

mmtt
May 8, 2009

Michaellaneous posted:

3BN7T-ETXPP-K3F2Y-S66RN

EU account here, code invalid. Probably taken by someone else.

Thanks anyways.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Yeah, its unfortunate, but the Tenryuu doesn't hold a candle to the St. Louis. Your only saving grace is your torpedoes and your speed, but if you get anywhere close to a St Louis and present a flat enough angle at your smokestacks, you're going to citadel city.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Throbbing blob posted:

I feel your pain. I'm seriously considering finishing it off against bots. It's the only ship I've played where I often have little to no actual fun in a match. It's especially fun how any opposing carrier can take you out with ease at will if they happen to notice you.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

James Garfield posted:

Someone apparently released SEA server average statistics which more or less confirm what was already obvious about ship/class balance (high tier destroyers are weak, Furutaka is straight up worse than Kuma, US carriers are bad, Japanese carriers are horribly overpowered, etc.)

Do you have an other link for those stats ?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

cock hero flux posted:

The Tenryu is an extremely fun ship that unfortunately gets a bad rap because it's on the same tier as the St. Louis which is an invincible steel lump covered in guns.

The one upside the Tenryu has is it teaches you to play IJN Cruisers a hell of a lot better than the St. Louis teaches you USN ones. I absolutely hated the known Excellent Ship the Phoenix at first because I tried to play it similar to a St. Louis and got citadeled all to hell and back. The Tenryu teaches you Japan's broadsides are basically a giant bullseye for all the boys and girls to ram their AP shells through for fabulous prizes and so not to do that much.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Krogort posted:

Do you have an other link for those stats ?

That's the only site I know of. I just checked and the link worked for me.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
You know, I actually might want to get myself a Bismarck eventually. Quick turrets, high rate of fire, high speed, big secondary battery and workable belt armor? Given how much I love the Nagato for her brawling ability, it sounds right up my alley. Will prolly have some toruble with slower rudder and less pen on the guns (and lovely AA), but that's something I can live with. Cruiser drivers are prolly gonna hate this thing though between its speed, fast turrets and high rate of fire - ain't like you need the pen from 16-inchers to nuke them.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
Now this was a good Warspite game. Starts off quietly enough and finishes with a win on points after I get 5 kills. You can almost feel the last Wyoming screaming 'die die die!' before he explodes leaving me with a tiny sliver. Killing the 2nd Cleveland blind firing into his citadel was just the icing on this delicious cake.

I even remembered to turn on replays recently

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I think I'm finding that the real reason fighting DDs as a BB is difficult is that switching to HE to shotgun the little fuckers takes 30 seconds.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
Are citadel hits randomly generated or is there actual hit detection? Brand new to this game so forgive my ignorance, but in my first game I shot a cruiser right in the citadel with several AP shots at very close range and didn't get any big crits.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

James Garfield posted:

That's the only site I know of. I just checked and the link worked for me.

That's strange, I get a "403 Forbiden" error and a couple lines in some asian symbols.
I'm in europe, maybe it's region restricted.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Unzip and Attack posted:

Are citadel hits randomly generated or is there actual hit detection? Brand new to this game so forgive my ignorance, but in my first game I shot a cruiser right in the citadel with several AP shots at very close range and didn't get any big crits.
There is actual hit detection, but it is still affected by the randomness of dispersion. What ship were you shooting, which ship were you using, and at what range? Shell caliber and velocity (and therefore range), thickness of enemy armor, and angle of attack all play a factor.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

grrarg posted:

There is actual hit detection, but it is still affected by the randomness of dispersion. What ship were you shooting, which ship were you using, and at what range? Shell caliber and velocity (and therefore range), thickness of enemy armor, and angle of attack all play a factor.

I was piloting the default American cruiser and firing against the American cruiser that's one level up from the default, at almost point blank broadside for both ships. He must have had his weapons disabled because he only shot at me once while I had time to switch to AP and fire 3 whole volleys before some torps took him out.

MeatloafCat
Apr 10, 2007
I can't think of anything to put here.

James Garfield posted:

Someone apparently released SEA server average statistics which more or less confirm what was already obvious about ship/class balance (high tier destroyers are weak, Furutaka is straight up worse than Kuma, US carriers are bad, Japanese carriers are horribly overpowered, etc.)

I love how just one person has an Albany.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Well if someone wants the ultra special russian premium cruiser, I am willing to trade it for a gift on the NA server. PM me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

MeatloafCat posted:

I love how just one person has an Albany.

It's also nice to have additional vindication that the Myogi is an even bigger pile of poo poo than the Kawachi.