Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Dabir posted:

Which is "not".

Oh no, I like giving opponents the illusion that they're playing the game, until they attack into my stuff and realize that it was a big mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

You really think someone would do that?
Just go on the internet and tell lies?
We kaiju now.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Lisandra_brave posted:

We kaiju now.

My italian's rusty, but
"You can special summon this card to your opponent's field in attack position by tributing one monster he controls. You can remove 3 Kaiju cards from the field to destroy all your opponent's monsters. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect. "

Something to that effect.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Senerio posted:

My italian's rusty, but
"You can special summon this card to your opponent's field in attack position by tributing one monster he controls. You can remove 3 Kaiju cards from the field to destroy all your opponent's monsters. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect. "

Something to that effect.

HOLY poo poo

And just like that, I have new favorite archetype

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

It's counters. The field spell racks up counters whenever a card is sent from field to grave.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
(Doragon, the Kaiju Mad Flame)
Level 8 FIRE Dinosaur-Type Effect Monster
ATK 3000
DEF 1200
You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) to the opponent’s side of the field in Attack Position tributing 1 monster they control. If your opponent controls a “Kaiju” monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand) in Attack Position. You can only control 1 “Kaiju” monster. Once per turn: you can remove 3 Kaiju counters on your side of the field; destroy all monsters your opponent controls. This card cannot attack during the turn in which you activate this effect.

:allears:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
These are gonna be some weird cards

Vise the Stompy
Mar 26, 2006

This cosmic dance; bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend....Peace!
Doctor Rope
So you can summon kaiju's on their side, which gets rid of untargetable or cannot be effected cards, so you can summon kaiju's so you can have a kaiju fight? Im in love :stwoon:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

MOTHERFUCKING KAIJU. :stare:

Vise the Stompy posted:

So you can summon kaiju's on their side, which gets rid of untargetable or cannot be effected cards, so you can summon kaiju's so you can have a kaiju fight? Im in love :stwoon:

Not to mention that their field spell is A CITY ON KYOTO'S SEAFRONT WHICH IS WHERE LIKE EVERY GODZILLA MOVIE HAPPENS.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Kumongous, il Kaiju Filo Appiccicoso (Kumongous the Sticky Thread Kaiju)
Level 7 EARTH Insect-Type Effect Monster
ATK 2400
DEF 2500
You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) to the opponent’s side of the field in Attack Position tributing 1 monster they control. If your opponent controls a “Kaiju” monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand) in Attack Position. You can only control 1 “Kaiju” monster. When the opponent Normal or Special Summons a monster(s): you can remove 2 Kaiju counters from your side of the field; until the end of the next turn, those monsters cannot attack and their effects are negated.

Kyoutou Lungomare (Kyoutou Seafront/Promenade)
Field Spell Card
Each time a card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, place a Kaiju counter on this card (max 5). Once Per Turn: You can remove 3 Kaiju Counters from this card; add a “Kaiju” monster from deck to hand. If this card would be destroyed, you can remove a Kaiju counter from this card instead.

:swoon:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Every time you feel like the card game has given you the most amazing archetype, it trumps itself!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Onmi posted:

Every time you feel like the card game has given you the most amazing archetype, it follows it up with more EARTH/Machines or DARK/Fiends or LIGHT/Fairies or DARK/Spellcasters or EARTH/Warriors!
Kaiju are awesome, but after getting both them and Kozmo in the same pack, I'm completely expecting Konami to shower us with their usual fallbacks soon.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Sorry about getting the one word wrong, but I got most of it right (forgetting a sentence), which makes me happy.

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:
First Kozmo and now a Godzilla archetype? Man the new archetypes keep on getting better and better.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

And suddenly, Remove Brainwashing becomes a trump card. I am making a deck of these guys as soon as there are enough to make one and they hit YGOPro.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

paradoxGentleman posted:

And suddenly, Remove Brainwashing becomes a trump card. I am making a deck of these guys as soon as there are enough to make one and they hit YGOPro.

Hm.
I wonder how well they'll go with Kozmos.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Keep in mind they all have a highlander on them. If you get an extra somehow, one of them has to go to the graveyard.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Lisandra_brave posted:

Keep in mind they all have a highlander on them. If you get an extra somehow, one of them has to go to the graveyard.

That also means you get a Kaiju Counter and the opponent loses out on a monster.
A win-win.

For the highlander "You can only control 1 of x"
Does that restrict you from activating any effects that cause you to come into control of another copy?

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

There are a lot of things that highlanders do. You can't summon them, but I believe you can do things that would cause you to control multiples. In those cases, you have to send the extras to the grave by game mechanics. The other important thing to remember is that highlander clauses are also active when not on field, which means that even if you've got skill drain up and four kaiju on your side of the field that won't blow up because they're all negated, you can't summon another from your hand, because the one in hand sees that you control one.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Kozmo are amazingly fun and this deck is going to be tier 1 as soon as it gets it's DOCS support.

EDIT: Oh my god the amount of salt in my games today whenever I get Forerunner on the field is beautiful.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jul 29, 2015

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Dexie posted:

Kozmo are amazingly fun and this deck is going to be tier 1 as soon as it gets it's DOCS support.

EDIT: Oh my god the amount of salt in my games today whenever I get Forerunner on the field is beautiful.

Hey Dexie, want to face your kozmo deck against my ghostrick mill?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Slur posted:

Hey Dexie, want to face your kozmo deck against my ghostrick mill?

Why would I want to battle against the Larthinox of Something Awful?

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

How do you guys fight the urge to buy the cards you play on YGO or Dueling network?

I have been playing Shaddolls on YGO probably for an hour a day, and I don't really play tcg's IRL, but man it's so tempting. It's funny I work in a high school, and we are supposed to confiscate yugioh cards, and there is a cabinet of years and years worth of yugioh cards that students never picked up, in the principals office. I don't want to ask him for it because it would show my power level... but what if....

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

lemonslol posted:

How do you guys fight the urge to buy the cards you play on YGO or Dueling network?

I have been playing Shaddolls on YGO probably for an hour a day, and I don't really play tcg's IRL, but man it's so tempting. It's funny I work in a high school, and we are supposed to confiscate yugioh cards, and there is a cabinet of years and years worth of yugioh cards that students never picked up, in the principals office. I don't want to ask him for it because it would show my power level... but what if....

Very. Especially when you go into a store like EB and they have the Noble Knights boxset on display. Eventually the mentality that "This is $80 and you don't play." Hits and I just get over it. But it's hard. It's the same way you have all the cards at your finger tips in YGOPro and yet there's that feeling of cracking packs you miss.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

We should do one of those tournaments to see who the king of goons is.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

lemonslol posted:

We tried doing a tournament. It went poorly.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

lemonslol posted:

We tried doing a draft tournament with people who'd never drafted and no system in place to properly do the draft. It went poorly.

We did a Tag-Team Tournament that went better except by its nature it was unbalanced and one duel wound up taking over an hour and pretty much is a prime example of why Stun in yugioh is purely unfun.

Not to mention there's varying levels of competitivness on SA. Some of us play dumb gimmick decks while others play whatever's the latest meta.

This of course, all bars YGOPro being stable enough to not cause headaches.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Is there enough players to justify a meta/"Gimmick" split?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Cabinet posted:

Is there enough players to justify a meta/"Gimmick" split?

One is far more lopsided. Like I'll bring up the tag tournament again, it was the last tournment we did. The idea was that each team would pick 1 Extra Deck summoning method, Pendulum, Synchro, Xyz, Fusion, and build a deck for it exclusively with none of the other types, with the rogue tribute deck.

Everyone else built an individual deck, and they didn't do all that well but like Team Synchro was really well together. Team Tribute chose a different strategy. Team Tribute decided to just run the exact same deck list pack it full of stun cards so nobody could play anything. Team Synchro still managed to beat them, and eventually won the tournament, but after the disaster of the draft, going into a stream to sit down and watch two players who just desperatly hate everything going on and everyone just agreeing, "Oh god this is awful."

It's easy to see why a lot were discouraged on tournaments.

We could always try one again, but it'd have to be way better organized.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Onmi posted:

One is far more lopsided. Like I'll bring up the tag tournament again, it was the last tournment we did. The idea was that each team would pick 1 Extra Deck summoning method, Pendulum, Synchro, Xyz, Fusion, and build a deck for it exclusively with none of the other types, with the rogue tribute deck.

Everyone else built an individual deck, and they didn't do all that well but like Team Synchro was really well together. Team Tribute chose a different strategy. Team Tribute decided to just run the exact same deck list pack it full of stun cards so nobody could play anything. Team Synchro still managed to beat them, and eventually won the tournament, but after the disaster of the draft, going into a stream to sit down and watch two players who just desperatly hate everything going on and everyone just agreeing, "Oh god this is awful."

It's easy to see why a lot were discouraged on tournaments.

We could always try one again, but it'd have to be way better organized.

The problem is that by inception those tournaments were gimmicky as hell and limited a lot of the usual deck building ideas one would normally use. A regular torunament has a better chance to be entertaining since everyone would be able to build whatever deck they want. Yes, there are decks with a significative advantage over other but that is something you will find on real life tournaments as well.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

We could do archetype decks, as in, you can only use on-archetype cards, with maybe 3 names for non-archetype cards, so you can run poo poo like MST and CotH.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Lisandra_brave posted:

We could do archetype decks, as in, you can only use on-archetype cards, with maybe 3 names for non-archetype cards, so you can run poo poo like MST and CotH.

That would be interesting although I don't know if limiting non-archetype cards would be enough to keep Nekroz, BA, Shaddolls and Qliphorts from steamrolling everyone.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I think a free for all is the best choice.
Work out all the kinks of organizing, get people adapted to the format and leave policing the actual gameplay for later.

Of course some base rules should be there, like no exodia decks/other terrible unfun decks.

But a problem I have with yugioh control-stun (at least the most common variants) is that it really does just lock your opponent rather than restricting them and manipulating the field to your advantage. The locked player has to just sit there, even with a wonderful hand that would set off their deck and just watch the other person go 'battle phase I attack for invariably piddly damage end turn' for 4 or so turns then lose.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I think a free for all is the best choice.
Work out all the kinks of organizing, get people adapted to the format and leave policing the actual gameplay for later.

Of course some base rules should be there, like no exodia decks/other terrible unfun decks.

But a problem I have with yugioh control-stun (at least the most common variants) is that it really does just lock your opponent rather than restricting them and manipulating the field to your advantage. The locked player has to just sit there, even with a wonderful hand that would set off their deck and just watch the other person go 'battle phase I attack for invariably piddly damage end turn' for 4 or so turns then lose.

It's beautiful when this happens.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

It'd at least keep the steamrolling a little lower. Dolls would have to use their slots on attributes for construct, or just use nephe shaddoll fusion more often.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Imo, let people run Exodia, but have a ban on left leg.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Ban the head, exodia quasar.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Replace texture for head with Little D. You still lose but you get a laugh at least.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Slur posted:

It's beautiful when this happens.

Truly are you the Larthinox of Something Awful.

Lisandra_brave posted:

Ban the head, exodia quasar.

It still saddens me that Exodia Quasar is an actual thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Dexie posted:

It still saddens me that Exodia Quasar is an actual thing.

Deck list please.

• Locked thread